HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 8.0 "NHL 12 reigns supreme!"

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Gardner McKay
R.I.P. Parabola

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
NJD ARE DANGEROUS AND ROLLING . ELIAS , Ilya , Zach and Sykora and Henrique all major scoring threats. They are poised to make a major run . Hopefully Zidlicky is a major bust for them and causes their roll to slow . Getting out of the East ia not going to be easy . NJD / PITT are as dangerous as anyone IMO
I can't believe I am going to say this but, despite Brodeur's shut out against the Rangers the Devils goaltending situation is far from ideal. Brodeur is old and vulnerable. Hedberg is okay but after watching him with the THRASHERS for a few years he is not the type of guy you want starting 4-7 games in a playoff series.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Gardner McKay
R.I.P. Parabola

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Tuomo Ruutu now injured could be a bargain.

It's understood he's a rental.
Trade him for a conditional 6th, assuming he plays any games for Rangers. We only have to have him on cap for end of year, send other salary over for balance.

Then we upgrade the pick IF depending upon availability + results he warrants it.
Then we upgrade again, IF we offer him to sign here and he does.

This almost can't go wrong, we're buying very very low, and even if a bust because injury is more serious, it's only at worst a 6th if he plays a game or two and isn't worth it.
Dreger reported that between his injury and Rutherfords desire to attempt to keep Ruutu in Carolina, Ruutu is no longer on the trading block.

Even if he is injured you won't get him for a 6th round pick. I would really love to visit this fantasy hockey trade world you live in some time.

Old
02-15-2012, 11:27 AM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
It should be expected Erixon, who might have been top 10ish had he come out when we dealt for him, probably has more long term value than to deal him short before his potential is fully recognized. That, plus the stunt he pulled to get here, and almost without exception he ain't going anywhere, and in most cases shouldn't be moved.
Yes, Erixon will certainly not be traded for a Vet.

Old
02-15-2012, 11:32 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Because, as specified in the post, the upgrade would be Weber, a stud who play most of the 25+ DG typically plays.

While totally different style players, on D arguably Girardi + Weber are both very effective; hairs need not be split.

But on offense its obviously different. Weber = legit power play effectiveness because of shot from the point.

That alone is reason to deal, unless asking price w/DG is too high.
There is the hope Preds will want to recover cap and pitch Suter early and hard, w/decent chance to re-sign if space is there. That would give them reason to consider moving Weber...
Girardi makes about 3.3 mil. Weber will make 7+ mil. The extra offense isn't worth an extra 4 mil, especially if MDZ continues to improve.

I don't know what your deal is with Girardi, but he isn't getting traded. Get off it already.

Old
02-15-2012, 11:38 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Assuming this is true, what would the market be for Larsson, and should we be cognizant now of a play for him later (also what would the cost be)/
There is no market for Larsson. The devils aren't going to trade him and if they did, it certainly wouldn't be to the Rangers.

Old
02-15-2012, 11:41 AM
macehockey24

What do you guys think about this...

CLB- Rick Nash

NYR- Dubinsky, Anisimov, Sauer, Thomas, 1st

BUF- Gaustad

NYR- Wolski (Cap Reasons), 2nd

I think that is fair value for both potential targets. While I would rather not trade Dubinsky or Anisimov, you have to give to get. I think Dubinsky is kind of arrogant and Arty seems pretty quiet. I believe both Nash and Gaustad would be welcomed in the room and are exactly what this team needs. The only way our room is tore apart is if Boyle or Prust are moved in the deal. The locker room loves both of these guys. Im not opposed to standing pat as we have a very good team, but I believe this lineup below will have us sitting pretty come June.

Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik
Nash-Richard-Callahan
Fedetenko-Gaustad-Mitchell
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Mac-Girardi
Stall-Delzotto
Stralman-Eminger
Bickel

That's nasty

Old
02-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by macehockey24 View Post

CLB- Rick Nash

BUF- Gaustad

I think that is fair value for both potential targets. While I would rather not trade Dubinsky or Anisimov, you have to give to get. I think Dubinsky is kind of arrogant and Arty seems pretty quiet. I believe both Nash and Gaustad would be welcomed in the room and are exactly what this team needs. The only way our room is tore apart is if Boyle or Prust are moved in the deal. The locker room loves both of these guys. Im not opposed to standing pat as we have a very good team, but I believe this lineup below will have us sitting pretty come June.

Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik
Nash-Richard-Callahan
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Mac-Girardi
Stall-Delzotto
Stralman-Eminger
Bickel

That's nasty

Yea let's trade for a player with not much playoff experience -_-.. much rather have Ray Whitney or someone who knows how to win in the playoffs....Nash not a good fit for NYR....

Old
02-15-2012, 12:32 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Take Ryan Smyth off the market, officially. Met with Tambellini, and will not be dealt. Will hammer out new contract.
https://twitter.com/#!/SportsnetSpec...50825450065921

Old
02-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Options are getting smaller and smaller.

Ruutu first, now Smyth...

Just don't do anything stupid regarding Rick Nash.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:37 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Smyth is full out of it

Yesterday,he was not dismissing the idea of accepting a trade and he wanted a new contract.

He met with the GM today and he will get his contract for next season.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:38 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Get me Carter and Gaustad.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:39 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Assuming this is true, what would the market be for Larsson, and should we be cognizant now of a play for him later (also what would the cost be)/

correction: meant to highlight other phrase in that sentence.
Why in the world would the Debs think about trading Larsson?

Old
02-15-2012, 12:40 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Smyth met with Tambellini yesterday and they reached an understanding. The news was released today.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Smyth met with Tambellini yesterday and they reached an understanding. The news was released today.
Thanks for letting us on HFBoards know about the news, Mr. Tambellini.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke11y96 View Post
Doesn't that burn a year of his ELC? If it does I doubt they do it rather burn a year off his ELC by actually playing a full year.
he would not burn a year playing in the ahl. he'd be there on a tryout deal so his contract wouldn't be effected...only an issue if he's in the nhl

Old
02-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macehockey24 View Post

CLB- Rick Nash

BUF- Gaustad

Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik
Nash-Richard-Callahan
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Mac-Girardi
Stall-Delzotto
Stralman-Eminger
Bickel

That's nasty
Trading two key roster players when we are #1 in the Eastern Conference (by 9 points) is absurd.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:08 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

LeBrun answering a Q about Nash

Quote:
Pierre LeBrun (1:58 PM)

From what I heard today, Rangers brass really concerned about giving up too much and wrecking the good thing they have going... They really covet Nash, but how much is too much? Same question LA, Philly, Van, Tor and others are asking as they talk to Columbus
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/42539

Old
02-15-2012, 01:16 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Dreger reported that between his injury and Rutherfords desire to attempt to keep Ruutu in Carolina, Ruutu is no longer on the trading block.

Even if he is injured you won't get him for a 6th round pick. I would really love to visit this fantasy hockey trade world you live in some time.
Disagree.
It's highly likely if he goes he'll return to Carolina next year, so he's truly a rental.

The Canes have no reason to keep for playoff purposes, and every reason to move for obtaining an asset.

They can't get much because he's damaged with limited availability, but that's still better than nothing.

The only question is as is, with reduced availability, what is the price Rangers would have to pay to successfully bid. The rough minimum w/conditional upgrades is the answer.

If we agree we still want him.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i dont blame them. frankly its something i waffle a lot on myself, and im just a fan, these guys run the team.

Nash could definitely be the piece that puts them over the top...but at what cost...it wont be insignificant.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

At this point... we're not gonna trade for Nash.

Dubinsky is fitting the team very nicely even without scoring, and there is no reason to think he wouldn't return to 50-55 point form next year again.

If a certain goof FA left wing becomes available this offseason, you worry about it then.

You don't trade Dubi, Kreider, Stepan, McDonagh, ect for Nash. The more I think about it, the less that represents what this franchise is all about right now.

02-15-2012, 01:26 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Why in the world would the Debs think about trading Larsson?
They would NOT even think about it normally.

The premise was on somebody else's observation they are in serious $$$ issues, which could change things, including some players to the highest bidder...

Old
02-15-2012, 01:36 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Girardi makes about 3.3 mil. Weber will make 7+ mil. The extra offense isn't worth an extra 4 mil, especially if MDZ continues to improve.

I don't know what your deal is with Girardi, but he isn't getting traded. Get off it already.
Bold: Respectfully agree to disagree. Surely you admit Weber would solve our PP problems!

Underline: no vendetta vs. Girardi.
It's a process of elimination.
He returns most bang for the buck, and others who are currently ELCs --- MDZ, McD --- may have more potential upside as to physical skills.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Sticky Fingers
Hayes dangle

I'd love to get Nash, but I don't wanna pay what it most likely will cost.I'm fine with trading Dubi +1st +2nd +prospect. While I'm not super glad over dealing Dubi away, IF we are to get Nash and IF Kreider turns out to be as good as a lot seems to think, there won't be a spot for Dubi on the top-6 in two seasons.

However, I don't see us over paying for him. And thing top remember is that since he got a NMC, he can choose where to go and probably he don't want his new team to be weakened to much?

Old
02-15-2012, 02:48 PM
bmw2004

It will be huge mistake if they get Nash and give up all these assets. I almost sure that they won't do this move. They need some cheap experienced rental like Knuble that won't cost an arm and a leg. Stay the course Mr. Sather.

Old
02-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellohf View Post
I'd love to get Nash, but I don't wanna pay what it most likely will cost.I'm fine with trading Dubi +1st +2nd +prospect. While I'm not super glad over dealing Dubi away, IF we are to get Nash and IF Kreider turns out to be as good as a lot seems to think, there won't be a spot for Dubi on the top-6 in two seasons.

However, I don't see us over paying for him. And thing top remember is that since he got a NMC, he can choose where to go and probably he don't want his new team to be weakened to much?

Lets trade for someone who doesn't have much playoff experience much rather sign Chris Krieder if they want a player with not alot of experience...this is why a player like Whitney or a guy like Bolland would be more useful...don't people realize this.....playoff experience counts in the playoffs. What pressure has Nash had?? What if he cracks under pressure....not worth the risk...people need to realize that...

Closed Thread