HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could the Flyers be interested in Nash?

Old
02-14-2012, 12:34 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

vCash: 500
The new "Steven Stamkos" rumor

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:35 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Honestly, I think the 3 way deal is more feasible than the Rick Nash straight up deal.

As do I at this point in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
That #2 defender may walk 4 month from now. Preds always wanted scoring and with this trade they may get it. Sounds like a legit resons to me.

Columbus spent over 100 million this year on UFA. Their season is a disaster. Their 8million dollar franchise winger needs a change of scenario. It's been a long time coming. No, not good reason?

I gave you Heatley trade xample where similar player with similar contract was traded for Mikhalek and Cheechoo.

I offered JVR and Carle plus maybe a pick or a prospect or something of that nature.
I'd be inclined to think they won't deal him due to a "possibility". I wouldn't be shocked to see Suter sign before July 1st in Nashville.

That may be true, it's been a disaster because of everything not just Nash. He's still a franchise player, and I'd think they'd want a goaltender, top 4 defender, high pick back, depending on more maybe even.

I don't think that's comparable at all in my opinion. Heatley wanted out of Ottawa and BLOCKED a deal to the Oilers.

Bob would have to be included IMO for CBJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Perhaps I am suffering from a reading-comprehension-destroying aneurysm, but did you just refer to Carle as a "younger version of Suter"?

The only similarity is that they both make crisp, tape-to-tape passes to players in Predators jerseys. Seriously, though, that is one hilarious comparison. Beyond, Carle's performance's southward trajectory, he's a UFA, which is of little long-term help to Nashville (which, arguably, is the only reason they would move Suter), and JvR as was stated is still a big question mark. Actually, make that multiple question marks, given the possible abdominal and hip injuries.
I didn't even notice it the first time.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:36 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
That #2 defender may walk 4 month from now. Preds always wanted scoring and with this trade they may get it. Sounds like a legit resons to me.

Columbus spent over 100 million this year on UFA. Their season is a disaster. Their 8million dollar franchise winger needs a change of scenario. It's been a long time coming. No, not good reason?

I gave you Heatley trade xample where similar player with similar contract was traded for Mikhalek and Cheechoo.

I offered JVR and Carle plus maybe a pick or a prospect or something of that nature.
why would Columbus want Carle?

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Nobody, including JvR, can answer that right now. He was supposed to be a near shoe-in for those numbers this year. Ask me again after he is 5 games into his symptom-free return.
Really? I wonder why the hell did he get that contract then. I guess you are juuuuuuuuuuuust a little smarter than our GM.

Was Heatley was worth Michalek 3 years ago?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:40 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

It really annoys me that the Flyers always seem to be involved in rumors whenever a big name comes up. It would make me even more annoyed if the Flyers are actually involved.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:41 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
It really annoys me that the Flyers always seem to be involved in rumors whenever a big name comes up. It would make me even more annoyed if the Flyers are actually involved.
You mean like... Vinny Lecav three years ago, Kovy two years ago and Stamkos last year?

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
why would Columbus want Carle?
Fine.. They want goalie? Makes sense. Giving Bobrovsky, keeping Carle.

Old
02-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Ryker

Uhm, if they want a goalie, wouldn't they want someone who's better than the two they have?

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:00 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

That 3 team deal seems pretty interesting. CLB would need a boatload of picks and prospects to ship off Nash and only get Bob in return. Plus I think they'd be better of with Bernier, but none of us really know where Bob will peak.

CLB gets:
Bob
Kadri (or similar forward prospect)
Franson (or similar defensive prospect)
TOR 1st
PHI 2nd
Komisarek (cap dump)

PHI gets:
Schenn
Sanford/Dekanich

TOR gets:
Nash
PHI 4th
CLB 6th

something similar to that?

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:06 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Also:

Adam Proteau@ProteautypeReply

Quote:
If you're looking at Rick Nash's stats & wondering why they're mediocre for a guy making superstar money, you've forgotten the team he's on
QFT. Guy is a premier skilled power forward in the league. He's what we wish JvR becomes.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:06 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Easily would not give up Bob, 2nd and 4th for Schenn. (Sanford/Dekanich are throw ins)

Old
02-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Flyers2112

"Clitsy and Cooter on the same team."

sign me up

baaahhaaaa!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!

Flyers2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:10 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
That 3 team deal seems pretty interesting. CLB would need a boatload of picks and prospects to ship off Nash and only get Bob in return. Plus I think they'd be better of with Bernier, but none of us really know where Bob will peak.

CLB gets:
Bob
Kadri (or similar forward prospect)
Franson (or similar defensive prospect)
TOR 1st
PHI 2nd
Komisarek (cap dump)

PHI gets:
Schenn
Sanford/Dekanich

TOR gets:
Nash
PHI 4th
CLB 6th

something similar to that?

Condense it down. Dekanich is out for a long time I think.

SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Easily would not give up Bob, 2nd and 4th for Schenn. (Sanford/Dekanich are throw ins)
whatever sobrien proposed is crappy deal.

I am not even sure why Flyers are involved in the 1st place. I mean I know why because we need a d-men

Still you do not think Schenn is worth Bobrovsky? lol Wow some people.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Two points:

1) I think you're underrating Schenn, or over-rating the 2nd, 4th, or Bobrovsky.

2) If the team has aspirations about competing this year, having a solid backup to replace Bob is a must, and you can do much worse than Sanford as a backup, particularly given his current form. In other words, if its Sanford or Leighton, I easily take Sanford.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:15 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Condense it down. Dekanich is out for a long time I think.
Take out either Kadri or Franson from CLB, Sanford/Dekanich for us (Hellooooo Leighton), and the picks for TOR. That's as far as I can see it being condensed. Columbus is giving up their franchise, they're hopefully going to get a ton in return.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:17 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Two points:

1) I think you're underrating Schenn, or over-rating the 2nd, 4th, or Bobrovsky.

2) If the team has aspirations about competing this year, having a solid backup to replace Bob is a must, and you can do much worse than Sanford as a backup, particularly given his current form. In other words, if its Sanford or Leighton, I easily take Sanford.
1) You think Bob, 2nd and 4th for Schenn is fair? Honestly think your overrating Schenn. I like Schenn also, but thats a pretty good amount to give up for a struggling d-man.

2) Sanford is a borderline goalie. He has only played 33 more games than Leighton.... (edit: Sanford is also hurt atm)

Old
02-14-2012, 01:17 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
whatever sobrien proposed is crappy deal.

I am not even sure why Flyers are involved in the 1st place. I mean I know why because we need a d-men

Still you do not think Schenn is worth Bobrovsky? lol Wow some people.
What makes it crappy? Every team fills a need, besides Toronto blowing up their future.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Tim Tebow

Probably in the minority but I always thought Nash was overrated. I see him as a 1st line player but a 7.8 million top 5 NHL player... I don't believe so.

Tim Tebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:20 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
1) You think Bob, 2nd and 4th for Schenn is fair? Honestly think your overrating Schenn. I like Schenn also, but thats a pretty good amount to give up for a struggling d-man.

2) Sanford is a borderline goalie. He has only played 33 more games than Leighton....
Sanford is a bit of a longshot, it might end up being Mason if they see Sanford as a real asset now. But Sanford has played well this year....behind the Columbus defense....That's saying a lot. Think of it as a backup goalie swap and a 2nd and 4th for Schenn. I'd say that's pretty good.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:20 PM
dats81

Homer has reportedly talked to Columbus GM and everybody starts drooling over Nash

But in fact, our offense is fine and we don't need him. And we can't afford him.

Radek Martinek or even Fedor Tyutin make far more sense. Also Columbus has some promising young big defensemen like Savard, Moore or Methot. I don't knew them well enough to judge their potential let alone price, to be honest.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I think it's a steal for us, to be honest.

A late 2nd is a crapshoot that is more likely to produce a bottom-6 / bottom pairing filler than a meaningful contributor, which our organization already has plenty of.

Bobrovsky is promising but inconsistent. Regardless, though, he's stuck behind Bryz, who, fantasies aside, will be our goalie for the better part of the next decade. Given that, I think there is far more value for the Flyers in getting a young, physical defenseman who can play every night than keeping a promising back-up who plays once a week at most, and is destined to walk in a few years anyway.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:24 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Also:

Adam Proteau@ProteautypeReply

QFT. Guy is a premier skilled power forward in the league. He's what we wish JvR becomes.
QFFH. Guy is a premier skilled power forward, but he's getting paid tons of money and playing tons of minutes in prime scoring moments during a game. Despite the fact that he has no one around him, elite players should produce given elite minutes. The talent around a player is not as vital to singular production as opposed to minutes/opportunity.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Do you want a list of current NHL superstar defensemen who struggled at 22 years old?

Do you also hold JVR to the same standards you do Schenn? Because JVR has struggled just as much and doesn't have the excuse of saying his position's learning curve doesn't usually pan out until the mid-late 20's.

Tim Tebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:27 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
QFFH. Guy is a premier skilled power forward, but he's getting paid tons of money and playing tons of minutes in prime scoring moments during a game. Despite the fact that he has no one around him, elite players should produce given elite minutes. The talent around a player is not as vital to singular production as opposed to minutes/opportunity.
Perhaps, but he's never had that true #1 around him. I still think he's a bit overpaid ($6.5-7 is more fair imo) but the players they've historically put around him is pretty bad. Huselius, Brassard, Umberger, Prospal are all good players, but not 1st line C's