HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread V

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2012, 07:34 PM
  #151
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 6,913
vCash: 500
All summer and year long I hoped that the Kings would give Nolan a shot and that he would prove to be Wayne Simmonds 2.0....So far, in two games, he is not too far off...

Dwight King? Who knows what becomes of him, but like Nolan, with that size, hands, and contract he can't be any WORSE than Penner.

I would rather the Kings have big, young players playing than smaller, fatter, older or overpaid players...

Johnny Utah is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 07:35 PM
  #152
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,771
vCash: 1027
Rookie plays two really good games this season after a bad stint last year.

Scores goal.

Is not good.


Live in the Now is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 07:36 PM
  #153
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,242
vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
All summer and year long I hoped that the Kings would give Nolan a shot and that he would prove to be Wayne Simmonds 2.0....So far, in two games, he is not too far off...

Dwight King? Who knows what becomes of him, but like Nolan, with that size, hands, and contract he can't be any WORSE than Penner.

I would rather the Kings have big, young players playing than smaller, fatter, older or overpaid players...
I don't think Nolan will score nearly as much as Simmonds but I think at worst Nolan will be a very good 4th liner with his potential maxing out at being exactly what you said in a replacement for Simmonds, which is a great 3rd line player.

CNS is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 07:36 PM
  #154
Duc620
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKingsBlog View Post
Just a quick reminder:

Dwight King still is not good, despite him scoring his first goal. Can we please drop the notion like he is? Thanks.
Who the hell are you? Richie Clune's agent?

Duc620 is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 07:38 PM
  #155
two out of three*
 
two out of three*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Oh. My. God. Who ARE you guys? Dwight King gets a tap-in and all of a sudden he's a LOCK to be in the line up. Stop it. Just stop. He's not a good NHL player, and he won't ever be. Jordan Nolan? Maybe.

But Holy Christ. No, Dwight King is still not good.

two out of three* is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 07:41 PM
  #156
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 8,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKingsBlog View Post
Oh. My. God. Who ARE you guys? Dwight King gets a tap-in and all of a sudden he's a LOCK to be in the line up. Stop it. Just stop. He's not a good NHL player, and he won't ever be. Jordan Nolan? Maybe.

But Holy Christ. No, Dwight King is still not good.
Did King break up with you?

DocWest is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 07:42 PM
  #157
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKingsBlog View Post
Oh. My. God. Who ARE you guys? Dwight King gets a tap-in and all of a sudden he's a LOCK to be in the line up. Stop it. Just stop. He's not a good NHL player, and he won't ever be. Jordan Nolan? Maybe.

But Holy Christ. No, Dwight King is still not good.
Just curious to a few things,

A.) What makes him not good?

B.) How long have you been scouting in the NHL?

sjmay* is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 07:46 PM
  #158
two out of three*
 
two out of three*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Just curious to a few things,

A.) What makes him not good?

B.) How long have you been scouting in the NHL?
A) He's not good because he's terribly slow, cannot keep up with the pace of the game, furthermore, he's only played TWO games this season and was the recipient of a tap-in that even YOU could have buried. One goal does not transform a player into a good player. You know how many players in this league have scored ONE goal in their career? A **** ton.

B.) That typical "HF" question does not discount someone's point. You go ahead and be the one that slots Dwight King in your line up. I'll be the other guy. Have fun golfing.

two out of three* is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 07:48 PM
  #159
two out of three*
 
two out of three*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Did King break up with you?
No, he's just not a good NHL player. Solid chirp, though? Not really.

two out of three* is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 07:51 PM
  #160
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKingsBlog View Post
Oh. My. God. Who ARE you guys? Dwight King gets a tap-in and all of a sudden he's a LOCK to be in the line up. Stop it. Just stop. He's not a good NHL player, and he won't ever be. Jordan Nolan? Maybe.

But Holy Christ. No, Dwight King is still not good.
King looks like he has worked on his game since his cup of coffee last year. Guy is doing more out there than just tapping in gimme's. Will it last, who know's. But I'll give him more of a chance than just giving a blanket "Oh knows he sucks!".

He is by no means a savior but two games is not enough time to declare either way at this point.

Way to come into hfboards and tell everyone what they should know tho.

Knight of the Realm is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 07:53 PM
  #161
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three* View Post
A) He's not good because he's terribly slow, cannot keep up with the pace of the game, furthermore, he's only played TWO games this season and was the recipient of a tap-in that even YOU could have buried. One goal does not transform a player into a good player. You know how many players in this league have scored ONE goal in their career? A **** ton.

B.) That typical "HF" question does not discount someone's point. You go ahead and be the one that slots Dwight King in your line up. I'll be the other guy. Have fun golfing.
I could care less about that tap in,

So...he's not good because he's terribly slow....hmm...have you run that past Luc Robitaille, Brett Hull, I mean...they were terribly slow as well...

Any other reason than..he's slow?

As far as B.) the guy said King would NEVER be an NHL player, I would love to know what credentials he has to back that asinine statement up....

sjmay* is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 07:54 PM
  #162
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,771
vCash: 1027
Meh, no reason to debate it now. King did score 34 in the W though, not half bad and that is not easy. He has a shot.

Live in the Now is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 07:59 PM
  #163
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 8,679
vCash: 500
Why did that dude's name, avatar and post count just completely change? Am I the only one seeing that? Weird.

DocWest is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 08:01 PM
  #164
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!
 
FrozenKing18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 5,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Why did that dude's name, avatar and post count just completely change? Am I the only one seeing that? Weird.
whoa

FrozenKing18 is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 08:01 PM
  #165
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Why did that dude's name, avatar and post count just completely change? Am I the only one seeing that? Weird.

Shellz is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 08:03 PM
  #166
Cruel11
Son, just don't.
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 15,856
vCash: 500
Twitter interview with Richie and he was asked this question. Doubt it happens.

(Good interview, he's a down to earth guy)

Quote:
@MRichie_10 surprising. I'm flooded with this question, so I have to ask. Rumor has Jeff Carter to LA. Thoughts?
by EricGagetweet via twitter 3:35 PM
Quote:
@EricGagetweet i would love to play on same team as Jeff again. He's a great player so hope it works
by MRichie_10 via twitter 3:37 PM

Cruel11 is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 08:05 PM
  #167
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,795
vCash: 500
FYI, Rick Nash was linemates with Mike Richards at the 2010 Winter Olympics (and teammates with Doughty), so there is some familiarity with Nash at the very least.

I'm not a fan of his contract but I've met him and his agent in the past through my work and they're both fun and great guys, Nash is quite humble and low key, much like Joe Thornton who I've also met. He'd never ask to be traded and the only reason why he's signed at such a high cap hit is because it's friggin' Columbus, they had to overpay to keep him locked up long term.

I was originally against it but the more I think of it, it could work. Think of it this way, if the Kings were to sign Gaborik, he'd cost the team $7.5M. Nash is younger and less injury prone and about $300K more. If Gaborik is worth $7.5M, then one could argue that Nash's contract can be justified.

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 08:05 PM
  #168
riznat
Registered User
 
riznat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Why did that dude's name, avatar and post count just completely change? Am I the only one seeing that? Weird.
Saw it too, it was LaKingsBlog or something like that before

riznat is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 08:11 PM
  #169
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,319
vCash: 500
Lol love how the Leaf fans somehow found a way to throw their team in the mix with trades. lol typical.

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 08:11 PM
  #170
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,771
vCash: 1027
Besides a special reason, people are only ever allowed to have one account here.

that's really all I can say. Any further questions, PM me.

Anyhow, back on track...

Live in the Now is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 08:25 PM
  #171
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,002
vCash: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three* View Post
Oh. My. God. Who ARE you guys? Dwight King gets a tap-in and all of a sudden he's a LOCK to be in the line up. Stop it. Just stop. He's not a good NHL player, and he won't ever be. Jordan Nolan? Maybe.

But Holy Christ. No, Dwight King is still not good.
I agree that many of the posters are overreacting about King's one good game but I disagree that he isn't a good player. I'm not saying he's a good player, but rather we haven't seen enough to make a good judgement.

So far, so good is how I see it.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 08:35 PM
  #172
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 11,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Lol love how the Leaf fans somehow found a way to throw their team in the mix with trades. lol typical.
Well according to Burke, they are the center of the hockey universe.

kingsfan28 is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 08:45 PM
  #173
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 18,815
vCash: 863
It may have been the roofie that Face Wash slipped me, but I am now pro-acquiring Nash.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 08:45 PM
  #174
Nose of Sutter
Registered User
 
Nose of Sutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
FYI, Rick Nash was linemates with Mike Richards at the 2010 Winter Olympics (and teammates with Doughty), so there is some familiarity with Nash at the very least.

I'm not a fan of his contract but I've met him and his agent in the past through my work and they're both fun and great guys, Nash is quite humble and low key, much like Joe Thornton who I've also met. He'd never ask to be traded and the only reason why he's signed at such a high cap hit is because it's friggin' Columbus, they had to overpay to keep him locked up long term.

I was originally against it but the more I think of it, it could work. Think of it this way, if the Kings were to sign Gaborik, he'd cost the team $7.5M. Nash is younger and less injury prone and about $300K more. If Gaborik is worth $7.5M, then one could argue that Nash's contract can be justified.

Great post, I'd assume Sutter would try Nash on Kopi's wing first though and kinda like Brown and Richie, if they don't work then switch it up.

Nose of Sutter is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 08:47 PM
  #175
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
It may have been the roofie that Face Wash slipped me, but I am now pro-acquiring Nash.
It will wear off in 24 hours and you will return to your senses.

KINGS17 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.