HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/14 | Boston Bruins vs. New York Rangers: No Love Lost Edition | 7pm | NESN(HD)98.5

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2012, 10:54 AM
  #51
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs
 
Bruinsfan_37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
their mistake if they go after ference... This might be a good thing
Agreed, they come here with that mentality they are getting their ass kicked physically and on the scoreboard

Bruinsfan_37 is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 10:59 AM
  #52
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 25,835
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Romantical is the word I use when poking fun at romance

Traditional romance makes me uncomfortable. Faced with a situation that involved rose petals and candle light, I would probably burst out laughing. Hence, romantical.
The funny thing most of US knew what it meant.

I really hope the B's bring their "A" game tonight.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO

__________________
It's going to be a long Summer.
Ladyfan is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:00 AM
  #53
Scotto74
Moderator
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,372
vCash: 50
I know I am asking a lot but I want a 6 pack. I had a dream last night that the Bruins won 10 - 0 so I would settle for 6.

I just want to light up Lundqvist and prove he is human.

__________________
Love the city, hate the Hab™


BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:03 AM
  #54
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 8,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
I know I am asking a lot but I want a 6 pack. I had a dream last night that the Bruins won 10 - 0 so I would settle for 6.

I just want to light up Lundqvist and prove he is human.
Lunqvist loves to play deep in his net so he's more vulnerable to the point shot. Of course, the team in front of him excels at taking that away.

Dogberry is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:05 AM
  #55
Danny Woodhead
Registered User
 
Danny Woodhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
Rangers-Bruins games used to bore me. They were always 2-1 games with little-to-no real animosity. My, how things have changed. I'd say my four favorite matchups are Bruins-Canucks, Rangers-Flyers, Flyers-Bruins, and Bruins-Rangers.

This is going to sound like a dig at Julien, but I intend it to be more of a reflection on Lucic and Tortorella...I submit that if Torts was the coach of Looch, he would be the most feared player in the league, bar-none.

Danny Woodhead is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:06 AM
  #56
bruinsfan1970
Global Moderator
B's R always Champs!
 
bruinsfan1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Laconia,N.H.
Country: United States
Posts: 3,259
vCash: 500
Hoping tonight is the night,I am saying 6-2 Bruins

__________________
The Boston Bruins 2010-2011 Stanley Cup Champions
bruinsfan1970 is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:18 AM
  #57
Chrissernnn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 42
vCash: 500
Pens fan here - good luck today guys! Time to get some pucks behind Lundqvist

Chrissernnn is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:21 AM
  #58
Waltah*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,030
vCash: 500
please win, one of my new co-workers is a huge rags fan

Waltah* is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:24 AM
  #59
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Woodhead View Post
Rangers-Bruins games used to bore me. They were always 2-1 games with little-to-no real animosity. My, how things have changed. I'd say my four favorite matchups are Bruins-Canucks, Rangers-Flyers, Flyers-Bruins, and Bruins-Rangers.

This is going to sound like a dig at Julien, but I intend it to be more of a reflection on Lucic and Tortorella...I submit that if Torts was the coach of Looch, he would be the most feared player in the league, bar-none.
I'd bet that Lucic wouldn't be on the Rangers, because he would have punched Tortorella in the nose after about 20 games.

Artemis is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:28 AM
  #60
Zdeno33Lucic
Registered User
 
Zdeno33Lucic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In The Cup
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,888
vCash: 4114
timmy first off the ice, so im guessing rask tomorrow vs montreal

Zdeno33Lucic is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:34 AM
  #61
surf
Wheres the Reggae?
 
surf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: sea bright nj
Country: United States
Posts: 1,395
vCash: 500
Rangers fan here..No way they go after Ferrence..Not in their DNA..Torts wouldn't allow it..Sad but true...Hoping for a few good goes tho..

surf is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:39 AM
  #62
TMac21
Retooled for 2014
 
TMac21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,856
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Going to be a tough one tonight, would like to see Seguin step up with a big game.

TMac21 is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:42 AM
  #63
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 8,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Romantical is the word I use when poking fun at romance

Traditional romance makes me uncomfortable. Faced with a situation that involved rose petals and candle light, I would probably burst out laughing. Hence, romantical.
Bugs Bunny used to say "romantical" all the time. Bugs was The King. Some people think Elvis was The King, but those people are wrong. There are even some people who think Henrik Lundqvist is the King... those people are also wrong.

Ference hit on McDonagh was irresponsible and reckless but not malicious, I'm pretty sure it's over.

Dogberry is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:43 AM
  #64
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad
 
Boston BROin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
I'm in a horrendous mood. I want blood. An absolute massacre tonight. I want the Bruins to stick the knife into the Rangers on the scoreboard, twist and keep turning until the the final horn blows.

Until then, I'm at work listening to angry music. Specifically, All Shall Perish - Hate.Malice.Revenge

Boston BROin is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:47 AM
  #65
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
flowers off to the womans job... Making dinner tonight, and my wonderful mom is taking my daughter out tonight...

Now how to get rid of the wife

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:50 AM
  #66
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs
 
Bruinsfan_37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston BROin View Post
I'm in a horrendous mood. I want blood. An absolute massacre tonight. I want the Bruins to stick the knife into the Rangers on the scoreboard, twist and keep turning until the the final horn blows.

Until then, I'm at work listening to angry music. Specifically, All Shall Perish - Hate.Malice.Revenge
Glad I'm not your co-worker

Bruinsfan_37 is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:55 AM
  #67
NastyNate17
Registered User
 
NastyNate17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Sam Houston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBruin View Post
Bugs Bunny used to say "romantical" all the time. Bugs was The King. Some people think Elvis was The King, but those people are wrong. There are even some people who think Henrik Lundqvist is the King... those people are also wrong.

Ference hit on McDonagh was irresponsible and reckless but not malicious, I'm pretty sure it's over.
HAHA This made my day!

NastyNate17 is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:56 AM
  #68
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBruin View Post
Bugs Bunny used to say "romantical" all the time. Bugs was The King. Some people think Elvis was The King, but those people are wrong. There are even some people who think Henrik Lundqvist is the King... those people are also wrong.

Ference hit on McDonagh was irresponsible and reckless but not malicious, I'm pretty sure it's over.
Good point on Bugs Bunny.

Amd re: the Ference hit...I'm in agreement that it was irresponsible but not malicious, but I still think there will be a "fight" or someone will go after him, and it will be the equivalent of a pissing contest tonight. Only then will it be over.

Kate08 is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:01 PM
  #70
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
Go 's!!

Big 4 point swing game tonight!

Ordinarily i'd say seeding won't matter much but not with these guys. I'd like to have a potential game 7 at home against them if it were to come to that.

Lose in reg and that 1st seed is pretty much out of reach since the remaining games with them will be in MSG. Win in reg and it's still up for grabs.

Who's kidding who though, we're entering that part of the season where every big game turns out to be a 3 pointer.
The Rangers have a very good home record, but it's not dominant by any means. If you guys lose tonight, that doesn't mean that you can't tie the series in NY. We actually got swept by the Senators and Leafs at the garden, but have won a game each in Toronto and Ottawa. Also, don't really think it'll matter THAT much which team is a home team in a game 7 scenario, both teams are very good road teams (Bruins are 8 games over .500 and the Rangers are 11).

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:03 PM
  #71
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86
 
Guiledoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Bing, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston BROin View Post
Until then, I'm at work listening to angry music. Specifically, All Shall Perish - Hate.Malice.Revenge
Great album.

Guiledoom is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:22 PM
  #72
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
The Rangers have a very good home record, but it's not dominant by any means. If you guys lose tonight, that doesn't mean that you can't tie the series in NY. We actually got swept by the Senators and Leafs at the garden, but have won a game each in Toronto and Ottawa. Also, don't really think it'll matter THAT much which team is a home team in a game 7 scenario, both teams are very good road teams (Bruins are 8 games over .500 and the Rangers are 11).
it's all about matchups snowblind. The Rags have been a bad matchup for us post lockout. Granted HL is a big reason for it. Look at the Canes. They own us!

I was happy that the seeds last year fell the way they fell and we got the scabs in the 1st round and skipped your boys. Remember that game the last week of the season when the B's blew a 3 goal lead? Pretty typical result between these 2 lately. I'd rather not have to face this matchup in the playoffs, but if destiny demands it then i'd really REALLY like to have home ice.

Pie O My is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:31 PM
  #73
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve
 
Homeland Security's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY/FL
Country: United States
Posts: 14,389
vCash: 500
Go get em tonight!! Beat them hard, 5-1 Bruins.

__________________
Homeland Security is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:33 PM
  #74
Morris Wanchuk
.......
 
Morris Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: War Memorial Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 14,845
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Class tonight..lame

Go B's!

Morris Wanchuk is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:52 PM
  #75
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
it's all about matchups snowblind. The Rags have been a bad matchup for us post lockout. Granted HL is a big reason for it. Look at the Canes. They own us!

I was happy that the seeds last year fell the way they fell and we got the scabs in the 1st round and skipped your boys. Remember that game the last week of the season when the B's blew a 3 goal lead? Pretty typical result between these 2 lately. I'd rather not have to face this matchup in the playoffs, but if destiny demands it then i'd really REALLY like to have home ice.
I can't remember any other game where either the Rangers or Bruins blew a 3 goal lead in this series since the lockout. I also can't remember any that was that high scoring. So I'm not sure how that was a typical result, outside of the Rangers winning. Most games are 3-2 at the most, with a million 1-0 games mixed in.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.