HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bachleor's Night

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2012, 10:25 PM
  #151
DarthYenik
Registered User
 
DarthYenik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
I think this is proof we don't need DuckJet
I think this is proof that we should procrastinate on the GDT until half-way through the first period.

DarthYenik is online now  
Old
02-14-2012, 10:29 PM
  #152
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!
 
KelVarnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mission Viejo
Country: United States
Posts: 3,723
vCash: 500
Just finished watching game after work. Man I was sweating bullets there for a while. Glad the boys got the win. Tough game tomorrow.

KelVarnsen is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 10:35 PM
  #153
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,877
vCash: 500
8 out of the playoffs with game in hand.
10 out of 6th with game in hand.
.....no longer a lottery team.

It sucks that Pittsburgh is the game in hand, but lets go Ducks!

Ducks DVM is online now  
Old
02-14-2012, 10:39 PM
  #154
DuckJet
I love Monabae
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 40,402
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
I think this is proof we don't need DuckJet

DuckJet is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 10:53 PM
  #155
ninetynine*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Behind you...
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
I think this is proof Parros is still a beast.

ninetynine* is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:01 PM
  #156
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,877
vCash: 500
Selanne only had 13:27 TOI - I missed a lot of the game - was he injured?

Ducks DVM is online now  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:02 PM
  #157
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia
 
TheFlyingV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Ducks are 2-0 when I sleep all afternoon long.

TheFlyingV is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:08 PM
  #158
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
Ducks are 2-0 when I sleep all afternoon long.
Where should we have your Lunesta shipped to?

Exit Dose is online now  
Old
02-15-2012, 12:31 AM
  #159
bumperkisser
Registered User
 
bumperkisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Selanne only had 13:27 TOI - I missed a lot of the game - was he injured?
not that i know of.. in the 3rd period hagman took his spot.. it was

blake-getzlaf-perry
ryan-koivu-hagman
belesky-bonino-cogs
4th line

i donno if he was injured or not cause no1 said anything.. i think he just got benched for a bit... he was still out there on the PP's so i assume hes fine.. just got benched.. honestly hes been pretty terrible for awhile now

bumperkisser is online now  
Old
02-15-2012, 12:36 AM
  #160
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
not that i know of.. in the 3rd period hagman took his spot.. it was

blake-getzlaf-perry
ryan-koivu-hagman
belesky-bonino-cogs
4th line

i donno if he was injured or not cause no1 said anything.. i think he just got benched for a bit... he was still out there on the PP's so i assume hes fine.. just got benched.. honestly hes been pretty terrible for awhile now
I thought he was one of the best players on the ice the previous two games.

Ducks DVM is online now  
Old
02-15-2012, 12:50 AM
  #161
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
I thought he was one of the best players on the ice the previous two games.
Not tonight, though.

Exit Dose is online now  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:00 AM
  #162
Fuzzy Bunny
Registered User
 
Fuzzy Bunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,148
vCash: 500
When you're on a road trip like this you might want to be cautious with his old legs. Especially with back-to-back games. Could also be hurt, or have some sort of illness. What and see how it plays out tomorrow.

Fuzzy Bunny is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:03 AM
  #163
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post

Either way, you might be one of 5 hockey fans who think Sbisa is better than Fowler. And four of them are Sbisa's parents and friends.
Wow, can you be any more ignorant?
Every one who watches Ducks games knows that Sbisa is playing a better hockey right now than Fowler. NOT in terms of potential/ceiling, but he's more effective in the O and D part of the game.
I find it amusing how some of you still think his maximum reach is a 3rd / 4rd D, although he's already playing like that as a 21yo.
Especially if these people think Fowler will somehow turn into a 2nd Scotty, but Sbisa is too limited to become any better.

Btw, I feel like having this discussion for the 100th time so I'll try to not take it any further. Only future will tell and I'm very excited to see how these great young Dmen will turn out.


Last edited by swissexpert: 02-15-2012 at 01:34 AM.
swissexpert is online now  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:13 AM
  #164
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu
 
duckaroosky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 25,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissexpert View Post
Wow, can you be any more ignorant?
Every one who watches Ducks games sees that Sbisa is playing a better hockey right now than Fowler. Not in terms of potential/ceiling, but he's more effective in the O and D part of the game.
I find it amusing how some of you still think his maximum reach is a 3rd / 4rd D, although he already plays like this as a 21yo.
Especially if these people think Fowler will somehow turn into a 2nd Scotty, but Sbisa is too limited to become any better.
I think they're both great defensemen... Sbisa has been coming around the last 20 or so games offensively. Fowler has faltered at times but doesn't seem bothered by it and keeps in the play which shows his maturity.

They're neck and neck IMO. Can't really be too upset with someone saying one is better than the other because they both seem like above average defensemen for their age.

duckaroosky is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:17 AM
  #165
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu
 
duckaroosky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 25,102
vCash: 500
Btw... that will be my only post that's on topic and actually about hockey for the year so you people should print it out and frame it.

duckaroosky is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:17 AM
  #166
James Franco
Registered User
 
James Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,806
vCash: 500
made this at a [7]

James Franco is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:52 AM
  #167
Paul4587
Moderator
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 15,073
vCash: 500
We managed a win in spite of our woeful PP, too bad they couldn't take any of the momentum from the Columbus game. Perry & Hiller were awesome, Hagman had a strong game as well. I don't know what Beleskey is doing in the top 9 over Hagman and why he was on the 2nd PP unit when we have much better options.

I still can't believe people are trying to put up the argument that Sbisa is better than Fowler. Sbisa is red hot and Fowler is slumping at the moment yet Fowler is consistently being given more ice time than Sbisa. There's a reason for that, Fowler is simply put a much better hockey player, he always has been and likely always will be, his hockey IQ will make sure of that.

Paul4587 is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:59 AM
  #168
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
I thought he was one of the best players on the ice the previous two games.
Selanne had picked it up past few games, but yeah he was pretty god awful tonight. I just watched the game and IMO he wasn't just bad at ES, but on the PP as well. His turnover during the double minor killed it IMO. Gotta give props to BB for benching him though, not many coaches have the balls to bench an icon. I'm still not a big fan of that 2nd line though.

Top line was beast. Perry and Getz were monsters, especially Perry. Hiller was great as well.

I've been super impressed with Pelley lately. He's upped his physical game past 5-10 games and it's made him much more effective then he was.

I still want to see Bonino and Selanne on a line together. Third line was pretty good, but I still don't think Ryan is a good fit with Selanne. However, I've been very impressed with Blake while he's been up there. It's suprising because I didn't think he'd be a good fit, but his forechecking has done wonders for that line.

Blake-Getzlaf-Perry
Hagman/Cogliano-Koivu-Ryan
Hagman/Cogliano-Bonino-Selanne
Beleskey-Pelley-Parros

Big questions is: Do Ducks try Hiller again tomorrow, or give him a break?

Duck Off is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 02:00 AM
  #169
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
We managed a win in spite of our woeful PP, too bad they couldn't take any of the momentum from the Columbus game. Perry & Hiller were awesome, Hagman had a strong game as well. I don't know what Beleskey is doing in the top 9 over Hagman and why he was on the 2nd PP unit when we have much better options.

I still can't believe people are trying to put up the argument that Sbisa is better than Fowler. Sbisa is red hot and Fowler is slumping at the moment yet Fowler is consistently being given more ice time than Sbisa. There's a reason for that, Fowler is simply put a much better hockey player, he always has been and likely always will be, his hockey IQ will make sure of that.
Yeah Hagman was solid. Props to the guy for giving it his all, even when stuck on the 4th line. Agreed about Beleskey as well.

Duck Off is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 02:12 AM
  #170
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 26,497
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissexpert View Post
Wow, can you be any more ignorant?
Every one who watches Ducks games knows that Sbisa is playing a better hockey right now than Fowler. NOT in terms of potential/ceiling, but he's more effective in the O and D part of the game.
I find it amusing how some of you still think his maximum reach is a 3rd / 4rd D, although he's already playing like that as a 21yo.
Especially if these people think Fowler will somehow turn into a 2nd Scotty, but Sbisa is too limited to become any better.

Btw, I feel like having this discussion for the 100th time so I'll try to not take it any further. Only future will tell and I'm very excited to see how these great young Dmen will turn out.
I think you're generalizing things a bit too much, or putting too much emphasis into stats.

Cam Fowler has the greater responsibility of the two. He's getting 1st pairing minutes, seeing the tougher match-ups, and looks like he has been asked to put a greater focus on defense. On top of that, Fowler has become Boudreau's top puck-mover, and was in that same role when Carlyle left. Furthermore, Fowler is expected to create the offense on his pairing, and consequently he's also the guy opposing teams key on. He's the go-to guy, where Sbisa has Visnovsky to lean on offensively, and Lubo is the focus of that pairing.

Sbisa has taken big steps this season, and I think he's playing some of his best hockey... but Fowler started this season as our best defenseman. Not the hottest, or the one with the most potential, but the best. He has already shown the ability to take over games, and dictate the flow, which is a skill we have never seen from Sbisa. If you want to know a big reason why Fowler is seen to have #1 potential while Sbisa doesn't, that's it right there. Sbisa is more of a complementary player. A talented one, no doubt, but he just doesn't have the same upside.

Fowler has had his struggles this season, but he's shown more often than not that he deserves the responsibility he's getting. With young players, though, that kind of responsibility means you can expect more mistakes, and those mistakes can hurt more. That's just the nature of the game. When you're thrown into the deep end, sometimes you're going to flounder a bit. It doesn't get much deeper than top pairing responsibility.

The only area Sbisa has a significant edge over Fowler right now is in the physicality department. He's the more physically mature of the two, and his game utilizes that aspect more. That also makes him better equpped to handle the rigors of the NHL right now. Defensively, they are a lot closer than I think you realize, though Sbisa's physical edge certainly adds something to his defensive play, and offensively Fowler just does more. He's more creative offensively, makes better passes, sees the ice better, and just seems to think the game faster than most.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 02:15 AM
  #171
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,877
vCash: 500
The best thing about Blake on the top line? Instead of cycling it 30 times behind the goal he says nope and chucks it back to the point. Accurately.

Agreed on Hagman. Nothing but respect for the guy.

Ducks DVM is online now  
Old
02-15-2012, 02:25 AM
  #172
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
The best thing about Blake on the top line? Instead of cycling it 30 times behind the goal he says nope and chucks it back to the point. Accurately.

Agreed on Hagman. Nothing but respect for the guy.
His forechecking made that line click tonight. He opened up a lot of lanes for the twins and they were pretty dominate. Both had several great chances.

Duck Off is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 02:31 AM
  #173
DuckJet
I love Monabae
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 40,402
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissexpert View Post
Wow, can you be any more ignorant?
Every one who watches Ducks games knows that Sbisa is playing a better hockey right now than Fowler. NOT in terms of potential/ceiling, but he's more effective in the O and D part of the game.
I find it amusing how some of you still think his maximum reach is a 3rd / 4rd D, although he's already playing like that as a 21yo.
Especially if these people think Fowler will somehow turn into a 2nd Scotty, but Sbisa is too limited to become any better.

Btw, I feel like having this discussion for the 100th time so I'll try to not take it any further. Only future will tell and I'm very excited to see how these great young Dmen will turn out.
I'm just going to ignore the fact that as a guy who named himself a Swiss Expert, you have natural bias toward's swiss born players.

When did I say that Sbisa can ONLY be a 3rd or 4th? I said that's his safe plateau. His ceiling is a first pairing defender and I have maintained that stance since we received him from Philadelphia. If you wanna go Hardy Boys on me and research all my posts about Sbisa, you will see that I have always said this in his defense. Obviously at age 21 he has the potential to get better.

Fowler has the higher upside and I have no bias here. If I'm running a team and an expansion draft causes me to pick between Fowler and Sbisa, I pick Fowler without even a second thought. He's 20 years old and playing on our first pairing and matching up against the league's top forwards every night. Obviously there are going to be mistakes there, and with the RPG line (who he is iced with for the most part) and the PP struggling so much, it's not a big surprise that his numbers have declined a bit. He's also focusing on defense more. Sbisa got burned 4 times tonight. Fowler only got burned once and he still recovered in time to take away the scoring chance. And he singlehandedly prevented a 2 on one.

You can make the case that Fowler has STILL had the better year. Sbisa HAS been more solid. But his recently inflated numbers are a direct result of his new partner. Anyone playing with Lubo is going to have more points. You think Lydman having career point totals last year was some kind of offensive revelation on his part? No. Not really.

But I'd agree that overall, in light of Fowler's growing pains, Sbisa has taken the reins and run with them, and I'm very happy with his improvement. They're both, as you said, very talented defensemen and the future looks bright with them as well as Schultz and Vatanen coming over.

DuckJet is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 02:32 AM
  #174
DuckJet
I love Monabae
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 40,402
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
His forechecking made that line click tonight. He opened up a lot of lanes for the twins and they were pretty dominate. Both had several great chances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
The best thing about Blake on the top line? Instead of cycling it 30 times behind the goal he says nope and chucks it back to the point. Accurately.

Agreed on Hagman. Nothing but respect for the guy.
Am I the only one who DIDN'T like Blake on the first line? He was muscled off the puck so many times I lost count. At one point he was literally pressured from the faceoff dot all the way outside the blue line and he didn't even try to get a pass away. I liked Hagman on the top line more.

DuckJet is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 02:34 AM
  #175
Markus078
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Austria
Posts: 924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I think you're generalizing things a bit too much, or putting too much emphasis into stats.

Cam Fowler has the greater responsibility of the two. He's getting 1st pairing minutes, seeing the tougher match-ups, and looks like he has been asked to put a greater focus on defense. On top of that, Fowler has become Boudreau's top puck-mover, and was in that same role when Carlyle left. Furthermore, Fowler is expected to create the offense on his pairing, and consequently he's also the guy opposing teams key on. He's the go-to guy, where Sbisa has Visnovsky to lean on offensively, and Lubo is the focus of that pairing.
Totaly agree but would you "downgrade" Beauchemin? Sbisa is more or less at the same role on his pairing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Sbisa has taken big steps this season, and I think he's playing some of his best hockey... but Fowler started this season as our best defenseman. Not the hottest, or the one with the most potential, but the best. He has already shown the ability to take over games, and dictate the flow, which is a skill we have never seen from Sbisa. If you want to know a big reason why Fowler is seen to have #1 potential while Sbisa doesn't, that's it right there. Sbisa is more of a complementary player. A talented one, no doubt, but he just doesn't have the same upside.
Agreed on #1, Fowler is a prototype of player for the #1 role in the new NHL. Sbisa, well I would not call it complementary player. His type of player enables the play of the offensive guys. I said it several times, Sbisa is destinated to play with Justin Schultz imho. Upsidewise, well, it depends on what you look at. Adam Foote upside? I would take this kind of player every second. You just need those players to win. Fowler has the abity to set the pace of the game, Sbisa has the ability to break the pace of the opponents game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Fowler has had his struggles this season, but he's shown more often than not that he deserves the responsibility he's getting. With young players, though, that kind of responsibility means you can expect more mistakes, and those mistakes can hurt more. That's just the nature of the game. When you're thrown into the deep end, sometimes you're going to flounder a bit. It doesn't get much deeper than top pairing responsibility.
I think Fowler is playing a great season. Last year was spectacular but ever player of his age playing the way he does is great. Not many out there who can do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
The only area Sbisa has a significant edge over Fowler right now is in the physicality department. He's the more physically mature of the two, and his game utilizes that aspect more. That also makes him better equpped to handle the rigors of the NHL right now. Defensively, they are a lot closer than I think you realize, though Sbisa's physical edge certainly adds something to his defensive play, and offensively Fowler just does more. He's more creative offensively, makes better passes, sees the ice better, and just seems to think the game faster than most.
Nothing more to add . I also believe that Sbisa has way more upside defensivly due to his physical abilities.

Markus078 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.