vCash: 500
Official 2012/2013 Providence Bruins Thread II

Continue here.

Previous thread. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=935607

Old
02-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Bri

To answer Alan Ryan's question from the closed thread, I thought Kampfer looked bad early on. He had two pretty bad giveaways in his own zone in the first period.

Having said that, I thought he got a little better as the game went on and managed to get the puck on net a few times, but still looked like a guy that hasn't been playing a lot. Given that he hasn't, I wouldn't put too much stock into one game though.

The Bruins looked terrible in the first period, came out gang-busters for first few minutes (5 or so) of the second and then were kind of up and down the rest of the way, though never as bad as the first and probably more up than down but not a great effort overall.

It was only my second game this season but chemistry seems to be an issue...by that I mean, they struck me as a bunch of guys who aren't used to playing together. Passes to a "zig" and instead the guy "zags," just missing on their passes, not very good movement on the PP, running into each other (literally) on a fairly routine wait-for-the line-change-behind-the-net breakout play. I'd be curious to hear from others that see them more regularly.

Old
02-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Alan Ryan

Thanks Bri. I'm not confident that Kampfer will contribute much in Boston. I hope they focus on defense at the next draft.

Tommy Cross could get a few games in Providence at the end of the college season. It will be interesting to see how he compares to the AHL guys.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Spoked P

IMO, Kampfer definitly has value and will contribute. If he doesn't here in Boston, he does have trade value.

Old
02-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Spoked P

Tonight from 4-8pm is the Season Ticket holders party and meet the players party.

It's the first annual. Supposed to be games, giveaways along the main concourse. All the players and coaches will be there to meet and get autographs.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Saxon Eric

Send a message via AIM to Saxon Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoked P View Post
Tonight from 4-8pm is the Season Ticket holders party and meet the players party.

It's the first annual. Supposed to be games, giveaways along the main concourse. All the players and coaches will be there to meet and get autographs.
Zach Hamill must be thrilled to do another one of these...

Old
02-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Spoked P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Eric View Post
Zach Hamill must be thrilled to do another one of these...
He is not engaging at all. Ive never seen him smile and I have met him a few times.

Old
02-15-2012, 02:38 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

I'm leaving to head over there shortly. Honestly, don't know what I'm going to say to any of the players (I'm not an autograph guy anymore), although there are a few players who I'd like to thank for working their tails off every night.

Old
02-15-2012, 06:23 PM
nitric
German Engineering

We went to the meet and greet tonight, was pretty crowded. We just wanted Khudobin's autograph. His line wasn't that bad for some reason. Nice guy too. Hamill and Kampfer were together and had a huge line.

Old
02-15-2012, 06:45 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Yeah, Anton and Coach Cassidy were in a pretty open area. Walked right up with no line.

Mainly went to say hi to Whitfield, Kirk MacDonald and Bobby Robins. Robins had a long line and then was on break when I came back around, so I left.

Old
02-16-2012, 07:39 AM
Spoked P

I talked with Max Sauve last night. He will be back this weekend and is playing on Friday. He has been out with a concussion since Dec 9.

Old
02-16-2012, 08:19 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
I talked with Max Sauve last night. He will be back this weekend and is playing on Friday. He has been out with a concussion since Dec 9.
That's good to hear. I was starting to worry about him. Hopefully, he can find his scoring touch right away.

Old
02-18-2012, 12:43 AM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Looks like Providence won 6-0 tonight. Nice. I wonder what got into them.

Old
02-18-2012, 04:00 AM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
Looks like Providence won 6-0 tonight. Nice. I wonder what got into them.
Huge game for the P-Bruins with 3 goals in the second and 3 more in the third. Hutchinson got the shutout with 23 saves.

Nice to see Sauve back with 2 assists.

Goals: Tardif (2), Cunningham (2), Miller & Cohen

Assists: Sauve (2), Arniel, Cohen, Tardif, Robins, MacKinnon, MacDonald, Warsofsky, Miller & Ridderwall

Stars: #1-Tardif, #2-Hutchinson & #3-Miller

AHL game summary: http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1009399

Old
02-18-2012, 07:11 AM
C77

Wow 6-0 Guess I should have went to that one!...Hershey is always a good team too.

Old
02-18-2012, 07:42 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Cassidy gave me the impression prior to this game he's got a good feeling this team is getting its game on- certainly showed it last night; hopefully they can win tonight infront of Gorsik and Glorydaze?

Old
02-18-2012, 08:16 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Cassidy gave me the impression prior to this game he's got a good feeling this team is getting its game on- certainly showed it last night; hopefully they can win tonight infront of Gorsik and Glorydaze?
Not going to this one. My son is playing in between periods at the Falcons game tomorrow afternoon.

Old
02-18-2012, 12:25 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Huge game for the P-Bruins with 3 goals in the second and 3 more in the third. Hutchinson got the shutout with 23 saves.

Nice to see Sauve back with 2 assists.

Goals: Tardif (2), Cunningham (2), Miller & Cohen

Assists: Sauve (2), Arniel, Cohen, Tardif, Robins, MacKinnon, MacDonald, Warsofsky, Miller & Ridderwall

Stars: #1-Tardif, #2-Hutchinson & #3-Miller

AHL game summary: http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1009399
No points for Kampfer or Hamill? That's brutal

Old
02-18-2012, 12:47 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Didn't hurt that Dany "Soft Serve" Sabourin was in net for Hershey. Gave up one from center ice, no joke.

Old
02-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Alan Ryan

P-Bruins down 2-1 with 15 minutes left to play in Springfield.

Old
02-19-2012, 06:21 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
IMO, Kampfer definitly has value and will contribute. If he doesn't here in Boston, he does have trade value.
He`d have to impress in, at the very least the AHL to have value, if all is he is a guy who can skate who shows promise, but can`t back it up, his value will not be much. I always hope every prospect develops, knowing full well that not all will be a Bruin someday but they would still have value on the trade market.

I think that Kampfer`s biggest issue, is the ability to stay relatively healthy, and eliminate the giveaways to a degree that a team isn`t shy to take him.

Corvo makes a ton of mistakes, but up to this year, has put up decent enough numbers that will appeal to teams which sometimes allows a team to overlook the bad while taking the good.

Old
02-19-2012, 07:28 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Camper with the hat trick today ... P-Bruins beat the Connecticut Whale 4-3.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:00 AM
brewins09

Thought I would pass on some good news about the P B's. The team and its prospects seem to be put down by a lot of HF'ers but they are playing really well as of late and prospects are looking like prospects again. They beat Hershey (a very good AHL team) 6-0 Friday and had a nice win on Sunday. As of this weekend they are only a point out of a playoff spot. The lines have been consistent and there seems to be some chemistry among players. Whitfield, Robbins and MacDermid are a solid checking line (Mac and Robbins will fight as well), and Camper (hat trick Sunday!), Hamill and Ridderwall are skating well and producing points (Ridderwall 3 assists Sunday). Sauve returned Friday night and is on the wing with Arniel and Cunningham. He looked good and really added to the lineup.That line was really exciting- very high speed- with all three getting a number of chances this past weekend. Arniel is far better at centre than wing, gets to use his speed. Bit of a forgotten prospect lately, but is playing like last year when he was talked about a lot as a call up. MacDonald, Mackinnon, and Tardif are also playing well together, Tardif having a nice scoring touch and MacDonald always works hard. You've also got Hennessy (up with big Bruins) who takes a centre spot and Riendeau who scored a few lately. All in all a pretty good forward group and showing real improvement as the season progresses.
Defence has been pretty good, but needs to cut down on its turnovers. A few costly ones on the weekend. As a group though they are really starting to come around (I don't watch them as much as I do the forwards and can't really comment on individual play too much). A lot better decisions are being made though, especially in the offensive zone.
Khudobin and Hutchison have been solid with both picking up wins this weekend.
Hopefully the PB's can keep it going - tough weekend ahead with 3 in 3, all on the road.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:45 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

They played very well this weekend despite a flat game in Springfield. Quite frankly they should have won by more yesterday, but Terry Koharski did everything he could to hand the Whale the game, including allowing Anton to get mugged on one goal. Although one goal was all on Kampfer, bad attempt to clear the zone along the boards.....

Old
02-21-2012, 08:03 AM
Spoked P

I did not see the Saturday game, but was there for both Friday and Sunday. here are a few of my thoughts from the weekend.

1. Kampfer was horrible. way too many turnovers, in both the defensive and neutral zone. A few times he iced the puck, appearing winded, killing the chance for rushes.

2. Max Sauve was back and he looked real good. He was quick on the skates and even faced washed somebody from CT Whale. Good to see he hasn't lost that edge.

3. Hamill, while he didnt score he was a major reason why Camper scored the first goal. The puck was behind the net, he scrapped and dug it out along the boards and fed Camper in the slot for an easy goal.

Friday's game in Worcester is the biggest two points of the season. Both teams fighting for that 8th spot.

Closed Thread