HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread V

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread V

Last one: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1097215

Continue here.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:19 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

vCash: 500
Can we please end the myth that players coming to the Kings will somehow be BETTER than before? Yes Nash has had some pretty poor teams in Columbus but so did Penner in Edmonton and look where that got us. Penner went from playing with guys like Horcoff, Gagner (when he sucked), Comrie and so on to playing next to Kopitar and Richards and has done jack squat.

In my opinion, all signs point to Nash scoring LESS on the Kings. Even if he doesn't, and somehow miraculously continues to be the 30-35 per average goalscorer he has been on the BJs, is that really worth 7.8 million? Even in the very best season of his career at 40 goals 79 points you'd have a tough argument to make that he's a player worthy of having a top 5 cap hit in this league.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:20 PM
dkollidas

Any interest in a deal of Stafford, Boyes and Kassian for Brown and Stoll? Boyes and Stoll will both be UFA's, Stafford has posted similar numbers to Brown without Being as physical, and Kassian has the ability to be like Brown in the future as he progresses.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:23 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
Any interest in a deal of Stafford, Boyes and Kassian for Brown and Stoll? Boyes and Stoll will both be UFA's, Stafford has posted similar numbers to Brown without Being as physical, and Kassian has the ability to be like Brown in the future as he progresses.
Boyes and Stoll are a wash so it basically boils down to Stafford and Kassian for Brown. I think it's not enough to warrant a trade of the Kings captain.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Everyone should listen to this interview with Dreger. He talks a lot about the Kings; says some interesting stuff.

At the 3:30 mark: http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/#clip618879

I gotta tell 'ya, that's nothing we don't already know regarding the Kings.

Regarding the Carter/Nash situation, that's a whole new spin from my perspective. A package, eh? Whichever team makes that deal needs a LOT of cap space!!!

Old
02-14-2012, 01:50 PM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post

Regarding the Carter/Nash situation, that's a whole new spin from my perspective. A package, eh? Whichever team makes that deal needs a LOT of cap space!!!
Kopi + Amart + for Nash and Carter?

Blaspheme ?

Old
02-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Trevorlewisismyhomie

i just threw up a little...

Old
02-14-2012, 02:03 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post

Williams, Gagne, Penner, Stoll, Bernier, Martinez, 2012 1st and 2013 1st. That'd be about how you'd make it work cap wise.

Honestly it might not even cost that much in terms of value as I imagine the number of teams that A) want both Carter and Nash and B) can afford to take them on is pretty narrow.

Essentially, we'd only need to Penner, Stoll, Bernier and Martinez's shoes, and both Bernier and Martinez are replaceable from within the orginzation. Likely Stoll is as well in large part.

Old
02-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Johnny Utah

Simmonds, Schenn. Teubert, a 1st from last year a 2nd from this year....GONE.

Manchester has no one except Voynov and Muzzin really and everyone else is in juniors, Europe or the KHL.

Kings should tread lightly at this deadline with assets, picks, etc.

If I was DL, I would flip Penner and Stoll for assets and either keep them or turn around and use one or two of them and keep the other assets.

Old
02-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post

Manchester has no one except Voynov and Muzzin really and everyone else is in juniors, Europe or the KHL.

If I was DL, I would flip Penner and Stoll for assets and either keep them or turn around and use one or two of them and keep the other assets.
The Kings need scoring help and you're worried about the assets in Manchester?

Old
02-14-2012, 02:31 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:

I have no doubt that this is how it will play out.

Old
02-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
For the people that want Nash, what is your tipping point as far as assets to acquire him? If Columbus asks for the following:

Top 6 Forward = Brown
Top 4 Defenseman = Johnson
Goalie = Bernier
1st round pick

Do you make that deal for Nash + Backup goalie? Are the Kings that much better with Nash minus Brown and Johnson? Or do you stop at Johnson, Bernier and a 1st round pick?

Would Loktionov have enough value to count as a top 6 forward? Would that be enough salary going back to Columbus to fit Nash under the cap for LA?

Old
02-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Petition to change this thread title to 2011 All Purpose....V: The Empire Strikes back

Old
02-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Petition to change this thread title to 2011 All Purpose....V: The Empire Strikes back
or Electric Boogaloo

Old
02-14-2012, 02:36 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

There is no point in creating holes just to make this trade. Nash's 30 goals (realistic estimate) minus Brown's 20 goals (conservative estimate) gives us 10 extra goals. Big whoop, not worth the 5th highest league cap. Johnson + Bernier maybe, but even that is a big gamble because of how manageable JJ's contract is.

Lol, a braindead commenter on Puck Daddy said it will take Quick + Richards + Johnson to get Nash

Old
02-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Lol, a braindead commenter on Puck Daddy said it will take Quick + Richards + Johnson to get Nash
The guy might be right. It's called negotiation. It's DLs job to negotiate the price down. I don't have a ton of faith in him, plus he overvalues his own players, which makes it impossible.

But considering the team is already raising ticket prices for next year by a lot, they might wanna consider bringing in a star like Nash because people aren't going to want to pay 25% more to see this boring *** team play.

Old
02-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Kingsfan1

Weal, Toffoli, Andreoff should all be in Manchester next year . Unless Weal is dealt this year in a package.

Following them there is Shore n Kitsyn who has 1 year left after this year on his contract. Manchester will be fine, we should worry about the Kings.

That's not including our d prospects and that Schumacher kid looks promising as well

Trade some assets for a star player, Toffoli can maybe replace Brown next to Richards either dropping Brown to the 3rd line or he plays lw.

Andreoff can maybe replace Simmonds sometime in the bear future, that's wishful thinking and there's still alot more. Eh we are not too bad in shape but we definitely need a star player, game changer.

Parise or Nash, I will seriously cry from joy if we get Parise but I don't think it'll happen

Old
02-14-2012, 02:43 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
I wouldn't do that for Nash AND Carter

Old
02-14-2012, 02:43 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
The guy might be right.
You undervalue Quick/Richards/Johnson then, because that is the dumbest proposal I've ever heard in my life.

Old
02-14-2012, 02:44 PM
bobafettish*

on the main board everyone seems to think JJ bernier and a 1st would get it done. It's a huge gamble, if nash doesnt pan out were screwed long term.

Old
02-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
For the people that want Nash, what is your tipping point as far as assets to acquire him? If Columbus asks for the following:

Top 6 Forward = Brown
Top 4 Defenseman = Johnson
Goalie = Bernier
1st round pick

Do you make that deal for Nash + Backup goalie? Are the Kings that much better with Nash minus Brown and Johnson? Or do you stop at Johnson, Bernier and a 1st round pick?

Would Loktionov have enough value to count as a top 6 forward? Would that be enough salary going back to Columbus to fit Nash under the cap for LA?
Too much. I want Nash but Brown can't be included. We need to add Nash to him not swap them. Johnson, Bernier, 1st. From there, I would consider adding Lokti but am hesitant to do so. Wouldn't do much more than that.

Old
02-14-2012, 02:46 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
on the main board everyone seems to think JJ bernier and a 1st would get it done. It's a huge gamble, if nash doesnt pan out were screwed long term.
That probably would get it done, but I really don't think Lombardi has much of a desire to do that deal. Even if he did, I think he would think about it until the offseason before shaking things up like that.

Old
02-14-2012, 02:46 PM
ZJames

Quote:

I agree with this completely. The kings have some promising offensive prospects in Toffoli, Kozun, Vey, Kitysin, and possibly weal and schaumacher. I personally would rather take my chances with these guys development than trade them for a playr that ends up being a flop

Old
02-14-2012, 02:48 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Does anyone with more knowledge on the matter than myself know when Toffoli is projected to be NHL ready?

Old
02-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
If it is Johnson, Bernier and a 1st, I would do it. Voynov could fill in for Johnson this season and the Kings would still have Hickey, Muzzin and Martinez to battle for the #6 spot next season.

Then re-sign Mitchell, as rumored. Kings would still have a solid stable of defensemen and would finally have that sniper on the 1st line with Kopitar.

Then sign Parise in the off season.

Brown-Kopitar-Nash
Parise-Richards-Williams
Clifford-Loktionov-Lewis
King-Richardson-Nolan
Gagne (LTIR)/Westgarth

Scuderi-Doughty
Mitchell-Voynov
Martinez-Greene
Drewiske or Hickey

Quick

Closed Thread