HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ladouceur having a hard time with Gomez during today's practice

Old
02-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
Well since Gomez scored his infamous goal, he pretty much isn't playing the way he was preceding it.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
Theres the reason the habs lost. I lost sleep over it. Ridiculous! Please stop putting any significant value on Gomez. The man is awful in all aspects on the ice.
As awful as you want to paint him, he can still serve a purpose. Putting him and AK on the bench for 4-7min is absolutely useless. Might as well scratch them.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
As awful as you want to paint him, he can still serve a purpose. Putting him and AK on the bench for 4-7min is absolutely useless. Might as well scratch them.
Ive said that all along about Gomez. Scratch him. he is not in the plans for next year. I dont now what purpose he could serve by playing to be honest. The team is pretty much done for the year, play younger guys. Gomez is not needed

Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Haaabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
The best part was after the fact that they were benched is that they bring out Gomez on the first wave of the PP. Yes, he scored on the PP this year, but that's his only goal

They only really played a few shifts until they had to eat the bench because of our 2 first period penalties. I think at some point AK finally got a shift in the 3rd and Campoli took a penalty. That was obviously AK's fault so he was benched the rest of the game.

Put AK with Eller. AK has been making really nice plays and passes that have lead to goals when he was on that line. So we punish him and send him to the 4th line and then the bench.

Haaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:35 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaabs View Post
The best part was after the fact that they were benched is that they bring out Gomez on the first wave of the PP. Yes, he scored on the PP this year, but that's his only goal

They only really played a few shifts until they had to eat the bench because of our 2 first period penalties. I think at some point AK finally got a shift in the 3rd and Campoli took a penalty. That was obviously AK's fault so he was benched the rest of the game.

Put AK with Eller. AK has been making really nice plays and passes that have lead to goals when he was on that line. So we punish him and send him to the 4th line and then the bench.
Listening to RC answer questions today, one has to wonder if he's making this personal. His rational for benching these two players doesn't quite hold water. First, he goes on and on about players not competing, not playing his system, not putting out the effort. But when asked specifically why AK was benched, he categorically stated that he committed 3 turnovers in 3 shifts and that was unacceptable for a veteran player.

He also went out of his way to really make Gomez look bad - "It's a simple drill that we've been doing all year and he can't do the drill right". When asked why Gomez was on the PP at the end of the game, his brilliant response was "well he's been on the pp since day 1". So you can bench him for 7 minutes straight but you can't take him off the PP? RC's in over his head.

The entire team played well for about 10 minutes yesterday. Guys like Kaberle and Diaz were pathetic... yet he blames the loss on two guys who hardly played.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:40 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

You know the coach is on his last miles when he's throwing players under the bus.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:42 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
You know the coach is on his last miles when he's throwing players under the bus.
He's not even 25 games in.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:44 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Not when they deserve it. Listen, you defend your players when outsiders say **** about them, but if they continue to underperform, a little fire is good for the team.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:51 PM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Quote:
This reminds me when JM was blaming the younger players on the D like Diaz and Emelin...

We all know what happened shortly after that.

I doubt RC will get fired but WOW him and gauthier need to gooooooooo

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Bruins fan in peace.

Being a close family friend of Randy's (EDIT: LADOUCEUR) not surprised. Guy puts 110% into everything. Definitely did this as a call out/step up. I'll call and ask him . Kidding of course.

Not to derail your thread, but do you see him being with the team still after this year? Fired? Sent back to the AHL to coach? I'll be going to Boston for the last game against the Habs and we'll see him there. Hope it's not the last.

Last edited by Bruins Stooge: 02-14-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Haaabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
Bruins fan in peace.

Being a close family friend of Randy's not surprised. Guy puts 110% into everything. Definitely did this as a call out/step up. I'll call and ask him . Kidding of course.

Not to derail your thread, but do you see him being with the team still after this year? Fired? Sent back to the AHL to coach? I'll be going to Boston for the last game against the Habs and we'll see him there. Hope it's not the last.
Pierre Gauthier threw RC under the bus right after hiring him. He apologized to the media for hiring him and said they'd reassess the situation at the end of the season.

They're most likely going to look for a bilingual coach at the end of the season. Especially since it doesn't look like we'll be making a miracle run to the playoffs. Its why Kirk Muller left Montreal to coach in the AHL when given the chance, he knew he wasn't going to end up as Coach with the habs because of the language issue.

I don't want to start a language debate. I don't necessarily agree with it but it is what it is.

Haaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaabs View Post
Pierre Gauthier threw RC under the bus right after hiring him. He apologized to the media for hiring him and said they'd reassess the situation at the end of the season.

They're most likely going to look for a bilingual coach at the end of the season. Especially since it doesn't look like we'll be making a miracle run to the playoffs. Its why Kirk Muller left Montreal to coach in the AHL when given the chance, he knew he wasn't going to end up as Coach with the habs because of the language issue.

I don't want to start a language debate. I don't necessarily agree with it but it is what it is.
I should have clarified, meant RL not RC. Thanks for that information though.

Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:08 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Bruins fan in peace.

Being a close family friend of Randy's not surprised. Guy puts 110% into everything. Definitely did this as a call out/step up. I'll call and ask him . Kidding of course.

I love what I see from Randy Ladouceur. btw Ladouceur in french means Gentleness.
RC is doing great in general. I dont mind him with the team next season.

you can have an overview
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1105845
100 votes
67 want him back next year
33 want him out

I personnaly think that Larry Carrière will return back as assistant GM
RC and Randy Ladouceur will be Assistant
They'll hire a new head coach

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Bunch of Gossip Girls on Twitter.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:10 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
This reminds me when JM was blaming the younger players on the D like Diaz and Emelin...

We all know what happened shortly after that.

I doubt RC will get fired but WOW him and gauthier need to gooooooooo
The difference is guys like Emelin and Diaz didn't deserve the blame, they were rookies thrown into a tough position playing more minutes than expected and we're the ones getting blamed to the media by Martin when veterans like Cammalleri, Gomez, Gill etc were the ones who were playing horribly. When you're getting paid $7 million and have 8 points all year the criticism is deserved.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:10 PM
habitue*

[QUOTE=chewBACHa;44122519]I love what I see from Randy Ladouceur. btw Ladouceur in french means Gentleness.

you can have an overview
100 votes
33 want him out

They'll hire a new head coach[
/QUOTE]

I would not bet on that.

If the Habs don't make the playoffs, Gauthier and ALL these guys are out automaticaly.+ the Ghost goalie coach that we never heard talking.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:12 PM
JohnLennon

Anyone else think Ladoucer sounds like a total hardass? I wouldn't want to mess with him...

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Cyclones Rock

Unless one is intimately involved with a team, it's almost impossible to have a very clear picture of its inner workings.

I would find it hard to fathom that the more competitive players on the team aren't getting a little more than sick of the non performers (Gomez) and under performers (insert whomever you'd like). At some point-if a coaching staff is to maintain its integrity with the players who matter (the performers)-something needs to be done.

Gomez has been coddled by this organization to a level which one would expect that a special needs child would be. At some point, verbal confrontation becomes the only bullet left in the chamber of possible motivational techniques.

That Loudoucer has been the one firing the salvos to the various problems would be typical of the "good cop/bad cop" management methodology common to many types of organizations...including those outside of the sporting realm.

This team is fighting for its life this season. Many players have underperformed to a considerable degree. I believe that RC tossing Gomez under the bus and this purported confrontation between a coach and the team's #1 albatross (corsi figure aside) is nothing but a positive. In fact, in their own way, the coaching staff may be trying to force the front office's hand for their negligence in not taking the appropriate action with Gomez. i.e. a ticket to Hamilton.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:19 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
[QUOTE=habitue;44122663]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
I love what I see from Randy Ladouceur. btw Ladouceur in french means Gentleness.

you can have an overview
100 votes
33 want him out

They'll hire a new head coach[
/QUOTE]

I would not bet on that.

If the Habs don't make the playoffs, Gauthier and ALL these guys are out automaticaly.+ the Ghost goalie coach that we never heard talking.
Goalie coach job is to manage the goaltenders not strategy. If Price feels confortable working with Groulx everyday, then keep him.

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
He's not even 25 games in.
Too bad that's going to be about as much as what's left to his time here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Not when they deserve it. Listen, you defend your players when outsiders say **** about them, but if they continue to underperform, a little fire is good for the team.
Calling out people in front of the media is pretty much a coach's swan song.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:29 PM
FisherKing

Quote:
Too bad that's going to be about as much as what's left to his time here.

Calling out people in front of the media is pretty much a coach's swan song.
Since both Molson and Gauthier said he would be gone at the end of the season, I'm not sure how Randy has changed his situation or for that matter, could.

FisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:31 PM
JackZap

Gomez: "Coach I scored a goal, what else do you want from me! Stop riding me so hard already"

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Bruins fan in peace.

Being a close family friend of Randy's (EDIT: LADOUCEUR) not surprised. Guy puts 110% into everything. Definitely did this as a call out/step up. I'll call and ask him . Kidding of course.

Habs aren't going back to Boston this year

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:37 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
The difference is guys like Emelin and Diaz didn't deserve the blame, they were rookies thrown into a tough position playing more minutes than expected and we're the ones getting blamed to the media by Martin when veterans like Cammalleri, Gomez, Gill etc were the ones who were playing horribly. When you're getting paid $7 million and have 8 points all year the criticism is deserved.
Difference being that Martin didn't question their effort, just their lack of experience, something that is fixed with, well, experience. It was an explanation for the team's struggles, not throwing players under the bus (if anything, he was throwing his GM under the bus).

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Amazing. They are trying to light a fire under gomez's ass. I think it's what they wanna do, make him angry. Assuming i'm right, it's good coaching.
Trying something new. I mean what is there to lose?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote