HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

My trade proposal - Recchi

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2006, 07:14 AM
GaineysRightHandMan

vCash: 500
My trade proposal - Recchi

Hey guys, I thought this weekend that we could make a trade to get Recchi since he is available. Recchi - Koivu - Kovalev line would be awesome. Koivu plays sooo well with both of them.

I propose we send Huet over since they need a goalie to prevent Fluery from reaching his bonus money. Caron is not working out for sure. We can have Danis as a backup.

Old
01-16-2006, 07:16 AM
Chehabi

Send a message via AIM to Chehabi
Recchi is 37. He's not the same player we had a few years ago. Also I really don't think Recchi liked it here. The numbers he posted in Montreal were a lot lower that those he posted on his other teams. He wants to play near Pittsburgh/Philly because that's where his wife is from or something.

Old
01-16-2006, 07:18 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaineysRightHandMan
Hey guys, I thought this weekend that we could make a trade to get Recchi since he is available. Recchi - Koivu - Kovalev line would be awesome. Koivu plays sooo well with both of them.

I propose we send Huet over since they need a goalie to prevent Fluery from reaching his bonus money. Caron is not working out for sure. We can have Danis as a backup.
Recchi's career is almost over. Plus, his numbers this season are far from impressive on an offensive oriented team. Imagine on the habs...

Old
01-16-2006, 07:43 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Adding a guy like Recchi could never hurt a team. But I guess it basically depends on his contract and the asking price. He could be a FA after this year if his option isn't picked up. And I don't think we could continue paying him $2.28M next year. So basically, this would be a playoff rental type of acquisition. As such, it would be dependent on:

a) the Habs being in a playoff spot at the deadline
b) the Pens being willing to part with him ("they say" he's buds with Mario, so maybe untouchable)
c) getting him for practically nothing (not sure yet if Huet's value is low enough or not)

But then, even if those conditions are met, it is almost assured that there will be other teams in contention who will probably be better positioned to bid more for his services as a rentaplayer than we should be.

So as much as I would love to see Recchi back with the Habs, I just can't see it as a practical possibility.

Old
01-16-2006, 07:49 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:

I'd take the recchi or 3-4 years ago in as heartbeat. However, as it has been said by other posters, his best years are behind him.

I'm quite sure that the Habs could get a better calibre forward at the deadline (and hopefully a little younger).

I say we keep Huet. He's shown thus far that he's a dependable back up for us (although some would debate the term backup) and I think we could upgrade our forward corp at the deadline for pics and prospects without losing any integral part of our lineup.

Old
01-16-2006, 07:58 AM
ti-vite

There will be / are better rentals for sure.

Old
01-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Screw Recchi,let's take Malone instead!Much cheaper and can problably do a better job in the future then Recchi.He is finished and so is Leclair!

Old
01-16-2006, 09:32 AM
Joe Cole

Forget Reechi. Bring back Brian Bellows!

Old
01-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
I had a dream that Montreal traded Zednik and somehow got Yzerman and Rob Blake in return. It was weird.

Old
01-16-2006, 10:42 AM
Habruti!

I would not tough Recchi with a 10ft pole with his combination of slary/age/size and speed. I would rather see MTL trade for some additional size/speed/youth. I think that the Murray trade was a very good one and we got ourselves a leditimit 4th line in Murray-Begin-Sundstrom (although I would rather see Ferland or Kostsitsyn there).

If we are to trade I would like someone that can still add a little agressivity on this team. This is why I like the trade talks for Bell, I think he would fit very well with our team. Perhaps a package of a healthy working is but under the reign of the GM Ribeiro and a top quality prospect (ala Kostsitsyn or Perezhogin) would do...

Old
01-16-2006, 10:45 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45
I had a dream that Montreal traded Zednik and somehow got Yzerman and Rob Blake in return. It was weird.

Gotta lay off that pizza and 100% before bed

Old
01-16-2006, 10:47 AM
Catala

Send a message via MSN to Catala
Quote:

we have a lot of changes to make, but Huet for Recchi isn't one of them.

Old
01-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Darz

I would assume if Pittsburgh was to trade Recchi, they would want a young prospect or a good draft pick (2nd rounder at least) in return.

Also playoff bound teams always overpay when it comes down to deadline time for guys like Recchi.

01-16-2006, 11:27 AM
Jag68Sid87

Recchi is settled in with the Penguins and in the city of Pittsburgh. The team has already said they will only trade him if HE requests it. So, I doubt he's going anywhere.

And, the Pens already have 2 mediocre backups behind Fleury, they don't need a third.

Old
01-16-2006, 12:15 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz
Gotta lay off that pizza and 100% before bed
well, i made myself bacon and eggs at like 1:30 in the morning...

Old
01-16-2006, 12:22 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Vlady27
Recchi is settled in with the Penguins and in the city of Pittsburgh. The team has already said they will only trade him if HE requests it. So, I doubt he's going anywhere.

And, the Pens already have 2 mediocre backups behind Fleury, they don't need a third.
Maybe he wants to make the playoffs one last time?
Anyways Huet is way too much, that would make the Garon trade look horribler.

Old
01-16-2006, 01:02 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45
well, i made myself bacon and eggs at like 1:30 in the morning...

Touchay

Closed Thread