HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers are interested in Nash (McKenzie: Rangers/Kings Strongest Suitors)

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2012, 03:17 PM
IHeartMattCooke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Chad Johnson , Pashnin , VTank and a 5th ....conditionally throw in John Amirate's wig

Old
02-14-2012, 03:17 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan25 View Post
Exchange dubi for anisimov
They will sure take him over Dubi. Ani is a better player. But he is cheap. Dubi must be in the trade with his 4 millions.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Good, I wouldn't expect someone who actually thinks he is good, and ISN'T soft as cottage cheese to agree with my post.
I'm not even going here....

Old
02-14-2012, 03:21 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Chad Johnson , Pashnin , VTank and a 5th ....conditionally throw in John Amirate's wig
Why conditionally? I'd give them Amirante with it. BTW, seriously, they should take Vtank

Old
02-14-2012, 03:21 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I'm not even going here....
You shouldn't.

But even so, I would love to hear your reasoning for Jeff Woywitka & Stu Bickel being here and Erixon not.

With the injuries sustained this year to Sauer, and Eminger, why wasn't he here full time?

Old
02-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Did you check Hanks numbers? Check again. Impossible to surpass.
I did. And I thought Thomas' numbers were impossible last year.

Quote:
Nash is hard to excel. Even for Kreider.
Nash has 18 goals. I don't care if he's on a horrible team. 18 goals for 7.8 million?
No. Just no.

Quote:
Next year? We may be missing more than we missing now next year. I would give anyone we do not need THIS YEAR for Nash. We need no Kreider this year. Kreider is not our core last time i checked.
Who would we be missing next year? Avery, Wolski, Feds are off the books next year. If we have a shot at say...Parise or Bobby Ryan, why not go for them?

You're too reactive, imo. That is way too much when - thus far - all the parts are working.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:22 PM
outlaw52
"what i do"

leave it alone....no trades......just leave the godamned thing alone already.bring kreider up when we can and be done with it.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Giacomin

I don,t like giving up prospects but Nash is a stud and sometimes you have to go for it!

Old
02-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Let's say we trade Dubi for Nash. Chemistry aside, ya gotta like the idea of this:

Quote:
Pierre McGuire - “The Rangers become a very real player if you put Rick Nash on a wing with Ryan Callahan and Brad Richards. They become an amazing force because now you’ve got Gaborik, Derek Stepan and Artem Anisimov and then you come right back with Brad Richards, Rick Nash and Ryan Callahan. Good luck trying to create match up situations against that group. They become a very real difficult team to play against.”

IHeartMattCooke

An Edmonton fan in another thread suggested Wolski for Hemsky straight up - how 'bout we forget Nash and do that instead?

Old
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6net View Post
I don,t like giving up prospects but Nash is a stud and sometimes you have to go for it!
Does his name alone arouse you? Or his actual numbers this year?

Rick Nash: 2011-12 (Goals 18 Assists 21 Points 39)

$7.8 million...

Old
02-14-2012, 03:26 PM
KingWantsCup
United we stand

vCash: 50
Kredier is going to be a serious Calder contender. Kreider is faster than Hagelin and his offensive potential is said to be high, but he could turn into something very special.

At $7.8M for Nash, it is absurdly difficult to justify that kind of cap hit for the next 7 years. For nearly $8M, anything less than 40 goals is a bit of a disappointment. The contract Nash was given is the kind of contract a desperate, small market team gives to it's only star to keep butts in seats. It's in no way designed to be flexible. You're essentially wagering $54.6M that Nash will mesh with Richards or Stepan. Between what Nash will cost in prospects, NHL talent, and cap space, plus the fact that he does not fit the mold of a Ranger very well, I'm a bit worried with the Rangers' rather apparent interest in him.

Even if Sather fleeces Columbus, only half the battle would be won. Managing that cap hit is going to be very difficult when our young guys are due raises. Kredier would alleviate the financial strain when that happen since he's going to be making beans and could be providing 20+ goals in his first season. That's the biggest reason why we can't trade Kreider for Nash.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:27 PM
MSG the place to be*

Lets say Nash was a ufa, July 1st he weighs his offers and says that he will make his decision the morning of July 2nd (like Richards did). So you wake up and you see breaking news: Rangers sign Rick Nash to 7.8 million a year for 7 years.

How would you feel about that? Would that be a good signing? For that much money?

If you're wavering on that question then how in the world could you want to make a trade for him for the reported asking price. Trading for him is essentially giving him that contract plus surrendering some of our best assets. You'd really really really have to be all in for the cup to even consider it a good idea. Cause the ramifications after this season would be daunting.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:27 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Less than zero interest. Makes NO cap sense.

RANGERS =
Old
02-14-2012, 03:28 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

To be fair, Nash has 18 goals on the crappiest team in the NHL. He normally averages at least 30.

That said, I don't agree with the idea of trading away key players and prospects for him. I think at the end of the day Sather stays away. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Carter be traded here though.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I do this if Redden is heading the other way

Old
02-14-2012, 03:30 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
You shouldn't.

But even so, I would love to hear your reasoning for Jeff Woywitka & Stu Bickel being here and Erixon not.

With the injuries sustained this year to Sauer, and Eminger, why wasn't he here full time?
Because he's a 20 year old who just came over from Sweden, and needs to develop properly, seeing top pairing minutes in the A, instead of being put wherever for 8 minutes here. Also, he needs to bulk up in the summer and fill his 6-3 frame.

Old
IHeartMattCooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
To be fair, Nash has 18 goals on the crappiest team in the NHL. He normally averages at least 30.
In my opinion, a player making as much money as Nash should be making the players around him better - yes he's on a crappy team, but for 7.8M/year, he should still be putting up strong numbers and the guys on his line should have higher totals than they would normally have ie: Renberg on the Legion of Doom line.

Old
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
I do this if Redden is heading the other way
They DID want him a few years ago, here's their chance

You guys know my stance on this, the cap hit scares me away. $7.8 is an insane price to pay for Rick Nash.

I love his game, and think he'd actually be a great fit on this team, but the money IS an issue.

Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
You shouldn't.

Before I answer your question, is that the reason you think "he sucks"?

Old
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
I did. And I thought Thomas' numbers were impossible last year.
So what we exactly gaining by NOT getting Nash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
Nash has 18 goals. I don't care if he's on a horrible team. 18 goals for 7.8 million?

We are not playing Fantasy Hockey here. Nash is not just sniper. He is a power forward. Something Dubi will never be and something Kreider may be when Lundqvist sunsets.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:31 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post

That said, I don't agree with the idea of trading away key players and prospects for him.
Agree, and the year isn't over yet. I would LOVE Nash to be here, but for his cap hit, its hard imagining him fitting. Dubi, and or Anisimov + prospects and being handcuffed in cap hell for a long time might not be worth it.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:33 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Before I answer your question, is that the reason you think "he sucks"?
He is soft, and all the games I have seen him play in left little to be desired.

That being said, I believe he DOES have upside, I just am not a fan of soft guys on the backend.

Speaking of Swede D's...Give me Victor Hedman, not Tim Erixon.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Mikos87

Just heard on TSN Radio that Dubinsky, Kreider, and a 1st wasn't considered to be nearly enough. Not suggested that was offered from the Rangers perspective, but someone bandied that package out there, and Columbus retorted that they want 5 primary assets.

By that they are referring to a top 10 NHL prospect, young top tier player (Top 6 forward, top 4 D), as well as NHL players that play on the Top 6, and Top 4. They are asking for five of those pieces in return.

Not happening at that price. Not with a short list of teams he would accept a trade to.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:34 PM
The Sweetness

I'm against any trade that messes up our chances of getting Parise should he become a UFA.

I'd much rather try to sign Parise and then trade someone like Dubinsky for a high level pick or prospect to make cap room.

Closed Thread