HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Call-up Kadri, Colborne and or Frattin

Old
02-15-2012, 02:18 PM
egd27
#freethebigpicture

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabowaffle84 View Post
There is the answer right there. Take a chance and call up Zigo. I would rather him on the 3rd/4th line then our other scrubs.
If Zigo is the answer, what's the question?
Who has 4 goals and 5 assists over the past 5 NHL seasons?

egd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

Quote:
Originally Posted by egd27 View Post
If Zigo is the answer, what's the question?
Who has 4 goals and 5 assists over the past 5 NHL seasons?
6 assists. Who is, a player who can't skate at a NHL level, Alex. I'll take Potpourri for $400.

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:29 PM
Rinzler

Can't call up players you don't have room for. If Burke feels he has better players on the Marlies than he does on the Leafs, he'll have to clear the decks first.

Maybe the Leafs are sellers & buyers again just like last year.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:40 PM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apb03 View Post
Can't call up players you don't have room for. If Burke feels he has better players on the Marlies than he does on the Leafs, he'll have to clear the decks first.

Maybe the Leafs are sellers & buyers again just like last year.
If we can relieve ourselves of Lombo, Komi and Arm while picking up late round picks or decent prospects, it will make our team MUCH better next year. Kadri, Frattin and Colborne are all capable of playing in the NHL next year, and next year Connolly will have 1 year left so, that makes him a good rental player for a lot of teams and we can get something for him.

FishManSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:44 PM
caribouPINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALDAL View Post
People who think Kadri is ready over Colborne is smoking some weird crack lol
The more I read your posts the more I think you don't know anything about hockey. First "get Gomez, get Wolski" now "Colborne is more ready than Kadri." Colborne is the least ready of the 3 (Frattin, Kadri, Colborne). I marvel at your posts.

caribouPINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:45 PM
goguls

How about we don't bench Armstrong... unless he's secretly injured.
In which case, throw him on the IR and call up Colborne. Throw the kid a bone and keep him hungry.

Lupul- Colborne/Bozak - Kessel
MacArthur - Grabovski - Kulemin
Lambo - Bozak/Colborne - Crabb
Brown - Steckel - Boyce/Rosehill

Give TC a few healthy scratches to wake his ass up.
Yeah, I have all the answers.

If Armstrong isn't secretly injured, PLAY HIM. Isn't anybody wondering why he's been a healthy scratch these past few games?
Are people okay with this? I didn't think he played that bad.

goguls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:45 PM
khennig16*
Bikini Inspector

yes lets drop our two best PK'ers for 2 rookies. GREAT IDEA!!!! [connolly and Lombo]
if anything send Rosehill down, he's eating up a roster spot and isn't even ****ing playing, then bring up Frattin.

khennig16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:51 PM
SteveV*

People realize that Kadri was ONLY sent down because he was the one who could clear waivers right? My goodness, you listen to some of the toolboxes in here and you just want to scream. Hey, I thought Kadri should have been in the AHL earlier this year, but his most recent stint proved to me that he wasn't a defensive liability anymore and if given the chance to play with some other skill players, he could succeed. His demotion wasn't based on merit, so let's not rewrite history shall we. One caveat, he hasn't rocked the joint since his demotion, but it also took Frattin awhile to find his AHL game when he was demoted.

My order right now is Frattin, Kadri, then Colborne for callups.

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:56 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by khennig16 View Post
yes lets drop our two best PK'ers for 2 rookies. GREAT IDEA!!!! [connolly and Lombo]
Lombardi probably averages 5 or 6th most time on the PK for forwards over the last 10 games, please get a clue. "Best" penalty killers usually are in your top PK unit, apart from last night, Lombardi RARELY is. Anyways I keep putting up the PK stat times, but people like you just keep making **** up. The fact you're actually sarcastic in retort is even more amusing

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:08 PM
philer Bozel
It's Playoff Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
The team went through slumps with Frattin and Kadri in the lineup also. I'm around to help people with bad memories.
Aweh yea, 4 games loosing streak and Mr.moose wants no changes!

philer Bozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:07 PM
SHoot85

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
People realize that Kadri was ONLY sent down because he was the one who could clear waivers right? My goodness, you listen to some of the toolboxes in here and you just want to scream. Hey, I thought Kadri should have been in the AHL earlier this year, but his most recent stint proved to me that he wasn't a defensive liability anymore and if given the chance to play with some other skill players, he could succeed. His demotion wasn't based on merit, so let's not rewrite history shall we. One caveat, he hasn't rocked the joint since his demotion, but it also took Frattin awhile to find his AHL game when he was demoted.

My order right now is Frattin, Kadri, then Colborne for callups.
You sound quite "toolboxey" yourself. So because many of us want to bring up Kadri, it means that we didn't know he was sent down b/c of his options??? If you haven't noticed sir, we are fighting for a playoff spot. At some point you need to field (ice) the best team possible regardless of salaries/options. Understand??

SHoot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:09 PM
SHoot85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post
kadri is not more physical than lombardi or Crabb, though perhaps connolly. Kadri has 6 points in 19 nhl games this year...certainly nothing special. I'd rather keep in the AHL until he shows he can score more than that at the NHL level.
with all due respect, there is no world where kadri isn't more physical than lombo. crabb MIGHT be more physical, but he is entirely useless otherwise. he's one of the dumbest leaf forwards imo.

SHoot85 is offline   Reply With Quote