Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you??? ANA-CLB

Old
02-14-2012, 10:07 AM
echlfreak

vCash: 500
Would you??? ANA-CLB

Knowing Nash is available as well as Carter. Knowing Teemu could call it a career after this year. Knowing Blakes 4M and Koivu 2.5M contracts are up...etc. And, lastly Yes, Hiller is on top of the world with his game right now.

Would you trade...

Vishnovsky
Hiller
Cogliano
1st Round Pick in 2014 not 2013

for

Nash
Carter

I just love seeing

Perry-Getzlaf-Carter-Perry-Nash all on the same team...they are some of the best power forwards in the game.

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:14 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Columbus wouldn't touch that. Terrible value.

I wouldn't really do it either, leaves no room in the budget to re-sign Getz, Perry and Fowler, no room to get a #1 goaltender to replace Jonas, no money to get a #1 defenceman. And apparently Nash and Carter have some attitude issues, so massive no thanks.

mightyquack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:17 AM
Exit Dose

We're not trading Hiller.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:06 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Hagman-Carter-Nash
Blake-Bonino-DSP
Beleskey-Pelley-Parros

Thats some pretty serious ****. Would never expect CBJ to go for that trade tho.

And I don't really want Nash and Carter...

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:08 PM
JabbaJabba

Hell no. We have some promising forward prospects coming up so no need to get pricey forwards with attitude. Also losing Hiller would be a big mistake.

Columbus doesn't do this either since they lose their offensive fire power and get gamble 1st rounder (impossible to say if it's a high or low pick). Visnovsky would make their defence better but that's it.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:11 PM
DuckJet
Mr. Sexy on Skates

vCash: 69
EWWW no.

Columbus wins that big time and we can't even be sure Nash and Carter will work. And who do you think will play goalie? Dan Ellis? Iiro Tarkki?

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Fighter
Legend

I wouldn't touch Carter, he's a locker room cancer apparently. Nash is too much one dimensional, if I have to trade for a big contract player I'd look elsewhere.

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:18 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

We need more players who show up for 80 games, not fewer. Nash only shows up for Olympics and All-Star games. Carter just doesn't show up.

I'm also not sure what lines you'd expect. Carter and Nash do not work together. I guess you could have Nash-Getz-Perry and xxx-Carter-Ryan.

We are forward-heavy and top-heavy as is. Adding Carter and Nash makes it worse.

You're also giving Columbus pretty bad value for their 2 franchise guys. I think Nash is as much on the block as Getzlaf is on the block. As in it's made up media crap. Although I could see Carter being moved.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Just value wise, not including team needs or salary or anything, The Ducks take this and run so fast that Kenyans would be jealous.

No way the Jackets touch this. Sub Ryan in for Cogs and it is closer in value.

Now taking team needs and salary into account, the Ducks hang up big time.

Assuming Perry and Getzlaf get 7.5 each (wishful thinking) we would have 35 mil tied up in 5 players. Just incase your math is bad, that is 7 mil per person. Thats probably around 65% of our salary tied up in 5 players.

That would leave us with an ECHL team behind them and we would still suck because 4/5 of them are known to be lazy and floaters at times. Which means we would be in last place with a +/- of +100 because we would blow teams out by 10 when they decided to play.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:00 PM
DuckJet
Mr. Sexy on Skates

Hahahaha Nash has firmly stated that he'll veto a trade to a team that is worse than Columbus.

He's trying to publish the shortest book ever written: Nash's List.

Old
02-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
I'm surprised Nash didn't want to go to the AHL

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Paul4587

Neither team touches that deal.

Paul4587 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Theridion

If I was a Duck GM and ran a fantasy league, I'd do that deal.

Vish isn't really performing great, but I think he'll bounce back.
Losing Hiller gives us a big hole.
Cogs + 1st gives... some value back, i guess.

Ducks would end up having to deal Carter or Nash or Ryan for a Goaltender or hope to grab one in the offseason.

So it would basically be Nash or Carter for Vis + 1st... Something like that.

I'd love to see Nash or Carter on the Ducks, but salary just seems to be a big catch. I like the idea that Getz remains the highest payed player on the team... a Lidstrom-like system.

Nash would be a great buddy to hold down the second line with Bobby... but yeah, Ducks aren't going to make a run for either guy, even if they were available... Doesn't make sense anyway.

Theridion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

I would not.

Lord Flashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Jerky Leclerc

Any deal involving Anaheim would include either one or more of Fowler, Sbisa, DSP, Etem, Palmieri and or Schultz. Anaheim would be best to just stay away.

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:24 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Take out Hiller and Carter and you got yourself a deal!

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:18 PM
bumperkisser

LOL to people saying columbus wins.. are you guys serious.. come on.. for 2 top line players you aren't willing to give up a #1 goalie/3rd line winger/debatable top pairing PMD? not to mention AGING

columbus is getting ****ed so hard up the ass its not even funny... just STRICTLY talking about value we better take this and run so far not even satellites could locate us...

however practicality wise and cap wise obviously this is a no go especially for a budget team like ourselves... nash's contract is albatross like and his contract + carter's gives us 0 room for any type of money to be put elsewhere.

however. if its possible you could take this trade and then just flip nash and carter for better assets since they are clearly just basically giving them to us

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:30 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

I'd do it in NHL12, not real life.

Opens up a hole on defense and one of those South American sinkholes at goal.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:35 PM
lumm0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
LOL to people saying columbus wins.. are you guys serious.. come on.. for 2 top line players you aren't willing to give up a #1 goalie/3rd line winger/debatable top pairing PMD? not to mention AGING

columbus is getting ****ed so hard up the ass its not even funny... just STRICTLY talking about value we better take this and run so far not even satellites could locate us...

however practicality wise and cap wise obviously this is a no go especially for a budget team like ourselves... nash's contract is albatross like and his contract + carter's gives us 0 room for any type of money to be put elsewhere.

however. if its possible you could take this trade and then just flip nash and carter for better assets since they are clearly just basically giving them to us
No doubt. It's comical to the point of stupidity that anyone would claim the Ducks wouldn't say yes faster than Courtney Love in front of a bowl of coke.

lumm0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:46 PM
DuckJet
Mr. Sexy on Skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumm0x View Post
No doubt. It's comical to the point of stupidity that anyone would claim the Ducks wouldn't say yes faster than Courtney Love in front of a bowl of coke.
Hahahaha okay.

Locker room cancer+ no starting goalie is SO great for us.

Plus let's not forget the two 7 million dollar contracts we get in exchange. Add that to Bobby's 5.4 million and then add THAT to the potential 7 million Perry and Getzlaf would fetch and that's a potential of 34 million tied up in 5 players. Oh and add the potential 4 million Fowler is probably going to make and that's 38 million tied up in 6 million. With a self imposed cap of 56 million. That leaves 18 million to pay 17 other players. That's an average of 1.05 million for each of the remaining players.

Yeah...

Anaheim wins BIG time. I'm sure Murray would jump on that without a second thought.

Last edited by DuckJet: 02-14-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old
02-14-2012, 11:30 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Hahahaha okay.

Locker room cancer+ no starting goalie is SO great for us.

Plus let's not forget the two 7 million dollar contracts we get in exchange. Add that to Bobby's 5.4 million and then add THAT to the potential 7 million Perry and Getzlaf would fetch and that's a potential of 34 million tied up in 5 players. Oh and add the potential 4 million Fowler is probably going to make and that's 38 million tied up in 6 million. With a self imposed cap of 56 million. That leaves 18 million to pay 17 other players. That's an average of 1.05 million for each of the remaining players.

Yeah...

Anaheim wins BIG time. I'm sure Murray would jump on that without a second thought.

thats why i said STRICTLY VALUE WISE... and then i said not practical but if we can flip them for better assets why not?

NASH goes for a 1st, top 6 forward and top prospect AT LEAST
flip carter to the canucks/bruins for rask/schneider +...

we'd have so much more depth and skill in our lineup..

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:36 PM
DuckJet
Mr. Sexy on Skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
thats why i said STRICTLY VALUE WISE... and then i said not practical but if we can flip them for better assets why not?

NASH goes for a 1st, top 6 forward and top prospect AT LEAST
flip carter to the canucks/bruins for rask/schneider +...

we'd have so much more depth and skill in our lineup..
I didn't reply to you.

I replied to the guy who thinks Murray would say yes faster than C.Love being offered coke for free.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:31 AM
echlfreak

was Carter a cancer in Philly or just CLB??? Honestly can't blame Carter for being a little pissed. He signed a long term deal to play for a cup contender year in year out. In a city that he loved and teammates that he loved. He gets traded to the worst team in the league and everyone expects him to be happy just because he gets paid 5M+

If you are the highest paid teacher at a nice private school and get re-located to the ghetto should you still be just as happy just because you make good money??? They are real people too...and a lot younger than most of us!!!

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:19 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

There's a better chance of me winning the lottery then that trade happening. It doesn't make sense on a number of levels.

Nash definitely will not interest Murray. IMO, he's not as good as Getz and Perry, and his salary is way too much for us. Carter's contract probably eliminates the chances of him coming here as well, but he is at least a possibility, although a slim one.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:30 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumm0x View Post
Lol @ not knowing the budget situation. No #1 dmen or #1 goalie. Sounds like fun bro.

You can have a great forward line up but **** defence + **** goaltending means your basically in the same situation as now.

mightyquack is online now   Reply With Quote