Old
02-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Rookie Chargers

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
Ridiculous.
This is a double speculative thread. Roenick is speculating something and our fellow fan is speculating on top of that.

You can't for it's Roenick's words that starts this.

I think there are only 2 things I like about JR, he is born on January 17 and is from Boston.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:34 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

Kane would be nice.

Seabrook makes more sense.

trenton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
I'm sure Chicago would trade their young superstar signed for 4 more years for an aging, but very clutch and still very good goalie that's signed for only one more year.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Mr Cartmenez

This move would only happen if CHI-GM lost his mind. TT does still have decent value, but Pat Kane? It could only work if it was Rask (+) instead of Thomas

And I doubt Chia is going to pull such a blockbuster-trade...

Mr Cartmenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:45 PM
TCL40

I would do it, but no way either team makes that move.

That kind of trade belongs in fantasy hockey.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:55 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

As stated this trade will never happen.

But as it pains me to say, Boston would have to do it.

38 year old Thomas vs 23 year old Kane.
Their ages have everything to do with it.

VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:04 PM
ODAAT

ABSOLUTELY NOT, this makes zero sense, so, we`ll trade a 2 time Vezina, Cup winnin, Conn Smyth goalie, hand the reigns to a kid who`s very limited playoff past didn`t exactly do much for the fans here as far as showing he`s absolutely ready for that haul???

And if Tuukka struggles, is Khubodin or whatever his name is the kind of guy you feel good about having as a backup heading into the playoffs or whenever???

This makes as much sense as the Schneider to Columbus as part of a Nash package, regardless of Luongo`s contract, NOBODY in that organization is feelin too good about his usually solid regular season numbers knowing that the guy crumbles when needed most

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Mione134

Would never happen from a Chicago standpoint, but if they were that silly, id take that deal and RUN!

Mione134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:05 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cartmenez View Post
This move would only happen if CHI-GM lost his mind. TT does still have decent value, but Pat Kane? It could only work if it was Rask (+) instead of Thomas

And I doubt Chia is going to pull such a blockbuster-trade...
The way Kane`s playin, not sure that the Hawks wouldn`t win that trade one for one

Timmy ain`t on fire, but PK is ice cold and appears sulky on the ice to boot

Old
02-15-2012, 05:10 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
The way Kane`s playin, not sure that the Hawks wouldn`t win that trade one for one

Timmy ain`t on fire, but PK is ice cold and appears sulky on the ice to boot
Haha, now if we can just convince Bowman that PK will never turn it around.

Seriously though, I'd make this move in a heartbeat. It would make this team infinitely more dangerous, as it allows Horton to play a smaller role whenever he returns, and gives the Bruins a winger that can score, a lot.

kman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Neely08

Loss for words.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:13 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman22 View Post

Seriously though, I'd make this move in a heartbeat. It would make this team infinitely more dangerous, as it allows Horton to play a smaller role whenever he returns, and gives the Bruins a winger that can score, a lot.
Dangerous for sure, but I`m just too cautious of a guy naturally to feel comfortable with Tuukka with solely in there full time as our #1 with a backup who`s played a minimal amount of NHL games if he falters or gawd forbid, gets injured.

Tuukka is the future, I don`t doubt that, I`m just not sure that future starts today which I`m fine with for now

another thing with Kane, in Quenville it`s all about tempo, up ice constantly, could he or would he accept a strict systems coach such as CJ ??? I`m highly doubtful he would or could

Old
02-15-2012, 05:17 PM
westernhome

Thomas was integral in us winning the cup last year, and it amazes me how so many "fans" are all of the sudden on the "trade him" bandwagon lately

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:17 PM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman22 View Post

Let's not get carried away here. His highest career goals total is 30, not any more than Lucic. He's good, he's creative, but he doesn't even score as many goals as Kessel.

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:21 PM
BruinsPortugal

Dont know whats more ridiculous.
a)The rumor itself
b)people that think this could actually happen
c)people who wouldnt do this

A wise decision would be to just close the thread.

BruinsPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:21 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

It would be an absolute no brainer for Boston you have to make that trade. A legitimate young superstar for a great, but old goaltender, especially where we also have a great and young goaltender around

But no way Chicago does it

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:22 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
First of all, Kane is worth about 3 Thomases. The Market just will not bear much for an old goalie-even Tim Thomas. Second, as Odaat says, do not think Kane would adjust well to this system. Heck he has 3 goals in 23 games in Quenville's up tempo system now.
There`s lots of great players who play better in systems that suit their natural game, CJ`s isn`t exactly what I`d call one geared for a guy like Kane, ask our old pal #81 how he felt about having a coach demand defensive responsibility from him. I see Kane in the same light, although talent is sublime, I could see it gettin ugly, and quick, especially when someone like Z or Bergy get in his face for effort and committment to the system

Old
02-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
I've often wondered about the leadership in chicago. If you look at them since they won the Cup, they are prone to some LONG losing streaks, and they're also susceptible to lousy teams. They lay more eggs than any other top notch team in the NHL, next to a team like SJ. When that happens I always wonder about leadership/egos int the room. Chicago has loads of high-end talent and you wonder if maybe they need more cooks and fewer chefs.

I also think Kane goes nowhere. But I'd still make the call...maybe ask about Sharp, Keith, Seabrook and Cjalmerrson (whatever his spelling is) too. That team has to be close to desperate by now.
You make a very good point bp, but you also make a very good argument as to why Chia wouldn't likely move on it. Offseason... maybe, but he's pretty consistent about ensuring the chemistry isn't affected by any moves on deadline day and moving strong locker room guys out one would think would be the very definition of that.

Of course on the flipside, maybe it's not an issue of too few cooks in the kitchen at all. Maybe it's an issue of too many? Sharp, Keith, Toews, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook, Brunette, O'Donnell... they have a lot of vocal guys with a lot of experience whom reportedly tend to exhibit stronger leadership tendencies. If everyone is their own leader you'll have some serious issues as well.

Regardless, agree 100%, whatever the issues in Chicago you make the call. That team has a ton of talent, and many many attractive pieces. The obvious weakness is goaltending and that just happens to be a Boston strength. If you can take advantage of a desperate team and pry away a Kane, Keith, Seabrook or Sharp, get her done.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
Thomas was integral in us winning the cup last year, and it amazes me how so many "fans" are all of the sudden on the "trade him" bandwagon lately
It's ****ing mind blowing, man.

Do people even want to win again?

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:27 PM
westernhome

I'm putting my fan energy into being 100% behind Stanley Cup MVP Tim Thomas in his quest to repeat again this year, as he pulled miracles on the ice for the Bruins last year and nothing indicates to me that he doesn't have it in him to help win us a Stanley Cup again this year too

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:29 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
I am not ever on the trade Thomas bandwagon, but if you can trade a guy who is 39 very soon for someone that is a great young player under 25 you have to do it.

How many 40+ guys are in the NHL this year, Lidstrom and Selanne?

Statistically speaking Thomas has 2 years left in him while Kane has 10-15 in all probability.

VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:32 PM
redsox7327

LOL. This is a funny trade.

redsox7327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:33 PM
BrainOfJ
Heartbroken

Here's a more realistic idea because this question is way to easy. you trade Thomas for Kane yesterday.

would you trade Rask for Kane?

because that's much more of a thinker..but I think I still may do it and draft Subban with the first this year. Kane's an elite talent...sickest sauce in the game not names datsyuk, I can only imagine that ending up on seguins stick.

edit: read the whole thread heel, damnit.

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:39 PM
northeastern

Id Jump all over this. Deal an older alstar for a young one? Yes please.

I'm also a big believer that this summer the bs will have to pick between Timmy and tuukka and I for one am on tuukkas wagon. Age scares me.

northeastern is offline   Reply With Quote