HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines when fully healthy

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2012, 04:06 PM
  #26
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,524
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
I don't think it would work well. Mueller and Lando are pure shooters, and Duchene doesn't use his linemates well enough.
Mueller isn't a pure shooter at all. He's just as a lethal passer. Duchene uses his linemates when he thinks they're good. Duchene + Mueller will be great together, just as they have been in the past.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:47 PM
  #27
Razor29
52-22-8
 
Razor29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,372
vCash: 50
I'd like to see

Jones - Stastny - Hejduk
Landeskog - O'Reilly - Winnik
Galiardi - Duchene - Mueller
VDG - McClement - Kobasew

until Duchene settles back in.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:02 PM
  #28
NWAvs
Registered User
 
NWAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Seattle
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,854
vCash: 500
As much as id love a Duchene/Lando line I feel it would be ****** to do to RoR. Put all three together with RoR centering.

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:05 PM
  #29
NWAvs
Registered User
 
NWAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Seattle
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,854
vCash: 500
Also, what about

Jones / Staz / Hejduk
Duchene / Radar / Mueller
Gali / JMac / Lando

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:23 PM
  #30
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,645
vCash: 50
We need to acquire a top 6 forward.

Rhaego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:10 PM
  #31
NHL33*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 7,873
vCash: 500
Landeskog-O'Reilly-Mueller
??-Stastny-Jones
??-McClement-Galiardi
Winnik-Van Der Gulik-Kobasew


Go nuts. Jones or Galiardi can be swapped to the LW.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:36 PM
  #32
GamingGiant
Registered User
 
GamingGiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 2,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sakic View Post
I'd like to see

Jones - Stastny - Hejduk
Landeskog - O'Reilly - Winnik
Galiardi - Duchene - Mueller
VDG - McClement - Kobasew

until Duchene settles back in.
This lineup gets my vote.

Three balanced lines. Each of which have at least two player who have shown they have good chemistry together.

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:15 AM
  #33
PAZ
.
 
PAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,473
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingGiant View Post
This lineup gets my vote.

Three balanced lines. Each of which have at least two player who have shown they have good chemistry together.
I agree three balanced lines, but I wouldn't say any of them are that amazing. We need to get another top 6 forward in the offseason.

Jones is too inconsistent and I think he'll cool off once Mueller is off his line. Which will also affect Stastny's production as well. Jones has been good on that line to get the dirty goals, With Hejduk I don't see Stazz being able to do the same type of plays that he could with Mueller.

How great would it be if we pick up a top 6 forward next season and Hishon is ready for the bigs.

Jones - Stazz - Hishon
X - Duchene - Mueller
Landeskog - RoR - Hejduk.
Galiardi - McClement - Winnik
Kobasew

That would definitely be a nice looking line up.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 08:24 AM
  #34
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingGiant View Post
This lineup gets my vote.

Three balanced lines. Each of which have at least two player who have shown they have good chemistry together.
The team is nowhere near talented/deep enough to try balance. Roll out that lineup and you'll have a team that can't score to save their lives at even strength.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 09:22 AM
  #35
Razor29
52-22-8
 
Razor29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,372
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
The team is nowhere near talented/deep enough to try balance. Roll out that lineup and you'll have a team that can't score to save their lives at even strength.
They are having trouble at the best of times with that anyways, if you ask me.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:25 AM
  #36
GamingGiant
Registered User
 
GamingGiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 2,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
The team is nowhere near talented/deep enough to try balance. Roll out that lineup and you'll have a team that can't score to save their lives at even strength.
That may be true, but I'd rather see three balanced lines than two great lines and a third line made up of spare parts that don't mesh well.

Duchene-Stastny-Hejduk
Landeskog-O'Reilly-Meuller
Winnik-Galiardi-Jones???

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:50 AM
  #37
Razor29
52-22-8
 
Razor29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,372
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingGiant View Post
That may be true, but I'd rather see three balanced lines than two great lines and a third line made up of spare parts that don't mesh well.

Duchene-Stastny-Hejduk
Landeskog-O'Reilly-Meuller
Winnik-Galiardi-Jones???
I don't think Gali is a very good fit at C. Maybe on the 4th line or something. Maybe:

Duchene Stastny Hejduk
Landeskog O'Reilly Mueller
Galiardi McClement Jones
Winnik VDG Kobasew

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:58 AM
  #38
GamingGiant
Registered User
 
GamingGiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 2,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sakic View Post
I don't think Gali is a very good fit at C. Maybe on the 4th line or something. Maybe:

Duchene Stastny Hejduk
Landeskog O'Reilly Mueller
Galiardi McClement Jones
Winnik VDG Kobasew
I agree that Galiardi is not a good fit at Center, but if we go with a top six, like above, we will lose a natural center on one of the lines.

The bottom six is then just a mixed bag. Which is why I liked your idea of three balanced lines:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sakic View Post
Jones - Stastny - Hejduk
Landeskog - O'Reilly - Winnik
Galiardi - Duchene - Mueller
VDG - McClement - Kobasew

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:03 PM
  #39
Razor29
52-22-8
 
Razor29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,372
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingGiant View Post
I agree that Galiardi is not a good fit at Center, but if we go with a top six, like above, we will lose a natural center on one of the lines.

The bottom six is then just a mixed bag. Which is why I liked your idea of three balanced lines:
VDG is a natural center isn't he?

Anyways, yeah I liked my first line up idea there too.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:31 PM
  #40
GamingGiant
Registered User
 
GamingGiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 2,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sakic View Post
VDG is a natural center isn't he?

Anyways, yeah I liked my first line up idea there too.
NHL.com and the Avalanche website list him as a Left Wing.

Though that doesn't mean they are right...

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 09:57 AM
  #41
Razor29
52-22-8
 
Razor29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,372
vCash: 50
Since this thread has been made Mueller, Giguere and Galiardi have all been injured and it's only been 4 days.


Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:04 AM
  #42
GamingGiant
Registered User
 
GamingGiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 2,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sakic View Post
Since this thread has been made Mueller, Giguere and Galiardi have all been injured and it's only been 4 days.

Shut it down! For the love of the team, shut this thread down!

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 05:56 PM
  #43
Jaymond Flurrie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sakic View Post
Since this thread has been made Mueller, Giguere and Galiardi have all been injured and it's only been 4 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymond Flurrie View Post
You just got to jinx it?
But no, according to someone it was a brilliant idea to create this and such a thing as jinxing doesn't even exist.

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 06:02 PM
  #44
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 29,152
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymond Flurrie View Post
But no, according to someone it was a brilliant idea to create this and such a thing as jinxing doesn't even exist.
It doesn't. You have to be extraordinarily thick to believe it does.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 09:34 PM
  #45
Jaymond Flurrie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
We need to acquire a top 6 forward.
Mark Olver says hi.

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:07 PM
  #46
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,524
vCash: 250
Yeah, I don't think Olvie will be seeing AHL ice anymore.

Gags-O'rielly-Landy
Jones-Stastny-Hejduk
Olvie-Duchene-Mueller

Gags will probably be the last player to come back between himself, Mueller and Duchene. So you could try

Mueller-O'rielly-Landy
Jones-Stastny-Hejduk
Olvie-Duchene-Winnik

I wouldn't mind seeing this lineup but Mueller and DUchene are made for each other. I think to get the best out of both they should stick together.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:29 PM
  #47
NHL33*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 7,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
Yeah, I don't think Olvie will be seeing AHL ice anymore.

Gags-O'rielly-Landy
Jones-Stastny-Hejduk
Olvie-Duchene-Mueller

Gags will probably be the last player to come back between himself, Mueller and Duchene. So you could try

Mueller-O'rielly-Landy
Jones-Stastny-Hejduk
Olvie-Duchene-Winnik

I wouldn't mind seeing this lineup but Mueller and DUchene are made for each other. I think to get the best out of both they should stick together.
#1: Landeskog-O'Reilly-Mueller / Galiardi-Stastny-Jones / Olver-Duchene-Hejduk
#2: Landeskog-O'Reilly-Mueller / Hejduk-Stastny-Jones / Olver-Duchene-Winnik

IMO. Maybe swap Winnik and Jones for #2, it'll mean cutting Stastny to his knees but it'd allow him to eat up some safe minutes while freeing up Duchene's line (Hejduk and Olver can play center while Duchene tries his playmaking wing role).

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:30 AM
  #48
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes
 
Bill Peckerskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 5,984
vCash: 500
Jones/Stastny/Hejduk
Landeskog/O'Reilly/Mueller
Olver/Duchene/van der Gulik (Porter)
Galiardi/McClemment/Winnik

O'Byrne/Hejda
Quincey/Johnson
Wilson/O'Brien

Varly/Giggy

Bill Peckerskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 10:52 AM
  #49
LTC Pain
Registered User
 
LTC Pain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peckerskull View Post
Jones/Stastny/Hejduk
Landeskog/O'Reilly/Mueller
Olver/Duchene/van der Gulik (Porter)
Galiardi/McClemment/Winnik

O'Byrne/Hejda
Quincey/Johnson
Wilson/O'Brien

Varly/Giggy
This!!!

LTC Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:48 AM
  #50
avsman
Registered User
 
avsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,598
vCash: 500
Jones-Stastny-Hejduk
Olver-Duchene-Mueller
Galiardi-O'Reilly-Landeskog
Winnik-McClement-Kobasew

avsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.