HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread V

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2012, 08:48 PM
bobafettish*

vCash: 500
i wont go as far as to say king and nolan are good. what i will say is that they have had as much of an impact in those two games as stoll and penner all season.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:58 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
i wont go as far as to say king and nolan are good. what i will say is that they have had as much of an impact in those two games as stoll and penner all season.
I totally agree there. It's a bit much to say that both are "good," but their performance in those games has been very encouraging and I prefer the lineup with them in it over Stoll and Penner.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Knight of the Realm
Heart & Soul

I want Nash in LA. My hopes are officially up.

Bernier + JJ + Stoll(Salary) + Vey/Weal/#1 for Nash

Penner Kopi Williams
Nash Richards Brown (Think Richards is a better set up man)
King Loktionov Nolan
Clifford Lewis Richardson
Westgarth
Fraser

Hunter(waive)
Gagne(see yah next season, hopefully)

DD Mitchell
Suderi Voynov
Greene Martinez
DD44

(Maybe pick up a D vet or backup goalie)

Old
02-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Nose of Sutter

All I hope with the Nash situation is that we don't give up Brown unless both Nash and Carter are coming back and that we send one or both of Stoll and Penner back to the Jackets.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:05 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie to Brownie View Post
All I hope with the Nash situation is that we don't give up Brown unless both Nash and Carter are coming back and that we send one or both of Stoll and Penner back to the Jackets.
Brown isn't going to get traded for Nash. It makes no sense to trade a 25 goal scorer for a 35 goal scorer and also having to add Bernier +

Besides, Nash has a big contract and that will count against his value.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
It will wear off in 24 hours and you will return to your senses.
We know Parise or any other big name free agent will sign here.

If would rather have Carter than Nash. He is 300k more thab Gaborik. He is healthy. He is coming from hell on earth and will do great playing with Kopitar. We haven't had a sniper since Palffy or Robitaille. He has size. He has never taken my lunch money, and it's only 6 more years.
I want Nash over Carter.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:19 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post

If would rather have Carter than Nash. He is 300k more thab Gaborik. He is healthy. He is coming from hell on earth and will do great playing with Kopitar. We haven't had a sniper since Palffy or Robitaille. He has size. He has never taken my lunch money, and it's only 6 more years.
I want Nash over Carter.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:20 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:

I want Nash over Carter.
Nash's cap 7.8M
Carter's cap 5.27M

You still want Nash over Carter?

Last edited by HYORI 1963: 02-14-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old
02-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Nash makes 7.8M
Carter makes 5.27M

You still want Nash over Carter?
Carter is a center. Nash has more talent, a better attitude, is lower risk, healthier, on a shorter contract, and better at dominoes.

We need natural wings and not 5 number one centers.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:28 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Carter is a center. Nash has more talent, a better attitude, is lower risk, healthier, on a shorter contract, and better at dominoes.

We need natural wings and not 5 number one centers.
Carter's a better scorer, saves us 2.5M in cap and a better beer ponger.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Carter's a better scorer, saves us 2.5M in cap and a better beer ponger.
But Carter has never been a tertiary piece on an Olympic Gold winning squad. Nash has.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:35 PM
funky

Core

Kopitar = #1 Center, PPG Player = 6.8 m
Richards = #2 Center, Shutdown = 5.75 m
Nash = Power forward and sniper = 7.8 m
Doughty = puck moving Dman = 7.0 m
Quick = AllStar, All world goalie = 5.5 m- taking a guess here

Total = 32 million and missing the shutdown dman

Lets spread this out

Line 1 = Kopitar, Nash, Williams = 18.25
Line 2 = Richards, Gagne, Brown = 12.425
Line 3 = Gaustad, Clifford, Richardson = 4.55 (guessing at 2.5 M for Gaustad)
Line 4 = Lewis, Westgarth, Nolan = 2.00

Forwards = 37 to 38 mil

Doughty + Mitchell = 10.5
Voynov + Scuderi = 4.3
Greene + Martinez = 3.65
Drewiske =.7

Defense = 18.5 to 19.5

Quick = 5.5
Backup = 1.0

Goalies = 6.5

Total 62 to 64 mil

future ways to cut some fat off the contract.

Mitchell walks and Muzzin steps in
Greene is traded and Muzzin steps in
Quick gives a big hometown discount
Substitute Nash for Carter and save 2.5 mil a year

Now I took a few gambles, 1 is getting Quick at 5.5.

The other is Gaustad at 2.5. This is a guy we need. He is defensively responsible, can pot a few and is a big body to put up against top line centers taking some of the taxing play off Kopitar and Richards and letting them consentrate on offense.

The last is hoping Mitchell re-ups at the same price.

Now in the next few years the cap may also rise and with that the players on shorter term contracts can be re-signed to the same contracts or slight raises.

The thing I like about Nash is he opens up room on the ice for others to operate. He also is a hybrid sniper/power forward when on his game and has speed. He is everything we lack. Would also be a huge boost to the power play.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:36 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
But Carter has never been a tertiary piece on an Olympic Gold winning squad. Nash has.
What part of Carter's a better beerponger did you not understand?

Old
02-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

Way way back Jeff is related to Jimmy Carter. That can't fly here.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Poor JJ... I'm ok including him in a Nash deal, but I feel bad that he would sign a seven year extension only to have to spend those years in Columbus.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:16 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
Poor JJ... I'm ok including him in a Nash deal, but I feel bad that he would sign a seven year extension only to have to spend those years in Columbus.
Don't sweat it, he's got a sweet red ferrari to cruise around downtown C-bus.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:30 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Reading through the posts made me laugh. King is just fine at what he does and IS an NHL caliber player. Nobody has said that he is going to be the savior of the world that leads us to the promised land but he is just fine at what he does so far.

Anyone claiming to know without a doubt that King will or won't make it in the NHL after 8 games is either a wizard or delusional. Give the kid his 20 games before we anoint him or call him the devil...seesh.

Looks better this cup of tea than he did in his first call up. The or TONS of players who came up once and didn't look any good at all and then went back to the minors, worked on their games and were allot better the next time they got a chance.

Some of them have even made it stick for a little while and some of them made careers out of it.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Just thinking out loud, but I'm wondering if the delay in making the Willie Mitchell re-signing official is Lombardi waiting to see how their salary structure will be after he makes some additions to the roster.

If they bring in a hefty contract, I'm not sure the Kings could afford to retain Mitchell at his current price, especially if it for longer than one year, seeing how Quick is due for a significant raise in 2013.

I also think that the Kings will and should replace the likes of Hunter, maybe Fraser and Richardson (who is dead weight and a waste of cap space at this point) with more tenacious players like Jordan Nolan, Dwight King, Marc-Andre Cliche, or Andy Andreoff. It makes dollars and sense for them to improve the top nine with external additions and improve the fourth line internally.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Just thinking out loud, but I'm wondering if the delay in making the Willie Mitchell re-signing official is Lombardi waiting to see how their salary structure will be after he makes some additions to the roster.
I was just about to post this. That would have been done already if something wasn't up or a big move wasn't at least being entertained.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:00 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

Quote:

If they bring in a hefty contract, I'm not sure the Kings could afford to retain Mitchell at his current price, especially if it for longer than one year, seeing how Quick is due for a significant raise in 2013.

I also think that the Kings will and should replace the likes of Hunter, maybe Fraser and Richardson (who is dead weight and a waste of cap space at this point) with more tenacious players like Jordan Nolan, Dwight King, Marc-Andre Cliche, or Andy Andreoff. It makes dollars and sense for them to improve the top nine with external additions and improve the fourth line internally.
I like all this, but the Fraser part. I like the tenacity he brings. I am pro- Frasier.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
I was just about to post this. That would have been done already if something wasn't up or a big move wasn't at least being entertained.
I think they did this with the Williams extension last year too.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:08 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Those who like Nolan like me will like Andy A too. The other thing that gets left behind when considering why we should be bringing up our kids (who are ready) is that it sends two very important messages. The first being that it says out loud that when you work your tail off down on the farm and do everything that is asked of you that you will get your shot at the NHL. The second is that it fulfills the purpose of having such a solid scouting and development department by advancing the kids onto the NHL.

It lets everyone know that there is not only confidence in our selections but that they produce results.

Accountability, that sort of thing.

We all talk about wanting out players to have it and plenty of people around here are fast to call out DL for it and in this one instance it is perfectly correct to do so I think.

As an org by bringing up kids (which we have done consistently for the past two years anyways) we are being accountable to our scouting dept as well as our prospects and showing our fans that the org is producing results at each level.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:18 PM
deeshamrock

Code:
Twitter interview with Richie and he was asked this question. Doubt it happens.

(Good interview, he's a down to earth guy)
It was a good interview, and he seemed like he had fun answering the fans questions . It's nice he still loves to support the local sports teams (Lakers, Clippers this winter) he did that in Philly, they'd always show him courtside at hte 76ers or a big 5 college game. Eagles when he could, and Phillies.
The whole interview is here:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/...richards_gage/

Good news that Richie will be the next player featured on NHL 36. Neat to see him interacting with his teammates and following him around tomorrow thru the Yotes game. Guess it'll be on later this month.

Carter or Nash? Nash is an elite winger, which they need but Carter is cheaper (even tho he's not a winger and doesn't like playing there, I guess to be back with Richie he'd get used to it)

Bob McKenzie seems to think it will cost the team trading for Nash a lot. So it's not likely Penner or Hunter...a columbus blogger about a weeki ago posted he heard DL was talking to Howson in late November for Nash and gave him players, but Howson wanted JJ and DL pulled back.

Nash and Sanford were the players coming to LA and he heard the last offer DL made was three Kings and a pick.

Hawks lost their 9th in a row tonight, I wonder if they'll make a trade...

Old
02-15-2012, 12:49 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
I find it comical how cap obsessed everyone is. Get the guy, then worry about. Worked for CHI a few years ago, Philadelphia got to the Finals doing that, Boston had issues and solved them...all have recovered quite nicely. And the Kings probably WILL NOT have to worry as much as they did.
It works for a few teams, but not for all. Ask Columbus.

To not worry about the cap is bass ackward. The cap limits what you can spend, you of course worry about it. I'm so glad you are not the GM of this team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
so he piggy backs off other people.
That's Dreger, and that's why i don't care for him. he's like the news anchor on the 6:00 news, repeating information that has been gathered by others during the day.

Quote:
FYI, Rick Nash was linemates with Mike Richards at the 2010 Winter Olympics (and teammates with Doughty), so there is some familiarity with Nash at the very least.

I'm not a fan of his contract but I've met him and his agent in the past through my work and they're both fun and great guys, Nash is quite humble and low key, much like Joe Thornton who I've also met. He'd never ask to be traded and the only reason why he's signed at such a high cap hit is because it's friggin' Columbus, they had to overpay to keep him locked up long term.

I was originally against it but the more I think of it, it could work. Think of it this way, if the Kings were to sign Gaborik, he'd cost the team $7.5M. Nash is younger and less injury prone and about $300K more. If Gaborik is worth $7.5M, then one could argue that Nash's contract can be justified.
I don't care why he's overpaid, Nash is overpaid, period.

And there is two huge differences between paying Gaborik $7.5 million and Nash $7.8 million; Gaborik's contract is over about five eyars before Nash's is, and a UFA Gaborik doesn't cost the Kings JMFJ, Bernier and what could be a lot more on top of that.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:50 AM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Code:
Twitter interview with Richie and he was asked this question. Doubt it happens.

(Good interview, he's a down to earth guy)
It was a good interview, and he seemed like he had fun answering the fans questions . It's nice he still loves to support the local sports teams (Lakers, Clippers this winter) he did that in Philly, they'd always show him courtside at hte 76ers or a big 5 college game. Eagles when he could, and Phillies.
The whole interview is here:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/...richards_gage/
LOL. "Have you.ever bumped perks off a hockey stick? & if so what curve was it?" Someone was sleeping on the moderation...

Closed Thread