HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread V

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2012, 07:10 PM
bobafettish*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
For entertainment purposes:

Darren Dreger just went on TSN radio and confirmed the Kings were high in Nash's list and that Bernier was mentioned along with Jack Johnson.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...n-list/1/42176
so he piggy backs off other people.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:12 PM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
so he piggy backs off other people.
Exactly!

Old
02-14-2012, 07:16 PM
The Judge

I like Nash. But not at that price tag $7.8 million!!!!
So I hope we can get Semin.

Parise is my 1st choice but New Jersey won't do that till after the season. So this year is a pipe dream pipe dream.

However, if we were to pick Nash I would rather wait for Parise in the off season. At least we don't have to give up the farm.

This year I would go with plan B. Maybe a Kostisyn, Huselius, Glencross or Prospal.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:24 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
For entertainment purposes:

Darren Dreger just went on TSN radio and confirmed the Kings were high in Nash's list and that Bernier was mentioned along with Jack Johnson.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...n-list/1/42176
I have been pretty adamant about not at all including Jack Johnson in any deal. But I might take the gamble on Voynov because till this point he has looked better defensively and his offensive upside the sky is the limit at this point. At this point he is just an above average(dunno if thats the right word) defender and a 30-40 point D-Man and that might be the very least that Voynov could be. And Im starting to think its easier to find a defense man then a franchise sniper.

Pretty mind ****ed right now.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:25 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

i agree, i don't get how we can even acquire Nash. His $7.8 will cover more than Stoll and Penner and we're already short on top 6 players and cap space as it is. Will we be better with Kopitar, Brown, Williams, Richards, and Nash as our top 6? (I don't include Gagne because who knows if he's ever coming back)

I look at our contracts, and our only true dead weight contracts are those that are coming off next season. I'm leaning more towards "no" on Nash even if we get him dirt cheap

Old
02-14-2012, 07:27 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

If Nash' list of teams he's willing to accept a trade to is short (McKenzie thinks 5 or less teams), would the LA Kings really be on that list? Dead last in scoring, recently fired their coach, subpar season, GM presumably on the hot seat... West coast, travel, taxes and so on.

Seems unlikely to me considering the lack of love from free agents.. But I guess he could be on friendly terms with Richards and Doughty, whom he played with in the Olympics.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Jack and Bernier for Nash is close to almost have to do it territory. Don't know what will be done to cap manage in the future though.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:37 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
If Nash' list of teams he's willing to accept a trade to is short (McKenzie thinks 5 or less teams), would the LA Kings really be on that list? Dead last in scoring, recently fired their coach, subpar season, GM presumably on the hot seat... West coast, travel, taxes and so on.

Seems unlikely to me considering the lack of love from free agents.. But I guess he could be on friendly terms with Richards and Doughty, whom he played with in the Olympics.
cant be any worse than columbus.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:42 PM
bobafettish*

If JJ was traded i would almost feel bad for him. he signs long term cap friendly contract only to get traded to a basement dweller.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

i wouldnt say his contract is cap friendly, its about whats hes worth

Old
02-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Johnny Utah

So then Kings are stuck with Doughty, Nash, Richards contracts for almost a decade?

There goes Quick.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
So then Kings are stuck with Doughty, Nash, Richards contracts for almost a decade?

There goes Quick.
There would be more than enough for Quick, more like there goes a 5-6 defenseman or a third line center.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Moscowitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post

There goes Quick.
Why not, "Hello King and Nolan, don't let the door hit you on the way out Stoll and Penner..."

Old
02-14-2012, 07:56 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
If JJ was traded i would almost feel bad for him. he signs long term cap friendly contract only to get traded to a basement dweller.
No doubt. That being said, i dont believe he'll be move because Lombardi just love the idea of have both him and Doughty locked up long term[plus he has the tatoo DL loves]

Old
02-14-2012, 08:03 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71111 View Post
Why not, "Hello King and Nolan, don't let the door hit you on the way out Stoll and Penner..."
I don't know...

Last year and the year before that people were pulling the skin back on Nash and suddenly hes awful and this and that and he is a born looser and ****.

Weirdest **** ever.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:05 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
I like Nash. But not at that price tag $7.8 million!!!!
So I hope we can get Semin.

Parise is my 1st choice but New Jersey won't do that till after the season. So this year is a pipe dream pipe dream.

However, if we were to pick Nash I would rather wait for Parise in the off season. At least we don't have to give up the farm.

This year I would go with plan B. Maybe a Kostisyn, Huselius, Glencross or Prospal.
I'd be all for one of those two on Richards' wing next year or even this year if they come cheap.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:07 PM
bobafettish*

prospal resigned with CBJ and no thanks to huselius.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Tadite

Nash, Kopitar, Richards
JJ, DD

That's 32 Million for the top line and top pairing defensemen. Guess we get to see what Quick wants or can get on the open market. Is he more like Tim Thomas, Lehtonen, or Hiller? In which case you're looking at 3.5 - 5 Million or is he Lundqvist, Ward, or Miller at 6.5 - 7+ Million. Does he even want a long-term contract for a lower Cap Hit in the first place?

Either way you're looking at about 36-38ish Million out of 62 Million for your starters and most important players.

You can ice that no problem. What happens if when you get a rookie that hits it big you're going to end up trading them due to the Cap restrictions. You can't have another DD or Kopitar you just can't pay them what their worth. Sounds a bit like Chicago or maybe the Canucks last year. Successful development lets you be viable till they hit that 3rd contract and that's when they look for a raise.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:12 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
Nash, Kopitar, Richards
JJ, DD

That's 32 Million for the top line and top pairing defensemen. Guess we get to see what Quick wants or can get on the open market. Is he more like Tim Thomas, Lehtonen, or Hiller? In which case you're looking at 3.5 - 5 Million or is he Lundqvist, Ward, or Miller at 6.5 - 7+ Million. Does he even want a long-term contract for a lower Cap Hit in the first place?

Either way you're looking at about 36-38ish Million out of 62 Million for your five most important players.

You can ice that no problem. What happens if when you get a rookie that hits it big you're going to end up trading them due to the Cap restrictions. You can't have another DD or Kopitar you just can't pay them what their worth. Sounds a bit like Chicago or maybe the Canucks last year. Successful development lets you be viable till they hit that 3rd contract and that's when they look for a raise.
Honestly... if the Kings were worried about that then I dont think they would ever make a trade for Nash.

So take solace if the Kings big IF they do trade for Nash then its a very big statement that they are confident.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

I've always liked Nash. Price tag and salary are scary tho.

Would be happy to have him even if it's a big commitment.

JJ-Bernier and a 1st/Prospect are doable. Beyond that, move along.

I think he will end up with:

NYR-got some nice up and coming pieces
LA-Bernier
NASHville-Lindback
Van-Schnieder

Old
02-14-2012, 08:23 PM
fsanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Honestly... if the Kings were worried about that then I dont think they would ever make a trade for Nash.

So take solace if the Kings big IF they do trade for Nash then its a very big statement that they are confident.
Or AEG is pushing for it..

Old
02-14-2012, 08:23 PM
Johnny Utah

Kings should've make this deal if guys like Voynov, Clifford, Loktionov, Toffoli or Forbort are mentioned....

Hickey, Muzzin, JJ, Martinez, Bernier, Kozun, Vey are guys I would be willing to move for the right player...

Why the big shake up...Nolan and King look legit, just get rid of Penner and Stoll for assets and turn around and use them or save them for the draft like I said before.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:29 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Just a quick reminder:

Dwight King still is not good, despite him scoring his first goal. Can we please drop the notion like he is? Thanks.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKingsBlog View Post
Just a quick reminder:

Dwight King still is not good, despite him scoring his first goal. Can we please drop the notion like he is? Thanks.
IF he is not good what does that make Penner?

Old
02-14-2012, 08:33 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
IF he is not good what does that make Penner?
Well, he's NOT good, and neither is Penner.

Closed Thread