HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Best Rivalries

Old
02-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Elusive Derposaurus
Best Dino Alive

vCash: 500
Canucks Best Rivalries

So, I came across a question today. Who do you think have been the Canucks biggest rivals in the past decade? Although I know Boston and Chicago are clearly our biggest rivals currently, at least hatred wise, I see myself coming back to Calgary and Colorado. Colorado was definitely a huge one, as forsberg, sakic, foote were always a pain in the side of the Canucks, and we all remember the Bertuzzi-Moore incident. Lately, they have not been as big of rivals of the past, but I still quite enjoying playing against their new youth. So, what are your opinions?

Last edited by Elusive Derposaurus: 02-13-2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Missed question mark :p
Elusive Derposaurus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:33 PM
Hammer2Time

I like the games weve had with Sj recently, really nasty and some of the most exciting games aswell.

Hammer2Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 20000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elusive Derposaurus View Post
Colorado was definitely a huge one, as forsberg, sakic, foote were always a pain in the side of the Canucks...
For Cloutier - Forsbeg was also a pain in the balls.

02-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Elusive Derposaurus
Best Dino Alive

Almost forgot about that moment. Reminds me of Turco sacking Kesler a few years ago for some reason though.

Old
02-13-2012, 11:52 PM
valkynax

Hmm I have not watched hockey for that long, the only rivals I see for our orca boys are Chicago and Boston.

valkynax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:11 PM
Linden*
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
I'd say Vancouver right now has some very intense and emotional rivalries with Chicago and Boston for obvious reasons and also an increasing good one with San Jose because of the build and direction of the two teams. although the lasting rivalries like Ottawa Toronto and Edmonton Calgary ect aren't there because of geography I believe we have had some good ones over the years. P.S. Toronto has never really been heros over here but I guess not in a lot of places LOL

Linden* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:26 PM
deckercky

Chicago is miles ahead of Boston. San Jose seems to be growing, with one playoff matchup and both teams looking at the foreseeable consequences of the proposed realignment.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:33 PM
KISSland

the league

KISSland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:41 PM
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!

vCash: 814
Chicago, Boston, San Jose and Detroit.

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Ogie Goldthorpe
Piloted Ogre Hog

Considering we hardly ever play Boston, I'd be hard pressed to call them an actual capital "R" rival. Based upon our last several games against them, I can see how a certain animosity has been fostered.

Regardless of the current state of their franchises, based on our long and nasty histories, I'd say Calgary and/or Edmonton should be on the list.

Colorado was a good one, but that's fading. Detroit is probably a bigger rival right now... and relatively equal to the Av's in the past.

We're gonna have our hands full with LA in the not too distant future... and I can see a good rivalry building there.

Right now, I'd say Chicago is #1. But 5 years back, no one in Vancouver gave a crap about the Hawks.

So, as things stand, if I could get free tickets to see the Canucks put a guaranteed butt-waxing on any team, I'd go...

Boston
Chicago
Calgary
LA
Toronto

Ogie Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:57 PM
JAK

If a Vancouver-Chicago rematch happens this year, it will go down as the best rivalry since Detroit-Colorado, and might just even top it if the series gets nasty.

JAK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:57 PM
hackey
Oh Did I Offend You

Vancouver's biggest rival is Air Travel

hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Elusive Derposaurus
Best Dino Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogie Goldthorpe View Post
Considering we hardly ever play Boston, I'd be hard pressed to call them an actual capital "R" rival. Based upon our last several games against them, I can see how a certain animosity has been fostered.

Regardless of the current state of their franchises, based on our long and nasty histories, I'd say Calgary and/or Edmonton should be on the list.

Colorado was a good one, but that's fading. Detroit is probably a bigger rival right now... and relatively equal to the Av's in the past.

We're gonna have our hands full with LA in the not too distant future... and I can see a good rivalry building there.

Right now, I'd say Chicago is #1. But 5 years back, no one in Vancouver gave a crap about the Hawks.

So, as things stand, if I could get free tickets to see the Canucks put a guaranteed butt-waxing on any team, I'd go...

Boston
Chicago
Calgary
LA
Toronto
Agreed with those teams for tickets to an amazing game against those 5 teams in order. We are really just one more good playoff series away from creating a great rivalry with L.A, and I think that San Jose could be another budding rivalry after the last few games against them.

Old
02-15-2012, 09:26 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogie Goldthorpe View Post

Boston
Chicago
Calgary
LA
Toronto
Don't think Toronto should be there. A good rivalry is a two way thing. Minny hating us while we barely notice them. During the big Det-Avs rivalry, we hated on the Avs but they barely noticed us.

We might dislike each other I really doubt we are that high on TO rivalry radar. It's nice sticking it too them but they are down the list.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote