HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers are interested in Nash (McKenzie: Rangers/Kings Strongest Suitors)

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2012, 05:05 PM
JayQueensNY88*

vCash: 500
Dubinksy,Wolski and a 1st is most I would do..if not Wolski then Thomas...

i dont want the team to lose Kreider,bad decision..

7.8 for nash,is a joke..whats he avg like 30 helpers a year..Ill pass on Nash.Give me Bobby Ryan.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:08 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
For the record I don't want to trade any core guys for Nash. I'm simply saying that most people would agree we an improved team if you simply substitute Nash for Dubinsky.
You lose a lot of grit and a lot of defense, as well as a key element to shot blocking and the PK. Nash will get you a few goals in front of the net, but other than that, Dubi brings more to the table in Tort's system. In order to thrive in this system you gotta be gritty and tough and Nash is neither. Nash is more often than not a liability. If I were going to trade dubi it would be for Bobby Ryan. Ideally, the Rangers trade Wolski and MZA and a 2nd for Selanne. But I think this team can win the cup with the roster they have now. Nash simply is not worth his contract.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:23 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
true. well, we will see. i still think its tough to bring him in even with the cap staying at the same level (or a 10% reduction in both the cap and current player salaries)
We will have a lockout if the league tries to reduce salaries. Book it.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:24 PM
TheDoctorLies

Two things about Nash - his defensive game isn't bad. He was +2 last season, -2 the season before, and +11 the year before that (his only playoff season). Hitchcock got him to shore up the defensive side of his game and he also turned into a pretty competent penalty killer in that time. I have no doubt he'll buy into Tortorella's game plan and play very well in New York.

At the same time, he isn't worth giving up a lot of prospects, picks or core players for at his salary. He'll probably max out around 70-80 points in New York, possibly more than that if he truly is hampered by the Bluejackets horribleness, which is certainly debatable. If he was making $6.8M he might be worth the asking price.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

If a deal is done I want Dubinsky and Wolski involved to match his salary. Nash-Richards-Callahan line might make him finally reach his 100 point potential. I say go for it, but its a risk..

Old
02-14-2012, 05:27 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Steve Zipay @stevezipay Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Too early, too complex RT @monfrair: @stevezipay zip, please tell me rangers not going to do anything to jeopardize our bright future....

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
02-14-2012, 05:28 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
well i guess we're going to see a lockout by your logic then. that discussion is for another time and place.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:29 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
Dubinksy,Wolski and a 1st is most I would do..if not Wolski then Thomas...

i dont want the team to lose Kreider,bad decision..

7.8 for nash,is a joke..whats he avg like 30 helpers a year..Ill pass on Nash.Give me Bobby Ryan.

You're hit getting Nash for helpers. You're getting Nash for goal scoring. And it's hard to get helpers when you're your not playing with anyone close to your level. The fact he scors like he does is remakable.

02-14-2012, 05:30 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 View Post
If a deal is done I want Dubinsky and Wolski involved to match his salary. Nash-Richards-Callahan line might make him finally reach his 100 point potential. I say go for it, but its a risk..
Hah, no. If he gets 70, I'd be happy.

Don't want him anyway. Like nash, but his cap hit is just too much.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:31 PM
RangersChamps2417

It's a tough choice. I think that it maybe the move that makes us win this year, because we really do lack another scorer, but at the same time, we have a good chance to be very good for a long time, so it may be better to keep our guys and use the money to sign someone like Parise, which is no sure thing. Do you guys think that we'd have a chance to acquire Ryan before the deadline?

Old
02-14-2012, 05:32 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
A strike. Owners would love to lower salaries.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
well i guess we're going to see a lockout by your logic then. that discussion is for another time and place.
You tell me your logic, then. Why would the players, who just hired Fehr, accept another paycut when they vehemently opposed it last time? That doesn't fly. I would be surprised if the NHL even attempted to get a salary rollback (other than using it as something for "asking for the moon" and bargaining down from).

Old
02-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
You're hit getting Nash for helpers. You're getting Nash for goal scoring. And it's hard to get helpers when you're your not playing with anyone close to your level. The fact he scors like he does is remakable.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...002342001.html

Not quite as amazing as Pavel Bure, but

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...023302009.html

This is a pretty sizeable production discrepancy as well.

Nash would be for the goals, as well as the sheer intimidation factor. Within 3 year's we'd have added 3 former franchise players and could potentially put them on a line together.

02-14-2012, 05:33 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It is, but for 8 million dollars?

Goodbye any semblance of cap flexibility. I don't know if i could make that trade.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:35 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Those Bure numbers are out of control. With 59 goals, you'd think someone passed him the puck.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:35 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
You tell me your logic, then. Why would the players, who just hired Fehr, accept another paycut when they vehemently opposed it last time? That doesn't fly. I would be surprised if the NHL even attempted to get a salary rollback (other than using it as something for "asking for the moon" and bargaining down from).
to avoid being locked out again and receiving no money. the nhl has a few bargaining chips to offer the players association to alleviate their concerns. the olympics, reduced travel, more significant revenue sharing. just because salaries and percentage of revenue might go down, doesnt mean the owners cant give a few things up to satisfy the players. the owners saw what happened in the nba and nfl negotiations. both leagues players took less, the owners of the nhl will want the same.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:36 PM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Don't want to lose Dubinsky. Don't want to give up Kreider. That probably means we don't get Nash. I'm fine with that.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

https://twitter.com/#!/stevezipay/st...65637776113664

Quote:
@stevezipay
Steve Zipay
Two Columbus scouts on list for tonight's game here in Boston

Old
02-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Mikos87

Todd Richards was quoted as saying "The New York Rangers are the best team in the league". He is the coach of the Blue Jackets. Only heard it in it's contextual form. Maybe someone can find a video of the entire interview. Seemed like he was quoted after the BJ practice today.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:41 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
Don't want to lose Dubinsky. Don't want to give up Kreider. That probably means we don't get Nash. I'm fine with that.
Im holding out hope for a anisimov thomas prospect 1st rounder 2nd rounder as a starter

Old
02-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Not gonna do it if Kreider is in the deal.

Erixon for sure, the 1st for sure, Dubi for sure. Any one of the rest of out prospect list aside from Kreider and JT Miller, for sure.

Not gonna include two of our top three prospects and a first for Nash.

Organizational suicide. Not gonna happen
With how Erixon ended up on the NYR and with the ties to the family Id bet ANYTHING that he will not be traded this deadline.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:43 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Todd Richards was quoted as saying "The New York Rangers are the best team in the league". He is the coach of the Blue Jackets. Only heard it in it's contextual form. Maybe someone can find a video of the entire interview. Seemed like he was quoted after the BJ practice today.
he was saying how it doesn't matter if your last like cbj or first like the nyr you are always trying to improve your team

i concur with those who say 7.8 for nash is a waste, nevermind the package they are going to want. that contract will be seriously detrimental to our team in 2 years and any type of flex room to maneuver. i wanna hold onto ck19 at 6'3 225 and nash is 6'4 220. not comparable obviously, i don't even wanna trade ck for bobby ryan and that is the player i want first and foremost before anybody. ck19 seems that special from what i have seen, what our team ppl say,nhl scouts and others. people believe ck19 will be a good player.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:44 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Bit of a jab at the Red Wings at this point, of course they are division rivals.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:47 PM
92hatchattack

I dont want to give up peices this year. Stay the course and see what we can do. If theres a trade that doesnt invole us giving up the future then go for it.

In the off season go for you gold. The chance to get Parise+ Kreider comming= a seriously badass team.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Sticky Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Im holding out hope for a anisimov thomas prospect 1st rounder 2nd rounder as a starter
Dont hold your breath. Its gonna be more expensive. Swap AA for Dubinsky and thomas for Erixon/Kreider and it might be it imo.

Closed Thread