HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

cgy/bos cgy/ana

Old
02-14-2012, 07:54 PM
jerrywally23*

vCash: 500
To BOS- Mark Giordano & Leland Irving (G),

To CGY- Bergeron, Seguin, Hamilton, Knight, Rask, 2012 1st Round

In case you missed it I'm being sarcastic.

jerrywally23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:07 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckerw68 View Post
Boston hangs up immediately. Krejci is worth a much better offer and Bergeron will be a bruin for life and most likely a captain after Chara. One of the best two way forwards in the league and leading them in points
I think you're overvaluing Krejci.

SmellOfVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
We have a #1. His name is Jokinen.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:19 PM
hockeycore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Mark Giordano is better then Dennis Seidenberg. He would slot in as your #2 quite easily in my opinion.

He is still underrated around here by the looks of things.

He has no area's of weakness, He can score, he can pass, he can hit, he can block shots, and he can eat minutes. He is only 28 years old and signed through his prime.

I dont think it it out of the question to say that he could fetch a David Krejci type player if he were to be traded.

Mark Giordano + Lee Stempniak would be fair value for David Krejci in my estimation.

Now I am not saying Boston would make that trade, as they really do not need a shake up and are currently an elite team coming of winning a stanley cup.
It's actually ridiculous how under-rated he is around here. It's blantantly clear not many people actually watch him play. He RARELY(and I mean RARELY) makes bad defensive plays. He's incredible for his cap hit.

He's not a LESSER Dennis Seidenberg. He's better.

The fact that people think Boumeester is the better defenseman is indication enough to me that a lot of people talking about Giordano on these boards have absolutely no business posting on him in the first place, because they don't know what they're talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNGZ_McznBM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBTs28ZMGcw

(Sorry, I don't know how to embed videos)

hockeycore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Cephalusc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
At the risk of sounding ignorant (I don't know much about current Flames prospects), over the the past 10 drafts, the Flames have only come out with 5-7 every day NHLers
The Flames seem to have been drafting decent since 2007 by selecting Mikael Backlund (NHL regular), Keith Aulie (soon to be NHL regular), Greg Nemisz, Lance Bouma (both have seen time on the Flames this season), T.J. Brodie (NHL regular), and Tim Erixon (soon to be NHL regular). Not to mention several players Flames fans are excited about, like Sven Bartschi, Max Reinhart, Joni Ortio and Michael Ferlund.

Prior to 2007, it's not pretty. Leland Irving (2006) and David Moss (2000) are the only ones still with the team.

From 2000 - 2007, the Flames drafted 9 NHL regulars: Kurtis Foster, Jarret Stoll (re-entered draft), Travis Moen, Chuck Kobasew, Eric Nystrom, Matt Lombardi, Dion Phaneuf, Brandon Prust, and Adam Pardy, along with a few other guys that are still bouncing between the NHL and AHL (Boyd, Sutter, Cracknell, McElhinney, Van der Gulik). So you might say, during that time period, the Flames were only good at drafting 3rd/4th liners and fringe NHLers.

The point of this post is that the Flames drafting philosophy changed in 2007. Since that time the team has made several good picks both in the mid-late 1st and later rounders.

Cephalusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 09:14 AM
don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Deal, just throw in Marchand as well and we'll add Stajan.
No thanks. I don't want to change to much and I hate giving up Krejci but you have to spend money to make money but with Backlund's injury I guess the deal is off. To bad. I think it would have been good for both teams.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLaMeRss View Post
To BOS- Mark Giordano & Greg Nemisz
To CGY- Krejci or Bergeron

To ANA- Mark Giordano, Mitch Wahl, 2012 1st Rounder, & 2013 1st Rounder
To CGY- Ryan Getzlaf & Devante Smith-Pelly

Its a start to try and get and/or find the number one center the #Flames have been looking for.....wondering what needs to be added either way and others opinions
Is this serious??

In your wildest dreams. Bergeron is a Bruin for life and Krejci isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Keep playing NHL 12 tho.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
No thanks. I don't want to change to much and I hate giving up Krejci but you have to spend money to make money but with Backlund's injury I guess the deal is off. To bad. I think it would have been good for both teams.
Agree to disagree then. It favours Boston, that's why you proposed it.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:27 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
We have a #1. His name is Jokinen.
I lol'd

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote