HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 8.0 "NHL 12 reigns supreme!"

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2012, 06:48 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
There were rumors of Rangers interest in Derick Brassard earlier in the season. Everyone assumes the interest is in Nash/Carter, but it could be someone like Brassard.

With Anisimov playing well on the wing, it could make sense if his trade value is low.

Anisimov. Stepan. Gaborik
Hagelin. Richards. Callahan
Dubinsky. Brassard. Michell/Fedotenko
Rupp. Boyle. Prust

We know Sather likes to buy low on talent and see if they break out here.

EDIT:

Just to expand on that...

Former first rounder. 24. Hasn't reached his potential. Skilled player. Playmaker primarily.

Buying low on players like that is a Sather type move.

Everyone knows what Nash is about, if the Rangers have had a lot of scouts watching the Blue Jackets lately, maybe they'd be looking harder at a player less known like this.

Just speculation on my part.

But I can't see the Rangers pulling any blockbuster deal right now.

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 02-15-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Old
02-15-2012, 07:03 AM
Vitto79

Brassard adds salary for the next few yrs though...............I wont be surprised of they were scouting Vinny and now he's off the market

Pahlsson for Zuccarello is a good deal for both teams. CLB gets a guy they can put right into the lineup and Rangers get a faceoff C/rental

I dont mind losing Zuke as much since he signed here as a UFA. so Rangers keep from moving a pick for a rental

Old
02-15-2012, 07:04 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger

Early morning news, Marek Zidlicky has agreed to waive no-trade to go to New Jersey. Doesn't mean deal is done. Still some work to do.
good move for the Debbies, there D stinks, may as well take a chance........also good for my fantasy value on Zidlicky

Old
02-15-2012, 07:11 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Brassard adds salary for the next few yrs though...............I wont be surprised of they were scouting Vinny and now he's off the market

Pahlsson for Zuccarello is a good deal for both teams. CLB gets a guy they can put right into the lineup and Rangers get a faceoff C/rental

I dont mind losing Zuke as much since he signed here as a UFA. so Rangers keep from moving a pick for a rental
It is true, but, you'd have to figure it would be a salary swap and a change of scenery type move.

Wolski + something small like a mid level prospect or middle round pick.

Zuccarello possibly.

Wolski = 3.8 | 25 years old
Brassard = 3.2 | 24 years old

Old
02-15-2012, 07:15 AM
Dorado*

NJD ARE DANGEROUS AND ROLLING . ELIAS , Ilya , Zach and Sykora and Henrique all major scoring threats. They are poised to make a major run . Hopefully Zidlicky is a major bust for them and causes their roll to slow . Getting out of the East ia not going to be easy . NJD / PITT are as dangerous as anyone IMO

Old
02-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
It is true, but, you'd have to figure it would be a salary swap and a change of scenery type move.

Wolski + something small like a mid level prospect or middle round pick.

Zuccarello possibly.

Wolski = 3.8 | 25 years old
Brassard = 3.2 | 24 years old
it fits on the cap but most here are against adding salary and rather wait to see what happens with Parise............or just go with Kreider next yr to fill a spot

is Brassard good in the faceoff circle?

Old
02-15-2012, 07:29 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
it fits on the cap but most here are against adding salary and rather wait to see what happens with Parise............or just go with Kreider next yr to fill a spot

is Brassard good in the faceoff circle?
Well, we could still add Kreider.

I think Parise is a pipe dream anyway. I don't see him as a fit financially. While others may, I don't buy it. No one knows what the new CBA and looming lockout holds in store.

I honestly couldn't tell you if he's good at faceoffs. I do believe he can play the wing as well, though. I don't know a whole heck of a lot about the player. But, that's also kind of the point. You have to scout these players a lot, which would make sense of all the hub blub about Rangers scouts being at Blue Jackets games. To get a feel on who they may be able to buy low.

Its just a thought. Im not on any crusade to get Brassard. But it seems like a Sather type move.

Wolski, Zherdev, Lisin...so on.

Wolski + Zuccarello + 2nd/3rd

Old
02-15-2012, 07:32 AM
Vitto79

Quote:

I think Parise is a pipe dream anyway. I don't see him as a fit financially. While others may, I don't buy it. No one knows what the new CBA and looming lockout holds in store.

I honestly couldn't tell you if he's good at faceoffs. I do believe he can play the wing as well, though. I don't know a whole heck of a lot about the player. But, that's also kind of the point. You have to scout these players a lot, which would make sense of all the hub blub about Rangers scouts being at Blue Jackets games. To get a feel on who they may be able to buy low.

Its just a thought. Im not on any crusade to get Brassard. But it seems like a Sather type move.

stranger things have happened and I agree Parise is a pipe Dream..........with that they could add a guy with a contract for next yr as it simply replaces Wolski and they should still have enough to sign Prust, DZ, Biron to deals

I do think if Sather makes a move for salary though its for a bigger name like a Roy or Visnovsky

Old
02-15-2012, 07:54 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Caps have young goalies. Neuvirth and Holtby. The two Columbus scouts following the Rangers were in DC on Monday for Sharks-Caps. They brought up Holtby to play in that game. George McPhee wants to change his roster. The Caps scouts have been following Columbus. Nash to Washington makes sense. Semin won't be re-signed. The Caps have the assets to make that trade. Dale Hunter likes the Ontario boys. Hunter may or may not be back next season.

Old
02-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:

That ship has sailed. Brassard was a buy-low scenario early in the year and everyone said he was trash. Now he's finding his game again and has looked very good as of late.

Old
02-15-2012, 08:12 AM
MSG the place to be*

Signing Nash to his contract would be a terrible decision (hypothetically). Giving up our best assets in a trade for him would be 100x worse.

Stop listening to the casual hockey fan who gets attracted to big names. These people have no idea what makes this team tick or the cap structure of our team. Let me show you the light.

Old
02-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

I doubt the Caps are on Nash's short list. Doesn't scream winning culture to me.
Talented, absolutely but I've been saying for years they're not a "team" that's why they've never scared me. It's also why they can't get passed the ECQF.

Old
02-15-2012, 08:49 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Give me Gaustad and a vet upgrade over Eminger on D and I'll be happy.

Old
02-15-2012, 08:54 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Give me Gaustad and a vet upgrade over Eminger on D and I'll be happy.
Kubina and Moen/Gaustad and I am totally good.

Old
02-15-2012, 09:45 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Has Arrived View Post
As great as Nash is, I just can't see Sather and co. messing with the team's chemistry at this point. I think we'll chase after Ryan Smyth a bit, maybe even Selanne, but nothing that will take significant core players off of our team. Certain prospects (Thomas, Erixon), players (Wolski, Zucc), and picks will be dangled to bring in a solid vet, but nothing that will tear the current roster apart.
It should be expected Erixon, who might have been top 10ish had he come out when we dealt for him, probably has more long term value than to deal him short before his potential is fully recognized. That, plus the stunt he pulled to get here, and almost without exception he ain't going anywhere, and in most cases shouldn't be moved.

Old
02-15-2012, 09:48 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I was talking about possibly going after Parise this summer, as the Devils are somewhere at or near bankruptcy and still have 13 years left on that albatross contract they gave to Kovy.
Wolski, Avery, Woywitka, Feds come off the books, Drury's buyout decreases. Give raises to Prust and Biron, keep Mitchell for a slight increase. I don't know all the numbers, as I am not really into them, but it seems as though Sather will have something to work with.
Assuming this is true, what would the market be for Larsson, and should we be cognizant now of a play for him later (also what would the cost be)/

correction: meant to highlight other phrase in that sentence.

Last edited by bernmeister: 02-15-2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: error correction
Old
02-15-2012, 09:56 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
Why on earth would we trade Girardi he plays 30+ minutes night? Sauer cannot be count on for major minutes from year to year he is fragile as hell.
Because, as specified in the post, the upgrade would be Weber, a stud who play most of the 25+ DG typically plays.

While totally different style players, on D arguably Girardi + Weber are both very effective; hairs need not be split.

But on offense its obviously different. Weber = legit power play effectiveness because of shot from the point.

That alone is reason to deal, unless asking price w/DG is too high.
There is the hope Preds will want to recover cap and pitch Suter early and hard, w/decent chance to re-sign if space is there. That would give them reason to consider moving Weber...

Old
02-15-2012, 09:59 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Right now who wouldn't want to play for the Rangers. Team looks great and is built to last with the homegrown core.

All these trade ideas are interesting. i think my fave would be snagging Selanne at the deadline for picks and 2nd tier prospects. Keeps the core in tact, the chemistry won't be at risk by adding an elite scoring vet who's job is clearly defined as a playoff run rental. After the parade he can retire a champ or go back ton the Ducksies.

02-15-2012, 10:01 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Meh, i doubt it. I think the plan for next year would be for the spot to be filled by Sauer and/or Erixon, with an outside chance of McIlrath competing for a spot. Bickel is your depth guy. Eh, maybe you still bring Eminger back for extra depth. For this year, they're fine with what they got.

Oh, and I'd be surprised to see the Rangers take another forward in the first round.
I too connect those dots. My ? is unless you consider depth paramount, could we get a worthwhile return of 3/4 for 1 (with possible added pieces both sides, cap, etc.).

IF All 4 Eminger Bickel Wovwitka Stalman were on the table, what 1 upgrade at D do we get?

Expect NYR to bpa

Old
02-15-2012, 10:02 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Because, as specified in the post, the upgrade would be Weber, a stud who play most of the 25+ DG typically plays.

While totally different style players, on D arguably Girardi + Weber are both very effective; hairs need not be split.

But on offense its obviously different. Weber = legit power play effectiveness because of shot from the point.

That alone is reason to deal, unless asking price w/DG is too high.
There is the hope Preds will want to recover cap and pitch Suter early and hard, w/decent chance to re-sign if space is there. That would give them reason to consider moving Weber...
Zero chance the Rangers trade Dan Girardi. That is a move that would seriously mess with the identity and chemistry in the room. Unless it's for Chara it ain't happening. Even then Sather would have to think hard.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:07 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
id love Knuble but how is his skating at his age?? he was never a good skater but always knew how to be in front of the net. he is 39 years old though. so maybe he can be the Mark Recchi type on the Rangers if they trade for him. he used to play for the Rangers before dealt for nothing to the Bruins and scored alot of goals for them.. always liked him. won a cup with the Wings as a young player...very underrated.

maybe Knuble for Bourque and (conditional 4th if resigns with Rangers)
Make that a 6th instead of 4th and I'm good with that.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:11 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Zero chance the Rangers trade Dan Girardi. That is a move that would seriously mess with the identity and chemistry in the room. Unless it's for Chara it ain't happening. Even then Sather would have to think hard.
So you'd consider Chara, but not Weber?

Old
02-15-2012, 10:16 AM
bernmeister

Tuomo Ruutu now injured could be a bargain.

It's understood he's a rental.
Trade him for a conditional 6th, assuming he plays any games for Rangers. We only have to have him on cap for end of year, send other salary over for balance.

Then we upgrade the pick IF depending upon availability + results he warrants it.
Then we upgrade again, IF we offer him to sign here and he does.

This almost can't go wrong, we're buying very very low, and even if a bust because injury is more serious, it's only at worst a 6th if he plays a game or two and isn't worth it.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Rust Heisenberg

The way we're going now, I don' think it would be too far fetched to say that we're staying pat at this deadline. I think we'll go hard after Kreider once his season is over. He might be our upgrade at the end of the season, if he goes to the AHL first and dominates then I wouldn't be surprised to see him up at some point during our own playoffs...

Old
02-15-2012, 10:26 AM
Ke11y96

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
The way we're going now, I don' think it would be too far fetched to say that we're staying pat at this deadline. I think we'll go hard after Kreider once his season is over. He might be our upgrade at the end of the season, if he goes to the AHL first and dominates then I wouldn't be surprised to see him up at some point during our own playoffs...
Doesn't that burn a year of his ELC? If it does I doubt they do it rather burn a year off his ELC by actually playing a full year.

Closed Thread