Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Three things I would try:

Old
02-15-2012, 04:57 PM
RaybCamn

vCash: 500
Tyler S is just to fast for most of the players on the team, Brad Marchard is the only one that can keep up.
Tyler S should be a center leading the attack in the offence zone he is a very good passer and can shoot the heck out of the puck.

Here is my lines.

Lucic, Bergeron David K I think David K can benefit from Bergeron and his relentless play. I would be a good d line too. Bergeron can feed the puck and shoot, Lucic can slam it and, and DK can pass intill the cows come home. I also do not care that DK is a center offensive players like Dk can play wing.

Brad Marchard Tyler S Caron I know people are gonna think that breaks up the Bergeron line, right now we have one good line thats it. You are not gonna get very far with that. 3 deceit lines and one good line does not cut it. This would give up 2 good lines with potential on the third

Paille Kelly Peverley

Thorton Campbell insert inspiring rookie here give someone a shot. Or crazy thought Corvo at LW hes certainly has more Offensive skill than D.

RaybCamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiahockey View Post
Perhaps. =-) but the "=-)" i used could be taken to mean it was a tongue in cheek kind of thing.. but maybe some missed my intended tone.. eh? =-)
Ah my apologies, I thought it was a satirical smile meant to enhance the last statemen, somewhat akin to someone laughing at their own joke.

Tone is pretty hard to convey over a message board, and in your case it may be even more difficult...

Quote:
Stop trying to be an NHL coach, it is clear that you are not well equipped for wearing that hat.

Or, let's just question everything the Memorial Cup, and Stanley Cup winning Claude Julien, who has also won the coach of the year honors in the AHL and in the NHL levels in his storied 15 year coaching career.
...sure doesn't come across as tongue in cheek.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:14 PM
scotiahockey
Insider

Send a message via AIM to scotiahockey Send a message via MSN to scotiahockey Send a message via Yahoo to scotiahockey Send a message via Skype™ to scotiahockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Ah my apologies, I thought it was a satirical smile meant to enhance the last statemen, somewhat akin to someone laughing at their own joke.

Tone is pretty hard to convey over a message board, and in your case it may be even more difficult...

...sure doesn't come across as tongue in cheek.
Perhaps you are right. =-) Perhaps..

I do laugh at my own jokes..

scotiahockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Boston Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubofhockey View Post
One ES goal (Paille) in three games. Not sure line components concern, but...

17-46-49

63-37-38

20-19-23

67-11-22
my modifications

17-46-19 - or 17-46-38

63-37-38 - 63-37-19

regular 3 / 4 lines.

not big on moving pev around so much.

keep the 3 lines that worked good in our run, and work a winger with some premium ice time with looch and krecji.

not my cup of tea to rattle the roster because of one man's injury.

If Caron doesnt cut it, double shift Thorts or Paille and tell them to open up some ice for Krecji.

But use the balanced line method. It's what works for us.

BTW - anyone feeling like Chia left us a little empty yet? Corvo and Poo..and now we need spares to help out. Not much to bargain with unless we really blow it up big.

Curious to see how everyone feels now heading in to the deadline and looking like the cupboards don't have much to give..unless it really hurts (Hamilton)

Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:29 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaybCamn View Post
Tyler S should be a center leading the attack in the offence zone he is a very good passer and can shoot the heck out of the puck.
What do you mean by "leading the attack"? Centers don't tend to lead the attack. They might start it, but usually a wing leads.

Which is why I like Seguin on the wing. He has the speed to match Marchand and provide support when needed (and vice versa).

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 06:15 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
What do you mean by "leading the attack"? Centers don't tend to lead the attack. They might start it, but usually a wing leads.

Which is why I like Seguin on the wing. He has the speed to match Marchand and provide support when needed (and vice versa).
oh geez, I hear ya

surely Looch should be settin up DK??

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Kinda agree w/ Hub.

Can Kampfer be ANY worse than Corvo??

Paille has a high energy forecheck & can score occasionally (more than Pouliot anyhow)

Seguin at center?? Meh Im on the fence on that one. I looove having this kid at wing, he's extremely dynamic. I feel the added defensive responsibility playing center could potentially harm his offensive game. IF they decide to switch Seguin to center, I'd hope they do it in the offseason so he has time to absorb the change.

I like giving Tuukka some games, Timmy needs a break. Tuukka needs a few games to get his confidence back. Im not ready to just assume Thomas gets the nod in the playoffs, I say let them battle it out, whomever is playing better come April gets the starts come spring.
Yes.

He hasn't been the same since the concussion. Last time out against Philly he was absolutely destroyed. Before that he looked positively terrified out there.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 06:42 PM
northeastern

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaybCamn View Post
Tyler S is just to fast for most of the players on the team, Brad Marchard is the only one that can keep up.
Tyler S should be a center leading the attack in the offence zone he is a very good passer and can shoot the heck out of the puck. .
Pevs has some wheels.

At this point there are a lot of things id try.

northeastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:11 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
Stop trying to be an NHL coach, it is clear that you are not well equipped for wearing that hat.

Or, let's just question everything the Memorial Cup, and Stanley Cup winning Claude Julien, who has also won the coach of the year honors in the AHL and in the NHL levels in his storied 15 year coaching career.

I appreciate that you are trying to stir up some response and emotion, but in my opinion, with a decade of coaching junior hockey under my belt, your ideas are akin to a "whiffed on" clearing attempt that would be picked off at the blue line and turned into a great scoring chance by the opposing team.

Seguin will be at center soon enough, but the one constant on this team is that the Bergeron line has been the most dangerous line for the Bruins since that loss to Vancouver. Don't take what's working and foul it up. Jiggle a bit with the other pieces, sure, but not this line, not now.

I would like to see: (C W W)

37 63 19
46 17 38
23 49 67
11 22 20

This lineup has been utilized a bit, with 46 being moved up and down and bit, and 49 and 17 getting moved around too, but in my opinion it keeps an effective 1st line, 3rd line and 4th line together and Krecji's line is going to have to dig deep and "get it". Lucic is the key. He has to be skating like he did against Nashville.
The other three lines have proven to be good solid units, but all the shuffling and juggling of Peverley moving up and down and more recently Krecji, has pushed the line off balance, and by keeping them together, the lines will be able to work back to playing with trust that they did in Nov and Dec.

Kampfer is not the answer on D. I am the biggest Kampfer supporter on the whole boards. I think he a potential long term solution for the Bruins PMD problem, but we already have Savard and Horton on the shelf with soft melons. Kampfer is playing a timid brand of hockey, and should be shelved, in my opnion, a la Crosby, until he can return with the confidence he had when he blew up Eric Cole in the offensive side of the NZ in the preseason. Corvo is abashedly suspect, but he is the best option the Bruins have. I wish they would take a flyer on Bryan McCabe, try him out as a 7th, and to push Corvo as he gets back in game shape, out of the top 6. Kampfer is bad. Bodnarchuk is worse, and Bartkowksi is worse still. Go with the devil you know until you can find a better devil... Corvo played well enough during the 21-1-1 stretch or whatever ridiculous record the B's had during that period.

I will agree that Thomas needs to be snapped back into focus. I'd Give Rask 5 games in a row at this point. I'd try to piss Thomas off actually. Make him REALLY uncomfortable. I believe that the Bruins will trade him in the off season. But, that has no bearing on THIS season. He needs to play better, period. Rask wants to prove himself... give him the shot.

So KDP, 1 out of 3 may be good in baseball, but baseball sucks. =-)
agreed, nice post.

I like your lines, they are consistent with what has been working all year. Losing Horton hurts this team more than we care to admit because it forces so many other to play out of their roles (which they are really good at). I'd be inclined to swap the Caron/Hamill call-ups with some new blood though. I think those two are proving nothing to me except that they still aren't ready for prime time!!

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:32 PM
hubofhockey

Quote:

I appreciate that you are trying to stir up some response and emotion, but in my opinion, with a decade of coaching junior hockey under my belt, your ideas are akin to a "whiffed on" clearing attempt that would be picked off at the blue line and turned into a great scoring chance by the opposing team.

Seguin will be at center soon enough, but the one constant on this team is that the Bergeron line has been the most dangerous line for the Bruins since that loss to Vancouver. Don't take what's working and foul it up. Jiggle a bit with the other pieces, sure, but not this line, not now.

I would like to see: (C W W)

37 63 19
46 17 38
23 49 67
11 22 20

This lineup has been utilized a bit, with 46 being moved up and down and bit, and 49 and 17 getting moved around too, but in my opinion it keeps an effective 1st line, 3rd line and 4th line together and Krecji's line is going to have to dig deep and "get it". Lucic is the key. He has to be skating like he did against Nashville.
The other three lines have proven to be good solid units, but all the shuffling and juggling of Peverley moving up and down and more recently Krecji, has pushed the line off balance, and by keeping them together, the lines will be able to work back to playing with trust that they did in Nov and Dec.

Kampfer is not the answer on D. I am the biggest Kampfer supporter on the whole boards. I think he a potential long term solution for the Bruins PMD problem, but we already have Savard and Horton on the shelf with soft melons. Kampfer is playing a timid brand of hockey, and should be shelved, in my opnion, a la Crosby, until he can return with the confidence he had when he blew up Eric Cole in the offensive side of the NZ in the preseason. Corvo is abashedly suspect, but he is the best option the Bruins have. I wish they would take a flyer on Bryan McCabe, try him out as a 7th, and to push Corvo as he gets back in game shape, out of the top 6. Kampfer is bad. Bodnarchuk is worse, and Bartkowksi is worse still. Go with the devil you know until you can find a better devil... Corvo played well enough during the 21-1-1 stretch or whatever ridiculous record the B's had during that period.

I will agree that Thomas needs to be snapped back into focus. I'd Give Rask 5 games in a row at this point. I'd try to piss Thomas off actually. Make him REALLY uncomfortable. I believe that the Bruins will trade him in the off season. But, that has no bearing on THIS season. He needs to play better, period. Rask wants to prove himself... give him the shot.

So KDP, 1 out of 3 may be good in baseball, but baseball sucks. =-)

Strikes me as the thinkings of a junior coach.

hub

hubofhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:37 PM
scotiahockey
Insider

Send a message via AIM to scotiahockey Send a message via MSN to scotiahockey Send a message via Yahoo to scotiahockey Send a message via Skype™ to scotiahockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubofhockey View Post
Strikes me as the thinkings of a junior coach.

hub
touche. =-)

scotiahockey is offline   Reply With Quote