HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[Feb. 13] Ian Schultz sent back to Hamilton

Old
02-14-2012, 12:53 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
600 posts about Ian ****ing Schultz.
Actually this topic started with the Ryan White conditioning stint demotion. The mods have just been updating the title when there's a new recall/assignment because we're awesome like that.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:54 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
How dare people criticize the person in charge of a team that will finish in the bottom 5 of the league.

Blasphemy.
how dare people overreact like irrational moron.

what coldplay said

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:15 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Actually this topic started with the Ryan White conditioning stint demotion. The mods have just been updating the title when there's a new recall/assignment because we're awesome like that.
I followed everything until you said you were awesome.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:16 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I followed everything until you said you were awesome.
You wouldn't know anything about that. Coincidentally (), the awesomeness started just after you left. Curious...

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:17 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You wouldn't know anything about that. Coincidentally (), the awesomeness started just after you left. Curious...
We lost a good mod after my time, so I will reject that notion very easily.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:28 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Probably best for Schultz to not be in the line up tomorrow if people's expectations were that he was going to handling the likes of Lucic and Thornton...
Damn, some hockey fans and our management dont get it. Never will until we have complete change at GM.

Its NOT about someone on this team "handling" Lucic or Thornton. No, its about someone standing up to Lucic or Thornton....win or lose.

No one on Buffalo could handle Lucic or Thornton. But they stood up to them and beat them.

And as far as the whining about this thread getting so many responses, this is evidence that this team needs to be tougher and people realize that. Not the Gauthier/pacifist apologists, but people who understand the game of hockey and how its played in almost all cities except for Montreal.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Aurel Joliat

Can't wait to see Palushaj tomorrow against the Bruins ! I really don't want to miss that. This guy will make this game so entertaining to watch.

Last night the Carolina Hurricanes (one of the softest team in the NHL) bullied us. It was very embarrassing. Anthony Stewart want to drop his gloves, and you have nobody to face him ?? What a joke.

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 03:35 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Can't wait to see Palushaj tomorrow against the Bruins ! I really don't want to miss that. This guy will make this game so entertaining to watch.

Last night the Carolina Hurricanes (one of the softest team in the NHL) bullied us. It was very embarrassing. Anthony Stewart want to drop his gloves, and you have nobody to face him ?? What a joke.
Im hoping this is the last year of that embarassment. Please.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post

If anything Tony was pissed at being bullied by Emelin. He nearly landed on his head. Then DD was after figure skating smurf Skinner.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Damn, some hockey fans and our management dont get it. Never will until we have complete change at GM.

Its NOT about someone on this team "handling" Lucic or Thornton. No, its about someone standing up to Lucic or Thornton....win or lose.

No one on Buffalo could handle Lucic or Thornton. But they stood up to them and beat them.

And as far as the whining about this thread getting so many responses, this is evidence that this team needs to be tougher and people realize that. Not the Gauthier/pacifist apologists, but people who understand the game of hockey and how its played in almost all cities except for Montreal.
Moen "handled" Thornton last time, but he'll probably not play. I'd like to see big Hal Gill go apre**** and cave in Lucic's face.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Mynameismark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Moen "handled" Thornton last time, but he'll probably not play. I'd like to see big Hal Gill go apre**** and cave in Lucic's face.
Gill? He's soft as butter.

Guy couldn;'t even take a guy a foot smaller than him in Rypien. Looch would have his way with anyone on our roster, but the thing is all I am asking for is guys who will for once finally stand the **** up!!

Tired of the floating pacifists who do nothing on the ice. Palushaj and enqvist get so many chances yet they suck and haven;t done a damn thing. Give a physical guy the chance to show his worth, because his worth is a damn sight more than those two softies.

Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Face81

So you call him up, he's like HELL YEAH IMMA PLAY IN THE NHL!!, and you send him back down. That's just mean

Face81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Issacar

I'm pretty sure he'll be "**** YEAH!!" when he cashes in 5,000$ simply for being called up.

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Face81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
I'm pretty sure he'll be "**** YEAH!!" when he cashes in 5,000$ simply for being called up.
Doesn't he have to PLAY a game?

Face81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Issacar

If he would of played a game, he would of made more then only 5,000$. But making 5,000$ to watch a hockey game is what 2,500$/hour? Pretty good rate to be paid at!

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:53 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face81 View Post
So you call him up, he's like HELL YEAH IMMA PLAY IN THE NHL!!, and you send him back down. That's just mean
He's what 21 years old? They basically told him ''you're next in line''. Schultz being called up was one small step forward for his NHL career even if he didn't play.

FlyingKostitsyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

At least, we know that this organisation has Schultz in their plans for the Futur and he's the next call-up.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 06:40 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Lucic and Thornton are not scared anymore because Schultz was sent back........
Instead, we'll let Subban and Plekanec fight their battle.

Schultz is not the end of all, but I would have liked to see him in the line-up against the Bruins, perhaps for Gomez. Then put White instead of Palushaj or Darche. While those two won't scare anyone, they will at least be willing to do the dirty work instead of letting the Bruins pull a Mike Brown on Subban.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:36 PM
brokentwigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
Gill? He's soft as butter.

Guy couldn;'t even take a guy a foot smaller than him in Rypien. Looch would have his way with anyone on our roster, but the thing is all I am asking for is guys who will for once finally stand the **** up!!

Tired of the floating pacifists who do nothing on the ice. Palushaj and enqvist get so many chances yet they suck and haven;t done a damn thing. Give a physical guy the chance to show his worth, because his worth is a damn sight more than those two softies.
How and the heck do you expect Engqvist to do anything with 4 minutes of icetime?? Again I will say it....he has been the most consistent player in Hamilton this season...even moreso then the Darling Leblanc....Engqvist is getting quality minutes in the AHL and absolutely nothing with the HABS!!!! He needs to start taking chances with the Habs...whats the worst that can happen....getting benched??? Not like he is getting any icetime anyway!! I would put he and Palushaj together as they have good chemistry at the AHL level.....and that doesn't mean they are the second coming of Cournoyer/Lafleur!!

brokentwigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:38 PM
brokentwigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Instead, we'll let Subban and Plekanec fight their battle.

Schultz is not the end of all, but I would have liked to see him in the line-up against the Bruins, perhaps for Gomez. Then put White instead of Palushaj or Darche. While those two won't scare anyone, they will at least be willing to do the dirty work instead of letting the Bruins pull a Mike Brown on Subban.
Subban aint fighting anyone unless he sees the name on the back of the sweater...and even then....he will turtle!!

Should've claimed Colton Orr off waivers from the Leafs!!! 1 million and he would definitely open up things a little.....even though I detest the guy!!

brokentwigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:58 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokentwigg View Post
Subban aint fighting anyone unless he sees the name on the back of the sweater...and even then....he will turtle!!

Should've claimed Colton Orr off waivers from the Leafs!!! 1 million and he would definitely open up things a little.....even though I detest the guy!!
Yeah, subban hasn't fought anyone face to face

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokentwigg View Post
Uhhhh?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:00 AM
Paddyjack

Small question: Hockey db lists Schultz as "no longer on active roster" for both Habs and Dogs. Is it simply because he is going back down, or something else is going on?

Paddyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:34 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
He's what 21 years old? They basically told him ''you're next in line''. Schultz being called up was one small step forward for his NHL career even if he didn't play.
It's still ridiculously dumb to send him down BEFORE a game against Boston. At least give him a chance to see where he's at in his development and where he stands against NHL tough guys, then send him back!

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:46 AM
euphrates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddyjack View Post
Small question: Hockey db lists Schultz as "no longer on active roster" for both Habs and Dogs. Is it simply because he is going back down, or something else is going on?
the asterix is only on the habs not the bulldogs so he is still on the bulldogs roster

euphrates is offline   Reply With Quote