HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospect Info 2011-2012 Part 4

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstroms pads View Post
Do you realize how rare a 70-80 pt guy is in todays nhl? That's a pretty bold statement. "And that is not bad", like 70-80pt players grow on trees in todays NHL.
I think when people make projections it's often with a "career best" in mind.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:29 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Do you realize how rare a 70-80 pt guy is in todays nhl? That's a pretty bold statement. "And that is not bad", like 70-80pt players grow on trees in todays NHL.
you realize that 70-80p is career potential right? If Silfverberg can score 50p in SEL he definitely has 70-80p career potential in NHL. Have you even seen him play lately? I think he has a 6 or 7 game pointstreak going on in SEL.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Manny*

I wouldn't mind seeing Zibanejad play another year in Sweden. Seems to have done Silfverberg some good.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:34 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Zibanejad play another year in Sweden. Seems to have done Silfverberg some good.
i dunno, i think zbads gamestyle fits North America better, plus his SEL team is being run pretty crappy. He should come over next season.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:
Murray already said that hes playing here next season.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:37 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
Murray already said that hes playing here next season.
he should.

zbad only got 12min in todays game, that is ridiculous, especially when someone like kyle klubbertanz played 22 minutes.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
MacLean wanted to keep him. This was his extra year in Sweden.

As far as NHL standards go, not SEL, Silfverberg and Zibanejad were probably at closer levels of NHL readiness than you'd think this year.

If he's not in the NHL next year he's better off in Binghamton.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Manny*

I'm part of the vast majority of Sens fans that would love to see Zibanejad in an Ottawa jersey as soon as possible. However, if he or Bryan Murray made the decision to send him back to Sweden after training camp next year, I'd be fine with it.

Obviously, it would have to be justified. If he really isn't getting enough ice-time and his team really isn't well run, there'd be no reason not to keep him in Ottawa. Mika's shot, size and speed would all make him a legitimate weapon on the Senators' offence, even if other areas of his game need polishing.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:48 PM
SChan*

ahl would do him good next year if not nhl.

playing him 12min time while the scrubs gets over 20 min, there is no excuse for that.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Exalted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firenze View Post
you realize that 70-80p is career potential right? If Silfverberg can score 50p in SEL he definitely has 70-80p career potential in NHL. Have you even seen him play lately? I think he has a 6 or 7 game pointstreak going on in SEL.
Yes i watch every Brynäs game. And it's six games by the by. But i still don't see how 50 points in the SEL guarantees 70-80pt potential. Joakim Lindström won the scoring race in the SEL last year with 60pts, does he have 90-100pt potential? I think you're missing something in you train of thaught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence
I think when people make projections it's often with a "career best" in mind.
I know but i still think it's way to optimistic.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:59 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Yes i watch every Brynäs game. And it's six games by the by. But i still don't see how 50 points in the SEL guarantees 70-80pt potential. Joakim Lindström won the scoring race in the SEL last year with 60pts, does he have 90-100pt potential? I think you're missing something in you train of thaught.

Joakim Lindstrom is what, 30 years old? You're the one who are missing something here. It is spelled thought btw.

Old
02-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:

I think best case scenario he's a player like Jere Lehtinen was.

Old
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:

I agree with you, not to mention that the NHL is a much better league with bigger, tougher, stronger, faster players that mostly play a defence first strategy & scoring seems to be on the decline in the NHL.

Old
Philadelphia Collins

Quote:
24 players had "70-80p" last season. Twenty. Four.

Old
02-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Minister of Offence

Honestly it's pretty uncommon for a 21 year old to score a PPG in the SEL season....it also isn't common for young players to get enough ice time to do it I imagine.

Old
02-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Exalted User

Quote:
Joakim Lindstrom is what, 30 years old? You're the one who are missing something here. It is spelled thought btw.
What you wrote was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firenze
If Silfverberg can score 50p in SEL he definitely has 70-80p career potential in NHL
I interpet that as: If a completely nhl-unprooven player scores 50 points in the SEL he has the potential to score 70-80pts in the NHL. Silfverberg is just that. Unprooven in the NHL!

Just because he's Silfverberg does't mean he has some magical advantage over any other unprooven player that comes in to the league.

I love the guy to death but let's get real!

Old
02-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Collins View Post
24 players had "70-80p" last season. Twenty. Four.
6 of them came beyond the 1st round.

Old
02-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
What you wrote was:

I interpet that as: If a completely nhl-unprooven player scores 50 points in the SEL he has the potential to score 70-80pts in the NHL. Silfverberg is just that. Unprooven in the NHL!

Just because he's Silfverberg does't mean he has some magical advantage over any other unprooven player that comes in to the league.

I love the guy to death but let's get real!
I'm not really advocating for what the guy is talking about but that magical advantage is called youth.

It's not really a magical advantage, it just could be.

Old
02-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Exalted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
I'm not really advocating for what the guy is talking about but that magical advantage is called youth.

It's not really a magical advantage, it just could be.
Does potential diminish with time? I realize 28 is not 21. But it didn't stop Thomas.

Old
02-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Does potential diminish with time? Didn't stop Thomas at least.
Yes, it does.

He's a goalie...and an anomaly. Another anomaly would be a 21 year old in the SEL putting up a PPG and not becoming a big time producer in the NHL, but I'm not advocating for that.

Old
02-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Hale The Villain

I'd much prefer Zibanejad in Binghamton next season. The kid is still so raw. You watch him and he'll dominate for a few shifts, then completely disappear for the next five. With his size + skating ability he should be noticable every shift, making an impact in all three zones. I want to see him use that huge shot of his more too.

He's got huge potential. I wouldn't want to see it ruined by rushing him to the NHL before his game is mature enough.

Old
02-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Exalted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Yes, it does.

He's a goalie...and an anomaly. Another anomaly would be a 21 year old in the SEL putting up a PPG and not becoming a big time producer in the NHL, but I'm not advocating for that.
I understand i just don't agree. But PPG is impressive, yes. It's just not a guarantee for NHL success.

I apologize if my logic is a bit off base. I'm very tired but i'm just trying to get my point across.

Old
02-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Afro Thunder*

I would be extremly happy with a career high of a 30-30 season from Silfver while playing a strong two way game.

Old
02-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
I understand i just don't agree. But PPG is impressive, yes. It's just not a guarantee for NHL success.
You aren't disagreeing with me because I agree with you on the matter.

But the argument about Joakim Lindstrom was faulty, if you're interested in getting into a debate with firenze about point production as a predictor of NHL success (which I realize you don't want to) you'd be better off finding a player at comparable age who hasn't scored like Silfverberg has.

Silfverberg looks to be like a 50-55 point player who's defining quality is his overall two-way play, smarts and competitiveness. Like I said, best case scenario he's the next Jere Lehtinen, and I emphasize best case scenario. His development curve has been very impressive though, you never know what could happen if it continues.

If his first couple steps improve over time he's got a shot at being a star because he's smart, strong on the puck and has a hell of a shooting repertoire.

Old
02-14-2012, 04:31 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
I'd much prefer Zibanejad in Binghamton next season. The kid is still so raw. You watch him and he'll dominate for a few shifts, then completely disappear for the next five. With his size + skating ability he should be noticable every shift, making an impact in all three zones. I want to see him use that huge shot of his more too.

He's got huge potential. I wouldn't want to see it ruined by rushing him to the NHL before his game is mature enough.
There seems to be a transition happening in the NHL with the infusion of youth. I guess we'll see if he is NHL ready & he could even make the team & still end up in Bingo. It wouldn't surprise me to see Hoffman for example make Ottawa & Silfverberg sent to Bingo for seasoning or to learn the NA game, I doubt it will happen but it`s possible. It wouldn't surprise me if Butler & Condra are still in Ottawa next season & Zibanejad sent down to Bingo. Anything is possible especially if they still have a number of players with one way contracts.

Our centres next season could be Spezza, Turris, Z. Smith & O`Brien. Our forwards could be Greening, Michalek, Alfredsson, Foligno, Butler, Condra, Hoffman & Daugavins, Murray might even add one or two through trade or UFA. Lots of possibilities.

Closed Thread