HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ladouceur having a hard time with Gomez during today's practice

Old
02-14-2012, 12:38 PM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Much thanks to those who took the time to translate.

Really appreciated.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Haaabs

AK was never really given a shot yesterday. He played around 3 minutes in the first since he doesn't play the PK. Then he got benched for his performance during those 3 minutes.

Also, lets not forget that for a while the Moen-Eller-AK line was arguably our 1B line (If the DD line is 1A). I don't understand why RC didn't try to give the Eller line a few shifts with AK instead of Palushaj.

Haaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:40 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Much thanks to those who took the time to translate.

Really appreciated.
Just a reminder to others like WTK who like to have translations done, a 'please' and 'thank you' goes a long way.

And to those who can do translations, if you have the time, it would be greatly appreciated if you did. I'll try to do more in the future.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:42 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Amazing. They are trying to light a fire under gomez's ass. I think it's what they wanna do, make him angry. Assuming i'm right, it's good coaching.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:43 PM
SNM87
Habby Habitants

If I was coaching an overpaid slug I would give him a piece of my mind when he deserves it too.

SNM87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Batali Crocs*

seems like ladouceur is always in the middle of these things lately....hmmm.....I wonder who the problem is....

Batali Crocs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:48 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batali Crocs View Post
seems like ladouceur is always in the middle of these things lately....hmmm.....I wonder who the problem is....
And subban has played well lately. We can point at the assistant coach but maybe he's trying to motivate and set them on right path.

Old
02-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Amazing. They are trying to light a fire under gomez's ass. I think it's what they wanna do, make him angry. Assuming i'm right, it's good coaching.
Or maybe they are trying to piss him off so he justs packs it up and leaves! AHH one can always dream

Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Beendair Donedat

Someone has to be the bad guy and hurt a players feelings. Truth hurts sometimes, Subban deserved a blast and lord knows Blowmez has had one coming for awhile.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:49 PM
TheWhiteIdea

Package Ak and his tag along Gomer to anyone for anything....

TheWhiteIdea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Protest the Hero

Finally some drama, things were going too well around here.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Batali Crocs*

Quote:
And subban has played well lately. We can point at the assistant coach but maybe he's trying to motivate and set them on right path.
If yelling is his only motivational tactic, it's going to get old and fast. Looks like he's already having players tune him out.

Batali Crocs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:54 PM
ClasslessGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteIdea View Post
That's a nice 10m package

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:54 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batali Crocs View Post
If yelling is his only motivational tactic, it's going to get old and fast. Looks like he's already having players tune him out.
Again, subban had some great games lately. Very sharp and engaged. Do we pretend it didnt work?

Old
02-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Kriss E

I thought assistant coaches were supposed to be the good guys?

Be interesting to know what this was about. But I really don't like how they're dumping on AK, completely unwarranted imo.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:57 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteIdea View Post
Add Kaberle to this precious package, maybe ???

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:58 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
RC said that he didn't like the match-ups with Gomez and AK.. which is weird because he was the one who could match lines since he was at home.
RC really needs to match up lines against a power house like Carolina.

Darche against the Staal line - check. After that, does it really matter if Palushaj and Leblanc aren't on the ice againt Tlusty?

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Andy

Habs find brotherly love for Gomez
Posted By: Rick Moffat rmoffat@cjad.astral.com 2/14/2012 12:36:00 PM

Quote:
Ryan White hopes to make his season debut on the wing for Scott Gomez. Lars Eller hopes 2 small gestures prove he's a loyal wingman for the Canadiens veteran as well.

White is confirmed to play his first game of the season against Boston Wednesday, even though Coach Cunneyworth is NOT confirming Gomez in the lineup. White was on the 4th line with Gomez and Andrei Kostitsyn during drills interupted by the hollering of assistant Randy Ladouceur and Gomez's attempts to either explain his case or take issue with the yelling.

Lars Eller skated over to Gomez and gave a supportive tap of the stick after putting an arm around his teammate.

Soft-spoken Tomas Plekanec tried to downplay the incident, but Eller's emotion cuts through and perhaps closer to how the team is feeling.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:04 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
RC said that he didn't like the match-ups with Gomez and AK.. which is weird because he was the one who could match lines since he was at home.
Interesting. I think this helps illustrate the difference between the two coaches.

Last game against Carolina was the one Gomez was hurt in. But it was also interesting because it was one where Martin made one of his trademark in-game adjustments that he never does. He noted Staal was shredding the team and switched the matchup so that Gomez would face him, and Gomez completely blanketed Staal until he had to leave the game.

Last night, Gomez played 9 minutes and stayed mostly on the bench, watching Staal shred the team.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:05 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Again, subban had some great games lately. Very sharp and engaged. Do we pretend it didnt work?
If we wanted to pretend it did, we'd need to pretend that Subban was bad before.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
I really don't think it had anything to do with it. You're talking about an event that happened more than 3weeks ago.
I said it all year long, PK has played well. I don't think he's been nearly as bad as some were trying to make it seem. I think he's benefited from playing a little less and the All-Star break probably gave him a much needed rest. But outside his offensive production, he's been good defensively all year. Sure, he made certain mistakes, and that's normal given his utilization, but he's been solid all year.

So I strongly doubt whatever Ladouceur told him changed anything.

And I strongly doubt it'll change anything with Gomez. I'm not a believer of this technique. Also, isn't Gomez a well liked teammate?? We all saw the reaction from them after he scored. Not sure it's the smartest move.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:08 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
If we wanted to pretend it did, we'd need to pretend that Subban was bad before.
Subban is and was fine but there were some lack of efforts and lack of focus at times. Great play followed with a turnover. It's under the microscope because it's PK, but watching him yesterday he was very solid IMO. Much more than the night ladouceur spoke to him.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:10 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I really don't think it had anything to do with it. You're talking about an event that happened more than 3weeks ago.
I said it all year long, PK has played well. I don't think he's been nearly as bad as some were trying to make it seem. I think he's benefited from playing a little less and the All-Star break probably gave him a much needed rest. But outside his offensive production, he's been good defensively all year. Sure, he made certain mistakes, and that's normal given his utilization, but he's been solid all year.

So I strongly doubt whatever Ladouceur told him changed anything.
You can make a case that the break helped him. It's a good argument, but at same time, we can't 100% exclude the possibility that ladouceur's tactics worked.

Old
Zorba

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Interesting. I think this helps illustrate the difference between the two coaches.

Last game against Carolina was the one Gomez was hurt in. But it was also interesting because it was one where Martin made one of his trademark in-game adjustments that he never does. He noted Staal was shredding the team and switched the matchup so that Gomez would face him, and Gomez completely blanketed Staal until he had to leave the game.

Last night, Gomez played 9 minutes and stayed mostly on the bench, watching Staal shred the team.
Theres the reason the habs lost. I lost sleep over it. Ridiculous! Please stop putting any significant value on Gomez. The man is awful in all aspects on the ice.

Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MathMan

Quote:
Subban is and was fine but there were some lack of efforts and lack of focus at times. Great play followed with a turnover. It's under the microscope because it's PK, but watching him yesterday he was very solid IMO. Much more than the night ladouceur spoke to him.
PK's gonna have good games and bad games -- well, since it's PK, it's usually great games and good games, but still. PK was under the microscope because his mistakes ended up in the back of the net, not because he was bad or lacked focus or whatever. Price has been hot behind him lately (like he often is), so his mistakes don't end up in the back of the net.

Apparently it's Andrei K's turn instead.