HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/14 | Boston Bruins vs. New York Rangers: No Love Lost Edition | 7pm | NESN(HD)98.5

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Fischler is an idiot, don't listen to what he says. He's a Rangers/Devils/Islanders MEGA homer.

BTW, any of you guys know what that seal-like noise was about? 'Twas weird.
Actually, Stan hates the Rangers. Now, he's a big booster because he finally weaseled his way onto the Ranger telecasts after a lifetime of being a wannabe. I know Stan and I know his best friend for years. He can't stand me because I see through him like glass.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:08 PM
JeffMangum
mfw Flyers D

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Hey, just kidding.

He said the rangers are the best in the east.
Best in the East? Only the East?

What a homer.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
02-14-2012, 09:09 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
I would be on board with all three of them. Adding Umberger and
Ruutu to Lucic and Marchand would give the other team's D nightmares.
No matter what Bruins do,i can remember last yr praying just let me have this one game 7 one time . Guess I cannot ask for anything more now

Old
02-14-2012, 09:09 PM
bolt thrower
Danke Bomber Harris!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Causeway View Post
I see a 21 year old kid in the middle of his 2nd professional season trying to figure out the NHL game between being benched and shipped down to Providence with the worst timing you could possibly ask for.

He may not be making a case for himself but what where you expecting from him? Atleast enlighten me as to what he did tonight that was so horrible to set you off, because I sure as hell didn't see it.
He did about nothing at all, that's what set me off and it isn't the 1st time he does nothing. He's slow, not great at forchecking, weak along the boards (hasn't won one puck battle tonight), stone hands... need more?

Old
02-14-2012, 09:10 PM
DanceswithBeavers

Absolutely pathetic. We are 2-4 in Feb after a weak January. We have been SHUT OUT 3 of the last 6 games. It's going to take 4 goals to get a win for Three Goal Timmy and who knows how many for Rask. We are under 500 since New Years. Yet I hear people saying these things happen and it's just a slump. I can assure you of 2 things. There is no space ship behind the comet and this team is in serious trouble.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:11 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceswithBeavers View Post
Absolutely pathetic. We are 2-4 in Feb after a weak January. We have been SHUT OUT 3 of the last 6 games. It's going to take 4 goals to get a win for Three Goal Timmy and who knows how many for Rask. We are under 500 since New Years. Yet I hear people saying these things happen and it's just a slump. I can assure you of 2 things. There is no space ship behind the comet and this team is in serious trouble.
Is this your first hockey season?

Old
02-14-2012, 09:12 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
The Rangers gave up NOTHING in the middle of the ice in their defensive zone. I remember when the Bruins played like this, instead we see blown coverage everywhere and odd man rushes.The Bruins have to get back to playing good defence and the goals will come.

Horton being out is obviously having a huge impact, the Bruins only have one line (Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin) who is doing anything and we are thus easier to shut down.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceswithBeavers View Post

Old
02-14-2012, 09:15 PM
ed bruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
The Rangers gave up NOTHING in the middle of the ice in their defensive zone. I remember when the Bruins played like this, instead we see blown coverage everywhere and odd man rushes.The Bruins have to get back to playing good defence and the goals will come.

Horton being out is obviously having a huge impact, the Bruins only have one line (Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin) who is doing anything and we are thus easier to shut down.
yeah agree aside from the Marchand-Bergeron-Sguin line, the other lines dont have enough goal scorers out there.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:17 PM
Sam the Lion
**** the Habs

I would like to have seen Julien pull Thomas after the second goal, although neither were really his fault. Thomas has, honestly, not been 'spit-take otherworldly' of late, and that is his game.
Starting Rask for the 2nd could give Thomas a chance to stew a bit (I'm good with that), and Rask would have a whole intermission's worth of adrenaline to enter a huge game (still close), and possibly emerge with an epic win - and a ton of confidence. Win-win?

There is also this:
If there really is anything to the unfounded 'team disgruntled with Thomas' speculation, it might have immediately been evidenced by an energetic, determined team effort to get Rask the win. Who knows, but it might have been interesting.

Another note.
Rags are relentless in their shot-blocking. With Chara and Boychuk, the B's could have put some real tenderizing on them that could have had significant late-season/Playoffs fruits to bear, as the Rangers suffer the attritive effects of a season of taking close-range bombs to the 'lower-body'.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:17 PM
nonoffensiveusername

Quote:

I think Lucic-Kelly-Peverly has been a good line lately. But Pouliot-Krejci-Caron is just pathetic. And the 4th line is what it is, a good energy line, but not a big goal scoring line. Get Horton back and an extra good line mate for Krecji, things could start to pick up real fast. Also, down with Corvo.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Causeway
Formerly Monti46

Send a message via AIM to Causeway Send a message via Skype™ to Causeway
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolt thrower View Post
He did about nothing at all, that's what set me off and it isn't the 1st time he does nothing. He's slow, not great at forchecking, weak along the boards (hasn't won one puck battle tonight), stone hands... need more?
Your surprised he did nothing on a line with 2 other players in Kelly and Pouliot that have a combined 4 points in the last 17 games, and you're calling out Caron?

Sounds like a kid that isn't ready for the NHL yet, all that can be improved. He's never really had the speed, but he's been known for being a power forward that you don't just step in and figure out right away.

Patience is a virtue my friend.

Old
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
2010 up 3 games to 1 you have to win ONE game. Thomas wasn't in net...
Go back and watch the goal Tuukka gave up after they went up 3-0 in Game 7... If Thomas gave up that goal, at that time, you'd see a video or a photo of it pop up in every one of their arguments. It was bad.

Tuukka was completely spent after game 5, not his fault.

Old
ed bruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonoffensiveusername View Post
I think Lucic-Kelly-Peverly has been a good line lately. But Pouliot-Krejci-Caron is just pathetic. And the 4th line is what it is, a good energy line, but not a big goal scoring line. Get Horton back and an extra good line mate for Krecji, things could start to pick up real fast. Also, down with Corvo.
they have been good but like you said and I agree 100% we need Horton back to provide the Krecji line with a shooting threat

Old
02-14-2012, 09:26 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonoffensiveusername View Post
It's been good, but Kelly has really cooled off since his hot streak. That line while good at times it isn't a consistent threat. Marchand - Bergeron – Seguin created the vast majority of chances tonight.

When we were rolling with
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Lucic - Krejci - Horton

We had two scoring lines as good as anyone in the NHL and team’s had to watch both lines equally. Right now we are a 1-and-a-half line team.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:29 PM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delbert Grady View Post
Another note.
Rags are relentless in their shot-blocking. With Chara and Boychuk, the B's could have put some real tenderizing on them that could have had significant late-season/Playoffs fruits to bear, as the Rangers suffer the attritive effects of a season of taking close-range bombs to the 'lower-body'.
I was thinking the same thing during the game, the Bruins have a couple of the hardest shots in the league, instead of trying to get the puck around and holding back to get fancy Julien should have told these guys to just unload the 108 mph shots and keep doing it all game, make the Rangers fear playing this team a little more

Old
02-14-2012, 09:36 PM
nonoffensiveusername

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
I was thinking the same thing during the game, the Bruins have a couple of the hardest shots in the league, instead of trying to get the puck around and holding back to get fancy Julien should have told these guys to just unload the 108 mph shots and keep doing it all game, make the Rangers fear playing this team a little more
Amen to that. Start breaking some legs with shots. The Rags' defense is WAY to good to do what we've been able to do to other teams much of the season. If its their strategy to put themselves in front of shots so that there's never a good scoring chance, make 'em have to pay a price. The more they're hurting, the less they're going to want to use the 6-man goalie strategy.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:39 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
It's been good, but Kelly has really cooled off since his hot streak. That line while good at times it isn't a consistent threat. Marchand - Bergeron – Seguin created the vast majority of chances tonight.

When we were rolling with
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Lucic - Krejci - Horton

We had two scoring lines as good as anyone in the NHL and team’s had to watch both lines equally. Right now we are a 1-and-a-half line team.
The problem also is by moving Pervs to the 1st line, there is absolutely no goals coming from the 3rd line. The 3rd line is just an average line at best now.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:40 PM
CamFan81
Derp

And the people that were shut down by TT are now seeing their opportunity to take a shot at the guy.
Pathetic

Old
02-14-2012, 09:45 PM
bruinsfan1970
Global Moderator
B's R always Champs!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...9#post44160769