HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Three things I would try:

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2012, 01:57 PM
  #126
patty59
***************
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubofhockey View Post
Five hours from faceoff here in Montreal....and I have every confindence that:

1. Thomas will start.
2. Seguin will be a winger.
3. Corvo will dress.

Enjoy the poutine...I'm here all night.

hub
Great idea, I think I'll make that for supper tonight.

Do you think putting Bodnarchuk in over Corvo would be an upgrade? Honest question as I'm not so sure.

I thought for sure Rask would get the start tonight, but it appears that they are trying to get Thomas going for the stretch run into the playoffs. Or maybe showcasing him

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:58 PM
  #127
patty59
***************
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
I am fine with all of this as long as he shakes up the lines A LOT. I would like him to use my line up so if you talk to CJ prior to the game let him know I want. Because it is all about me.

Lucic - Bergy - Seguin
Marchand - Kerjci - Pev
Paille - Kelly - Thornton
Caron - Soup - Poo

I doubt we'll see any major shake ups to the lines. CJ almost never does this, he'll make a minor tweak,but never anything major.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:04 PM
  #128
Scotto74
Moderator
Back in Blue!
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
I doubt we'll see any major shake ups to the lines. CJ almost never does this, he'll make a minor tweak,but never anything major.
You're probably right. Now I am getting upset.

Frist the videos get me pumped up and now I am getting mad there will be NO changes.


Stop playing with my emotions.

__________________
Love the city, hate the Hab™


BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:38 PM
  #129
scotiahockey
Insider
 
scotiahockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ahwatukee, AZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,136
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to scotiahockey Send a message via MSN to scotiahockey Send a message via Yahoo to scotiahockey Send a message via Skype™ to scotiahockey
One thing I wish you would try Mr Dupont. =-)

Stop trying to be an NHL coach, it is clear that you are not well equipped for wearing that hat.

Or, let's just question everything the Memorial Cup, and Stanley Cup winning Claude Julien, who has also won the coach of the year honors in the AHL and in the NHL levels in his storied 15 year coaching career.

I appreciate that you are trying to stir up some response and emotion, but in my opinion, with a decade of coaching junior hockey under my belt, your ideas are akin to a "whiffed on" clearing attempt that would be picked off at the blue line and turned into a great scoring chance by the opposing team.

Seguin will be at center soon enough, but the one constant on this team is that the Bergeron line has been the most dangerous line for the Bruins since that loss to Vancouver. Don't take what's working and foul it up. Jiggle a bit with the other pieces, sure, but not this line, not now.

I would like to see: (C W W)

37 63 19
46 17 38
23 49 67
11 22 20

This lineup has been utilized a bit, with 46 being moved up and down and bit, and 49 and 17 getting moved around too, but in my opinion it keeps an effective 1st line, 3rd line and 4th line together and Krecji's line is going to have to dig deep and "get it". Lucic is the key. He has to be skating like he did against Nashville.
The other three lines have proven to be good solid units, but all the shuffling and juggling of Peverley moving up and down and more recently Krecji, has pushed the line off balance, and by keeping them together, the lines will be able to work back to playing with trust that they did in Nov and Dec.

Kampfer is not the answer on D. I am the biggest Kampfer supporter on the whole boards. I think he a potential long term solution for the Bruins PMD problem, but we already have Savard and Horton on the shelf with soft melons. Kampfer is playing a timid brand of hockey, and should be shelved, in my opnion, a la Crosby, until he can return with the confidence he had when he blew up Eric Cole in the offensive side of the NZ in the preseason. Corvo is abashedly suspect, but he is the best option the Bruins have. I wish they would take a flyer on Bryan McCabe, try him out as a 7th, and to push Corvo as he gets back in game shape, out of the top 6. Kampfer is bad. Bodnarchuk is worse, and Bartkowksi is worse still. Go with the devil you know until you can find a better devil... Corvo played well enough during the 21-1-1 stretch or whatever ridiculous record the B's had during that period.

I will agree that Thomas needs to be snapped back into focus. I'd Give Rask 5 games in a row at this point. I'd try to piss Thomas off actually. Make him REALLY uncomfortable. I believe that the Bruins will trade him in the off season. But, that has no bearing on THIS season. He needs to play better, period. Rask wants to prove himself... give him the shot.

So KDP, 1 out of 3 may be good in baseball, but baseball sucks. =-)

scotiahockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:01 PM
  #130
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Game time, baby
Country: United States
Posts: 38,785
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiahockey View Post
Stop trying to be an NHL coach, it is clear that you are not well equipped for wearing that hat.

Or, let's just question everything the Memorial Cup, and Stanley Cup winning Claude Julien, who has also won the coach of the year honors in the AHL and in the NHL levels in his storied 15 year coaching career.

I appreciate that you are trying to stir up some response and emotion, but in my opinion, with a decade of coaching junior hockey under my belt, your ideas are akin to a "whiffed on" clearing attempt that would be picked off at the blue line and turned into a great scoring chance by the opposing team.

Seguin will be at center soon enough, but the one constant on this team is that the Bergeron line has been the most dangerous line for the Bruins since that loss to Vancouver. Don't take what's working and foul it up. Jiggle a bit with the other pieces, sure, but not this line, not now.

I would like to see: (C W W)

37 63 19
46 17 38
23 49 67
11 22 20

This lineup has been utilized a bit, with 46 being moved up and down and bit, and 49 and 17 getting moved around too, but in my opinion it keeps an effective 1st line, 3rd line and 4th line together and Krecji's line is going to have to dig deep and "get it". Lucic is the key. He has to be skating like he did against Nashville.
The other three lines have proven to be good solid units, but all the shuffling and juggling of Peverley moving up and down and more recently Krecji, has pushed the line off balance, and by keeping them together, the lines will be able to work back to playing with trust that they did in Nov and Dec.

Kampfer is not the answer on D. I am the biggest Kampfer supporter on the whole boards. I think he a potential long term solution for the Bruins PMD problem, but we already have Savard and Horton on the shelf with soft melons. Kampfer is playing a timid brand of hockey, and should be shelved, in my opnion, a la Crosby, until he can return with the confidence he had when he blew up Eric Cole in the offensive side of the NZ in the preseason. Corvo is abashedly suspect, but he is the best option the Bruins have. I wish they would take a flyer on Bryan McCabe, try him out as a 7th, and to push Corvo as he gets back in game shape, out of the top 6. Kampfer is bad. Bodnarchuk is worse, and Bartkowksi is worse still. Go with the devil you know until you can find a better devil... Corvo played well enough during the 21-1-1 stretch or whatever ridiculous record the B's had during that period.

I will agree that Thomas needs to be snapped back into focus. I'd Give Rask 5 games in a row at this point. I'd try to piss Thomas off actually. Make him REALLY uncomfortable. I believe that the Bruins will trade him in the off season. But, that has no bearing on THIS season. He needs to play better, period. Rask wants to prove himself... give him the shot.

So KDP, 1 out of 3 may be good in baseball, but baseball sucks. =-)
No offense coach, but how does this fit into the 'what's working don't foul it up' frame of mind?

Last 12 games...

Bergeron 2-6-8
Seguin 3-1-4
Marchand 3-3-6

That's good enough for you?

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:02 PM
  #131
SerenityRick
Registered User
 
SerenityRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Moultonborough, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 14,498
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Thomas and Rask aren't the problem. Figuring out which of them should start at this point is folly. The problem is that the Bruins aren't burying their chances. Pure and simple. So I'm all for a line shakeup or more tweaks.. but being upset that Timmy is starting tonight vs. Rask or vice versa is a waste of emotion.

Thomas and Rask can't help horrible D-coverage or unlucky bounce/tip-ins.. they also can't score goals. Definitely need to focus on getting the forward group contributing instead of having needless bickering over what is or isn't a 'soft' goal during the game.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:04 PM
  #132
bp13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,025
vCash: 500
Have to say I didn't want to see Timmy tonight. I don't really follow that choice.

Obviously CJ knows way more than me or any of us, but it disappoints me to be sure.

bp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:06 PM
  #133
Scotto74
Moderator
Back in Blue!
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
No offense coach, but how does this fit into the 'what's working don't foul it up' frame of mind?

Last 12 games...

Bergeron 2-6-8
Seguin 3-1-4
Marchand 3-3-6

That's good enough for you?
I am with you Lou. I think it is time to shake up all the lines this one included. They are not the line they were early in the season.

Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:07 PM
  #134
SerenityRick
Registered User
 
SerenityRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Moultonborough, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 14,498
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Have to say I didn't want to see Timmy tonight. I don't really follow that choice.

Obviously CJ knows way more than me or any of us, but it disappoints me to be sure.
What should disappoint you is how inept the Bruins have become at scoring goals... not what their goaltending choice is.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:11 PM
  #135
SerenityRick
Registered User
 
SerenityRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Moultonborough, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 14,498
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
I am with you Lou. I think it is time to shake up all the lines this one included. They are not the line they were early in the season.
Not sure why Claude hasn't gone with it yet but I really want to see Lucic - Krejci - Seguin together. Earlier in the year Seguin "woke up" Lucic and got him going (that or it was a coincidence) and whenever Seguin is on the ice with Krejci (usually between line changes) they seem to find eachother rather easily and get something going.

Marchand - Bergeron - Peverley
Lucic - Krejci - Seguin
Pouliot - Kelly - Hennessy (might as well try him out) /shrug

Not a complete revamp of the lineup but something we haven't seen yet.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:12 PM
  #136
bigbadbruins7
Registered User
 
bigbadbruins7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 2,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubofhockey View Post
After watching them go 3-5-0 since the Team-Minus-One visit to WH:

1. Seguin to center. 2. Corvo out, insert Kampfer

3. Hand Rask three straight starts.

- hub
Who would seguin play with because I don't think there is a chance Julien will take bergeron out of the middle?

bigbadbruins7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:13 PM
  #137
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Johnny Bran Muffins
 
Mike Yeos Eyebrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fall River
Country: United States
Posts: 17,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 View Post
Who would seguin play with because I don't think there is a chance Julien will take bergeron out of the middle?
Lucic and Kelly

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:14 PM
  #138
Sam the Lion
**** the Habs
 
Sam the Lion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Texas USA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
I am fine with all of this as long as he shakes up the lines A LOT. I would like him to use my line up so if you talk to CJ prior to the game let him know I want. Because it is all about me.

Lucic - Bergy - Seguin
Marchand - Kerjci - Pev
Paille - Kelly - Thornton
Caron - Soup - Poo
I like the **** out of those lines - except switch Thorton/Pouliot. Caron can really learn to dig/battle on the fourth.

Sam the Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:15 PM
  #139
Wilhelm Scream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
Lucic Krejci Seguin (load up the top line with our best offensive players)
Marchand Bergeron Caron (Caron does the Recchi type work. Wall play, goes to net)
Pouliot Kelly Peverly (they carried the team for a few games and KelPevs get the most out of Pouliot)
4th line. Our most consistent line all season(s). They do what they do, all the time.

Wilhelm Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:19 PM
  #140
Scotto74
Moderator
Back in Blue!
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delbert Grady View Post
I like the **** out of those lines - except switch Thorton/Pouliot. Caron can really learn to dig/battle on the fourth.
that works for me. I posted this same line up in a post in the begining of the thread and said exactly the same thing that I would be fine swapping Thonrton and Poo.

edit: it was post 88 on page 4 not really the begining of the thread.

Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:23 PM
  #141
mattbnh
Registered User
 
mattbnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Hampster
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
I am with you Lou. I think it is time to shake up all the lines this one included. They are not the line they were early in the season.
My take is that they are being defended against like a first line, with good reason.
They are still playing well but they have not really risen to the next level:

Unstoppable by every team's best.

The key is to put more pressure on with the other lines so at least one lesser player is defending against them. They will be back on the scoresheet then.

But now is a good time to juggle, in my opinion. Team needs a change and a wake-up.

mattbnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:23 PM
  #142
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiahockey View Post
Stop trying to be an NHL coach, it is clear that you are not well equipped for wearing that hat.
It's kind of silly to chastise someone on a message board for attempting to "be a coach" then go on a long diatribe essentially trying to be a coach yourself... no?

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:26 PM
  #143
bwunderlich
Registered User
 
bwunderlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: woodstock, ny
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Congrats on the Ali-like return KPD!

Good thread, thoughtful responses from some long-in-the-tooth members . . .just need Neely, Bruwinz, JFM, with a smattering of the snicker doodle.

Hope to see you St Patty's day Gorskic - maybe my wife will get that green bruins hat this year.

No problem here with any of the three possibilities.

Like the idea of keeping duos together and plugging in 3rd wingers as needed.

bergy-marchy - (pencil in Caron until whitney comes)
DK-Lucic - (pencil in Paile to give line some defensive responsibility)
Seguin-Pevs (pencil in Kelly)
Campbell-Thornton (pencil in Poo or switch with Caron)

bwunderlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:46 PM
  #144
scotiahockey
Insider
 
scotiahockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ahwatukee, AZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,136
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to scotiahockey Send a message via MSN to scotiahockey Send a message via Yahoo to scotiahockey Send a message via Skype™ to scotiahockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
No offense coach, but how does this fit into the 'what's working don't foul it up' frame of mind?

Last 12 games...

Bergeron 2-6-8
Seguin 3-1-4
Marchand 3-3-6

That's good enough for you?
It isn't great, i admit, but they create chances on almost every shift. They all play better because they play together. When coaches messed with my lines, as a player, I always felt that they didn't ave faith in me. I would stick with this line as vehemently as CJ did with Krecji, Lucic and Horton though the slumps they had last year.

Is it good enough? no, but yin/yang Lou. We know they have chemistry together. In the last 12 games how many official scoring chances has this line created? I can think of about a dozen that just didn't go in for Marchand and another half dozen for Seguin and Bergie each. Can't say the same for the other lines...

Maybe i'm getting old and senile, but i leave these three together. period.

scotiahockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:49 PM
  #145
scotiahockey
Insider
 
scotiahockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ahwatukee, AZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,136
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to scotiahockey Send a message via MSN to scotiahockey Send a message via Yahoo to scotiahockey Send a message via Skype™ to scotiahockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
It's kind of silly to chastise someone on a message board for attempting to "be a coach" then go on a long diatribe essentially trying to be a coach yourself... no?
Perhaps. =-) but the "=-)" i used could be taken to mean it was a tongue in cheek kind of thing.. but maybe some missed my intended tone.. eh? =-)

scotiahockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:51 PM
  #146
theironshiek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wakefield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 30
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubofhockey View Post
One ES goal (Paille) in three games. Not sure line components concern, but...

17-46-49

63-37-38

20-19-23

67-11-22
I think I'd rather have Seguin as a wing on a scoring line than centering two of your best grinders. 63-37-19 has been working all year. They consistently provide much needed energy and scoring chances every game. I would have them as the first line. I like Peverly filling in anywhere. He proved he could produce in the Stanley cup finals when Horty went down.

theironshiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:55 PM
  #147
Bergeron37
Registered User
 
Bergeron37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,958
vCash: 500
You can't really blame Rask for playing poorly vs Buffalo and poorly in the 2 games prior to the Buffalo game. I mean, he has absolutely zero incentive to perform well. It's not like he will overtake Thomas as the #1 goalie even if he stands on his head, so what's the point? If he is great, he won't get more playing time. If he sucks, he won't get more playing time. So what's the difference to him? That is the system the Bruins have created with their goalies. Must be extremely frustrating for him, he has been better than Thomas this year but he only gets half the starts. I don't get it.

Bergeron37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:57 PM
  #148
RaybCamn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Tyler S is just to fast for most of the players on the team, Brad Marchard is the only one that can keep up.
Tyler S should be a center leading the attack in the offence zone he is a very good passer and can shoot the heck out of the puck.

Here is my lines.

Lucic, Bergeron David K I think David K can benefit from Bergeron and his relentless play. I would be a good d line too. Bergeron can feed the puck and shoot, Lucic can slam it and, and DK can pass intill the cows come home. I also do not care that DK is a center offensive players like Dk can play wing.

Brad Marchard Tyler S Caron I know people are gonna think that breaks up the Bergeron line, right now we have one good line thats it. You are not gonna get very far with that. 3 deceit lines and one good line does not cut it. This would give up 2 good lines with potential on the third

Paille Kelly Peverley

Thorton Campbell insert inspiring rookie here give someone a shot. Or crazy thought Corvo at LW hes certainly has more Offensive skill than D.

RaybCamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:10 PM
  #149
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiahockey View Post
Perhaps. =-) but the "=-)" i used could be taken to mean it was a tongue in cheek kind of thing.. but maybe some missed my intended tone.. eh? =-)
Ah my apologies, I thought it was a satirical smile meant to enhance the last statemen, somewhat akin to someone laughing at their own joke.

Tone is pretty hard to convey over a message board, and in your case it may be even more difficult...

Quote:
Stop trying to be an NHL coach, it is clear that you are not well equipped for wearing that hat.

Or, let's just question everything the Memorial Cup, and Stanley Cup winning Claude Julien, who has also won the coach of the year honors in the AHL and in the NHL levels in his storied 15 year coaching career.
...sure doesn't come across as tongue in cheek.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:14 PM
  #150
scotiahockey
Insider
 
scotiahockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ahwatukee, AZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,136
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to scotiahockey Send a message via MSN to scotiahockey Send a message via Yahoo to scotiahockey Send a message via Skype™ to scotiahockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Ah my apologies, I thought it was a satirical smile meant to enhance the last statemen, somewhat akin to someone laughing at their own joke.

Tone is pretty hard to convey over a message board, and in your case it may be even more difficult...



...sure doesn't come across as tongue in cheek.
Perhaps you are right. =-) Perhaps..

I do laugh at my own jokes..

scotiahockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.