HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

We suck in SO

Old
02-15-2012, 10:04 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
One thing I learned tonight is not to post a video involving a Bruins player making a questionable hit.

My God, I'm getting attacked by some random people on Twitter.
Then you tell them you're a Wild fan (closet Habs fan too )

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Emelin is quickly becoming my favorite Hab.. That should've been a penalty to knucklehead Thornton for interference on that play..
Thornton looked like a fool tonight. He turned on Emelin's hit like a *****, then dives, then this very dangerous play...

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
In retrospect, I really think we can have a very competitive team starting next year as long as we improve our defense.
Brutal job by PG this year trying to build a defense.

Next year we must start the season as if Markov is not an option. We cannot continue to cross our fingers and hope he is healthy. It has ****ed us over long enough. We need his replacement in place by Game 1.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:05 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
The day they do, I'm buying the jersey.
Same! I just hope negotiations go well.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:05 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Missed the game due to a business dinner but recorded it for tomorrow.

How did White look? How was his fight?

What was Kaberle doing on the point in the last few seconds of regulation, I almost drove off he freakin road!!!

Do you think the team believes they can still make the playoffs?

How can this team win with Kaberle, Campoli and Gill .... YUK!!!!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:06 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post

What was Kaberle doing on the point in the last few seconds of regulation, I almost drove off he freakin road!!!

Don't ask now if you're gonna watch it, but lemme tell you it was FUN and intense.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:06 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopod View Post
Emelin boss, even when being charged. "j't'ai vu"
The difference between Emelin and Thornton. Thornton needs to cheat and use a blindside hit. Emelin will just destroy that punk on open ice with a clean check.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:07 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopod View Post
Emelin boss, even when being charged. "j't'ai vu"
Thank you!!

Here's a really crappy gif:

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:

How can this team win with Kaberle, Campoli and Gill .... YUK!!!!
High intensity drinking gasoline hockey! White Drops the gloves! #53 Looked great!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:

White looked good, didn't seem to show any signs of an inury. He won the fight I'd say, against the bigger McQuaid. Speaking of which, isn't there a penalty for not tying down your jersey properly?

After White ripped McQuaids jersey off, he didn't have anything to grab onto to stabilize himself.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Maybe so, but...0 goals for on 3 shots tonight. Again.

I could understand the Price bashing in the SO if our forwards kept giving him leads and he kept blowing it...but that's not the case at all.
True: in SO, Price is putrid AND our shooters are also putrid!

2011-2012 - Regular Season - Skater - Shootouts - Shooting Percentage: http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm...outTeamSummary

Goaltender - Shootouts - Save Percentage: http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...shootouts&pg=2

PS but the book is really out on Price during SO: 2 feet above ice level on his blocker side = success.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:12 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Hard not to say that's interference after seeing that replay...
Actually, it's quite easy. All you need is a directive from the New York office telling you that when it's a player with a teddy bear on the jersey it's a strong hockey play. When it's a player with any other jersey it's a penalty.

Compare Kostitsyn's interference penalty to Thornton's non call play. Anyway, doesn't really matter the Habs would not have scored on the PP.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Help
Send help

vCash: 50
Anyone else surprised that White went after McQuaid the way he did? McQuaid has 4 inches and 10lbs on him and is a pretty tough customer. I'm not a part of the whole "this team needs more toughness" crowd either, but my hat goes off to White, the guy is absolutely fearless. On top of that he was really aggressive out there on the ice and even managed a few pucks on net.

Would have been reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal nice to see him beat that little snot by the name of Marchand to a bloody pulp, but hey, we'll give it some time

Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:14 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
Thornton looked like a fool tonight. He turned on Emelin's hit like a *****, then dives, then this very dangerous play...
He doesn't look like the sharpest knife in the drawer does he..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post

Next year we must start the season as if Markov is not an option. We cannot continue to cross our fingers and hope he is healthy. It has ****ed us over long enough. We need his replacement in place by Game 1.
In hindsight, yes. But if Markov was healthy, it may have been a different story. We wouldn't have Kaberle and Campoli. Markov, Subban, Gorges, Spacek, Gill, Diaz, Emelin. Better than what we have now.

PG can't just say "Screw it with what the doctors say, I'm not signing Markov". Remember that an overwhelming majority of fans was favorable to the signing. If PG had let go Markov, we would have had a riot in our hands. LOL

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:18 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
One thing I learned tonight is not to post a video involving a Bruins player making a questionable hit.

My God, I'm getting attacked by some random people on Twitter.
but no, only habs fans are classless

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:

It will probably be Gauthier's downfall: we only have ONE experienced D (Gorges) who can eat a lot of minutes on even strength. It is mind boggling.

If you add a tough and experienced D who can shoulder a lot of ES time, they would become a top tier team imo.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:23 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
What games are you watching? He shutdown the Sedin and Datsyuk lines earlier in the year. He's legit.
For pete's sakes, he is not a shutdown centerman. Do you watch other teams? Lars is good and could be a shutdown centerman but please do not say he's a shutdown centerman. We are a one line team, period. We don't even have a proper 4th line.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:24 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
For pete's sakes, he is not a shutdown centerman. Do you watch other teams? Lars is good and could be a shutdown centerman but please do not say he's a shutdown centerman. We are a one line team, period. We don't even have a proper 4th line.
Tonight we rolled 4 lines of awesome. They were clicking faster than a WoW player's mouse.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Tonight we rolled 4 lines of awesome. They were clicking faster than a WoW player's mouse.
Thnkas for the metaphor

Kenny Powders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:33 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I think people are forgetting the AK-Eller-Moen line. They have been good this season AND last season. I think Eller's line should be rolled out just as often as Pleks + the other two. When he plays with skilled guys or guys who are good on the boards, he gets a good cycle going and he's got great hands. Yes, now the DD line is the top line, but the others have important roles and I would like to see Eller out there more often. I'm also really impressed with Leblanc given he's supposed to require more time to be at this level. His decision making and control of the puck in tough situations has been great.
Our forwards were fine tonight. I'm quite ok with this lineup which is missing Gionta to boot. Campoli and Kaberle are the ones really sticking out. I get mad at Gill, but he does a lot to make up for it. The other two don't.

How about Subban lately? Best hockey this season from him the past couple of games.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Stradale

I'm surprised that there aren't more talk about Gomez joking and smiling on the bench right after Plekanec took that delay of game penalty late in the third.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Dharvey33

Campoli looked like a ****in jester when Pouliot deeked him.

That guy has to be the worst dman in the league. It's simple every time i think of him i see the horrendous turnover he had that cost the hawks the series last year.

I cannot wait to see Tinordi on the habs in the near future no more softie a la softberle or Cacapoli. I'd prefer Weber 10 times in front of this ****in useless piece of crap that campoli is.

Price sucked again in the shootout but again the habs cannot buy a goal in the shootout. Eller was benched(for something that wasn't even his fault) so he had no confidence and still was sent there like it was a dead sentence.

I like what randy can bring to the team but that was not a great decision. That's two crappy coached games in a row.

And please for the love of god don't tell me Removing Crapoli and putting Schultz instead would not have been a better decision. He costed us a goal again and Thornton could have find a dancing partner instead of trying to injure our hitting machine.

The bruins player like **** tonight be we couldn't capitalize again that is getting for sure.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:45 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Thank you!!

Here's a really crappy gif:

Would have been so awesome if he made a huge hit on whoever he was pointing at the next time they were on the ice (I assume Thornton).

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:46 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
RC.. you play AK 5 min last game, tonight Eller plays 5 minutes...

Why the **** don't you reunite them instead of making them and the team suffer.
Not playing the right way, whatever that means.

I really don't know what Randy is thinking. The Eller and Subban scratch at the beginning of his tenure was probably a big clue about how he's not really that good at evaluating players. Calling Plekanec a third line center was the second.

He followed that by throwing Eller against first lines and benching him when he can't handle it, benching Subban against Detroit (I don't care if we won that game 7-2, that was just stupid. I think that benching was also because of a penalty and Subban was having a good game outside of that, we actually got outshot the whole time he was benched during that game), putting Gomez and AK together despite the fact that it never ever works, benching AK last game for giveways while Kaberle doesn't hear a thing on his huge giveaway to Staal. And I'm probably forgetting a couple of things.

It's like he coaches while watching l'Antichambre and reading message boards.

Benching a player during the 2nd and giving him a chance to prove himself during the 3rd would at least make sense. I don't agree with benching a player for an accidental penalty (especially if said player is playing just fine) but there is at least some logic (bad logic but whatever) behind that.

But benching Eller almost the whole 2nd and 3rd periods and then sending him in the SO as the last shooter is just stupid. Eller is a player who I think should have been used there since the beginning of the season since he's actually quite good at these things but putting him there tonight after benching 2nd-3rd+OT doesn't make sense. The SO isn't where a player in the doghouse should get the chance to prove himself to his coach, especially not a young develloping player. Except if Randy thinks the SO has something to do with "playing the right way" during games and not a skills comp. Then what? If you score you get 15+ min next game, if you don't healthy scratch? Stupid.

Anyway good third period, almost came back. I took us a while to get going but that was a pretty exciting game in the end. I liked Randy going with 3F and 1D in OT, I would have prefered Subban or Gorges over Diaz but that was a pretty good idea. Or if you go with Diaz, have Plek in you F. Darche is on fire since being put with Plekanec. Wich kind of make sense, last year he wasn't a crash and bang classic 4th liner but more of a soft minutes offensive producer. I was kind of surprised to see him do so well in tough minutes with Plekanec but if I remember well, last year, he was the only one except Pacioretty who worked with Gio and Gomez (minutes not as tough but still not super easy).

Pacioretty is now 4th in the league in ES goals, 7th in the league in Shots on goal.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote