HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Blackhawks

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2012, 02:43 PM
NYRSchrute217

vCash: 500
Henrik tomorrow. Give Chicago their 10th loss in a row. Biron doesn't need to get in once every 4 games. He'll rest in March

Old
02-15-2012, 02:48 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
didn't that exact thing happen with york and poti? or at least right after the game? can't remember but they were def in town
Rangers traded York for Poti on 3/19/02.
They played the Canucks that day and Red Wings prior (both at home).

On 3/20 Edmonton played SJS @ home
On 3/16 Edmonton played WAS @ home

Old
02-15-2012, 02:51 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Chicago is on an 8 game losing streak.

Biron.
They also have Patrick Kane, Jonathon Toews, and Marian Hossa.

Hank, definitely.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:09 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
They also have Patrick Kane, Jonathon Toews, and Marian Hossa.

Hank, definitely.
Silly reasoning. Hawks game means nothing to us. Play Biron. Rest Hank. We have way too many double headers the rest of the season. No need to play Hank against a reeling Hawks squad.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:12 PM
MadHookUp

I think the Hawks will feel that if they win this game against the Rangers, it will get them out of their recent funk. So I think they are going to show up for this one. So I say to start Henrik and put Biron in against Colombus. I think we should try to keep winning games now, then give Henrik a little rest before the playoffs start when he really needs it.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:14 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Silly reasoning. Hawks game means nothing to us. Play Biron. Rest Hank. We have way too many double headers the rest of the season. No need to play Hank against a reeling Hawks squad.
Means nothing to us? Just because we're up 9 points on the Bruins doesn't mean we can throw games. I think people are going overboard on letting Hank get rest. If he plays 62 games he's not going to be deathly tired for the playoffs. Let Hank get into a groove after ******** on the Bruins last night.

Do you really think the Hawks aren't going to show up to try and prove themselves against the best team in the league? Hank plays, win the game, keep his momentum AND the team momentum going, and let Biron beat the Jackets.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:18 PM
SnowblindNYR

I think it would make a lot more sense to say rest Hank against Chicago if we didn't have a perfect opportunity to rest him against the Blue Jackets.

But Hank looked incredibly tired after the Bruins game.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

it just makes more sense to play him against the hawks because you want Biron in against the Jackets...Jackets can't score, and Biron has looked AWFUL in net for a good little while here.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, and company say hello. Play Hank tomorrow, play Biron against Columbus.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Means nothing to us? Just because we're up 9 points on the Bruins doesn't mean we can throw games. I think people are going overboard on letting Hank get rest. If he plays 62 games he's not going to be deathly tired for the playoffs. Let Hank get into a groove after ******** on the Bruins last night.

Do you really think the Hawks aren't going to show up to try and prove themselves against the best team in the league? Hank plays, win the game, keep his momentum AND the team momentum going, and let Biron beat the Jackets.
Again: You sit Hank against the OOC teams. You PLAY Hank against the in conference teams. That's what we should be doing. In conference points mean far, far more in the long run.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Again: You sit Hank against the OOC teams. You PLAY Hank against the in conference teams. That's what we should be doing. In conference points mean far, far more in the long run.
Columbus is out of conference too. You going to sit the hottest goalie in the NHL for 2 straight games?

Old
02-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
What's the difference? If Boston wins tonight and we lose tomorrow, we're only 7 points up on them as opposed to 9. What the hell is this "in conference points are more important" bull-****? EVERY point is important. Why does it matter who you're playing? If you're playing an offensive juggernaut, such as the Hawks, despite their slump, you play your #1 goalie, and that would be Hank.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

jeez...just looked at Henriks stats...he's had shutouts in 4 of his last 10 GP...thats insane.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:51 PM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Switching gears, is Feds coming back tomorrow or it's Bickel again in a forward spot?

Old
02-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

OT: but how many people are planning to attend the Jackets game?

Old
02-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
Switching gears, is Feds coming back tomorrow or it's Bickel again in a forward spot?
Looks like Feds is experiencing concussion like symptoms. Torts said he wasn't feeling well and was working with the trainer today.

I don't know if that means Bickel is playing either. Wolski's stint is up, we're not playing against division/conference rivals, so this finally might mean that Wolski gets his chance, at least for the next 2 games.

Biron in net tomorrow. I think Torts has made it clear that he trusts Biron in any situation. He's played Hank a lot recently. I think it helps that the Blackhawks are slumping.

The only reason I think Hank played against Washington on Sunday (perfect opportunity for Biron to play) is because they have a good shot of sneaking in and playing as the 8th seed in the playoffs. The more Hank sees of them the better feel he will get for their tendencies if we were to match up against them. But this being an out of conference game, and with Hank playing in like 3 of the last 4 days, I definitely think he's getting the night off. I'm not in favor of giving Biron two in a row however, because I am not willing to get Hank off of this hot streak he's riding.

Old
02-15-2012, 04:09 PM
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title

nevermind got beaten to it.

Old
02-15-2012, 04:10 PM
drewcon40

I certainly could see the justification for Biron but I think with the schedule, it keeps a rhythm. Biron understands his role. If I stick to the schedule in the original post.

Henrik plays Thursday, Tuesday, Friday, Monday (2/27)
Marty plays Sunday and Saturday.

Ironically, that is 2 home games in a row that Marty would be between the pipes.

kenjets - great point. I thought Biron was slated for a Sunday start, for sure.

Old
02-15-2012, 04:24 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:

Agree with this.

Old
02-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Colby
HFB Partner

If Hank starts on Thursday, he'll still get a decent rest until the following Tuesday since it seems pretty obvious it will be Biron against CBJ on Sunday. Totally understand both sides of the argument, though.

Old
02-15-2012, 04:58 PM
mti79

As for the goaltending question: if Hank feels up to it, play him against Chicago. If he's tired after last night's epic performance, then play Marty. I trust Biron because I trust our system. Marty has been good and it's a far cry from previous seasons when we'd play our backup and pray for a good game.

I'd like to see Wolski get back in the lineup. See if he can get going. He's healthy, did well in CT, and needs to do something. If he can add some depth scoring for this team, then we may not need to go out and trade for someone and therefore we don't have to give up anyone.

Woywitka is done with this team. He came in, played a decent game and held that 6/7 spot for a while. Now, with Stralman signing and playing way better than many of us expected and with Bickel playing a solid role and Emmy back healthy, we just don't need Woywitka hanging around. I don't see the Rangers carrying that many d-men, but who knows. Waived to CT or traded for a late pick/future considerations is my guess.

Old
02-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Don't want Wolski on this team. Torts isn't going to put him in the top 6, and he's useless otherwise. Horrible contract that we have to dump.

Old
02-15-2012, 05:30 PM
drewcon40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Don't want Wolski on this team. Torts isn't going to put him in the top 6, and he's useless otherwise. Horrible contract that we have to dump.
Henrik - yes. Wolski's contract is up at season's end. It might not be that difficult to move. The team taking on the contract is on the hook until the season's end. A Wolski's trade would likely be a throw in to balance salaries rather than be a centerpiece. Worst case scenario is he stays on the books until July.

Old
02-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40 View Post
Henrik - yes. Wolski's contract is up at season's end. It might not be that difficult to move. The team taking on the contract is on the hook until the season's end. A Wolski's trade would likely be a throw in to balance salaries rather than be a centerpiece. Worst case scenario is he stays on the books until July.
Could they get any mid round draft pick with it?

Old
02-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedy88 View Post
Let Hank play vs the Hawks, Marty gets the start vs. the Blue Jackets.
Agree. We always lose against the Blue Jackets so Id rather not see Henriks GAA get demolished. Let Marty play and maybe we win for once.

Closed Thread