HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gainey's plan for trade...

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Habsology

vCash: 500
Gainey's plan for trade...

Here is a plan :

1-Try to do trade : not working
2-Fire Julien to force player to play harder for some games
3-After they played some good games and increase there value, try to trade them again

Of course he do not fire Julien just to make a better trade. But it could be part of the plan...

Old
01-15-2006, 11:09 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Wow you should be the Habs GM !

Old
01-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Catala

Send a message via MSN to Catala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsology
Here is a plan :

3-After they played some good games and increase there value, try to trade them again

Of course he do not fire Julien just to make a better trade. But it could be part of the plan...
A master plan... muahahahaha (evil laugh)

No more seriously, Julien was fired to send a message to the players that now, they won't have second chances. the boss is behind they have to perform and those who won't will get the door.

Julien paid the price, i wish i knew what was going on in the locker room... Should be interesting.

Old
01-15-2006, 11:42 PM
goalchenyuk

IMO , Julien has lost his team because 3 things ;

He was to severe with the young ; Perezhogin is the best exemple

He was constently changing his lines .Players hated that

He changed his system to play a more safe game. At the start of the season , the team was playing really fast and they were 2 players to forechecked . 2 1 2 systeme . It was keeping the players in their game. Than he changed for a prudent 1-2-2 system , where the players are more giving the ice to the other team .

We saw it yesterday ; they returned to the other system , and were skating fsatly to the d-men of the Sharks .

The players didn't want to played for him because of that .

Old
01-15-2006, 11:48 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsology
Here is a plan :

smart post
And... it could be very possible.

Old
01-16-2006, 11:26 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v

He changed his system to play a more safe game. At the start of the season , the team was playing really fast and they were 2 players to forechecked . 2 1 2 systeme . It was keeping the players in their game. Than he changed for a prudent 1-2-2 system , where the players are more giving the ice to the other team .

We saw it yesterday ; they returned to the other system , and were skating fsatly to the d-men of the Sharks .

I pretty much agree. The most important was the safe game approach. It had the opposite effect and made players more tentative. It just seemed to tell the players that the coaching staff was expecting them to make mistakes and lose games unless they played cautiously. It amounts to saying that the only way to win was to NOT lose, which seemed to devastate the team's overall confidence.

Old
01-16-2006, 11:36 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:

I agree. They went from a speed pressure attack game to lay back disjointed game.

Old
01-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Habsology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab
smart post
And... it could be very possible.
thx

Old
01-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Habsology

Quote:

Good analysis. That is why we were in bad situation. It doesn't mean the plan is wrong. I still think there will be trades.

In fact I hardly see another plan available.

Old
01-16-2006, 08:21 PM
bugs44

no this is the plan when we were playing bad no one wanted our players ,they tried to get them for nothing saying their value is down but now ribeiro scores 3 goals in last 2 games and theodore is playing great i.d tell the other teams who call back now to go play with themselves and call someone else because now it's too late.They weren't there when we needed something done now get lost.

Old
01-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Habsology

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugs44
no this is the plan when we were playing bad no one wanted our players ,they tried to get them for nothing saying their value is down but now ribeiro scores 3 goals in last 2 games and theodore is playing great i.d tell the other teams who call back now to go play with themselves and call someone else because now it's too late.They weren't there when we needed something done now get lost.
I agree to your post except that I would listen when someone call for a trade anytime. And I think that is what BG is doing.

Closed Thread