HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Del Zotto Quietly leading Team in +/- (among the league leaders)

Old
12-31-2011, 01:18 PM
mcsauer2738

vCash: 500
I absolutely love the edge MDZ plays with as well. He's very physical for his size and really doesn't back down. I'm calling it now, he's going to get into his first fight this year and do surprisingly well due to Prust's training haha. My prediction is that he'll either fight kopecky or marchand in the battle of noses.

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 01:37 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Just goes to show that people shouldn't be so quick to write off any 20 year old.

More importantly, it goes to show that people shouldn't expect players to make the NHL and play at star level two years after the draft. We do this every draft.

"When do you think our first rounder this year will make it and what's his potential?"

"He'll make it in 2 years. He'll be a borderline first-second liner."

Go review the thread for ANY first round pick and you'll see this multiple times in every one of them.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:41 AM
mullichicken25

Instead of creating another "Apreciation Thread" I thought I'd bump this bad boy to point some things out

Del Zotto:
7 points in the last 9 games
2nd on the team in assists (3 behind Stepen)
5th on the team in points
3rd on the team in TOI per game
+ 27 (1st on team, 3rd in league)
Has half as many giveaways as Girardi, and 11 less than McD
121 hits (5th on team, 2nd among defense)

hats off to this kid...looked good all season and has raised his game even more over the last few weeks

mullichicken25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Pugs35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
Instead of creating another "Apreciation Thread" I thought I'd bump this bad boy to point some things out

Del Zotto:
7 points in the last 9 games
2nd on the team in assists (3 behind Stepen)
5th on the team in points
3rd on the team in TOI per game
+ 27 (1st on team, 3rd in league)
Has half as many giveaways as Girardi, and 11 less than McD
121 hits (5th on team, 2nd among defense)

hats off to this kid...looked good all season and has raised his game even more over the last few weeks
Well deserved. He had a ridiculous December with I think 14 pts in 15 games before slumping in January with the rest of the team and only scoring 4 pts and a -1. Though his defensive play never suffered.

He already has 5 points in February and he's playing some great hockey, as he has all year and is a huge part of why theyre in 1st.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:48 AM
SherWood Lumber 76

His hitting has been impressive for a guy still not out of his adolescent frame.

Kudos to Torts/Sullivan for getting guys like Eminger, Del Zotto, Stralman, Woywitka to use the body, and use it effectively. The penalties when it comes to landing hard hits are really low it seems. Brian Leetch was great at that. At his size he had to be, beginning to see that with MDZ.

SherWood Lumber 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:51 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherWood Lumber 76 View Post
His hitting has been impressive for a guy still not out of his adolescent frame.

Kudos to Torts/Sullivan for getting guys like Eminger, Del Zotto, Stralman, Woywitka to use the body, and use it effectively. The penalties when it comes to landing hard hits are really low it seems. Brian Leetch was great at that. At his size he had to be, beginning to see that with MDZ.
MDZ has always been physical. He threw a few mean hip checks his rookie year. He's smarter about his physicality now, though. He isn't chasing guys down.

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:51 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Best story of the season for this team. Remarkable turn around, and he has kept up the strong play for a while now. I love how Richards, Gaborik, DZ and Cally are showing some chemistry on the PP now. They desperately need Del Zotto to continue to become an offensive facilitator, which he is doing this season. If he continues to add to his offense, it will mean acquiring that one top LW will be the only significant piece this team will need to add to be an absolute monster for years to come.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:13 PM
SherWood Lumber 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
MDZ has always been physical. He threw a few mean hip checks his rookie year. He's smarter about his physicality now, though. He isn't chasing guys down.
Physicality was there but the effectiveness on average was not. He's not chasing guys down, just like I said, the coaches have done a great job of keeping him going after he really could have faltered after last season.

SherWood Lumber 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:23 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

MDZ is a stud and I personally believe he's every bit as good as McDonagh.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:28 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Best story of the season for this team. Remarkable turn around, and he has kept up the strong play for a while now. I love how Richards, Gaborik, DZ and Cally are showing some chemistry on the PP now. They desperately need Del Zotto to continue to become an offensive facilitator, which he is doing this season. If he continues to add to his offense, it will mean acquiring that one top LW will be the only significant piece this team will need to add to be an absolute monster for years to come.
That LW's name is Chris Kreider.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
That LW's name is Chris Kreider.
Agree w/both you guys.

What we're see from Del Zotto is just scratching the surface. He's just starting to figure out what it will take to incorporate offense into his game while keeping the defense rock solid.

His rookie year he lived off those passes he made after circling behind his own net. By his second year it was obvious he'd gone to that well way too often. This year he's successfully made defense the bed rock. If he could now figure out a way to spring Gabby, Hags and then Kreider with some touch down bombs, our transition on both PK & 5X5 would be deadly.

A team with that combination of speed and passing is a cast iron B!$&# to play against.....and a whole lot of fun to watch.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:41 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Glad we didn't give up on him like half of HF wanted! Patience is key with young players, particularly defenseman.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

We could possibly have our whole top 4 be All Stars. And then there are also Erixon and Sauer.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote