HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread V

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Yeah.... The cap is what I was thinking too. Voynov has a bumper contract coming up and that 3 years difference may be the different in keeping Quick.
The main reason giving up JJ is so hard isn't for on-ice reasons; it is because he negotiated his own long-term deal, and has a "Kings tattoo on his butt". Trading him, although logical, could have negative consequences in the locker room.

Old
02-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
So Nash waives to come to us, only so we can trade him three months later? Yeah, ok, that'll happen.

Claude Julien's Bruins had the league's best offense for a while this year. I don't think he's as defensive minded as people think.

Btw, sorry for some of the other Kings posters, they are being a bit of an ass to you for no reason. Thanks for coming on our board and being civil.
Thanks, no probs.

Old
02-15-2012, 04:35 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
The main reason giving up JJ is so hard isn't for on-ice reasons; it is because he negotiated his own long-term deal, and has a "Kings tattoo on his butt". Trading him, although logical, could have negative consequences in the locker room.
Eh... I don't know... I guess we`ll just see what happens if anything happens and get over it

Old
02-15-2012, 04:37 PM
theMajor

vCash: 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
Oh hey! It's the same photo with the correct caption!

https://twitter.com/#!/walshtodd/sta...91990429908992
damnit. i had a feeling

Old
02-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMajor View Post
damnit. i had a feeling
There is a Nash in the photo, it's Coyotes broadcaster Tyson Nash.

Old
02-15-2012, 04:38 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMajor View Post
damnit. i had a feeling
lol... when I clicked your link I saw the correct caption as well.

I got happy

Old
02-15-2012, 04:40 PM
ZJames

Quote:
This is it exactly. He wants to be a king, he took a discount to stay here long term. Trading him, especially to a black hole like columbos, might make some of the other guys on the team think twice when it comes to contract time.

He is by no stretch of the imagination a shutdown Dman, but he has shown improvements defensively, and seeing as how he is a guy who wants to win he will most likely take the steps he needs to improve. He has also tied his career high in goals this year on the most offensively inept team I have ever seen.

Also he has 12 points in 12 playoff games (though he is a minus 7).

In Lombardis time here, he has shown that he is deathly loyal (at times to a fault). So I would be very surprised if dean turned around and traded JJ after he showed loyalty to this team

Last edited by ZJames: 02-15-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old
02-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I just wonder who will pick up all of the minuses when Jack is traded.

Old
02-15-2012, 04:51 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I just wonder who will pick up all of the minuses when Jack is traded.
I wonder what number Rick Nash will wear here in LA?

Old
02-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Just a curiosity question.

Would you rather trade Jack Johnson or Voynov and a 1st in a Rick Nash deal?
Voynov. Jack is a deal breaker, imo, at this point. Too valuable to the team. Talk about his minus all you want, but JJ has often been the best D this year and I only see him improving.

My max for a Nash deal would be Bernier, Voynov, 2013 1st, and prospect not named Toffoli or Forbort. Probably not enough, but oh well. Would hope that DL goes after Carter rather than pay the "treasure" Cbus is reportedly seeking.

Old
02-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Shellz

Two LA scouts at the habs game.

Old
02-15-2012, 06:50 PM
bobafettish*

i think DL is the type of guy that when he goes shopping he always looks and never buys.

Old
02-15-2012, 06:51 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJames View Post
This is it exactly. He wants to be a king, he took a discount to stay here long term. Trading him, especially to a black hole like columbos, might make some of the other guys on the team think twice when it comes to contract time.

He is by no stretch of the imagination a shutdown Dman, but he has shown improvements defensively, and seeing as how he is a guy who wants to win he will most likely take the steps he needs to improve. He has also tied his career high in goals this year on the most offensively inept team I have ever seen.

Also he has 12 points in 12 playoff games (though he is a minus 7).

In Lombardis time here, he has shown that he is deathly loyal (at times to a fault). So I would be very surprised if dean turned around and traded JJ after he showed loyalty to this team
Would you be willing to trade Voynov instead of Jack?

Old
02-15-2012, 06:52 PM
bobafettish*

JJ didnt take a discount had he had an agent he probably would have gotten 5 million/per

Old
02-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Moscowitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Two LA scouts at the habs game.
Gomez is on a scoring tear as of late and won't kill our salary cap.

Old
02-15-2012, 06:58 PM
BKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Would you be willing to trade Voynov instead of Jack?
Personally would prefer to trade Johnson, and keep Voynov.

Doughty & Voynov are going to be the blue line anchors of this organization for years to come, and while Johnson is a great piece to have, you don't let him kill a deal that involves obtaining a player of Nash's caliber.

Old
02-15-2012, 06:59 PM
tomd

Seems like Columbus would need an established forward coming back in any trade for Nash and the Kings would want Sanford as a goalie replacement for Bernier.

My guess is that Columbus would want something like Voynov, Bernier, Brown, and Penner (salary dump to make numbers work) for Nash and Sanford.

Not a proposal...just what I think Columbus would have to have in order to move their franchise player.

Old
02-15-2012, 07:01 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKR View Post
Personally would prefer to trade Johnson, and keep Voynov.

Doughty & Voynov are going to be the blue line anchors of this organization for years to come, and while Johnson is a great piece to have, you don't let him kill a deal that involves obtaining a player of Nash's caliber.
Which is why I think Columbus would prefer Voynov over Johnson. I sure would if I were them.

Old
02-15-2012, 07:01 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKR View Post
Doughty & Voynov are going to be the blue line anchors of this organization for years to come
Wow, after all 33 of the games Voynov has played at the NHL level, you're ready to make that kind of a statement? He looks good for sure, but put down the crystal ball there.

Old
02-15-2012, 07:07 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
Seems like Columbus would need an established forward coming back in any trade for Nash and the Kings would want Sanford as a goalie replacement for Bernier.

My guess is that Columbus would want something like Voynov, Bernier, Brown, and Penner (salary dump to make numbers work) for Nash and Sanford.

Not a proposal...just what I think Columbus would have to have in order to move their franchise player.
Sanford has some value. He's not a throw-in. Why can't LA use Zatkoff to replace Bernier rather than ask for Sanford?

Old
02-15-2012, 07:15 PM
deeshamrock

Eklund's new update is that the Penner part of the trade had Columbus moving him to Toronto. He still maintains that the Kings are the frontrunners in the deal and (as suspected) Bernier is one of the players heading east.

Old
02-15-2012, 07:41 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Eklund's new update is that the Penner part of the trade had Columbus moving him to Toronto. He still maintains that the Kings are the frontrunners in the deal and (as suspected) Bernier is one of the players heading east.
Connolly to Columbus for Penner makes more sense than to LA.

Old
02-15-2012, 07:58 PM
KingsfanInsano

Quote:
I was thinking this exactly. What kind of message does this send to other player on the team. I think that a deal around bernier/voynov and isn't too far from jj/bernier. Bernier/VV and a 1st + considering this year's draft class might just do it.

Pulling the trigger might depend on the trust that dean has in the farm and scouting system b/c that is a big contract. JQ still need to be signed and that will be b/w 6/7 million I'm guessing.

Lombardi once said that it takes tome to establish a reliable scouting system and if ours is now established and institutionalized (for lack of better word) then we can pull the trigger and have a nice revolving door of quality young guys coming out of the minors to fill roll positions rather than overpaying for guys like still, zeus , and defensemen.
Then we can afford nash's contract and pay JQ.

Last edited by KingsfanInsano: 02-15-2012 at 07:59 PM. Reason: forgot a the end
Old
02-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

With Parenteau holding off talks of an extension with the Islanders, I would like to see the Kings acquire him for Martinez and another prospect (like Moller or Holloway or Kozun).

Parenteau would give Mike Richards an actually talented winger who can setup plays and also shoot the puck. I think the assets that would be required to acquire Parenteau would also be less significant that the ones that would be used to acquire more of an impact player as part of a bigger trade.

I think Parenteau will easily command up to $3M in the open market and would be worth retaining, depending on how he performs of course. But this is all a pipe dream...

Old
02-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71111 View Post
Gomez is on a scoring tear as of late and won't kill our salary cap.
Please tell me you forgot the

Closed Thread