HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 8.0 "NHL 12 reigns supreme!"

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Sticky Fingers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Lets trade for someone who doesn't have much playoff experience much rather sign Chris Krieder if they want a player with not alot of experience...this is why a player like Whitney or a guy like Bolland would be more useful...don't people realize this.....playoff experience counts in the playoffs. What pressure has Nash had?? What if he cracks under pressure....not worth the risk...people need to realize that...
Well he's been on Team Canada and is over PPG there, so I say he has felt the pressure and delivered, but I get what you're saying.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Onion Boy

Ray Whitney is the way to go.

Hoping Phoenix falls out of the playoff race and becomes sellers.

I wonder if we still have any kids that Maloney was high on?

Old
02-15-2012, 03:24 PM
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellohf View Post
Well he's been on Team Canada and is over PPG there, so I say he has felt the pressure and delivered, but I get what you're saying.
couldn't anyone look at ryan miller when the international stats are brought up. he was lights out for usa in vancouver, but he's never had a playoff run remotely similar. it's hard to compare an international round robin tournament to the grinds of the 7-game series 4-rounds nhl playoffs.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Orr Nightmare

Nash is not coming here.

if we add him...the big four...Gabby, Hank, Richards, Nash would combine to take up 44% of cap space.

Nash is a good player...but he is not great....he is not worth the cap space or the talent it would take to get him here.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:26 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Nash is not coming here.

if we add him...the big four...Gabby, Hank, Richards, Nash would combine to take up 44% of cap space.

Nash is a good player...but he is not great....he is not worth the cap space or the talent it would take to get him here.
Latest I've read on acquiring Nash, it would take Dubi, Kreider, Stepan and/or McDonagh, and a first.
Not worth it. That is obviously a terrible trade to make.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

I really don't get the whole "playoff experience" argument.

Drury and Blowmez both had tons of playoff experience, we didnt do JACK with them on this club.

It's such a weak argument...playoff experience. Wade Redden had a ton of playoff experience who gives a damn?

Marian Hossa was questioned for his playoff experience, then he reached the finals 3 years in a row.

Who cares about playoff experience. Its all about how good the player is, and how he would fit in with this team, coupled with the cap hit and what it takes to get him. If it takes a ton of assets we can't afford to move (ie, nothign in the pipeline that can replace that player) then you don't do it. If you can do the move w/o killing the current team or the future, then you do it.

Rick Nash is a power forward, he can play the boards, he can score ugly goals. he can score pretty goals. he scores oodles of power play goals. he can do it all. The big concern with him isn't his playoff experience, its how much it will cost to get him.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Sticky Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBanks99 View Post
couldn't anyone look at ryan miller when the international stats are brought up. he was lights out for usa in vancouver, but he's never had a playoff run remotely similar. it's hard to compare an international round robin tournament to the grinds of the 7-game series 4-rounds nhl playoffs.
I don't, all I'm saying he felt pressure and delivered. Of course it's not the same thing, that's kinda obvious, and some fail in the international game while being awesome in Stanley Cup.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:29 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 50
At first I was all over signing Nash, wanted him badly, but then as reality set in and I realized how much we'd end up giving for him, I've completely turned around and hope like hell that the Rangers don't pull the trigger on this one. I actually don't think they will, sounds like they're thinking the price is too high as well, so I'm breathing a little easier.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBanks99 View Post
06-07, .922 sv % in 16 playoff games. his teams went deep into the playoffs in back to back years, thanks to him.

Frankly, he was the biggest reason the Rangers didnt beat the Buffalo team, he was fan-frikkin-tastic against us. Probably outplayed Henrik.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:30 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

And then you have a guy like Recchi who did wonders for that Boston team. So it works both ways. You need to find the right type of player with that experience.

As far as Rick Nash. Am I the only one who thinks the ball is in his hand more than the managers and he might not cost as much as some think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post

Drury and Blowmez both had tons of playoff experience, we didnt do JACK with them on this club.

It's such a weak argument...playoff experience. Wade Redden had a ton of playoff experience who gives a damn?

Marian Hossa was questioned for his playoff experience, then he reached the finals 3 years in a row.

Who cares about playoff experience. Its all about how good the player is, and how he would fit in with this team, coupled with the cap hit and what it takes to get him. If it takes a ton of assets we can't afford to move (ie, nothign in the pipeline that can replace that player) then you don't do it. If you can do the move w/o killing the current team or the future, then you do it.

Rick Nash is a power forward, he can play the boards, he can score ugly goals. he can score pretty goals. he scores oodles of power play goals. he can do it all. The big concern with him isn't his playoff experience, its how much it will cost to get him.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
And then you have a guy like Recchi who did wonders for that Boston team. So it works both ways. You need to find the right type of player with that experience.

As far as Rick Nash. Am I the only one who thinks the ball is in his hand more than the managers and he might not cost as much as some think?
Recchi was a good pickup, no doubts there...but Recchi is the kinda guy we have on this team. We have guys who can play his game. I just think this team is 1 big scorer away from being a perennial cup favorite.

With that said, i need to make this clear, my preference is Jeff Carter...by a LOT...but, if you can get Nash without killing the team as ive mentioned a ton of times, id be ok with it.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:

what about cap space...who cares about that right....when Stepan, McDonagh, Del Zotto and a long line of other guys who are due raises....

Old
02-15-2012, 03:37 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Recchi was a good pickup, no doubts there...but Recchi is the kinda guy we have on this team. We have guys who can play his game. I just think this team is 1 big scorer away from being a perennial cup favorite.

With that said, i need to make this clear, my preference is Jeff Carter...by a LOT...but, if you can get Nash without killing the team as ive mentioned a ton of times, id be ok with it.
Agreed as am I. I don't want anything to do with trading Kreider though. What I don't understand is the fans that have this love affair with Dubinsky. Trading Dubi for the right package will not make or break this teams chemistry or run. Enough already.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:40 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Agreed as am I. I don't want anything to do with trading Kreider though. What I don't understand is the fans that have this love affair with Dubinsky. Trading Dubi for the right package will not make or break this teams chemistry or run. Enough already.
They want Dubi, Krieder, Stepan/McDonagh (likely both) and a first. Not worth it.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:42 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
At first I was all over signing Nash, wanted him badly, but then as reality set in and I realized how much we'd end up giving for him, I've completely turned around and hope like hell that the Rangers don't pull the trigger on this one. I actually don't think they will, sounds like they're thinking the price is too high as well, so I'm breathing a little easier.
This is what Howson is asking for two weeks before the deadline.

IF Nash is moved to the Rangers, my guess is that it will def be for less than what we are hearing.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:46 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
They want Dubi, Krieder, Stepan/McDonagh (likely both) and a first. Not worth it.
In the end what a manager wants and what a manager eventually gets end up being quite different. True value often establishes itself as you approach closer and closer to the deadline day.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:48 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
In the end what a manager wants and what a manager eventually gets end up being quite different. True value often establishes itself as you approach closer and closer to the deadline day.
7.5 million for a guy like Bobby Holik with worse aggressiveness and defense. Yeah... I think I'll pass

Old
02-15-2012, 03:50 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
7.5 million for a guy like Bobby Holik with worse aggressiveness and defense. Yeah... I think I'll pass
Lol what???????? Bobby Holik and Rick Nash HAVE NOTHING in common. You can't be serious?

Old
02-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Could you elaborate on what you think the similarities are between Holik and Nash?

02-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
you seriously did not just compare Rick Nash with Bobby Holik right?

Old
02-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

In Holiks 1314 games played in the NHL he scored a total of 326 goals...
Nash has 277G in 649 games (should get to the same goal total in a little more than 1/2 the games played)

Bobby Holik is nowhere near the kind of player Rick Nash is..frankly that comment should just be deleted because youre going to get torn to shreds saying stuff like that on this board...or at least youll create more work for the mods by saying it lol.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:57 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Um, Bobby Holik did stuff like this ALL the time.

(Still want no part of Nash.)

Old
02-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Um, Bobby Holik did stuff like this ALL the time.

(Still want no part of Nash.)
Yeah, i just dont get that comment.

What's next, comparing Brian Boyle and Eric Lindros?

Old
02-15-2012, 09:25 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

I just don't think Sather will be satisfied to go into the playoffs with guys like Wolski, Newbury and Bickel as the 13th forward. Reinforcements are coming.

Oh, and they won't be Nash.

Old
02-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Am I the only one who thought Kreider didn't seem to enamored at the idea of playing for the Rangers? He seemed dis interested.

Closed Thread