HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Could the Flyers be interested in Nash?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2012, 03:42 PM
  #276
cheesesteak
Registered User
 
cheesesteak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:43 PM
  #277
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
And now, since this is what people want to hear, everyone will believe him. If he said "hearing the Flyers are in on Nash..." everyone would say BS he doesn't have a clue.
So...should be say "BS he doesnt have a clue" here also?

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:54 PM
  #278
turkinaa
Registered User
 
turkinaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkyMitts View Post
Eklund Hockey Buzz Eklund
"Just to repeat what I said in the blog..this is not a rumor, but rather was told me directly, "The Flyers are not in on the Nash sweeps."
So we're trading for Nash? Sounds like a done deal.

If Nash stays put or doesn't go to a rival I'm okay with the Flyers not getting him. We need to focus on the now and later and that contract could hurt us too much when we're looking to get more D and resign some forwards next season.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:02 PM
  #279
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,252
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
So...should be say "BS he doesnt have a clue" here also?
Be consistent. If you are going to discredit all the rumors you don't like because the guy is a hack and blah blah blah like people say 99% of the time, what makes this different? You like this one so you'll believe it. Tomorrow when he says Iginla to NJ (e3) you'll go back to NO WAY THIS GUY IS TERRIBLE NEVER WILL HAPPEN. This statement about the Flyers is based on exactly what tomorrows rumor is based on, what he heard through the grapevine, which everyone discredits 99% of the time despite the fact that it is all the same.

I like Eklund, for the record. He reports what he hears, which is why this rumor is just as valid as the Penner for Nash rumors last night. He heard it so he's reporting it. That's what he does.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:06 PM
  #280
TheNotSoDryIsland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
@ManayunkMike: Hearing #Flyers may have offered up Schenn for #Nash. Obviously theres more to deal. Looking into it.

He writes for Sportsnet.ca and talksportsphilly.com, according to his profile. Take it for what it's worth...

TheNotSoDryIsland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:13 PM
  #281
OriginJM
watch out im smart
 
OriginJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNotSoDryIsland View Post
@ManayunkMike: Hearing #Flyers may have offered up Schenn for #Nash. Obviously theres more to deal. Looking into it.

He writes for Sportsnet.ca and talksportsphilly.com, according to his profile. Take it for what it's worth...
@*************** Any word who they offered? I heard Schenn involved. #Ugh

Oh, he's friends with Incarcerated Bob? Guess it's a done deal then.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:14 PM
  #282
DumpyD
Registered User
 
DumpyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNotSoDryIsland View Post
@ManayunkMike: Hearing #Flyers may have offered up Schenn for #Nash. Obviously theres more to deal. Looking into it.

He writes for Sportsnet.ca and talksportsphilly.com, according to his profile. Take it for what it's worth...
I'll be pissed if we give up on Schenn already. Especially if we add anything else of significance.

DumpyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:18 PM
  #283
bryzgalovsky*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
unreal

if they give up schenn for another stupid forward and then we have to trade another rookie for a defenseman this team is dumb

and who gets demoted from the top line if nash comes here? hartnell? jagr?

****ing stupid is what this deal is

bryzgalovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:18 PM
  #284
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,141
vCash: 300
I really like Nash but I really would rather keep Schenn

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:21 PM
  #285
NewYorkFlyerFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Western New York
Country: United States
Posts: 654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky View Post
unreal

if they give up schenn for another stupid forward and then we have to trade another rookie for a defenseman this team is dumb

and who gets demoted from the top line if nash comes here? hartnell? jagr?

****ing stupid is what this deal is
Settle down dude. It's just some fan tweeting. Lol. Wow

Btw he writes for the bleacher report. He appears to be just some random fan

NewYorkFlyerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:26 PM
  #286
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpyD View Post
I'll be pissed if we give up on Schenn already. Especially if we add anything else of significance.
Just based on the cap hits, they'd have to add a significant amount of significance.

And I'd hate to see them deal Schenn or Couturier. Briere and Giroux aren't real centers, at least not defensively.

blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:27 PM
  #287
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNotSoDryIsland View Post
@ManayunkMike: Hearing #Flyers may have offered up Schenn for #Nash. Obviously theres more to deal. Looking into it.

He writes for Sportsnet.ca and talksportsphilly.com, according to his profile. Take it for what it's worth...
I have never heard of this person before, and if he is a friends of ICB take what they say with a grain of salt about hockey. ICB has been just as wrong as Eklund on hockey.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:32 PM
  #288
TheNotSoDryIsland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Yea, sorry if I was coming offas if that was a solid source. I saw that he is a writer and figured it's worth while to post it up.

ICB is all over saying that the Flyers and Habs are front runners, but he says that about 15 other teams throughout the week.

TheNotSoDryIsland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:34 PM
  #289
DumpyD
Registered User
 
DumpyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah View Post
Just based on the cap hits, they'd have to add a significant amount of significance.

And I'd hate to see them deal Schenn or Couturier. Briere and Giroux aren't real centers, at least not defensively.
Well Schenn makes 3 something and I thought they had a lot of space from Pronger being out?

DumpyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:35 PM
  #290
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNotSoDryIsland View Post
Yea, sorry if I was coming offas if that was a solid source. I saw that he is a writer and figured it's worth while to post it up.

ICB is all over saying that the Flyers and Habs are front runners, but he says that about 15 other teams throughout the week.
Yea, I don't understand how these people get that many followers haha. He probably just picked up a ton by saying that about Schenn.

Yea ICB throws so much out there about certain players that its hard to be wrong on his timeline haha. He always does that as well. He wonders why nobody like his ass.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:36 PM
  #291
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpyD View Post
Well Schenn makes 3 something and I thought they had a lot of space from Pronger being out?
Not this season, it's much lower. They sent him down when he got hurt before the season, so Schenn won't hit his bonuses for this year.

blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:36 PM
  #292
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNotSoDryIsland View Post
Yea, sorry if I was coming offas if that was a solid source. I saw that he is a writer and figured it's worth while to post it up.

ICB is all over saying that the Flyers and Habs are front runners, but he says that about 15 other teams throughout the week.
The Habs have nothing to offer, and they should be selling, not buying. That alone should debunk his rumor...

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:38 PM
  #293
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,252
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah View Post
Just based on the cap hits, they'd have to add a significant amount of significance.

And I'd hate to see them deal Schenn or Couturier. Briere and Giroux aren't real centers, at least not defensively.
The Flyers could add Nash without moving a single roster player according to CapGeek. Rick Nash has a little over $2 million remaining and the Flyers have a little under $5 million in space. They could add Nash and more without losing a roster player. It's next season when we would need to find a solution.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:39 PM
  #294
DumpyD
Registered User
 
DumpyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah View Post
Not this season, it's much lower. They sent him down when he got hurt before the season, so Schenn won't hit his bonuses for this year.
Ah, so Schenn's actual cap hit is closer to ~2?

DumpyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:40 PM
  #295
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
The Flyers could add Nash without moving a single roster player according to CapGeek. Rick Nash has a little over $2 million remaining and the Flyers have a little under $5 million in space. They could add Nash and more without losing a roster player. It's next season when we would need to find a solution.
No they only have room to add a player with a cap hit of 4.9 million. Those are cap hit number for the whole year. We would have to move a couple of players

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:42 PM
  #296
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,252
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
No they only have room to add a player with a cap hit of 4.9 million. Those are cap hit number for the whole year. We would have to move a couple of players
Oh ok, I thought those numbers on the front page were in terms of the amount of salary remaining on player's contracts not the AAV. My bad.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:43 PM
  #297
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,668
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpyD View Post
Ah, so Schenn's actual cap hit is closer to ~2?
I believe it's like 1.7, yes.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:44 PM
  #298
NewYorkFlyerFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Western New York
Country: United States
Posts: 654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
The Habs have nothing to offer, and they should be selling, not buying. That alone should debunk his rumor...
Also would help if Montreal was one of the teams he'd waive for

NewYorkFlyerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:06 PM
  #299
TheNotSoDryIsland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Schenn's cap hit this year is actually 3.1 mill, according to cap geek. He is indeed eligible for that bonus.

TheNotSoDryIsland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:10 PM
  #300
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNotSoDryIsland View Post
Schenn's cap hit this year is actually 3.1 mill, according to cap geek. He is indeed eligible for that bonus.
That's wrong. They said it was but kept that number up a long time ago. Schenn makes 1.7 because he bonus for playing in all 82 games took out a huge chunk of his bonus money. Beef was right

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.