HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[Feb. 13] Ian Schultz sent back to Hamilton

Old
02-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Corncob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokentwigg View Post
As for Gauthier...get rid of his a$$ now. He is useless and dare I say retains his job because of his last name.

Not sure if Canadiens fans are the most passionate or the dumbest...the jury is still out from what I read on this board!!
By 'now' you mean 'in the summer' right? Because no-one would think it a good idea to just sack the GM a couple of weeks before the trade dealine with absolutely no plan to replace him. That would just be dumb. Or passionate, one of the two.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:29 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Keep it coming guys. I need a laugh this morning after last night's loss.

Wonder how many of the whiners have actually seen Schultz play.

Bet you they're the same lovely people who wanted Konopka and Stewart signed.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:36 AM
brokentwigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Keep it coming guys. I need a laugh this morning after last night's loss.

Wonder how many of the whiners have actually seen Schultz play.

Bet you they're the same lovely people who wanted Konopka and Stewart signed.
I hear ya....and most probably have not seen him play except on Youtube! Schultz is a middleweight at best and would not be in a good position to take on a Lucic or Chara! And White, brings lots of energy but is nowhere near a top end middleweight!

What the Habs need more than anything is to put the "francophone" debate to rest once and for all or players won't want to play there. St. Louis, Lecavalier, Richards were all from Quebec or played their junior in Quebec...none of them wanted to go to Montreal and they have all been UFA's at various points in their careers thus far. Very telling when francophones don't want anything to do with Quebec and more importantly...Montreal!

As for the 'irony" of my post...can't fathom what you are implying..LOL

brokentwigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:38 AM
brokentwigg

They also need a true heavyweight to keep things honest. I thought that they should have went after Colton Orr when he was put on waivers. Then you wouldn't need to have "ahem" Subban as your tough guy...LOL

Old
02-14-2012, 09:39 AM
gusfring

I have no problem with Schultz not playing tomorrow night. He isn't a heavyweight - but the way this was done is odd.

Called up. Interviewed by all the press and stuff and sent back down right away. Seems very odd.

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:46 AM
brokentwigg

Quote:
I hear ya....and most probably have not seen him play except on Youtube! Schultz is a middleweight at best and would not be in a good position to take on a Lucic or Chara! And White, brings lots of energy but is nowhere near a top end middleweight!

What the Habs need more than anything is to put the "francophone" debate to rest once and for all or players won't want to play there. St. Louis, Lecavalier, Richards were all from Quebec or played their junior in Quebec...none of them wanted to go to Montreal and they have all been UFA's at various points in their careers thus far. Very telling when francophones don't want anything to do with Quebec and more importantly...Montreal!

As for the 'irony" of my post...can't fathom what you are implying..LOL
That is the way business is done. Sort of the same things as calling up players from Hamilton during the AHL All-starr break and not playing them..LOL! Then sending them back effectively taking away their break.

Lost alot of respect for the Habs this season. Gauthier should have been gone long ago!!

Old
02-14-2012, 09:53 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
That is the way business is done. Sort of the same things as calling up players from Hamilton during the AHL All-starr break and not playing them..LOL! Then sending them back effectively taking away their break.

Lost alot of respect for the Habs this season. Gauthier should have been gone long ago!!
Any reason you quoted yourself?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:04 AM
brokentwigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Any reason you quoted yourself?

Mistake....but go on..rip me for it..LOL

Old
02-14-2012, 10:07 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Are people really bashing sending Schultz down? He probably was called up 'just in case', to get a practice in with the NHL team or even get a NHL paycheck for his good play in the AHL. This happens on every team.
Don't mean to disagree, but you are wrong here. Yes, often players are called and given a bonus paycheck for playing 1 NHL game for their hard work in the minors.

But they DO play in 1 game. Maybe it just means that Moen is going to play Wednesday is all.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:08 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Any reason your posts always end up with LOL?

Seb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:12 AM
brokentwigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post

Well...honestly....after watching my team for the past year....all I can say!!! There no LOL....oops..I did it again!! Wait...no I didn't!!

Old
02-14-2012, 10:14 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
He's high on life man, why you gotta bring a brotha down! LOL

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:14 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Well...honestly....after watching my team for the past year....all I can say!!! There no LOL....oops..I did it again!! Wait...no I didn't!!
You do know that Twig is spelled with one G right ? LOL

Old
02-14-2012, 10:18 AM
brokentwigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
You do know that Twig is spelled with one G right ? LOL
You spell it your way and I wil spell it mine..

Old
02-14-2012, 10:23 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Nah, wasn't trying to be a dick. Was wondering if you were happy someone agreed with you then found out it was yourself.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Andy

I was going to write a response, but then realized it wasn't worth it.

The responses and reaction to this is just so exaggerated.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:32 AM
AlexGalchenyuk94
NHL Managerial Guru

Gauthier is a joke. If there was a chance the call-up wasn't going to play, he should have called up Willsie, Henry, Engqvist, etc. Someone who has already played and gotten their chance. I've had enough of his circus, and I'm not usually one to complain. The most unprofessional GM I've ever seen.

AlexGalchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Andy

Renaud Lavoie -
Quote:
Ian Schultz lui a été rappelé par mesure préventive. C’est que dans le match de samedi, face aux Maple Leafs, Lars Eller s’est blessé à un genou et le Canadien n’a voulu prendre aucune chance.
En voyant que Eller a terminé la rencontre lundi, la direction de l’équipe a décidé de le renvoyer à Hamilton
Oh my lord, what a crime against humanity

Old
02-14-2012, 10:39 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
He's high on life man, why you gotta bring a brotha down! LOL
I need to get some of that, 60 bucks a bag sounds about right

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Skarjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Renaud Lavoie -

Oh my lord, what a crime against humanity
In interviews, it seemed like Schultz had no idea he was being called as a preventive measure. He honestly thought he was going to play, it seems. Would it have been so hard for the organization to be honest with him? Gauthier has absolutely no class, and this is more evidence of this.

This is like when he wouldn't tell Spacek who he was traded to...

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizniewski View Post
Gauthier is a joke. If there was a chance the call-up wasn't going to play, he should have called up Willsie, Henry, Engqvist, etc. Someone who has already played and gotten their chance. I've had enough of his circus, and I'm not usually one to complain. The most unprofessional GM I've ever seen.
Having said that, you probably have absolutely no idea whether or not other teams around the league dealing with injury/illness have made similar moves, do you. I'm sure if you actually poke around, you'll find that moves like this are not only fairly common around the league, but there's also a pattern of choosing players that possibly could fill in if it comes down to an emergency, but also won't be terribly missed by the AHL team they're being taken from. Players brought up for a look most often get to play. Players brought up to fill in emergency spots don't. In general, of course.

And if you think Schultz is getting a bum deal, you should check out the recalled/reassigned history of Jason Williams on the Penguins. Now true, HE ended up 8 games out of the whole deal, but I think he was recalled/reassigned after 1 day something like 6 or 7 times already this year, and at least 2 of those times he didn't even play a game before getting sent back down.

I know you don't want to hear about stuff like this, because it's easier and more fun to be mad about something for nothing, but it really, really does happen all the time around the league. And chances are you just don't understand the operational logistics/reasons behind it.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Having said that, you probably have absolutely no idea whether or not other teams around the league dealing with injury/illness have made similar moves, do you. I'm sure if you actually poke around, you'll find that moves like this are not only fairly common around the league, but there's also a pattern of choosing players that possibly could fill in if it comes down to an emergency, but also won't be terribly missed by the AHL team they're being taken from. Players brought up for a look most often get to play. Players brought up to fill in emergency spots don't. In general, of course.

And if you think Schultz is getting a bum deal, you should check out the recalled/reassigned history of Jason Williams on the Penguins. Now true, HE ended up 8 games out of the whole deal, but I think he was recalled/reassigned after 1 day something like 6 or 7 times already this year, and at least 2 of those times he didn't even play a game before getting sent back down.

I know you don't want to hear about stuff like this, because it's easier and more fun to be mad about something for nothing, but it really, really does happen all the time around the league. And chances are you just don't understand the operational logistics/reasons behind it.
Well said OJ.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:52 AM
PunkinDrublic*

So if i understand right ? PG called up Schultzy to replace Eller !

Old
02-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
So if i understand right ? PG called up Schultzy to replace Eller !
Or Maybe just bump up Gomez to Eller's spot and put Schultz on the 4th? That seems more logical and likely.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:55 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarjak View Post
In interviews, it seemed like Schultz had no idea he was being called as a preventive measure. He honestly thought he was going to play, it seems. Would it have been so hard for the organization to be honest with him? Gauthier has absolutely no class, and this is more evidence of this.

This is like when he wouldn't tell Spacek who he was traded to...
lol
cause Gauthier should've told him.
and pregame interview
I was called up cause Eller has a right knee injury and is unsure to play...

Guess what, Eller could've got magically been hit on his right knee all night longé

The player role is to be ready to play. thats it.

For Spacek trade, the trade wasnt confirmed and Kaberle would've known that he was traded by the media but not by his GM. Telling Spacek would've been classless.

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote