HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Boston vs Montreal - 02/15/2012 - 7:30pm

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2012, 12:33 PM
  #101
JohnnyB11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Lets put him on a checking line and then bench him because he's not like Travis Moen! Next we can try Gill as a first line center! Hey he's big, isn't that what we want?
It's quite simple really... all AK has to do is play well enough to deserve to be in the lineup. Sadly his compete level has appeared to be missing completely of late. I have no issue with him sitting if he's unwilling to compete. And it IS willingness, not ability. We all know he has the ability to be a strong top-6 forward.

JohnnyB11 is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 12:38 PM
  #102
Jesse Pinkman
Registered User
 
Jesse Pinkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Nice GDT!

Jesse Pinkman is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 12:39 PM
  #103
Bloumeister
Certifiable
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: in a padded cell
Posts: 5,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
Thanks for the info! If Rask gets the start, I'll shave Thomas' mustache and change the name
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Please don't! Just update it with another Smurf pic. That mustache is a riot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
It's a deal! I already know what I'll do
HA HA!!!

Love it!!!

Too subtle for HFB?

Bloumeister is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 12:40 PM
  #104
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Let's do it!

Gill, Hal (2011-2012)

1G
7 A
-6
33 shots
Shooting 3%

Gomez, Scott (2011-2012)

1G
7A
-4
45 shots
Shooting 2.2%

tomato, to-mah-toe

Never in my wildest nightmares did I envision Gomez being that terrible. This can't be real is it?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 12:41 PM
  #105
Issacar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
It's quite simple really... all AK has to do is play well enough to deserve to be in the lineup. Sadly his compete level has appeared to be missing completely of late. I have no issue with him sitting if he's unwilling to compete. And it IS willingness, not ability. We all know he has the ability to be a strong top-6 forward.
Isn't it the COACH job to motivate his players? To make sure they are ready to compete in the upcoming game?

I've been one of the guy who defended the msot Gomez at work and with friends. But how do you think Andrei feels when he's paired up with Gomez who'se the fireman who extinguises all the players who'se on his line?

Why is Gomez even still in the line up? Geoff Molson doesn't want to suck up his contract? By now I don't think it's because we're a better team with him then without him.

Issacar is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 12:46 PM
  #106
Bloumeister
Certifiable
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: in a padded cell
Posts: 5,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Never in my wildest nightmares did I envision Gomez being that terrible. This can't be real is it?
OK, let's be fair: Gill's stats are "inflated" because he played almost double the games Gomez did (52 vs 27). Just like Cam Ward has as many goals as Gomez, but has played 50 games

Bloumeister is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 12:47 PM
  #107
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
Why is Gomez even still in the line up? Geoff Molson doesn't want to suck up his contract? By now I don't think it's because we're a better team with him then without him.
I agree with you but I think its more practical for the team to waive him this summer. We can't really use his cap hit right now anways and he's still somewhat serviceable.

I wish he was benched when we didn't need him however.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 12:51 PM
  #108
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I agree with you but I think its more practical for the team to waive him this summer. We can't really use his cap hit right now anways and he's still somewhat serviceable.

I wish he was benched when we didn't need him however.
He should have been buried in the summer.

gusfring is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 12:51 PM
  #109
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
It's quite simple really... all AK has to do is play well enough to deserve to be in the lineup. Sadly his compete level has appeared to be missing completely of late. I have no issue with him sitting if he's unwilling to compete. And it IS willingness, not ability. We all know he has the ability to be a strong top-6 forward.
At this point, AK is what he is. No point in trying to make him into what you think he might've had the ability to become. Being what he is, warts and all, he's still one of the best 4 wingers on this team.

Roulin is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 12:52 PM
  #110
Issacar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I agree with you but I think its more practical for the team to waive him this summer. We can't really use his cap hit right now anways and he's still somewhat serviceable.

I wish he was benched when we didn't need him however.
He's stil lsomehwat serviceable? Our team is composed basically of defensive minded forwards and we're trying to get rid of our offensivem inded ones (Cammalleri, Kostitsyn). Don't we have enough defensive forwards to play the 9 minutes Gomez plays? Maybe we wouldn't be stuck with one line who will not score on a game to game basis because Gomez is on that line? I'd rather give Palushaj twice the ice time he's getting as it is...

Issacar is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:11 PM
  #111
roy munson
Registered User
 
roy munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
HA HA!!!

Love it!!!

Too subtle for HFB?
Here's a hint, just in case: isn't Tuukka finish for "in the shadow?"...

roy munson is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:13 PM
  #112
JohnnyB11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
Isn't it the COACH job to motivate his players? To make sure they are ready to compete in the upcoming game?

I've been one of the guy who defended the msot Gomez at work and with friends. But how do you think Andrei feels when he's paired up with Gomez who'se the fireman who extinguises all the players who'se on his line?

Why is Gomez even still in the line up? Geoff Molson doesn't want to suck up his contract? By now I don't think it's because we're a better team with him then without him.
You have to admit that some (if not the majority) of motivation has to come from the individual himself. To put AK's lack of motivation on the coach is a bit much. Cunneyworth seems to be doling out ice time as it's been earned and I have no problem with that. AK can't be that stupid that he doesn't realize this, so simple solution? Play to your ability. He's got that ability, is it Cunneyworth's fault if he decides not to use it?

One of two choices can be made when ice time is reduced: (1) work harder to force the coach to increase your ice time at the expense of some other loafer, or (2) sulk about it, play even worse, and end up getting even less time or maybe even being scratched. Cunneyworth has put the challenge out there to AK, how he chooses to respond is one him.

JohnnyB11 is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:13 PM
  #113
76ftw
24
 
76ftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,503
vCash: 50
Hmm night class tonight. Usually it's NBD as I can watch it in class, but today I have a test so I may miss a part of the game!

That said I am going to sit in the exact same spot I did the other week when we beat the Wings 7-2.

76ftw is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:14 PM
  #114
JohnnyB11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
At this point, AK is what he is. No point in trying to make him into what you think he might've had the ability to become. Being what he is, warts and all, he's still one of the best 4 wingers on this team.
Heck, he can be THE best winger on the team when he's on his game. When he's not, sadly he doesn't factor into anything at all. A lot like Cammalleri was actually.

JohnnyB11 is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:18 PM
  #115
FranksterQc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 164
vCash: 500
Stream

Awesome GDT.

This should be a working stream

FranksterQc is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:20 PM
  #116
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
Heck, he can be THE best winger on the team when he's on his game. When he's not, sadly he doesn't factor into anything at all. A lot like Cammalleri was actually.
That's not true. Just take last game, if I recall correctly, he dished out 2 hits in 4min.
He also isn't useless defensively, and if Bourque, like Cammy before, plays on the PK, I don't see why AK can't.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:21 PM
  #117
Bloumeister
Certifiable
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: in a padded cell
Posts: 5,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
Here's a hint, just in case: isn't Tuukka finish for "in the shadow?"...
'Rask' is Finnish for "at least I'm gonna show up to the White House"

Bloumeister is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:32 PM
  #118
roy munson
Registered User
 
roy munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
'Rask' is Finnish for "at least I'm gonna show up to the White House"
Of course he did, isn't he the substitute goalie?!?

roy munson is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:38 PM
  #119
Bloumeister
Certifiable
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: in a padded cell
Posts: 5,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
Of course he did, isn't he the substitute goalie?!?
Well played

Bloumeister is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:39 PM
  #120
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy
 
ChuckyToGally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,727
vCash: 500
I've placed all my vcash in for tonight's game since we must win this game or we're officially done IMO.

ChuckyToGally is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:43 PM
  #121
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
Haha amazing. These sweet GDT make this ****** season a little better.

TheBuriedHab is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:43 PM
  #122
Xia
Registered User
 
Xia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 164
vCash: 500
Fantastic GDT

Found myself laughing a few times, especially at the inclusion of Dr. Recchi!

Xia is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:51 PM
  #123
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xia View Post
Fantastic GDT

Found myself laughing a few times, especially at the inclusion of Dr. Recchi!
Oh
I havent noticed that

I was looking for a #28 for the habs and the bruins but none came to my mind

llamateizer is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 02:03 PM
  #124
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,892
vCash: 500
Great GDT..

So if Gomez and Kostitsyn are game time decisions and both get scratched who takes their places.. White and who?

sheed36 is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 02:10 PM
  #125
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
I envy your Stanley Cup.
It is pretty isn't it

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.