HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IV

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2012, 10:18 AM
ProfessorHov

vCash: 500
If DL thinks he has a shot at Zach then he is smoking some good ****. You pass on grass but not Rck Nash

Old
02-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Face Wash

Those who don't like Nash aren't paying attention to him. The guy is a prolific goal scorer stuck in a black hole in need of a change of scenery after 9 years.

Kings must sell out for this guy. Any asset in the franchise should be on the table for him except AK, JQ & DD8. Lombardi can't use money to get prolific scorers to come to LA apparently, mainly because he won't outbid anyone because he's too cap conscious, co now he has to spend franchise assets to bring in the star player this franchise needs.

Look at the last 10 SC winners. they all had star offensive players with the exception of Boston who had Chara and Thomas and amazing depth. As Chick Hearn always said, you have to have star players to win in any sport. Kings don't have stars. Kopi and Quick aren't there yet, DD8 has a ways to go.

Nash averages 30 goals a year for his LIFE! and has done better than that many times on poor teams. He's the quickest big man in the game and he has the quickest release I've seen since Sakic. Plays big too (unlike Penner).

Kings have to do whatever it takes to bring this guy in.

Those concerned about Quick's free agency... Kings have a lot coming off the cap in 2 years, plus Quick might not wanna stay unless the Kings add a guy like Nash.

Need Nash... Sell out for the guy!

Old
02-14-2012, 10:25 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Are you guys crazy? This guy is the best player made available in a while, exactly what we're missing. Lombardi is drooooling right now and I hope Uncle Phil and Tim push for this. A leader, gold-medal winner, amazing talent. I'm pretty sure he played on a line with Mike Richards in the olympics, if I'm not mistaken.

Johnson, Bernier, Stoll, Hickey, First.

Get it done.

And for those waiting on Parise, good luck. He wants to stay in NJ and they've got cap room, I don't see him leaving at all

Old
02-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Brown, Johnson & Bernier for Nash + backup goalie?

Would that be worth it? Nash replaces Brown, Voynov replaces Johnson and the acquired backup replaces Bernier. Would Colombus take less for Nash?

Old
02-14-2012, 10:27 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
Those who don't like Nash aren't paying attention to him. The guy is a prolific goal scorer stuck in a black hole in need of a change of scenery after 9 years.

Kings must sell out for this guy. Any asset in the franchise should be on the table for him except AK, JQ & DD8. Lombardi can't use money to get prolific scorers to come to LA apparently, mainly because he won't outbid anyone because he's too cap conscious, co now he has to spend franchise assets to bring in the star player this franchise needs.

Look at the last 10 SC winners. they all had star offensive players with the exception of Boston who had Chara and Thomas and amazing depth. As Chick Hearn always said, you have to have star players to win in any sport. Kings don't have stars. Kopi and Quick aren't there yet, DD8 has a ways to go.

Nash averages 30 goals a year for his LIFE! and has done better than that many times on poor teams. He's the quickest big man in the game and he has the quickest release I've seen since Sakic. Plays big too (unlike Penner).

Kings have to do whatever it takes to bring this guy in.

Those concerned about Quick's free agency... Kings have a lot coming off the cap in 2 years, plus Quick might not wanna stay unless the Kings add a guy like Nash.

Need Nash... Sell out for the guy!
YESSS!! Thank you!

This guy has endured horrendous seasons with Columbus, making the playoffs once! He's a true leader and a great player, any other ass hole would've asked for a trade a while ago, but he's loyal. At least someone is loyal in that city, *cough*lebron*cough*. Anyways, back to my point, this is not someone you pass up on and I know Lombardi is on the phone right now, as we speak. Before the Mike Richards trade, I would've said there's no way Lombardi does this, but now that I know he's not shy on pulling big trades, I can definitely see this happening

Old
02-14-2012, 10:28 AM
cheap77
Go Kings!

I would love to see Dean bring Nash to LA. I have been saying it for awhile and I stand by it.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:30 AM
SFKingshomer

Nash will be a monumental mistake, especially at the cost of Johnson+. The guy will probably score 25 goals with the Kings all while eating up nearly 8 million. Just say no!

Old
02-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Are you guys crazy? This guy is the best player made available in a while, exactly what we're missing. Lombardi is drooooling right now and I hope Uncle Phil and Tim push for this. A leader, gold-medal winner, amazing talent. I'm pretty sure he played on a line with Mike Richards in the olympics, if I'm not mistaken.

Johnson, Bernier, Stoll, Hickey, First.
Get it done.

And for those waiting on Parise, good luck. He wants to stay in NJ and they've got cap room, I don't see him leaving at all
Who replaces Nash on the Colombus roster? I can't imagine them not getting a top 6 forward in return.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:32 AM
SFKingshomer

Not sold on Voynov being able to replace JJ. You cant teach size and strength down low covering the front of the net.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:40 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Nash will be a monumental mistake, especially at the cost of Johnson+. The guy will probably score 25 goals with the Kings all while eating up nearly 8 million. Just say no!
On a defense first team, Jack Johnson is it's only defensive liability. Highest +/- on the team, on pace for 35 points which for what he makes is low. Hasn't made an impact on the PP this year. I'd trade him in a heartbeat to get a bonafide future NHL HOFer.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:41 AM
SuperAlmeida

Look at what San Jose did, they traded for Thornton and it has been one of their best trades ever!

Old
02-14-2012, 10:41 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
On a defense first team, Jack Johnson is it's only defensive liability. Highest +/- on the team, on pace for 35 points which for what he makes is low. I'd trade him in a heartbeat to get a bonafide future NHL HOFer.
Do you really consider Nash to be a bonafide future HOFer?

Old
02-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Dave33
Still smiling

Would love the Kings to pick up Nash, but not at the cost of Brown, Bernier and JJ. That just depletes the team too much, imo. I could see one roster player in addition to Bernier, but beyond that, I'd hope prospects and picks fill out the offer. I just don't see it happening, because DL won't be willing to match CBus' large demand.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:42 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
On a defense first team, Jack Johnson is it's only defensive liability. Highest +/- on the team, on pace for 35 points which for what he makes is low. I'd trade him in a heartbeat to get a bonafide future NHL HOFer.
Since when?

Old
02-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Not sold on Voynov being able to replace JJ. You cant teach size and strength down low covering the front of the net.
You mean like on the first goal DAL scored the other night when Jack couldn't even fight off Loui Ericcson? Jack's a good player, good skater, good stick handler, but not a great player...I think you like him a bit too much.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Do you really consider Nash to be a bonafide future HOFer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Since when?
If the guy gets to 500 goals he sure as hell will be. more than halfway there, 27 years old. Man you people....not looking at this objectively AT ALL!!!

Old
02-14-2012, 10:50 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
You mean like on the first goal DAL scored the other night when Jack couldn't even fight off Loui Ericcson? Jack's a good player, good skater, good stick handler, but not a great player...I think you like him a bit too much.
You mean the goal where Ericcson was behind him and the puck went off of Jacks skate and went right to him?

Quote:
If the guy gets to 500 goals he sure as hell will be. more than halfway there, 27 years old. Man you people....not looking at this objectively AT ALL!!!
I am looking at it objectively. I see a lot of hype but not a lot of substance. Sures hes shown to be a great goal scorer a few times but beyond that what is there? Hes not a guy whos going to make his teammates better. Hes a guy that needs a star on his line to help him get his stats. And theres no guarantee hes would come in here and produce at a rate higher than hes shown. Im looking at all the factors involved. His contract, his production and the cost of trading for him.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:55 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

I'm all for getting Rick Nash. He is just an awesome hockey player. Big, fast, and can score! Could you imagine Kopitar and Nash cycling the puck on you? GTFO. Your team is done!

His cap hit doesn't really scare me that much. We have the space. You can pretty much bank on Penner and Stoll be replaced by young guys and let's be honest to get a prolific offensive player in the free agent market is gonna coast you AT LEAST a 7.0 cap hit. Especially to get them out west. So a 7.8 for Rick Nash isn't that scary.

Trading for Nash is gonna cost you though. It'll take Bernier,a top prospect (+ maybe a pick) and major current roster player, likely offensive (Brown?) as all our top prospects are defensemen and goaltenders and Columbus will want some sorta of offensive return for Nash.

I think a deal could land Nash and Sanford would be Brown, Bernier, Martinez,(draft pick?)

That be a upgrade over Brown but would still need to do something about the LW, but it easier to replace Brown's skill set then find someone of Nash's ability's

Last edited by CTKingsFan: 02-14-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old
02-14-2012, 10:56 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Look at what San Jose did, they traded for Thornton and it has been one of their best trades ever!
and look who made that deal..... Lombardi.... I mean Wilson

Last edited by CTKingsFan: 02-14-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old
02-14-2012, 10:58 AM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
and look who made that deal..... Lombardi
Doug Wilson made that deal

Old
02-14-2012, 10:59 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
That wasnt Lombardi, it was Doug Wilson

Old
02-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Martyros

Quote:
Huh? Lombardi was with the flyers organization during that time...

Old
02-14-2012, 11:00 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Really?!?!? I thought Lombardi did that.

My bad.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:03 AM
SFKingshomer

Dont really want either but prefer Carter

Old
02-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

I want Rick Nash to be a King so bad. I just hope there is a way to get him without giving up Brown. We need to add to our wingers.

How much more on top of Johnson, Bernier, and a 1st would CBJ want?

Closed Thread