HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

best place in downtown montreal to catch a game?

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Bench Warmer

vCash: 500
best place in downtown montreal to catch a game?

I'm going to montreal for the bruins game on april 1st.... I noticed the habs will be playing a game vs washington on the night I plan on coming up (thurs, march 30th) .. I was wondering where i could catch this game in the city???? thanks for any help..

I love montreal, and it's always a good time coming up on a bruins weekend...

Bench Warmer

Old
01-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Quiet Robert

Depends where you are and how far you want to walk/take a cab. Champs on St. Laurent is always a good spot imo. They've got huge TV's, good food, good atmosphere. The prices in general aren't bad either, (good nightly specials etc...) I like Mckibbin's Irish Pub too, although I haven't been there too often. That one is on Bishop.

All along St.Laurent there are a bunch of Bars, but a lot of drunk students too. So watch out.

Old
01-15-2006, 10:19 PM
Habsruleen

If you're over 15, anywhere but the Peel Pub
Seriously my vote goes to Champs.

Old
01-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert
Depends where you are and how far you want to walk/take a cab. Champs on St. Laurent is always a good spot imo. They've got huge TV's, good food, good atmosphere. The prices in general aren't bad either, (good nightly specials etc...) I like Mckibbin's Irish Pub too, although I haven't been there too often. That one is on Bishop.

All along St.Laurent there are a bunch of Bars, but a lot of drunk students too. So watch out.

Well, I'm just a 20 year old guy who likes to have a good time.. I'll be coming up with 3 other 20 year olds.. I'm just looking to be with die hard knowledgeable habs fans.... I'll keep your suggestions in mind.. Thank you.. and I'd like to thank anyone else who can help me out in advance..

Take care guys...

Old
01-15-2006, 10:22 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsruleen
If you're over 15, anywhere but the Peel Pub
Seriously my vote goes to Champs.

Hmmm why is it that people in Montreal aren't fans of the Peel pub?

Everytime I go to Mtl, I always make a stop there and have a blast.

Old
01-15-2006, 10:26 PM
Habsruleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz

To me, the Peel Pub is the place you go to drink recycled beer when you're underage. The food is terrible as well, the only people I see eat there are homeless folks who order the 2$ spaghetti.

Old
01-15-2006, 10:37 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench Warmer
I'm going to montreal for the bruins game on april 1st.... I noticed the habs will be playing a game vs washington on the night I plan on coming up (thurs, march 30th) .. I was wondering where i could catch this game in the city???? thanks for any help..

I love montreal, and it's always a good time coming up on a bruins weekend...

Bench Warmer
Bell Centre haha

I'm not from Montreal but I went to the Peel Pub a couple times. It was pretty good. Quite a few screens and everything is dirt cheap. Not the highest class place to go but if you want real cheap beer and real cheap food, that might interest you. It was on St-Catherines (but I think the building caught on fire some time so I dont knwo if it's even still there)

Old
01-15-2006, 10:51 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsruleen
To me, the Peel Pub is the place you go to drink recycled beer when you're underage. The food is terrible as well, the only people I see eat there are homeless folks who order the 2$ spaghetti.
Yeah homeless folk...or students on a shoestring budget...

Old
01-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Is Cage Aux Sports any good if you're not looking to drink?

Old
01-15-2006, 11:34 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
Is Cage Aux Sports any good if you're not looking to drink?
Yes. Good food.

Old
01-15-2006, 11:38 PM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz

They dont even put sound to the games except when it's something special

When the habs score, 95% of the people there dont give a crap.

Cage aux Sport is definitely the better choice.

Old
01-15-2006, 11:44 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz
They dont even put sound to the games except when it's something special

When the habs score, 95% of the people there dont give a crap.

Cage aux Sport is definitely the better choice.
When I went it was for a World Cup game and the other time was a playoff game so they had the sound on and everyone was there to watch the game. (I guess that's why i thought it was a good place to watch the game.)

Ya Cage aux Sports is probably one of the best places to watch a game (in Hull anyways).

Old
01-16-2006, 12:04 AM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo
When I went it was for a World Cup game and the other time was a playoff game so they had the sound on and everyone was there to watch the game. (I guess that's why i thought it was a good place to watch the game.)

Ya Cage aux Sports is probably one of the best places to watch a game (in Hull anyways).
well yep... world cup and playoffs are special events... they dont give a crap about season games.

Old
01-16-2006, 09:29 AM
Jedrik

Yeah, the Cage is ok. The food is, in my opinion, no better than average, and it sort has that family feel to it on occasion, but the screens are all over, and the draft beer isn't terribly overpriced. I've been to Champs only two or three times, but I would agree that it is the better choice (although the tables can fill up pretty quickly, so you might want to show up a little early).

Old
01-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench Warmer
Well, I'm just a 20 year old guy who likes to have a good time.. I'll be coming up with 3 other 20 year olds.. I'm just looking to be with die hard knowledgeable habs fans.... I'll keep your suggestions in mind.. Thank you.. and I'd like to thank anyone else who can help me out in advance..

Take care guys...
If you're looking for knowledgeable fans, Champs is a great place imo. It's a great bar, there are people of all ages and you'll find people who care and who know about the game. And yeah if you're 20 and going to be with other guys St. Laurent should be great on a Saturday night.

Old
01-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert
If you're looking for knowledgeable fans, Champs is a great place imo. It's a great bar, there are people of all ages and you'll find people who care and who know about the game. And yeah if you're 20 and going to be with other guys St. Laurent should be great on a Saturday night.

Saturday i'll actually be at the bruins game... i think its a noon start... The caps game is on that thursday I'm coming up.... I'm guessing a thurday night on St. Laurent isn't so bad either...

I was wondering.. How is the city on a sunday? I know around here everything shuts right down.. Is it the same in MONTREAL

Old
01-16-2006, 04:41 PM
The n00b King *

Quote:
I was wondering.. How is the city on a sunday? I know around here everything shuts right down.. Is it the same in MONTREAL
i like going to sharx, cuz it's on ste-cath and near Concordia metro. and at times, the waitresses are really hot.

Depends what time of the year you come. i mean stores are open till 5, museums too etc. what are you looking into doing?

Closed Thread