HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[Feb. 13] Ian Schultz sent back to Hamilton

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2012, 12:53 PM
  #601
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,119
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
600 posts about Ian ****ing Schultz.
Actually this topic started with the Ryan White conditioning stint demotion. The mods have just been updating the title when there's a new recall/assignment because we're awesome like that.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:54 PM
  #602
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,877
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
How dare people criticize the person in charge of a team that will finish in the bottom 5 of the league.

Blasphemy.
how dare people overreact like irrational moron.

what coldplay said

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:15 PM
  #603
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,140
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Actually this topic started with the Ryan White conditioning stint demotion. The mods have just been updating the title when there's a new recall/assignment because we're awesome like that.
I followed everything until you said you were awesome.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:16 PM
  #604
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I followed everything until you said you were awesome.
You wouldn't know anything about that. Coincidentally (), the awesomeness started just after you left. Curious...

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:17 PM
  #605
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,140
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You wouldn't know anything about that. Coincidentally (), the awesomeness started just after you left. Curious...
We lost a good mod after my time, so I will reject that notion very easily.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:28 PM
  #606
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Probably best for Schultz to not be in the line up tomorrow if people's expectations were that he was going to handling the likes of Lucic and Thornton...
Damn, some hockey fans and our management dont get it. Never will until we have complete change at GM.

Its NOT about someone on this team "handling" Lucic or Thornton. No, its about someone standing up to Lucic or Thornton....win or lose.

No one on Buffalo could handle Lucic or Thornton. But they stood up to them and beat them.

And as far as the whining about this thread getting so many responses, this is evidence that this team needs to be tougher and people realize that. Not the Gauthier/pacifist apologists, but people who understand the game of hockey and how its played in almost all cities except for Montreal.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 03:32 PM
  #607
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Can't wait to see Palushaj tomorrow against the Bruins ! I really don't want to miss that. This guy will make this game so entertaining to watch.

Last night the Carolina Hurricanes (one of the softest team in the NHL) bullied us. It was very embarrassing. Anthony Stewart want to drop his gloves, and you have nobody to face him ?? What a joke.

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 03:35 PM
  #608
charlie
Registered User
 
charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,261
vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Can't wait to see Palushaj tomorrow against the Bruins ! I really don't want to miss that. This guy will make this game so entertaining to watch.

Last night the Carolina Hurricanes (one of the softest team in the NHL) bullied us. It was very embarrassing. Anthony Stewart want to drop his gloves, and you have nobody to face him ?? What a joke.
Im hoping this is the last year of that embarassment. Please.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 03:43 PM
  #609
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Can't wait to see Palushaj tomorrow against the Bruins ! I really don't want to miss that. This guy will make this game so entertaining to watch.

Last night the Carolina Hurricanes (one of the softest team in the NHL) bullied us. It was very embarrassing. Anthony Stewart want to drop his gloves, and you have nobody to face him ?? What a joke.
If anything Tony was pissed at being bullied by Emelin. He nearly landed on his head. Then DD was after figure skating smurf Skinner.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 03:44 PM
  #610
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Damn, some hockey fans and our management dont get it. Never will until we have complete change at GM.

Its NOT about someone on this team "handling" Lucic or Thornton. No, its about someone standing up to Lucic or Thornton....win or lose.

No one on Buffalo could handle Lucic or Thornton. But they stood up to them and beat them.

And as far as the whining about this thread getting so many responses, this is evidence that this team needs to be tougher and people realize that. Not the Gauthier/pacifist apologists, but people who understand the game of hockey and how its played in almost all cities except for Montreal.
Moen "handled" Thornton last time, but he'll probably not play. I'd like to see big Hal Gill go apre**** and cave in Lucic's face.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:00 PM
  #611
Mynameismark*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Moen "handled" Thornton last time, but he'll probably not play. I'd like to see big Hal Gill go apre**** and cave in Lucic's face.
Gill? He's soft as butter.

Guy couldn;'t even take a guy a foot smaller than him in Rypien. Looch would have his way with anyone on our roster, but the thing is all I am asking for is guys who will for once finally stand the **** up!!

Tired of the floating pacifists who do nothing on the ice. Palushaj and enqvist get so many chances yet they suck and haven;t done a damn thing. Give a physical guy the chance to show his worth, because his worth is a damn sight more than those two softies.

Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:47 PM
  #612
Face81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
So you call him up, he's like HELL YEAH IMMA PLAY IN THE NHL!!, and you send him back down. That's just mean

Face81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:50 PM
  #613
Issacar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
I'm pretty sure he'll be "**** YEAH!!" when he cashes in 5,000$ simply for being called up.

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:51 PM
  #614
Face81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
I'm pretty sure he'll be "**** YEAH!!" when he cashes in 5,000$ simply for being called up.
Doesn't he have to PLAY a game?

Face81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:53 PM
  #615
Issacar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
If he would of played a game, he would of made more then only 5,000$. But making 5,000$ to watch a hockey game is what 2,500$/hour? Pretty good rate to be paid at!

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:53 PM
  #616
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face81 View Post
So you call him up, he's like HELL YEAH IMMA PLAY IN THE NHL!!, and you send him back down. That's just mean
He's what 21 years old? They basically told him ''you're next in line''. Schultz being called up was one small step forward for his NHL career even if he didn't play.

FlyingKostitsyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 05:05 PM
  #617
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,545
vCash: 500
At least, we know that this organisation has Schultz in their plans for the Futur and he's the next call-up.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 06:40 PM
  #618
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Lucic and Thornton are not scared anymore because Schultz was sent back........
Instead, we'll let Subban and Plekanec fight their battle.

Schultz is not the end of all, but I would have liked to see him in the line-up against the Bruins, perhaps for Gomez. Then put White instead of Palushaj or Darche. While those two won't scare anyone, they will at least be willing to do the dirty work instead of letting the Bruins pull a Mike Brown on Subban.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:36 PM
  #619
brokentwigg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
Gill? He's soft as butter.

Guy couldn;'t even take a guy a foot smaller than him in Rypien. Looch would have his way with anyone on our roster, but the thing is all I am asking for is guys who will for once finally stand the **** up!!

Tired of the floating pacifists who do nothing on the ice. Palushaj and enqvist get so many chances yet they suck and haven;t done a damn thing. Give a physical guy the chance to show his worth, because his worth is a damn sight more than those two softies.
How and the heck do you expect Engqvist to do anything with 4 minutes of icetime?? Again I will say it....he has been the most consistent player in Hamilton this season...even moreso then the Darling Leblanc....Engqvist is getting quality minutes in the AHL and absolutely nothing with the HABS!!!! He needs to start taking chances with the Habs...whats the worst that can happen....getting benched??? Not like he is getting any icetime anyway!! I would put he and Palushaj together as they have good chemistry at the AHL level.....and that doesn't mean they are the second coming of Cournoyer/Lafleur!!

brokentwigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:38 PM
  #620
brokentwigg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Instead, we'll let Subban and Plekanec fight their battle.

Schultz is not the end of all, but I would have liked to see him in the line-up against the Bruins, perhaps for Gomez. Then put White instead of Palushaj or Darche. While those two won't scare anyone, they will at least be willing to do the dirty work instead of letting the Bruins pull a Mike Brown on Subban.
Subban aint fighting anyone unless he sees the name on the back of the sweater...and even then....he will turtle!!

Should've claimed Colton Orr off waivers from the Leafs!!! 1 million and he would definitely open up things a little.....even though I detest the guy!!

brokentwigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:58 PM
  #621
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokentwigg View Post
Subban aint fighting anyone unless he sees the name on the back of the sweater...and even then....he will turtle!!

Should've claimed Colton Orr off waivers from the Leafs!!! 1 million and he would definitely open up things a little.....even though I detest the guy!!
Yeah, subban hasn't fought anyone face to face

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:50 PM
  #622
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokentwigg View Post
Subban aint fighting anyone unless he sees the name on the back of the sweater...and even then....he will turtle!!
Uhhhh?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:00 AM
  #623
Paddyjack
Registered User
 
Paddyjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Small question: Hockey db lists Schultz as "no longer on active roster" for both Habs and Dogs. Is it simply because he is going back down, or something else is going on?

Paddyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:34 AM
  #624
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
He's what 21 years old? They basically told him ''you're next in line''. Schultz being called up was one small step forward for his NHL career even if he didn't play.
It's still ridiculously dumb to send him down BEFORE a game against Boston. At least give him a chance to see where he's at in his development and where he stands against NHL tough guys, then send him back!

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:46 AM
  #625
euphrates
Registered User
 
euphrates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal East
Country: Canada
Posts: 583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddyjack View Post
Small question: Hockey db lists Schultz as "no longer on active roster" for both Habs and Dogs. Is it simply because he is going back down, or something else is going on?
the asterix is only on the habs not the bulldogs so he is still on the bulldogs roster

euphrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.