HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[Feb. 13] Ian Schultz sent back to Hamilton

Old
02-14-2012, 09:57 AM
PunkinDrublic*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Or Maybe just bump up Gomez to Eller's spot and put Schultz on the 4th? That seems more logical and likely.
Ummm a normal GM would have replaced Eller's offensive production with another offensive player ie Avtsin etc.

Whatever, it's a moot point anyway.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarjak View Post
In interviews, it seemed like Schultz had no idea he was being called as a preventive measure. He honestly thought he was going to play, it seems. Would it have been so hard for the organization to be honest with him? Gauthier has absolutely no class, and this is more evidence of this.

This is like when he wouldn't tell Spacek who he was traded to...
Considering him and White played 3 days in a row I'm sure he knew he wasn't going to play Monday. If anything this is good motivation for him, keep working and playing hard and you'll get some time in the NHL in the near future. No one knows what they told Schultz when they called him up but its a good time to bash Gauthier and call him classless based on no actual facts.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

He would have deserved to play tommorow's game. Comon, at least one game, just to see where he's at. Don't tell me he couldn't bring something more to the table than Palushaj (who looks more and more like a career AHler) or a 7th defenceman like Crapolie on a fourth line?

Anyway...

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Ummm a normal GM would have replaced Eller's offensive production with another offensive player ie Avtsin etc.

Whatever, it's a moot point anyway.
Avstin can barely score consistently in the ahl and isn't even close to nhl ready.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
lol
cause Gauthier should've told him.
and pregame interview
I was called up cause Eller has a right knee injury and is unsure to play...

Guess what, Eller could've got magically been hit on his right knee all night longé

The player role is to be ready to play. thats it.

For Spacek trade, the trade wasnt confirmed and Kaberle would've known that he was traded by the media but not by his GM. Telling Spacek would've been classless.
Gauthier should've chirped Spacek to the media instead like Rutherford did with Kaberle, that would've been the classy way of doing things.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PunkinDrublic*

Ok Ok PG is the bast damn GM in the NHL.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
He would have deserved to play tommorow's game. Comon, at least one game, just to see where he's at. Don't tell me he couldn't bring something more to the table than Palushaj (who looks more and more like a career AHler) or a 7th defenceman like Crapolie on a fourth line?

Anyway...
At that point, isn't that a coaching decision?

Old
02-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Andy

Quote:
Ok Ok PG is the bast damn GM in the NHL.
No one said that no one at all. You go from one extreme to another.

Saying that you guys are exaggerating does not equate to saying that Gauthier is the best GM in the league.

Renaud Lavoie gave you the answer why Schultz was sent down. It had nothing to with being classy or not. A player was a game-time decision and might have not been able to play, big ****ing woop.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
At that point, isn't that a coaching decision?
Maybe. But i'm just saying that this doesn't make any sense.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:

Anyway...
Something "different"? Perhaps. Something "more", though? I'm highly, highly doubtful. Until you we Schultz actually lace up the skates in an NHL game, I submit that neither of us is really in a position to argue too strongly either way. Suffice to say that Palushaj is a better scorer, better skater, and is far more polished in all 3 zones than Schultz. IMO, of course, but I'd be curious to find out what you know if you believe differently.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:06 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarjak View Post
In interviews, it seemed like Schultz had no idea he was being called as a preventive measure. He honestly thought he was going to play, it seems. Would it have been so hard for the organization to be honest with him? Gauthier has absolutely no class, and this is more evidence of this.

This is like when he wouldn't tell Spacek who he was traded to...
That's some evidence you've assembled there, prosecutor.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Andy

Quote:
Maybe. But i'm just saying that this doesn't make any sense.
What didn't make sense? It didn't make sense before we found out from Renaud Lavoie that Eller was uncertain so Schultz was called up as a precautionary measure. Knowing this now it's clear why he was brought up and sent down given that Eller was good to go and was able to finish the game like Lavoie said.

We are really make a big deal of nothing here. And if Palushaj is in the lineup over Schultz, well then that is a coaching decision. If RC prefers Palushaj to Ak right now, I'm pretty sure he prefers him over Schultz as well.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:08 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Something "different"? Perhaps. Something "more", though? I'm highly, highly doubtful. Until you we Schultz actually lace up the skates in an NHL game, I submit that neither of us is really in a position to argue too strongly either way. Suffice to say that Palushaj is a better scorer, better skater, and is far more polished in all 3 zones than Schultz. IMO, of course, but I'd be curious to find out what you know if you believe differently.
I agree, maybe i express myself badly (English not my first language), but yeah he would bring something different than Palushaj. Something that we lack and something that we would need, espicially against Boston or Buffalo this week.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:10 AM
HaBs_ReNeGaTe

Send a message via MSN to HaBs_ReNeGaTe
Hey guys, just a safety callup. Nothing to get all upset about. If he keep playing like he does in the AHL, he'll have his chance. Don't worry.

HaBs_ReNeGaTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
What didn't make sense? It didn't make sense before we found out from Renaud Lavoie that Eller was uncertain so Schultz was called up as a precautionary measure. Knowing this now it's clear why he was brought up and sent down given that Eller was good to go and was able to finish the game like Lavoie said.

We are really make a big deal of nothing here. And if Palushaj is in the lineup over Schultz, well then that is a coaching decision. If RC prefers Palushaj to Ak right now, I'm pretty sure he prefers him over Schultz as well.
Don't make any sense, as far as i'm concerned, to play palushaj over Schultz espicially against Boston and Buffalo this week.

Everyone has their opinion.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:12 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
No one said that no one at all. You go from one extreme to another.

Saying that you guys are exaggerating does not equate to saying that Gauthier is the best GM in the league.

Renaud Lavoie gave you the answer why Schultz was sent down. It had nothing to with being classy or not. A player was a game-time decision and might have not been able to play, big ****ing woop.
Of course we know PG likes softness. Like Schultzy couldn't have played 5 strong minutes tonight in place of useles Palushaj.

I would have kept him just to smack around Gaulstad.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Andy

Quote:
Don't make any sense, as far as i'm concerned, to play palushaj over Schultz espicially against Boston and Buffalo this week.

Everyone has their opinion.
It doesn't make sense to play Palushaj over Ak, but RC does so anyway.

My beef isn't even about whether the decision was a stupid one or not, but rather with the exaggeration that calling up a player for precautionary purposes(according to Lavoie) and then sending him down is classless and gutless.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Andy

Quote:
Of course we know PG likes softness. Like Schultzy couldn't have played 5 strong minutes tonight in place of useles Palushaj.
RC is the coach and is playing Palushaj over AK. I don't see what this has to do with PG with Cunneyworth makes the decisions as to who plays.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:

I would have kept him just to smack around Gaulstad.
Schultz could have been put on the ice for 5 shifts and ended up being responsible for as many as 5 goals against, for all you know. In the end, sometimes useless is better than detrimental.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Schultz could have been put on the ice for 5 shifts and ended up being responsible for as many as 5 goals against, for all you know. In the end, sometimes useless is better than detrimental.
Please don't exagerate .

Old
02-14-2012, 10:19 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Haha ! How ironic that this could be said in the complete opposite.

But hey your right Palushaj is tearng it up out there, and besides we have superman Darche in our top 6 now. So we should be ok. PG

Old
02-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Andy

Quote:

But hey your right Palushaj is tearng it up out there, and besides we have superman Darche in our top 6 now. So we should be ok. PG
Again, Coaching decision.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:26 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Again, Coaching decision.
**** Andy its not that complicated to understand where i am going ! ITS PG THAT PROVIDES THE SOLDIERS. And well he is ****in useless at providing the proper soldiers.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:

No, I don't really think it can. Since we're talking about Schultz vs Palushaj, I don't think it's reasonable to assume that Schultz would be less "detrimental" to a team in a tight game, because he has over 100 more AHL games and 22 NHL games of experience over Schultz. Over that time, I think we've seen Palushaj on the ice for what, 2 goals against all year? Furthermore, I don't think it's reasonable to assume that Schultz would provide more offense/creativity than Palushaj. If it was, I'm sure their roles would have been reversed in the AHL by now.

So yeah, don't know where you're coming from there at all.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Andy

Quote:
**** Andy its not that complicated to understand where i am going ! ITS PG THAT PROVIDES THE SOLDIERS. And well he is ****in useless at providing the proper soldiers.
Didn't he call up White and Schultz?

If RC doesn't play them over Palushaj, well then it's the coach not the GM.

Nothing stopped Randy from playing Schultz over Palushaj yesterday. Also nothing is stopping Randy from telling the GM then Palushaj isn't ready and that he preferred Schultz. What;s next you are going to tell is Gauthier's fault Randy played Palushaj over Ak?

use your head.