Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In Search of General Stars Talk

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Bennrocks

vCash: 500
Apparently joe has had talks with howson... if we give up our first im gonna rage

Old
02-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
Apparently joe has had talks with howson... if we give up our first im gonna rage
That would go against everything GMJN has talked about in his first couple of seasons as general manager.

If Army was still GM, then yea, I could see it possibly happening but not with Joe.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Old
02-15-2012, 01:16 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

No way iin hell we give up our 1st. I'm guessing something around Brassard or Vermette for one of our D.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
No way iin hell we give up our 1st. I'm guessing something around Brassard or Vermette for one of our D.
probably

Old
02-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Ambassador Of Fun

Carter for Besko/Bachman/Campbell + Glennie + Vincour + 2nd/Smith/Smith/Chaisson

Old
02-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Dallasman

Quote:
This is my thinking too

Old
02-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador Of Fun View Post
Carter for Besko/Bachman/Campbell + Glennie + Vincour + 2nd/Smith/Smith/Chaisson
i'd do it preferably bachs but i would totally be willing to sell campbell off for carter

Old
02-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
I told myself I was going to see how long it would take me before I posted in this thread, but god dammit you make it hard guys.

Quote:
Hell no AoF, hell no.

I would rather Joe make a play for Nash than Carter, but if we give up a first and some futures for Nash or Carter, I will be very very disappointed in management and will probably go join a different fanbase. I hear the Panthers need more fans and might actually make the playoffs too! Brassard or Vermette, as UP just mentioned, would be the most logical decision, because we need to increase our long term depth rather than shell out huge for a single top end talent. You don't succeed in the "new NHL" by doing that. (Before you say, but look at the Rangers! They drafted the only thing keeping them at the top, plus most of their depth and futures like Staal and MDZ, and didn't trade for Gaborik or Richards)

We have a relatively loaded prospect pool right now. Even with all the misgivings towards Glennie, Oleksiak and Campbell, we're in good shape with high reward picks. Our future winger depth is excellent with Chiasson, Smith, Smith, Smith, and Smith (this is a joke, we only have two Smiths) and our defense depth looks very promising with Larsen, Nemeth, Oleksiak, etc. Some of these guys have had tons of time to develop and deserve a chance in the NHL. We've been riding veterans so hard these past few years, and we've let a lot of serviceable talent walk or be wasted.

So, Joe, if you ever read this, please don't let me be misunderstood, make the right move and stay out of this Nash or Carter mess no matter what. It's over for our old guard, and the depth you picked up can't right this ship anymore.

Bring on The Scott Glennie.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Ambassador Of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
I told myself I was going to see how long it would take me before I posted in this thread, but god dammit you make it hard guys.

Hell no AoF, hell no.

I would rather Joe make a play for Nash than Carter, but if we give up a first and some futures for Nash or Carter, I will be very very disappointed in management and will probably go join a different fanbase. I hear the Panthers need more fans and might actually make the playoffs too! Brassard or Vermette, as UP just mentioned, would be the most logical decision, because we need to increase our long term depth rather than shell out huge for a single top end talent. You don't succeed in the "new NHL" by doing that. (Before you say, but look at the Rangers! They drafted the only thing keeping them at the top, plus most of their depth and futures like Staal and MDZ, and didn't trade for Gaborik or Richards)

We have a relatively loaded prospect pool right now. Even with all the misgivings towards Glennie, Oleksiak and Campbell, we're in good shape with high reward picks. Our future winger depth is excellent with Chiasson, Smith, Smith, Smith, and Smith (this is a joke, we only have two Smiths) and our defense depth looks very promising with Larsen, Nemeth, Oleksiak, etc. Some of these guys have had tons of time to develop and deserve a chance in the NHL. We've been riding veterans so hard these past few years, and we've let a lot of serviceable talent walk or be wasted.

So, Joe, if you ever read this, please don't let me be misunderstood, make the right move and stay out of this Nash or Carter mess no matter what. It's over for our old guard, and the depth you picked up can't right this ship anymore.

Bring on The Scott Glennie.
We have a goalie prospect to spare (one of which has disappointed after having a lot of hype), another 1st round bust who has a little value still, a guy who has shown glimpses of being maybe a 2nd liner in this league but more than likely will be a 3rd/4th liner, and a crap shoot of a forward prospect for a legit 40 goal scorer. It's a whole lot of not much to give up for a very good player.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
We have a goalie prospect to spare (one of which has disappointed after having a lot of hype), another 1st round bust who has a little value still, a guy who has shown glimpses of being maybe a 2nd liner in this league but more than likely will be a 3rd/4th liner, and a crap shoot of a forward prospect for a legit 40 goal scorer. It's a whole lot of not much to give up for a very good player.
Doesn't matter. These are guys who haven't had a chance in a pro league yet to show their mettle. I'd rather eat the growing pains of guys like Vincour and Glennie and Chiasson and Campbell than take the easy and possibly horrific path of trading for another superstar who hasn't made the playoffs and seemed content with his lot the past few years.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Ambassador Of Fun

Quote:
Doesn't matter. These are guys who haven't had a chance in a pro league yet to show their mettle. I'd rather eat the growing pains of guys like Vincour and Glennie and Chiasson and Campbell than take the easy and possibly horrific path of trading for another superstar who hasn't made the playoffs and seemed content with his lot the past few years.
Carter has played in about 50 playoff games. He hasn't produced as well as the regular season, but that last sentence doesn't apply to him.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
if carter is available for the right price you have to make that trade he's the same age as loui isn't he? He scores a **** ton of goals and we're gonna need some one to replace ribs in the coming years, im not advocating going out and getting in a bidding war with some other teams to get him but if the right deal comes along you have to do it.

Before throwing campbell overboard i would like to see him in pro hockey however so i would rather not move him

Old
02-15-2012, 02:03 PM
joelnmich

I hope Dallas holds on to Campbell also. I want to hear Rayzor say stuff like "No Soup for You!" and "Campbell ladles it out to Larsen" and "Bloated rebound like the morning after lentil soup".

Old
02-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
If you can get Carter for something like Campbell, Glennie, Vincour, and a 2nd, you make that trade in an instant.

We'd be adding a guy the same age as Eriksson, who has been good for about 30 goals a year for 4 years in a row(until this year), and he's only got a $5.2 million cap hit. He's the exact kind of guy Niuewendyk has talked about acquiring, someone who can help th team now, but will still be with us for years to come.

-Vagrant
Old
02-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Quote:
if carter is available for the right price you have to make that trade he's the same age as loui isn't he? He scores a **** ton of goals and we're gonna need some one to replace ribs in the coming years, im not advocating going out and getting in a bidding war with some other teams to get him but if the right deal comes along you have to do it.

Before throwing campbell overboard i would like to see him in pro hockey however so i would rather not move him
The price for Nash or Carter would be out of our price range unless we're moving Ribeiro.

Old
02-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
The price for Nash or Carter would be out of our price range unless we're moving Ribeiro.
I don't think we can say that until the deal goes down. Richards was had for a reasonable price. We have no ****ing clue what howson is going to do and how much other GM's are going to lowball him

Old
02-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
If you can get Carter for something like Campbell, Glennie, Vincour, and a 2nd, you make that trade in an instant.

We'd be adding a guy the same age as Eriksson, who has been good for about 30 goals a year for 4 years in a row(until this year), and he's only got a $5.2 million cap hit. He's the exact kind of guy Niuewendyk has talked about acquiring, someone who can help th team now, but will still be with us for years to come.
Why do all this for Carter who has scored "30 goals the last 4 years" and not give up a 1st, roster player and a prospect for Nash who has averaged 30+ goals since he came into the league?

Old
02-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson View Post
Why do all this for Carter who has scored "30 goals the last 4 years" and not give up a 1st, roster player and a prospect for Nash who has averaged 30+ goals since he came into the league?
Because I'm pretty sure Nash would take quite a bit more in a trade, and he carries a $2.6 million higher cap hit, for similar recent production. IMO Carter is the smarter guy to go after

Old
02-15-2012, 03:07 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

And Carter's a Center.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

The problem with getting either Carter or Nash is that we'd have too many goal scorers. We NEED players like Ribeiro and well Ribeiro. We don't have any other play makers... Wow.

Hemsky, even though he is older and injury prone is what we'd need if we decide to buy. Playmaker.

Also Lol to the Campbell Soup references.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:49 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

We need talent more than anything. But I agree I don't want to sell the farm for Carter. But if Joe could trade Campbell Glennie and Nemeth or something I'd do it. That wouldn't be enough though we all know.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
We need talent more than anything. But I agree I don't want to sell the farm for Carter. But if Joe could trade Campbell Glennie and Nemeth or something I'd do it. That wouldn't be enough though we all know.
i dunno... he only cost voracek and a 1st... if they sell carter now its probably going to be less than that

Old
02-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Shady12
12-13 FGotG Champion

We'd have too many goal scorers? Lol. Please I desperately want too many goal scorers.

I'd rather have Carter. But only if the plan is for him to play right wing. The deal above is too much. Only cost Columbus Voracek and a first. Probably less now. Maybe Campbell(first round pick) and Vincour(somewhat similar to Voracek).

Old
02-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady12 View Post
We'd have too many goal scorers? Lol. Please I desperately want too many goal scorers.

I'd rather have Carter. But only if the plan is for him to play right wing. The deal above is too much. Only cost Columbus Voracek and a first. Probably less now. Maybe Campbell(first round pick) and Vincour(somewhat similar to Voracek).
If Huselius hadn't exploded I'd say we need him.

Old
02-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady12 View Post

Glennie was the same # pick as the CLB pick and they want defense soooooo

glennie+nemeth for carter

glennie+larsen might be less of a clouds in the head proposal

Closed Thread