HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

UFC 143: Diaz vs Condit

Old
02-13-2012, 08:45 PM
DoyleG
Mr. Reality

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
I think he just has very little regard for most people (including those he works for). He just doesn't behave like a professional.
This.

He's never come across as a good guy in anyone's books (even excluding the drug tests). His first stint in the UFC previously ended because he couldn't hold up against to ranked talent (at least inside the octagon).

DoyleG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 08:58 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
There are anxiety medications out there? Why risk the biggest fight of your life? He knew going into the fight that he couldnt win basically, even if he did, he still would have failed the test. Its not professional.
For people who suffer from anxiety disorders, daily situations and what most of us would deem "normal" situations, rarely present themselves in a black and white manner. Of course, for those of us who are "normal" the answers seem simple and straightforward. For those that suffer from the disorder, it seems difficult to impossible to make even the most mundane and straightforward life decisions on a daily basis.

Im not saying he suffers from anxiety, I am just speculating, but some of his behavior, reactions, and mannerisms coupled with the circumstances when he presents these "odd" behaviours leads me to think it could be possible.

Its amazing that he fights at all really, if indeed he does suffer from anxiety.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:31 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
For people who suffer from anxiety disorders, daily situations and what most of us would deem "normal" situations, rarely present themselves in a black and white manner. Of course, for those of us who are "normal" the answers seem simple and straightforward. For those that suffer from the disorder, it seems difficult to impossible to make even the most mundane and straightforward life decisions on a daily basis.

Im not saying he suffers from anxiety, I am just speculating, but some of his behavior, reactions, and mannerisms coupled with the circumstances when he presents these "odd" behaviours leads me to think it could be possible.

Its amazing that he fights at all really, if indeed he does suffer from anxiety.
Everything you said is true, but, thats what he has a team for, trainers, family, etc. The fact is, he knowingly took illegal drugs before or after the biggest fight of his life, knowing he would get drug tested , so he basically forfeited the fight win or lose. Which is unprofessional, yes, its nice he can fight through that, but weed isnt the only answer. There are viable options for him that wouldnt have put him in this situation.

tmurfin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:32 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

And if he wont consider them for the sake of his career, than maybe its beat he retires.

Old
02-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Captain_Cunney

There is not a viable option other than weed for Nick Diaz, research him and his beliefs as mentioned before. The guys' body is his temple (say what you will about weed but it's a natural organism), he's a lot like Jake Shields, you won't see any pharmaceutical going into his system.

Nobody needs to let him off the hook, he's a big boy and he needs to face the consequences. However, your statements are way off base, it's not a cut and dry as you make it.

And, weed testing is stupid in it's current set up, it shouldn't be tested for but if it is, blood is the only way to go. If a guy wants to smoke a refer a week before the fight, thats' on him, it has no affect on the outcome of a fight. It's even more absurd in this situation because he is licensed in his home state. The NSAC has proved to be a joke in the past and this is just another example.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:54 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
There is not a viable option other than weed for Nick Diaz, research him and his beliefs as mentioned before. The guys' body is his temple (say what you will about weed but it's a natural organism), he's a lot like Jake Shields, you won't see any pharmaceutical going into his system.

Nobody needs to let him off the hook, he's a big boy and he needs to face the consequences. However, your statements are way off base, it's not a cut and dry as you make it.

And, weed testing is stupid in it's current set up, it shouldn't be tested for but if it is, blood is the only way to go. If a guy wants to smoke a refer a week before the fight, thats' on him, it has no affect on the outcome of a fight. It's even more absurd in this situation because he is licensed in his home state. The NSAC has proved to be a joke in the past and this is just another example.
Well he shouldnt be a fighter than , like seriously, im not saying it will change the fight, I could care less if he smokes weed, problems or not. like I said, it can be argued that it shouldnt get tested for, BUT THE FACT IS, IT IS TESTED FOR. And him and his camp know this from experience, yet he still knowingly did it. Hes a great fighter, but hes stupid. This is on him 100%, now watch them come out and say the nsac is out to get him.

Old
02-15-2012, 04:56 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

And when it comes to making six figures and doing what you love at the highest level, it should be that simple. Do it, or don't.

Old
02-15-2012, 08:46 AM
norrisnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
And when it comes to making six figures and doing what you love at the highest level, it should be that simple. Do it, or don't.
Diaz doesn't love fighting. It's just the only thing he knows how to do to make a viable income.

norrisnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 09:28 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick View Post
Diaz doesn't love fighting. It's just the only thing he knows how to do to make a viable income.
I don't believe that at all. Granted, I am not inclined to believe anything Diaz says.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 09:30 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
I think he just has very little regard for most people (including those he works for). He just doesn't behave like a professional.
And that's the key. Not only does he disresepct his opponents vocally, he does it when he acts like this, as well. He disrespects the sport, his boss, his opponents, and the fans that paid to see him fight. He's an idiot.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:43 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I don't believe that at all. Granted, I am not inclined to believe anything Diaz says.
well....what else can you see Diaz doing with his life?

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Frank the Tank
The Oiler Tankers

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick View Post
Then one would think Diaz would do everything within his control to maintain that source of income. Instead, he knowingly disregarded the requirements of both his employer (UFC press events) and state athletic commission (NSAC drug screening).

Frank the Tank is offline   Reply With Quote