HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread V

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Johnny Utah

vCash: 500
All summer and year long I hoped that the Kings would give Nolan a shot and that he would prove to be Wayne Simmonds 2.0....So far, in two games, he is not too far off...

Dwight King? Who knows what becomes of him, but like Nolan, with that size, hands, and contract he can't be any WORSE than Penner.

I would rather the Kings have big, young players playing than smaller, fatter, older or overpaid players...

Old
02-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1027
Rookie plays two really good games this season after a bad stint last year.

Scores goal.

Is not good.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:36 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
All summer and year long I hoped that the Kings would give Nolan a shot and that he would prove to be Wayne Simmonds 2.0....So far, in two games, he is not too far off...

Dwight King? Who knows what becomes of him, but like Nolan, with that size, hands, and contract he can't be any WORSE than Penner.

I would rather the Kings have big, young players playing than smaller, fatter, older or overpaid players...
I don't think Nolan will score nearly as much as Simmonds but I think at worst Nolan will be a very good 4th liner with his potential maxing out at being exactly what you said in a replacement for Simmonds, which is a great 3rd line player.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Duc620

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKingsBlog View Post
Just a quick reminder:

Dwight King still is not good, despite him scoring his first goal. Can we please drop the notion like he is? Thanks.
Who the hell are you? Richie Clune's agent?

Old
02-14-2012, 07:38 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Oh. My. God. Who ARE you guys? Dwight King gets a tap-in and all of a sudden he's a LOCK to be in the line up. Stop it. Just stop. He's not a good NHL player, and he won't ever be. Jordan Nolan? Maybe.

But Holy Christ. No, Dwight King is still not good.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:41 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Oh. My. God. Who ARE you guys? Dwight King gets a tap-in and all of a sudden he's a LOCK to be in the line up. Stop it. Just stop. He's not a good NHL player, and he won't ever be. Jordan Nolan? Maybe.

Did King break up with you?

Old
02-14-2012, 07:42 PM
sjmay*

Quote:

Just curious to a few things,

A.) What makes him not good?

B.) How long have you been scouting in the NHL?

Old
02-14-2012, 07:46 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Just curious to a few things,

A.) What makes him not good?

B.) How long have you been scouting in the NHL?
A) He's not good because he's terribly slow, cannot keep up with the pace of the game, furthermore, he's only played TWO games this season and was the recipient of a tap-in that even YOU could have buried. One goal does not transform a player into a good player. You know how many players in this league have scored ONE goal in their career? A **** ton.

B.) That typical "HF" question does not discount someone's point. You go ahead and be the one that slots Dwight King in your line up. I'll be the other guy. Have fun golfing.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:48 PM
two out of three*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Did King break up with you?
No, he's just not a good NHL player. Solid chirp, though? Not really.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:

King looks like he has worked on his game since his cup of coffee last year. Guy is doing more out there than just tapping in gimme's. Will it last, who know's. But I'll give him more of a chance than just giving a blanket "Oh knows he sucks!".

He is by no means a savior but two games is not enough time to declare either way at this point.

Way to come into hfboards and tell everyone what they should know tho.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:53 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three* View Post
A) He's not good because he's terribly slow, cannot keep up with the pace of the game, furthermore, he's only played TWO games this season and was the recipient of a tap-in that even YOU could have buried. One goal does not transform a player into a good player. You know how many players in this league have scored ONE goal in their career? A **** ton.

B.) That typical "HF" question does not discount someone's point. You go ahead and be the one that slots Dwight King in your line up. I'll be the other guy. Have fun golfing.
I could care less about that tap in,

So...he's not good because he's terribly slow....hmm...have you run that past Luc Robitaille, Brett Hull, I mean...they were terribly slow as well...

Any other reason than..he's slow?

As far as B.) the guy said King would NEVER be an NHL player, I would love to know what credentials he has to back that asinine statement up....

Old
02-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Meh, no reason to debate it now. King did score 34 in the W though, not half bad and that is not easy. He has a shot.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:59 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Why did that dude's name, avatar and post count just completely change? Am I the only one seeing that? Weird.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:01 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Why did that dude's name, avatar and post count just completely change? Am I the only one seeing that? Weird.
whoa

Old
02-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Shellz

Quote:

Old
02-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Twitter interview with Richie and he was asked this question. Doubt it happens.

(Good interview, he's a down to earth guy)

Quote:
@MRichie_10 surprising. I'm flooded with this question, so I have to ask. Rumor has Jeff Carter to LA. Thoughts?
by EricGagetweet via twitter 3:35 PM
Quote:
@EricGagetweet i would love to play on same team as Jeff again. He's a great player so hope it works
by MRichie_10 via twitter 3:37 PM

Old
02-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

FYI, Rick Nash was linemates with Mike Richards at the 2010 Winter Olympics (and teammates with Doughty), so there is some familiarity with Nash at the very least.

I'm not a fan of his contract but I've met him and his agent in the past through my work and they're both fun and great guys, Nash is quite humble and low key, much like Joe Thornton who I've also met. He'd never ask to be traded and the only reason why he's signed at such a high cap hit is because it's friggin' Columbus, they had to overpay to keep him locked up long term.

I was originally against it but the more I think of it, it could work. Think of it this way, if the Kings were to sign Gaborik, he'd cost the team $7.5M. Nash is younger and less injury prone and about $300K more. If Gaborik is worth $7.5M, then one could argue that Nash's contract can be justified.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:05 PM
riznat

Quote:
Saw it too, it was LaKingsBlog or something like that before

Old
02-14-2012, 08:11 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Lol love how the Leaf fans somehow found a way to throw their team in the mix with trades. lol typical.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:11 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Besides a special reason, people are only ever allowed to have one account here.

that's really all I can say. Any further questions, PM me.

Anyhow, back on track...

Old
02-14-2012, 08:25 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three* View Post

I agree that many of the posters are overreacting about King's one good game but I disagree that he isn't a good player. I'm not saying he's a good player, but rather we haven't seen enough to make a good judgement.

So far, so good is how I see it.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:35 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Lol love how the Leaf fans somehow found a way to throw their team in the mix with trades. lol typical.
Well according to Burke, they are the center of the hockey universe.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
It may have been the roofie that Face Wash slipped me, but I am now pro-acquiring Nash.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
FYI, Rick Nash was linemates with Mike Richards at the 2010 Winter Olympics (and teammates with Doughty), so there is some familiarity with Nash at the very least.

I'm not a fan of his contract but I've met him and his agent in the past through my work and they're both fun and great guys, Nash is quite humble and low key, much like Joe Thornton who I've also met. He'd never ask to be traded and the only reason why he's signed at such a high cap hit is because it's friggin' Columbus, they had to overpay to keep him locked up long term.

I was originally against it but the more I think of it, it could work. Think of it this way, if the Kings were to sign Gaborik, he'd cost the team $7.5M. Nash is younger and less injury prone and about $300K more. If Gaborik is worth $7.5M, then one could argue that Nash's contract can be justified.

Great post, I'd assume Sutter would try Nash on Kopi's wing first though and kinda like Brown and Richie, if they don't work then switch it up.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:47 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
It may have been the roofie that Face Wash slipped me, but I am now pro-acquiring Nash.
It will wear off in 24 hours and you will return to your senses.

Closed Thread