HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kyle Palmieri to Pittsburgh

Old
02-14-2012, 11:48 PM
SEALBound

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Almost goal per game player at the AHL level means the Pens would have to give up Despres ++ ?

Wow.
I know, right?

Palmieri + Getzlaf

for

Staal + Despres + Kennedy

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:54 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
I didn't actually, but nice try. I'll gladly keep the defenseman that proves he belongs in the NHL and is sent down to develop further because the team is stacked on defense, vs the kid that is putting up good numbers in the AHL but hasn't proved anything at the NHL level yet in 21 games. Unless I understood the opposite, that AHL numbers are superior to NHL performance...in that case, I have a new found respect for Lerg.
Quote:
If Shero is going to give up Despres for Palmieri, it'd be Palmieri ++.
This is just childish.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:54 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Right, he's not. But given the type of player he is, he wouldn't be able to crack the 3rd line?
He probably could, but Anaheim's 3rd line has been pretty good this season. It makes more sense to give him bigger minutes in the AHL. Palmieri will get his opportunity next season.

There's a difference between not being able to crack the NHL, and feeling it's better for his development to keep him in the AHL. Anaheim likes the kid. They think he has a future in the NHL. They aren't going to want to give him up freely. If you want him, you need to accept that you might need to give up something you don't want. That's how it works.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:55 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
At 20, Despres played like he belonged in the NHL, if we're gushing about a 21yr old and his numbers at the AHL level, why not when a player at 20 is exceeding expectations during a call-up to the NHL?

There is a difference. If Tangradi's AHL numbers meant he could do that in the NHL, he'd be in the top 6 and I wouldn't have a massive migraine from conversing with Bennrocks about Morrow.
Tangradi
AHL: 34 GP 15G 14A 29 pts PPG .86
NHL: 14 GP 0G 0A 0 pts

Palmieri
AHL: 30 GP 26G 14A 40 pts PPG 1.33 (guess the GPG is lower since I last checked)
NHL: 11 GP 1G 1A 2 pts (mostly on the third and 4th line)

One of these is not like the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
I know, right?

Palmieri + Getzlaf

for

Murray would probably ignore calls from Pittsburgh for a whole year.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Exit Dose

Quote:
I know, right?

Palmieri + Getzlaf

for

Easy no.

Old
Honour Over Glory

What was Devante's upside before this season began, close to Palmieri's? He cracked the Ducks 3rd line didn't he? Isn't he younger as well?

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:57 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
What was Devante's upside before this season began, close to Palmieri's? He cracked the Ducks 3rd line didn't he? Isn't he younger as well?
DSP was expected to fill an energy role.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:58 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

Quote:
What a retarded comparison. You clearly have very low knowledge of the Ducks.

Smith-Pelly wasn't kept for his offensive contributions. He was brought in to provide defense, energy, and grit. If any Ducks fan fooled you into thinking otherwise, you were pretty badly mis-informed.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:59 PM
Unholy

Quote:
DSP plays well for that bottom six role. Palmieri does not and keeping him playing low minutes would just be absurd when he can play in the AHL for the rest of the season.

02-15-2012, 12:00 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Physical defensive forward. In other words, a third-liner.

Last edited by SnS: 02-15-2012 at 12:13 AM. Reason: No.
Old
02-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
DSP is 6' 211# and projects as a 3rd line grinder with 2nd line upside.
Palmieri is listed at an exceedingly generous 5'11" 193# and is expected to BE a 2nd line player.

Which one sounds like a better choice for an energy line player to you?

Other than proving you've never actually watched the Ducks what is your point here?

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:11 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
DSP is 6' 211# and projects as a 3rd line grinder with 2nd line upside.
Palmieri is listed at an exceedingly generous 5'11" 193# and is expected to BE a 2nd line player.

Which one sounds like a better choice for an energy line player to you?

Other than proving you've never actually watched the Ducks what is your point here?
I have seen the Ducks play, what I haven't seen is the Ducks AHL affiliate play. I mean if you are going to insult me about Palmieri, pick the right team and you are right, I don't watch many AHL games besides WBS play.

I get that Palmieri has the 2nd line potential, but at this point it is potential and putting up solid numbers in the AHL is pretty impressive, but so is being called up to the NHL and proving you belong, at 20yrs old at a position that also a lot harder to hide your deficiencies.

I don't see Shero moving Despres for Palmieri, probably works best for both fan bases to just realize that.

Didn't mean to offend anyone btw.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:16 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

Quote:
I have seen the Ducks play, what I haven't seen is the Ducks AHL affiliate play. I mean if you are going to insult me about Palmieri, pick the right team and you are right, I don't watch many AHL games besides WBS play.

I get that Palmieri has the 2nd line potential, but at this point it is potential and putting up solid numbers in the AHL is pretty impressive, but so is being called up to the NHL and proving you belong, at 20yrs old at a position that also a lot harder to hide your deficiencies.

I don't see Shero moving Despres for Palmieri, probably works best for both fan bases to just realize that.

That's the asking price + from Murray. Bank on it. So we can wrap this up and say it's not happening.

(and Palmieri is putting up those numbers on one of the AHL's worst teams)

Old
02-15-2012, 12:19 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:

I'm not insulting you about Palmieri, I'm questioning why you would imply that a top 6 prospect being played on the 4th line is nothing special because a much larger rookie played on the 3rd line in his proper position. It's an irrelevant point to this discussion and you should have known that if you've followed the Ducks, indicating either you HAVEN'T much watched the Ducks or you're trying to create a strawman argument.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:42 AM
SEALBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Easy no.
Now you know how Pens fans feel when you talk about Despres.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:48 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Now you know how Pens fans feel when you talk about Despres.
This thread was started by a Penguins fan. We said that is the level of prospect we'd want in return. No one in this thread has said Despres is a bad prospect. We have said that we'd prefer a center prospect at that level. A different Pens fan chimed in and said Despres, the player we didn't make an offer on, would cost us Palmieri++, to which one of our fans responded that we'd want Despres++; admittedly, I think he was just trying to get the other guy's goat. You follow?

Old
02-15-2012, 01:00 AM
Elever
Hth

I don't think Tangradi is close to Palmieri tbh. More likely thing to happen would be if Crosby returns to 100% healthy a year+ from now and they trade Palmieri in a package deal for Jordan Staal.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:20 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
This thread was started by a Penguins fan. We said that is the level of prospect we'd want in return. No one in this thread has said Despres is a bad prospect. We have said that we'd prefer a center prospect at that level. A different Pens fan chimed in and said Despres, the player we didn't make an offer on, would cost us Palmieri++, to which one of our fans responded that we'd want Despres++; admittedly, I think he was just trying to get the other guy's goat. You follow?
Sort of what I was doing. Personally this is what I'd do, but I meant it because I couldn't believe that to get Despres it's going to cost us Palmieri ++. Otherwise I would've kept my mouth shut.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:23 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
I don't think Tangradi is close to Palmieri tbh. More likely thing to happen would be if Crosby returns to 100% healthy a year+ from now and they trade Palmieri in a package deal for Jordan Staal.
Not likely. If the Pens are going to move Staal to the Ducks, the Pens would probably be asking for an established top 6 player in return, why would Shero move an establish player for a "maybe' in Palmieri? Potential is great, but a contender doesn't move a player that helps you win championships for a potential prospects.

I mean if that's the case, we might as well just wait for Bennett who is likely jumping to the AHL next year, all Shero would need to do then is either sign a UFA for a year or maybe convert Staal to a winger for the top 6.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:29 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Not likely. If the Pens are going to move Staal to the Ducks, the Pens would probably be asking for an established top 6 player in return, why would Shero move an establish player for a "maybe' in Palmieri? Potential is great, but a contender doesn't move a player that helps you win championships for a potential prospects.

I mean if that's the case, we might as well just wait for Bennett who is likely jumping to the AHL next year, all Shero would need to do then is either sign a UFA for a year or maybe convert Staal to a winger for the top 6.
I think he meant that you'd try to pick him up in a year or so, when presumably Palmieri has graduated to a full-time NHL job.

Old
02-15-2012, 02:05 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
I know, right?

Palmieri + Getzlaf

for

no thanks not even for getzy straight up

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:50 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Prospect rushed to NHL puts up bad numbers = bad player

Prospect kept down in AHL to develop which has been successful for players like Getz, Perry, Ryan in the past and current prospect has put up great numbers = Bad player

We'll just keep him thanks.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Rush519

Palmeri + Blake + 2nd rounder

=

Staal

Blake has been good enough since he has been back for a spot in pittsburgs top six and Palmeri is a stud prospect and the second is for blake age.

Rush519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 08:01 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush519 View Post
Palmeri + Blake + 2nd rounder

=

Staal

Blake has been good enough since he has been back for a spot in pittsburgs top six and Palmeri is a stud prospect and the second is for blake age.
Pittsburgh aren't going to trade Staal while Crosby is up in the air and when they are a contender. They'd be looking for immediate help.

Value really isn't there anyway IMO

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 09:14 AM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
Despres, and that's about it. Or something with Staal

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote