Notices

Thomas for Pat Kane???

Old
02-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Neely08

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
I am not ever on the trade Thomas bandwagon, but if you can trade a guy who is 39 very soon for someone that is a great young player under 25 you have to do it.

How many 40+ guys are in the NHL this year, Lidstrom and Selanne?

Statistically speaking Thomas has 2 years left in him while Kane has 10-15 in all probability.
What if he gives you the best chance to actually win Cups in those two years?

This is what people seem to be missing.

That, or they're eating peyote flavored communion wafers.

Politcal genius, no. Conn Smythe winner, yeah. You don't deal those away, sorry.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:41 PM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1 View Post
Kane would be nice.

Seabrook makes more sense.
As much as I like Seabrook's game and what it would do for this team, I don't want another guy that has had concussion problems on this team and could be one hit away from being done for a long time (Bergeron, Horton and Savard are enough).

BudMovin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Trap Jesus

Even though Kane doesn't fit into the Bruins system all that well, you'd be an idiot not to make this trade. Chicago would never do this.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:48 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
Even though Kane doesn't fit into the Bruins system all that well, you'd be an idiot not to make this trade. Chicago would never do this.
Agreed.

I love Thomas but this would be unreal, to not do it would be a shame. I wouldn't trade Thomas for anything BUT overpayment and Kane definately qualifies as overpayment

Doubt it happens though

That said I would NOT want to run into Thomas in the SCF though... That would be trouble haha

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Mr Cartmenez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
The way Kane`s playin, not sure that the Hawks wouldn`t win that trade one for one

Timmy ain`t on fire, but PK is ice cold and appears sulky on the ice to boot
There is a great chance this trade would make the Blackhawks a (much) better team for the remainder of the season, but long-term? I'd be the first one to agree that Pat Kane is slightly overrated, but still a very good, though.

If we offered them Rask + something else, we could be the ones losing the trade short- and long-term.

Mr Cartmenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:52 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
What if he gives you the best chance to actually win Cups in those two years?

This is what people seem to be missing.

That, or they're eating peyote flavored communion wafers.

Politcal genius, no. Conn Smythe winner, yeah. You don't deal those away, sorry.
I know, I have a Thomas avatar and a Thomas jersey in my closet.

But I would trade Lidstrom/Selanne for Kane as well.

I know it may not be right, and my heart says it is wrong, but for a young proven player or a guy that is going to retire in a few years, you go with the young proven player every time.

I bet if a poll was created not many people would trade Kane for Thomas because of the age thing.

VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:57 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
Let's not get carried away here. His highest career goals total is 30, not any more than Lucic. He's good, he's creative, but he doesn't even score as many goals as Kessel.
He doesn't score as much as Kessel, but I think he's an overall better player than Kessel. Plus, I think he'd add a different dynamic to the first line, and open things up more for Lucic and Krejci. It won't happen, but I'd make the trade. I like Thomas, but after next year (or maybe even this year), Tuukka could take over, and then you could lose Thomas for nothing. In this situation, you get to give Tuukka more playing time immediately, and add a 1st line winger. In 3 years, you would still have Kane and Rask, instead of Rask and cap space.

kman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:57 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Wasn't Kane rumoured or speculated in a deal for Miller? None of this makes sense for Chi town.

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:59 PM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:

I know it may not be right, and my heart says it is wrong, but for a young proven player or a guy that is going to retire in a few years, you go with the young proven player every time.
This is where I disagree, where you say "every time". I think that having Thomas in net gives the Bruins the best chance to win the Cup this year, and next year as well (even if Tuukka takes the starting role, having Timmy there 'just in case' for the playoffs). I don't think that adding Patrick Kane and putting Tuukka in for the run is more likely to bring success for this season and next.

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 06:00 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Wasn't Kane rumoured or speculated in a deal for Miller? None of this makes sense for Chi town.
it is...but they want a chance at a cup, and that overrated piece of **** won't get them there

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Neely08

Quote:
I know, I have a Thomas avatar and a Thomas jersey in my closet.

But I would trade Lidstrom/Selanne for Kane as well.

I bet if a poll was created not many people would trade Kane for Thomas because of the age thing.
Kane isn't going to change we're a defense first team. I love Tuukka, have all the confidence he can take over when TT is eventually spent, or gone. He still has a ton to prove. As much as it hurts to say it, all he's proven in terms of Stanley Cups is; he can open the bench door, and 3 goals in game 7 just wasn't enough.

People want to kid themselves that you can just plop Tuukka in there in the playoffs, and we have the same chance to repeat. Not reality. TT has proven he can give up a goal and battle back. That he can break a teams will. Get better as a series goes on. Win three game 7's. You can't buy that. Waited 39 years for it. Insanity.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 09:04 PM
scythe

Roenick not a great source of info.

scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Chicago would not do this, why the hell would they?

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 09:29 PM
du5566*

Haha, Marchand Seguin and Kane on the same team? Can't wait to watch the "behind the music" on these three in 10 years. Haha, Seguin sitting at a picnic table smoking butts, all of a sudden a wheel chair bound Kane rolls up for their tearful reunion. First since the car accident. Marchand couldn't participate due to his commitment to celebrity rehab.

du5566* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Boston Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by du5566 View Post
Haha, Marchand Seguin and Kane on the same team? Can't wait to watch the "behind the music" on these three in 10 years. Haha, Seguin sitting at a picnic table smoking butts, all of a sudden a wheel chair bound Kane rolls up for their tearful reunion. First since the car accident. Marchand couldn't participate due to his commitment to celebrity rehab.

Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Bostonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
Thomas was integral in us winning the cup last year, and it amazes me how so many "fans" are all of the sudden on the "trade him" bandwagon lately
People were theorizing trading him days after we won the cup. It was said in the Rangers GDT that this guy would need to win 3 or 4 straight Vezinas and 3 cups before some people in Boston will admit that he's a good goalie.

Edit to add:
Post game they interviewed Thomas who said that both he and Tuukka rely on each other a lot. I have noticed that a lot in the past 2 years as these two have gotten more familiar with working with each other. With Timmy's salary dropping 2 mil. it'd be nice to see if you can bounce that over to Rask and continue to have them work together. They push each other (both might be slumping right now but its still a main strength on this team) trading either unless its a no brainer would jeopardize your area of strength by a lot.

Bostonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Ratty

Do the words "No Movement Clause" and No Trade Clause"mean anything to you guys? Why would TT agree to pick up and move when his team is in the thick of the SC fight?

Of course, if you're talking TT for Kane post 07/01/2112, I can see it. In the end, no way Bowman does it.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Bostonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Do the words "No Movement Clause" and No Trade Clause"mean anything to you guys? Why would TT agree to pick up and move when his team is in the thick of the SC fight?

Of course, if you're talking TT for Kane post 07/01/2112, I can see it. In the end, no way Bowman does it.
He has waved it in the past. He considered Philly and Tampa. Who knows how he feels about Chicago. Doens't mean it doesn't get considered.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
He has waved it in the past. He considered Philly and Tampa. Who knows how he feels about Chicago. Doens't mean it doesn't get considered.
Was that after he signed his NMC /NTC contract? Doubt it.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:17 PM
WhiteMandingo

This deal would never happen, but can you imagine the trouble Seguin, Marchand and Kane would get into?
Would anyone be willing to do something like

Horton
Thomas
maybe a draft pick

For

Rick Nash
Sanford

Or would his ridiculous contract hurt us in the long run?

Last edited by WhiteMandingo: 02-15-2012 at 10:22 PM.
WhiteMandingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Save By Thomas
I Rep That West

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
Thomas was integral in us winning the cup last year, and it amazes me how so many "fans" are all of the sudden on the "trade him" bandwagon lately.
Yep, sickening isnt it?

Save By Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 01:35 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by du5566 View Post
Came to post this...

A decade or more of Marchand - Seguin - Kane on the same team in Boston!?! Talk about being the swag line. Between the three of them you'd be lucky to see one shirt on each night in Boston...

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 04:22 AM
Bostonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Was that after he signed his NMC /NTC contract? Doubt it.
Well to wave it he had to have signed it in the first place.
Summer 2010. He was going into the season as the potential backup.

Old
02-16-2012, 06:54 AM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

I don't want to trade Thomas, but this is PATRICK KANE.

With Tuukka as our 1A, I drive Thomas to the airport myself.

All that being said, there is no way Chicago does it.

TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 06:57 AM
ODAAT

Ima gonna make a list of who isn`t coming through that door before the deadline ends and I`m happy about it as I just don`t see the benefit of ripping apart a team to get them (and I believe that`s what Chia would have to do)

Kane
Iggy
Weber
Suter
Parise
Nash

Now I can focus a touch more on the reality side of what will likely occur come deadline day, depth players who won`t get the pompoms going too much but....

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote