Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets lose 3-1 to the Islanders

Old
02-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

vCash: 500
I'm not really sure what Kane's go to is anymore. Majority of the time he'll try to go around the defense ultimately putting him behind the net and back around again. But other times he'll try dangle and go through the defense which fails almost every time.

Defenses just seem to know how to play him, which isn't that hard considering it consists of 2 moves.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:29 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 891
I've grown a little weary of him driving behind the net instead of to the net as well I wish he would take it hard to the net like he did on Montoya all the time and if he gets a penalty I can live with it

veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 09:33 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Well, looks like Ladd is becoming quite vocal about what this team needs.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/02/1...rying-for-help
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Ladd - 0 goals in 11 games
Little - 3 goals in 18 games
Antropov - 3 goals in 25 games
Kane - 1 goal in 14 games (though he did miss 7)
Wheeler - 1 goal in 14 games
Burmistrov - 2 goals in 19 games
Wellwood - 3 goals in 24 games
Fehr - 1 goal in 31 games
Miettinen - 0 goals in 25 games

= 14 goals combined (in 9 of our "top" forwards) in 181 games.

Ouch.
Ok

Wow I am incredibly disappointed in Ladd for his statements!!!

I was so happy when he flew up here on his own dime and I have continued to back him all season knowing his limitations but this quote is mind numbing for the leader of a team to make?*

Take a look at the scoring stats lately captain oh captain......a statement more becoming of that "C" on your chest and given the current circumstances would have been "I am taking responsibility for this point scoring drought.....I have not been getting it done lately and neither have some of the other scoring leaders" " the solutions to this situation are in this room and we have to pull together now and make this happen"*

TNSE signed Mr Ladd to a boat load of cash this off season to lead this team and if he doesn't think there are solutions to this situation in the dressing room based on the brutal slump some of the key guys are in and he expects Managment to go out and find solutions then I guess we know the first guy we can dangle as trade bate!!!!

Seriously I will chalk this up to the fact he was frustrated right after a big loss and forgot to call out himself and the guys on his team publicly and he didn't actually as our leader say they couldn't get it done and they needed management to bail them out because if that is the case then what are we paying him and the others to do???

I am not delusional enough to think this team has elite scoring assets at this time but the biggest problem is not with who we don't have and what help we need.....the boys on the list above should all take a hard look at the guy in the mirror in the morning and show up to play 60 hard minutes of hockey next game because until they step up there is no piece we can add at the deadline that will make them winners

Rant over.*

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Ok

Wow I am incredibly disappointed in Ladd for his statements!!!

I was so happy when he flew up here on his own dime and I have continued to back him all season knowing his limitations but this quote is mind numbing for the leader of a team to make?*

Take a look at the scoring stats lately captain oh captain......a statement more becoming of that "C" on your chest and given the current circumstances would have been "I am taking responsibility for this point scoring drought.....I have not been getting it done lately and neither have some of the other scoring leaders" " the solutions to this situation are in this room and we have to pull together now and make this happen"*

TNSE signed Mr Ladd to a boat load of cash this off season to lead this team and if he doesn't think there are solutions to this situation in the dressing room based on the brutal slump some of the key guys are in and he expects Managment to go out and find solutions then I guess we know the first guy we can dangle as trade bate!!!!

Seriously I will chalk this up to the fact he was frustrated right after a big loss and forgot to call out himself and the guys on his team publicly and he didn't actually as our leader say they couldn't get it done and they needed management to bail them out because if that is the case then what are we paying him and the others to do???

I am not delusional enough to think this team has elite scoring assets at this time but the biggest problem is not with who we don't have and what help we need.....the boys on the list above should all take a hard look at the guy in the mirror in the morning and show up to play 60 hard minutes of hockey next game because until they step up there is no piece we can add at the deadline that will make them winners

Rant over.*
Well said. I agree with everything here.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
And Buff scored one from center ice. It doesn't mean that it should be your "go to" move.
most definitely should not be your go to move. It's funny how he's tried it so many times that he's scored with it.

Kinjero is offline   Reply With Quote