HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago @ Nashville - I get knocked down

Old
02-14-2012, 03:53 AM
predwings

vCash: 500
Chicago @ Nashville - I get knocked down

vs

CHI: STATS NSH:
56 GP 56
29 W 32
20 L 18
7 OT 6
65 P 70
0.580 P% 0.625
3.04 G/G 2.77
3.00 GA/G 2.59
17.4 PP% 21.8
77.5 PK% 81.4
32.3 S/G 27.8
29.4 SA/G 31.2
51.7 FO% 49.1

Projected Lines

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Brunette-Kruger-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Stalberg
Shaw-Mayers-Morrison
Frolik

Keith-Olsen
Leddy-Seabrook
O'Donnell-Lepisto
Scott

Emery

Erat-Fisher-Kostitsyn
Bourque-Legwand-Hornqvist
Smith-Tootoo-Yip
Spaling-Smithson-Wilson

Suter-Weber
Josi-Klein
Bouillon-Hillen

Rinne

Last edited by predwings: 02-14-2012 at 03:58 AM.
predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 06:42 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Time to create some separation. A regulation win keeps us #5 by a whopping 7 points! Let's do it!!!

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:12 AM
gratefulpred
Thread Killer

Come on boys, let's win this one!

That long, LONG drive home (119 miles, one way + detour for Eggners Ferry bridge) will go quicker with a win!

gratefulpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:51 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

We need this one badly. Hopefully, Suter's postgame will register and we can get a full 60. Play intense!!

Go Preds!!!

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:58 AM
Bongo

I'll be recording the game while I take my wife out to some fancy pants restaurant. Should be huge(the game not the dinner)as both teams need to win.

Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:03 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Hoping to be here during the GDT, haven't been able to see a game in quite a while.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:27 AM
sighthndlady

We're doing the Valentines pre-game dinner tonight. Very excited!

I sent this:

Dear Predators Management:

I am writing to request that you play God Bless America or America the Beautiful this evening (2/14/12) in place of the National Anthem. At the last home game against Chicago, the complete disrespect shown by the visiting fans for our Anthem, our crowd, and our traditions was embarrassing and offensive. There are published official ways to act during the playing of the Anthem, and screaming and yelling are not on the list. As the mother of a Navy Petty Officer, perhaps I am especially sensitive – but the rudeness and utter disregard for the feelings of others is unacceptable. Such behavior during what should be a solemn moment of tribute to our great nation should not be tolerated.

Mary Frances Miller

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Shea Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post

I sent this:

I am writing to request that you play God Bless America or America the Beautiful this evening (2/14/12) in place of the National Anthem. At the last home game against Chicago, the complete disrespect shown by the visiting fans for our Anthem, our crowd, and our traditions was embarrassing and offensive. There are published official ways to act during the playing of the Anthem, and screaming and yelling are not on the list. As the mother of a Navy Petty Officer, perhaps I am especially sensitive – but the rudeness and utter disregard for the feelings of others is unacceptable. Such behavior during what should be a solemn moment of tribute to our great nation should not be tolerated.

Mary Frances Miller

lol.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Shea Weber

What's up with this Halischuk scratching nonsense?

Old
02-14-2012, 10:54 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
It's bs is what it is. Scratch Smithson. Play Bourque and Hustlechuk. Trotz can really piss me off sometimes.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:55 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:

I sent this:

Mary Frances Miller
To each their own.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Bongo

There was a guy here in Atlanta who used to get upset when fans yelled Knights(homage to our minor league team that paved the way for the Thrash)during the anthem. I told him he'd have a stroke if he ever attended a game at the United Center.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:01 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I made my first ever bet with vcash. Don't let me down boys.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:20 AM
sighthndlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
There was a guy here in Atlanta who used to get upset when fans yelled Knights(homage to our minor league team that paved the way for the Thrash)during the anthem. I told him he'd have a stroke if he ever attended a game at the United Center.
If that want to do it at the United Center, that's their call. They should not do it at the Bridge

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:43 AM
ChiHawk21

Quote:
If that want to do it at the United Center, that's their call. They should not do it at the Bridge
can you explain why u think its okay at the United center but not at the bridge? I could see if you were against it all together but whats the difference between cheering for the anthem at one venue to another? because its not a nashville tradition? they arnt nashville fans

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
can you explain why u think its okay at the United center but not at the bridge? I could see if you were against it all together but whats the difference between cheering for the anthem at one venue to another? because its not a nashville tradition? they arnt nashville fans
I think he is against it period, I am against it period as well. Its a lack of respect for this nation and it bothers me just like those stupid OSU fans that go "ooooooooooooooooooo"

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Bongo

"******. A concept so little used these days you can't even find it in the dictionary!"...Borat

Old
02-14-2012, 11:53 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
I'm not a big fan of people cheering during the anthem at all. It always bothers me when people start cheering during the last line, but a lot of the time I can write it off as "well, the song SHOULD have been over 2 minutes ago".

With that said, if Chicago fans want to cheer during the entire anthem, fine. Let them... IN Chicago. Just because it's a tradition does not mean it's acceptable to carry it around to other arenas.

For instance, what if it were a tradition in Nashville for the lower bowl to throw garbage on the ice after a victory? You know, a celebration by just letting loose. No one is getting hurt. The game is over, so it won't be delayed. It's just a tradition, and the only harm done is some folks have to work a bit of overtime sweeping it up. Does that suddenly mean it's ok for Nashville fans sitting in the lower bowl of another arena to toss their garbage on the ice if the Preds win? No! It's disrespectful because it isn't their own arena.

Similarly, going to another arena and shouting "Blues" in place of "brave" in the line "home of the brave" is disrespectful. Stars fans shouting "stars!". Chicago fans cheering throughout the entire thing. Those things are perfectly fine in their respective home cities. When you visit another arena you should be respectful of that arena and those fans. You are not expected to cheer for the home team, learn the chants, and otherwise partake in our traditions, but if your own tradition is viewed as disrespectful you should shelve it for that one game.

Traditions are meant for home town crowds. You participate with your fellow fans in your shared city the way you always have.
Forcing others to be a part of your traditions is rude.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:01 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
Dear Predators, it's time to kick it into "2nd half of the season" gear.. aaand go.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:05 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
For instance, what if it were a tradition in Nashville for the lower bowl to throw garbage on the ice after a victory? You know, a celebration by just letting loose. No one is getting hurt.
I'd be pretty pissed if Detroit fans threw squid on the ice at the Bridge. I'm sure Chicago fans would be to if it happened in there, too.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:06 PM
Shea Weber

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of people cheering during the anthem at all. It always bothers me when people start cheering during the last line, but a lot of the time I can write it off as "well, the song SHOULD have been over 2 minutes ago".

With that said, if Chicago fans want to cheer during the entire anthem, fine. Let them... IN Chicago. Just because it's a tradition does not mean it's acceptable to carry it around to other arenas.
For instance, what if it were a tradition in Nashville for the lower bowl to throw garbage on the ice after a victory? You know, a celebration by just letting loose. No one is getting hurt. The game is over, so it won't be delayed. It's just a tradition, and the only harm done is some folks have to work a bit of overtime sweeping it up. Does that suddenly mean it's ok for Nashville fans sitting in the lower bowl of another arena to toss their garbage on the ice if the Preds win? No! It's disrespectful because it isn't their own arena.

Similarly, going to another arena and shouting "Blues" in place of "brave" in the line "home of the brave" is disrespectful. Stars fans shouting "stars!". Chicago fans cheering throughout the entire thing. Those things are perfectly fine in their respective home cities. When you visit another arena you should be respectful of that arena and those fans. You are not expected to cheer for the home team, learn the chants, and otherwise partake in our traditions, but if your own tradition is viewed as disrespectful you should shelve it for that one game.

Traditions are meant for home town crowds. You participate with your fellow fans in your shared city the way you always have.
Didn't CellBlock 303 travel to away games and do all the same "You Suck" cheers all game long? We're those inappropriate in other arenas as well?

I've never liked it because (and only because) they are opposing fans. But it is their tradition, they are CHEERING during the national anthem, celebrating our great country. What's the big deal?

Old
02-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Got a bad feeling about tonight. Hawks are due one and we are playing poorly. Not a good combo!

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:10 PM
preds1

vCash: 605
Quote:

Agree in whole TMI and wanted to note the last paragraph.

However, you can't teach someone to be tactful. It's either they are or they aren't, no gray areas.
The above case is self explanatory.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:24 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
I'll be recording the game while I take my wife out to some fancy pants restaurant. Should be huge(the game not the dinner)as both teams need to win.
Newlywed?? No fancy pants restaurant for me. I'm taking my wife to cozy little venue on Broadway.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:25 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
hasn't scored enough on the 4th line I guess.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote