Bouma - Cammy - Comeau
Byron - Horak - Kolanos
Kostop - Stajan - Jackman

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 07:21 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
I can't believe Sutter is putting cammy at center over moving Stajan to the second line. It looks like Stajan would need a Gagner like night to move off the fourth line.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 07:34 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I can't believe Sutter is putting cammy at center over moving Stajan to the second line. It looks like Stajan would need a Gagner like night to move off the fourth line.
What would that look like?

Tangs - Jokinen - Iggy
Cammy - Stajan - Comeau
Bouma - Horak - Kolanos
Kostop - Byron - Jackman

That would have a pass first player between two shooters like Comeau & Cammy, while keeping our AHL line together. And hopefully we'd be better in the circle on a scoring line.

Old
02-13-2012, 07:50 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
What would that look like?

Tangs - Jokinen - Iggy
Cammy - Stajan - Comeau
Bouma - Horak - Kolanos
Kostop - Byron - Jackman

That would have a pass first player between two shooters like Comeau & Cammy, while keeping our AHL line together. And hopefully we'd be better in the circle on a scoring line.
I would like:
Tangs- Jokinen - Iggy
Cammy - Stajan - Bouma
Byron- Horak - Comeau
Kostop - Kolanos - Jackman

I think this gives us two scoring lines and Comeau can help out the two younger players.

Old
02-13-2012, 08:02 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Quote:
I would like:
Tangs- Jokinen - Iggy
Cammy - Stajan - Bouma
Byron- Horak - Comeau
Kostop - Kolanos - Jackman

I think this gives us two scoring lines and Comeau can help out the two younger players.
Yeah that's good. I think Kolanos is suited for more a checking role.

Old
02-13-2012, 08:10 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Yeah that's good. I think Kolanos is suited for more a checking role.
Honestly the bottom two lines can be mixed up and way to help the rookies but we need two scoring lines in order to stand a chance in the next few weeks.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:02 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

vCash: 500
Quote:
Yes, his one goal in the past calendar year makes a real strong case for him as a top 6 forward...

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 03:05 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Yes, his one goal in the past calendar year makes a real strong case for him as a top 6 forward...
His play has. He's been very solid the last few weeks, he needs a shot with someone other than Kostop and Jackman.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:32 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
His play has. He's been very solid the last few weeks, he needs a shot with someone other than Kostop and Jackman.
Oh brother. He hasn't scored, he doesn't hit and he plays against 4th lines. What has he done that warrants a shot? Please don't talk about how he's been trying harder... Show me some results. I have zero interest in watching Stajan get thoroughly dominated by the top 2 lines of the opposition and watching plays die on his stick. The reason he's looked OK lately is because he belongs on the 4th line playing against other 4th liners where he doesn't hurt you.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:57 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Oh brother. He hasn't scored, he doesn't hit and he plays against 4th lines. What has he done that warrants a shot? Please don't talk about how he's been trying harder... Show me some results. I have zero interest in watching Stajan get thoroughly dominated by the top 2 lines of the opposition and watching plays die on his stick. The reason he's looked OK lately is because he belongs on the 4th line playing against other 4th liners where he doesn't hurt you.
first of all he is a playmaker and doesn't score that much to begin with he likes to pass if only there was someone like Cammy on the second line that was shoot first.
Stajan has been great either your bitter about losing Dion for him and aren't giving him a fair shot or you haven't been watching him. He has been great on the forecheck and has made some really good plays only to have TKO or Jackman miss a half open net. He has been our second best center this year by that I mean great work and really setting up other guys but he isn't being given a fair chance.

Old
02-14-2012, 12:08 PM
TheHudlinator

Well its worse than I thought TKO is on the second line this going to be one hell of a low scoring game.

Old
02-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Stajan never did anything to hurt us when he was playing in our top 6, he just didn't do anything to stand out. Regardless, due to the injuries we've had I think he deserves a shot on the 2nd for at least a game or 2.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
first of all he is a playmaker and doesn't score that much to begin with he likes to pass if only there was someone like Cammy on the second line that was shoot first.
Stajan has been great either your bitter about losing Dion for him and aren't giving him a fair shot or you haven't been watching him. He has been great on the forecheck and has made some really good plays only to have TKO or Jackman miss a half open net. He has been our second best center this year by that I mean great work and really setting up other guys but he isn't being given a fair chance.
Or I have a different opinion while watching the same game... He's done a good job getting in on the forecheck, although he loses the battle when he does get in. He has 5 assists this year. Less than noted playmakers like Hannan and Jackman... He has been nowhere near our 2nd best center this year. There is a reason he's 5th in center TOI. Jokinen, Jones, Backlund and Horak have all been better. Stajan sees sheltered minutes against the worst competition and still can't score and still has a junk +/-.

Old
02-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Well its worse than I thought TKO is on the second line this going to be one hell of a low scoring game.
They had chemistry on LA's farm affiliate and they are friends, I think Sutter is playing a hunch. We'll see how the experiement works out, Kosto has been known to score some clutch goals in his career.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:26 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Or I have a different opinion while watching the same game... He's done a good job getting in on the forecheck, although he loses the battle when he does get in. He has 5 assists this year. Less than noted playmakers like Hannan and Jackman... He has been nowhere near our 2nd best center this year. There is a reason he's 5th in center TOI. Jokinen, Jones, Backlund and Horak have all been better. Stajan sees sheltered minutes against the worst competition and still can't score and still has a junk +/-.
Horak got sent to the heat because he couldn't play consistently better than stajan jones was better I agree but seeing as he only played about 10 games better it didn't count him also the reason Stajan has so few points compaired to Hannan and Jackman is he missed 20 games. Stajan is a much better offensive play than Tko and should be on the 2nd line to try and help us maximize our 2 scoring lines.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:00 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
They had chemistry on LA's farm affiliate and they are friends, I think Sutter is playing a hunch. We'll see how the experiement works out, Kosto has been known to score some clutch goals in his career.
That's all nice and dandy, but TKO is a 4th liner. Stajan should be on that second line between Comeau and Cammy.

If we don't have at least 2 lines scoring we won't make the playoffs.

Last edited by flameaholic: 02-14-2012 at 01:10 PM.
flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Horak got sent to the heat because he couldn't play consistently better than stajan jones was better I agree but seeing as he only played about 10 games better it didn't count him also the reason Stajan has so few points compaired to Hannan and Jackman is he missed 20 games. Stajan is a much better offensive play than Tko and should be on the 2nd line to try and help us maximize our 2 scoring lines.
No he got sent to the Heat because he has a 2 way deal. He plays more minutes and more key situations than Stajan when he's up here. That means the coaching staff thinks he's a better player.

Secondly, the reason he missed those games is because he was not good enough to play for us when we are healthy.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:40 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
That's all nice and dandy, but TKO is a 4th liner. Stajan should be on that second line between Comeau and Cammy.

If we don't have at least 2 lines scoring we won't make the playoffs.
Seriously, what's with everyone sprouting one for Stajan all of a sudden? I'd be much happier with either Byron or Horak centering that line. Both rookies have shown more offensively and defensively than Stajan has.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:44 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Seriously, what's with everyone sprouting one for Stajan all of a sudden? I'd be much happier with either Byron or Horak centering that line. Both rookies have shown more offensively and defensively than Stajan has.
This simply isn't true and why I believe you are upset with losing dion for stajan.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:49 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Stajan never did anything to hurt us when he was playing in our top 6, he just didn't do anything to stand out. Regardless, due to the injuries we've had I think he deserves a shot on the 2nd for at least a game or 2.
I disagree, when you are playing top 6 you are expected to put up points with that ice time, if you don't you are hurting the team.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

That lineup makes me die on the inside.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:53 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I disagree, when you are playing top 6 you are expected to put up points with that ice time, if you don't you are hurting the team.
He played bad after we first got him then the next season only got 20 or so games and he was the best player on the top line after that we was on 3/4 line.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:55 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
He played bad after we first got him then the next season only got 20 or so games and he was the best player on the top line after that we was on 3/4 line.
I would disagree with that as well, I will say that he is being wasted on the 4th line night after night though. I think trying him out with Cammy-Stajan-Comeau might be a decent line, if a little undersized.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 0
Quote:
Frankly, neither one of those guys can win a faceoff to save their lives and are inconsistent defensively. I'd rather have Stajan and his near 50% in the dot and solid defensively - and if he's put with a couple of offensive talents he can find his 50 point form again.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote