HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luc and Richards on Petros and Money today

Old
02-15-2012, 11:27 AM
deeshamrock

vCash: 500
Luc and Richards on Petros and Money today

Mike Richards and Luc Robitaille will be in-studio guests on the Petros and Money Show today at the KLAC AM 570 studios in Burbank. Mike will be the guest from 3 – 3:30 pm and Luc will be the guest from 3:30 – 4 p.m.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Mike Richards is also being filmed for a show on NHL Network. It is called "NHL 36" and it airs on Wednesday, 2/22.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Gonna be at work. Can you post a brief summary of anything important?

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Sybil227

Luc was also on Mark & Brian this morning. They talked a little hockey, then asked about his wife.

Sybil227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Asheru

Cool, thanks very much for the heads up.

Asheru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:45 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Just missed this. Anybody catch the Richards segment?

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 06:33 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Just missed this. Anybody catch the Richards segment?
He was terrific...you can hear him here

PMS HOUR 1

LA Kings, Mike Richards and Luc Robitaille in studio for the entire hour.

http://www.foxsportsradio.com/pages/...diaplayer.html

Mike with be at the Staples STore in Long Beach next Friday (2/24) to help Luc celebreate his birthday with Bailey and the Ice Crew from 2 to 3 pm for photos and autographs.

Last edited by deeshamrock: 02-15-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old
02-15-2012, 06:42 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
He was terrific...you can hear him here

PMS HOUR 1

LA Kings, Mike Richards and Luc Robitaille in studio for the entire hour.

http://www.foxsportsradio.com/pages/...diaplayer.html
I love Petros but I HATE it when he pretends to be interested in hockey. I find it condescending.

Matt "Money" Smith on the other hand can talk about anything he wants because the man is a wealth of knowlege in regards to not just sports, but finance, media, and just about everything else.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
I love Petros but I HATE it when he pretends to be interested in hockey. I find it condescending.

Matt "Money" Smith on the other hand can talk about anything he wants because the man is a wealth of knowlege in regards to not just sports, but finance, media, and just about everything else.

I would settle for someone who pretends to care about hockey. Not much of a choice if you're an LA hockey fan. I think I should stop listening to ESPN 710. Those morons over there never talk about hockey. That fivehead John Ireland knows nothing outside of the Lakers.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 06:58 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
I would settle for someone who pretends to care about hockey. Not much of a choice if you're an LA hockey fan. I think I should stop listening to ESPN 710. Those morons over there never talk about hockey. That fivehead John Ireland knows nothing outside of the Lakers.
I guess we just have to face the facts: this is a Laker town.

I love the Lakers but basketball is among my least favorites sports to play or watch.

Maybe if there were 16 Kings championship banners hanging from the rafters things would be different.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post

I love the Lakers but basketball is among my least favorites sports to play or watch.

Maybe if there were 16 Kings championship banners hanging from the rafters things would be different.
Well, I can agree with that but there is something different when hockey is considered virtually non-existent by the local media. A Stanley Cup win "fever" would probably last a couple of weeks in LA.

Old
02-15-2012, 07:20 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Its funny, cause Bob Miller was on their show yesterday

Seems like the Kings are doing a radio blitz or something, Luc on Mark and Brain this morning, Bob with Mason and Ireland, DD on Kevin and Bean, now this....must be trying to sell those ST to people that don't know about the increase

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:40 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
I guess it is, Richards said when he got there today for the interview , he walked inside and up to the reception area and asked 'where do I go' and was asked in return WHo are you?

He also joked that after watching Nick Lindstrom ('the perfect human') the fans will wonder Ion his ep) 'why's this guy nap all the time'.

He did say, and with five dozen NHL playoff games worth of experience, that the Kings are well suited for a Cup run because they're very good at tight games, they know how to play a 1-0 or 2-1 game and button it down. He said in the playoffs everything gets tighter and you can't afford mistakes. He noted this is his favorite tiem of year -amping up for the playoffs.

Old
02-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Ireland is awful and knows nothing but the Lakers. But he looks like a ****ing genius compared to those idiots on the Loose Cannons.

Worst ****ing show on the radio. If you've never heard it here is a summary:

Vic the Brick talks about smelling Kobe Bryants jock and saying it tastes like the best thing he has ever tasted and writes a haiku about it

Steve Hartman yells after that

and then Pat O' Brien comes in and talks about how he used to sniff Steven Spielbergs jock when they were raquetball partners when he was 'relevant.'

Then the show ends.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 08:51 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Ireland is awful and knows nothing but the Lakers. But he looks like a ****ing genius compared to those idiots on the Loose Cannons.

Vic the Brick talks about smelling Kobe Bryants jock and saying it tastes like the best thing he has ever tasted and writes a haiku about it

and then Pat O' Brien comes in and talks about how he used to sniff Steven Spielbergs jock when they were raquetball partners when he was 'relevant.'

Then the show ends.
I listen to Ireland all the time and he knows a ton about the lakers hence he talks about them so much. Not sure how you could be the teams broadcaster and know nothing about them. And they actually interviewed Bob Miller on yesterday's show, so much for never talking hockey. LA will always be dominated by the lakers and dodgers, if you guys want an abundance of hockey talk I suggest Canada as a new destination.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post

Then the show ends.
I actually like Mason & Ireland.

But the Cannons are bad. Especially Hartman, I can't stand him.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
I listen to Ireland all the time and he knows a ton about the lakers hence he talks about them so much. Not sure how you could be the teams broadcaster and know nothing about them. And they actually interviewed Bob Miller on yesterday's show, so much for never talking hockey. LA will always be dominated by the lakers and dodgers, if you guys want an abundance of hockey talk I suggest Canada as a new destination.

I said he knows nothing BUT Lakers.

ANd congrats they talked Kings hockey on an LA station one out of 365 days a year.

XM is where you gotta go if you want good hockey talk.

NHL Home Ice is a great channel.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

What? Ireland is actually the Lakers' radio PBP announcer? Why did they get rid of that Spiero Diedes (SP?) guy? Talk about going from Westin to Motel 6.

Check that. From Westin to a hooker motel.