02-15-2012, 04:20 PM
txomisc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
Glennie was the same # pick as the CLB pick and they want defense soooooo

glennie+nemeth for carter

glennie+larsen might be less of a clouds in the head proposal
id rather offer glennie nemeth and campbell than glennie and larsen.

Old
02-15-2012, 05:07 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
id rather offer glennie nemeth and campbell than glennie and larsen.
My thinking as well. As good as Nemeth looks, Larsen has shown he can stick in the NHL.

Old
02-15-2012, 05:23 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
If we trade for Nash or Carter and it's not a steal, I honestly don't see how I could be a Stars fan much longer.

Carter, if what is said of him in the LR and off the ice is true, is not the kind of guy you want on your team. He doesn't seem to be the kind of person Nieuwy would try to acquire, and even though he can score and has an okay contract, the most I'd offer is Glennie + Besko + 2nd. But if Howson trades Carter for anything less than the value of Voracek + 8th overall, he should be fired instantly. He (should be) smarter than that.

Nash has a higher cap hit and no one knows how well he plays in the playoffs. Sure, he's far more talented, but we have plenty of scoring wingers. And I can't see them trading the face of their franchise.

And why would we even attempt to go after one of them? We've all pretty much written off this season, and GMs talk all the time, unless I'm misinformed or something. I'm fine with Brassard or Vermette, but not Nash or Carter.

Old
02-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
If we trade for Nash or Carter and it's not a steal, I honestly don't see how I could be a Stars fan much longer.

Carter, if what is said of him in the LR and off the ice is true, is not the kind of guy you want on your team. He doesn't seem to be the kind of person Nieuwy would try to acquire, and even though he can score and has an okay contract, the most I'd offer is Glennie + Besko + 2nd. But if Howson trades Carter for anything less than the value of Voracek + 8th overall, he should be fired instantly. He (should be) smarter than that.

Nash has a higher cap hit and no one knows how well he plays in the playoffs. Sure, he's far more talented, but we have plenty of scoring wingers. And I can't see them trading the face of their franchise.

And why would we even attempt to go after one of them? We've all pretty much written off this season, and GMs talk all the time, unless I'm misinformed or something. I'm fine with Brassard or Vermette, but not Nash or Carter.
i think the **** coming out of philly about locker room cancer drinking etc was all just propaganda to prevent the casual fan about getting all up in arms about dealing fan favorites

Old
02-15-2012, 06:59 PM
txomisc

Quote:
i think the **** coming out of philly about locker room cancer drinking etc was all just propaganda to prevent the casual fan about getting all up in arms about dealing fan favorites
I dont know. Trading both those guys like that is an incredibly drastic move. I know they moronically decided to invest alot of money in a goalie, but it still seems theres an underlying issue as to why they moved both those guys. If they had moved just one of them I wouldnt think much of it but trading both looks like a red flag.

Old
02-15-2012, 07:29 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
I dont know. Trading both those guys like that is an incredibly drastic move. I know they moronically decided to invest alot of money in a goalie, but it still seems theres an underlying issue as to why they moved both those guys. If they had moved just one of them I wouldnt think much of it but trading both looks like a red flag.
This is my line of thinking. Trading one means slight change of course. Trading both means drastic changes for a team that went to the Cup finals a little over a calendar year prior.

Old
02-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
This is my line of thinking. Trading one means slight change of course. Trading both means drastic changes for a team that went to the Cup finals a little over a calendar year prior.
to me it all seemed very forced by Snider demanding to get good goaltending in bryzgalov

Old
02-15-2012, 07:38 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
There was obvious tension between him and Hartnell. One of them came out publicly with it, I believe, but I think it was more than just with Hartnell. Again, though, this was a while ago, and he may have changed or that may be false to begin with, but he just doesn't seem like a Nieuwy type of player.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:47 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
to me it all seemed very forced by Snider demanding to get good goaltending in bryzgalov
Yep. Don't underestimate how much of a meddling owner Snider is. He really calls a lot of the shots.

Old
02-15-2012, 11:12 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
go

vCash: 27750
Fistric:
I’d be lying if I said that it wasn’t tough and a little bit frustrating at times. You can understand it if you are not playing well and you are battling in and out. But I felt for the most part I’ve been playing my game and playing really well. It’s a numbers game. The (coaches) let me know it’s nothing against my game. It’s just they feel they need a little offense or whatever they feel is going to help them win that night. The healthy scratches are a little tough to take.
Well you see Mark, the team has to be able to get Grossman's unparalleled offensive dynamism into the game, so I'm sure you'll understand.

Old
02-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Bennrocks

Won't be an issue when we trade grossman and burish to chicago for a first

Old
02-16-2012, 12:36 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Itís just they feel they need a little offense or whatever they feel is going to help them win that night.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Old
02-16-2012, 12:52 AM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Bryz's cap hit is the roughly the same as either Richards or Carter, give or take some hundreds of thou. Maybe I'm retarded but to me that says that they could have traded one, kept the other, and still had room for Bryz. Point being, if making monetary room for a top goaltender is the main thing there are ways of shedding salary that aren't the two biggest names on the team. The fact that they were both traded tells me that there was more going on there. Of course maybe not but neither of us are basing our opinions in firm truths, just speculation.

Old
02-16-2012, 01:02 AM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Bryz's cap hit is the roughly the same as either Richards or Carter, give or take some hundreds of thou. Maybe I'm retarded but to me that says that they could have traded one, kept the other, and still had room for Bryz. Point being, if making monetary room for a top goaltender is the main thing there are ways of shedding salary that aren't the two biggest names on the team. The fact that they were both traded tells me that there was more going on there. Of course maybe not but neither of us are basing our opinions in firm truths, just speculation.
I was living in Pennsylvania at the time if thats worth anything, but to me it seemed like Snider told holmgren to make the necessary moves to be able to sign bryz, holmgren saw giroux capable of stepping up so the logical thing to go to would be to shop carter and richards, while doing this he realized he was going to end up with a kings(heh) ransom in return and thought he could improve the team now and in the future by moving them for their large returns that would free up alot of capspace on a cap pressed team. He basically ended up trading Richards and Carter for read,schenn,couturier,jagr,bryzgalov,voracek and simmonds and some cap space which at this point in time is looking brilliant aside from bryz being a sieve.

Old
02-16-2012, 01:06 AM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
I was living in Pennsylvania at the time if thats worth anything, but to me it seemed like Snider told holmgren to make the necessary moves to be able to sign bryz, holmgren saw giroux capable of stepping up so the logical thing to go to would be to shop carter and richards, while doing this he realized he was going to end up with a kings(heh) ransom in return and thought he could improve the team now and in the future by moving them for their large returns that would free up alot of capspace on a cap pressed team. He basically ended up trading Richards and Carter for read,schenn,couturier,jagr,bryzgalov,voracek and simmonds and some cap space which at this point in time is looking brilliant aside from bryz being a sieve.
I can't argue with making the trades, especially based on the return. The innuendo about the players seems a bit much though if management really thinks they're making the team better, which they did. I respect the hell out of them marking Giroux as their main man and making moves to accommodate that. I can see what you're saying but it just seems there were a lot of negative things said about them that needn't have.

Old
02-16-2012, 01:12 AM
Bennrocks

Quote:
I can't argue with making the trades, especially based on the return. The innuendo about the players seems a bit much though if management really thinks they're making the team better, which they did. I respect the hell out of them marking Giroux as their main man and making moves to accommodate that. I can see what you're saying but it just seems there were a lot of negative things said about them that needn't have.
People that live in philadelphia are CRAZY especially about sports they needed a "reason" they were moving them out so people wouldn't picket outside of the Wells Fargo center for trading their favorites for piles of crap

Old
02-16-2012, 06:25 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Both moves were extremely intelligent and well thought out. The only season that was really ever in jeopardy was this one, as they might have needed time to let their new pieces fill in, but they've flowed together very well.

I have a feeling BR is right in that they were only planning on shopping one, but got far higher than market value for both, and neither trade was really devastating to their play right now.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Fly Like a C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Fistric:
Iíd be lying if I said that it wasnít tough and a little bit frustrating at times. You can understand it if you are not playing well and you are battling in and out. But I felt for the most part Iíve been playing my game and playing really well. Itís a numbers game. The (coaches) let me know itís nothing against my game. Itís just they feel they need a little offense or whatever they feel is going to help them win that night. The healthy scratches are a little tough to take.
Well you see Mark, the team has to be able to get Grossman's unparalleled offensive dynamism into the game, so I'm sure you'll understand.
It seems like a major issue is that the coaching staff looks at the situation and feels that they are choosing between putting Fistric or Larsen into the lineup instead of choosing whether to put Fistric or Grossman in the lineup. The coaching staff seems to have a guaranteed spot for Grossman in the lineup.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
It seems like a major issue is that the coaching staff looks at the situation and feels that they are choosing between putting Fistric or Larsen into the lineup instead of choosing whether to put Fistric or Grossman in the lineup. The coaching staff seems to have a guaranteed spot for Grossman in the lineup.
I would rather have Fistric in than Robidas TBH. We have Daley for speed.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:20 PM
hairylikebear
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

One player's speed doesn't spill over onto the rest of the roster. Ideally every defenseman will exceed a certain "baseline" speed.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:23 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

I'm just holding onto the hope they wouldn't scratch Grossman because it'd destroy his trade value. Only thing that makes sense.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
Wow. I wasn't even thinking that they were deciding between Larsen and Fistric. I thought Fistric was referring to the offense that comes from Grossman (hence all the smilies).

Old
02-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Bennrocks

Marek vs Wyshynski today apparently mentioned that the stars actually are in on carter... i didnt hear it but ill go back and see if i can find it when the podcast goes up

Old
02-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Bennrocks

Sturm ****ing gets it... http://dallassportsnetwork.tv/2012/0...rade-deadline/

his part starts around 13 minutes

time to turn the roster over from the 30-35 year olds to the under 30 year olds

Old
02-16-2012, 02:55 PM
ReverendAlBundy
Loungetown mortician

Heard through the grapevine from someone who knows someone who knows parise that he wants to come play in Dallas. Take it with a grain of salt obviously, but I still can't help but to get my hopes up a bit.

Closed Thread