HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part Three)

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2012, 05:01 PM
trueblue9441

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6net View Post
I believe we won,t have any pre-season games for the next 3 seasons as we will be in Europe which helps if you have STH,s
ive actually heard the rangers arent starting in europe next year pretty recently. ill try and pull up the article, but i think theyre starting out in cali next season

Old
02-14-2012, 05:37 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
ive actually heard the rangers arent starting in europe next year pretty recently. ill try and pull up the article, but i think theyre starting out in cali next season
Yeah it's California then working their way back east to start next year. Believe there will be no Europe games in the NHL next year because of the uncertainty with the CBA. Think it was Brooksie that wrote that.

02-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizMint View Post
Sorta related.... but I was talking with a friend today and do you think Dolan had a hand in lobbying for Metlife stadium to not be a dome? For revenue in the winter for concerts and other shows? Or did we just think to much... or has it been discussed before
As was said before, I highly doubt it. If this was the West Side stadium, then I would assume Dolan/MSG would have had more of a role in preventing a roof being put in place. I doubt they would have cared too much though. The Garden is the Garden. And as was also stated, they're not direct competitors for too many shows/events, as no promoters are going to book an 80,000 seat stadium for a concert that won't draw anywhere near that. If its one that would draw 40k, they would probably look to the area baseball stadiums for that one. They're competitors obviously, but not direct enough for them to care in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Called, and of course they do not have any information. I said to the rep, "I find it hard to believe that the information is going out in less than a month and nothing has been decided." She said, "Oh, I agree, but I haven't been told anything."
For what its worth, that person was probably telling you the complete truth. I've interned with some pro sports teams, one time in a season ticket sales/service department. If the prices aren't finalized, there are frameworks in place obviously. But the people that know it this far in advance (3-4 weeks) are probably only those at the top. I was fortunate enough to have my internship during the new sales/renewal period, so I saw how that kind of a situation played out. The actual reps that will be making the calls for renewals don't know the prices yet. It will likely be conveyed to them before they start to reach out, but its very reasonable that they will not know this individually until as soon as a week before the info is out there. It may be a little sooner, may be a little later, but its a totally realistic time frame on their end. I would bank on the pricing only being in the framework stage at the moment, and not totally finalized. They're probably still gathering responses/feedback from STHs like yourself who have called in, asked, or expressed concern and using it as a means to zero in on their figure. Who knows what kind of a sway it will have, but its definitely something that I'm sure is being noted. Regardless, this isn't information that is distributed all the way down the ladder until its needed to be. When it does, they may keep it internal until everything goes out to the STH, but I would believe them when that rep said they do not know personally.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:19 PM
trueblue9441

thanks for the insight scott.. much appreciated

Old
02-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Scott04

Quote:
thanks for the insight scott.. much appreciated
Any time. From my internships I've met a lot of people in different organizations, and do know some of the sales staff/account execs at MSG in particular. Any time I can defend them or clear up any confusion I try to pitch in or shed some light on whats going on.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:10 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
For what its worth, that person was probably telling you the complete truth. I've interned with some pro sports teams, one time in a season ticket sales/service department. If the prices aren't finalized, there are frameworks in place obviously. But the people that know it this far in advance (3-4 weeks) are probably only those at the top. I was fortunate enough to have my internship during the new sales/renewal period, so I saw how that kind of a situation played out. The actual reps that will be making the calls for renewals don't know the prices yet. It will likely be conveyed to them before they start to reach out, but its very reasonable that they will not know this individually until as soon as a week before the info is out there. It may be a little sooner, may be a little later, but its a totally realistic time frame on their end. I would bank on the pricing only being in the framework stage at the moment, and not totally finalized. They're probably still gathering responses/feedback from STHs like yourself who have called in, asked, or expressed concern and using it as a means to zero in on their figure. Who knows what kind of a sway it will have, but its definitely something that I'm sure is being noted. Regardless, this isn't information that is distributed all the way down the ladder until its needed to be. When it does, they may keep it internal until everything goes out to the STH, but I would believe them when that rep said they do not know personally.
I believe 100% the person with whom I spoke does not have the info. However, I find it hard to believe that the prices aren't done. If they are going to send out in early March, just send out now and give us the info.

Old
02-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I believe 100% the person with whom I spoke does not have the info. However, I find it hard to believe that the prices aren't done. If they are going to send out in early March, just send out now and give us the info.
A lot of it just goes back to internal preparation and coordinating everything before putting it out there. When they do send STHs the renewal information, they want to send everything in one shot (hence the personalized website). If its sent out in bits and pieces (such as pricing now, then 3d seat views, then locations of your "comparable" seats later, etc), then it will get confusing for some. No matter how its done, it is always possible to be confusing for some. But to send everything in one shot makes it easier to use what you receive as a point of reference when asking your rep. That personalized website is designed to be all-inclusive to try to limit that confusion.

If prices came out now, just using that info alone I'm sure a lot of people would have questions of how the x dollar seats compare to their current ones, despite not being in a similar location (focusing on dollar value and not what the sight lines are). Those kind of questions then dip into the relocation aspect of things, which will likely be a huge issue as it is if prices rise as much as some people fear. If the whole thing occurs in one shot, they'll at least be able to handle it appropriately, as opposed to having to tell everyone to wait until the relocation period, or to formally request one when the renewal info is sent out later. Keeps things more streamlined so the questions/complaints/concerns all come in at one time, as opposed to coming out as a response to a snippet of info when it may be answered in part by the full packet of info to be sent out in March.

And on top of that, there is a TON of internal prep going on for this. The goal I'm sure is to make sure every rep has as much info as possible in advance of renewal information going out. It's impossible to be prepared for every single question may come up, but I'm willing to bet there is a significant portion of time devoted to distributing information internally, developing a potential FAQ for reference, and getting the reps the facts so that they can answer questions and help remedy any issues. It's an inexact science, but prep work is huge considering the magnitude of this change. This isn't as simple as it may have been 3-4 years ago where you just had to decide if you wanted to renew with the marginal price increase that I'm sure most locations had. There will likely be a lot of backlash to the change in seat locations/views, and to the price increase so they are going to spend the time to adequately prep for it to avoid a total ****storm where possible.

The people at the Garden really are great at what they do. This is in large part to their diligence in prep for things like this. Even if prices are set, unfortunately its not as simple as just sending them out now. It may make the wait a little longer, but at least it greatly diminishes the chance of talking to someone who seems clueless when you finally do get the info sent to you. Kinda sucks but unfortunately thats the way the business is sometimes.

Old
02-17-2012, 10:25 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 364
So it looks like Dolan was preventing outside access and holding back video and pictures of the renovation because they wanted to make some money off it. They did record a ton of stuff and put together a 5-part TV show about the "Transformation" that airs starting Sunday night on his MSG network

http://www.msgtransformation.com/Cel...ail.aspx?id=65

Old
02-17-2012, 10:41 AM
nyrmetros

Looks like poo.

Old
02-17-2012, 01:15 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Little OT but does it annoy anyone else that the Knicks have $10 season tickets? Everyone's prices were raised this past year for both teams yet those seats stayed at $10 even though it's obvious most of those seats are brokers.

Old
02-17-2012, 01:29 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Little OT but does it annoy anyone else that the Knicks have $10 season tickets? Everyone's prices were raised this past year for both teams yet those seats stayed at $10 even though it's obvious most of those seats are brokers.
They don't REALLY though. There's a few rows in the West 400s that are grandfathered in from many years ago. There is no way, no how, anyone can possible get those seats if they are a new customer. I actually know a guy who has 2 of those full season from way back when

The Knicks keep them around just so they can say their seats start at $10. In reality, there's only a handful of $10 tickets that go on sale individually, and the next cheapest is about $50 bucks. They also use dynamic pricing, so for a Heat or Lakers Game, the cheapest ticket past $10 will be about $140

But the current reality is that most of those seats are now obstructed by the West Balcony overhang, and that there's a chance that the seats are going to be razed in transformation phase II or III

Old
02-17-2012, 01:41 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Sites acting up so I can't quote posts.

I'm just basing it off what I've seen on StubHub. It seems like tickets behind the hoop in the 400's are on StubHub for every game and some of the listings are more than 4 tickets. I just think it's ******** that everyone's prices get jacked up but the $10 stay the same. I'm sure they will be gone next year anyway like you said.

Old
02-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Abooch68

I bought section 345 barstool seats on Stubhub for 64 bucks during last weeks Lakers-Knicks game. Once the Knicks won those tickets shot up and are now almost 180 for those same seats. Crazy..

Old
02-19-2012, 12:24 AM
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.

https://twitter.com/#!/TGfireandice/...77588599586817

https://twitter.com/#!/TGfireandice/...77762088583170

So there is that.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:25 AM
Leetch3

never thought i'd hear this

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice
A Devils' player said today the best 2 ice surfaces he played on this season were in Montreal and Madison Square Garden.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:38 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

does anyone have a link where i can watch the show @ 11? thanks

Old
02-20-2012, 06:34 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
never thought i'd hear this

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice
A Devils' player said today the best 2 ice surfaces he played on this season were in Montreal and Madison Square Garden.
Did they have an AHL call-up that only played road games against the Habs and Rangers?

Old
02-20-2012, 06:02 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

So what happens if the Rangers are in the Cup Finals and they only have like 3 months to do the second bowl?

Old
02-20-2012, 06:03 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
So what happens if the Rangers are in the Cup Finals and they only have like 3 months to do the second bowl?
I think it's safe to say the Rangers won't be home for a while

Old
02-20-2012, 06:32 PM
Stepan2Gaborik

Quote:
Or the Knicks are playing in June..wonder what will happen

Old
02-20-2012, 06:38 PM
trueblue9441

Quote:
its a 20 week shut down no matter what. hank ratner has been quoted as saying this. IF the rangers play into mid june the earliest they could start at home would be the beginning of november

Old
02-20-2012, 07:09 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
its a 20 week shut down no matter what. hank ratner has been quoted as saying this. IF the rangers play into mid june the earliest they could start at home would be the beginning of november
Another thing to consider is I think phase two may be the longest and most complicated of the three phases. They have to deconstruct the 300s and 400s and make the upper bowl steeper plus they have to build the luxury boxes on the 7th floor. I think they're gonna have a lot of problems if one of the Knicks or Rangers make a deep run.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:54 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Another thing to consider is I think phase two may be the longest and most complicated of the three phases. They have to deconstruct the 300s and 400s and make the upper bowl steeper plus they have to build the luxury boxes on the 7th floor. I think they're gonna have a lot of problems if one of the Knicks or Rangers make a deep run.
for some reason i could see 2012-13 season starting 7-10 days later than usual being with the cba and the nhl isn't doing any premiere games in europe next year correct?

Old
02-20-2012, 08:02 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
for some reason i could see 2012-13 season starting 7-10 days later than usual being with the cba and the nhl isn't doing any premiere games in europe next year correct?
Well the premiere games were on the same weekend the season started in North America anyway so that wouldn't have much of an impact. The CBA could wind up causing the season to start later (if at all but hopefully not).

Old
02-20-2012, 08:24 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Well the premiere games were on the same weekend the season started in North America anyway so that wouldn't have much of an impact. The CBA could wind up causing the season to start later (if at all but hopefully not).
oh i thought they canceled it next year completely. regardless lockout (hopefully not) or not i could see them having the season start somewhere between the 12th-15th. which would benefit the rangers, they would start on the west coast trip and come back play some divisional games. by then it should be mid to late november and the garden would be ready to go. just assuming ofcourse.

Closed Thread