HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Jurco

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-03-2012, 06:25 AM
  #76
Tavaresmagicalplay*
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 19,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuick View Post
Agreed. I don't want to make this thread any more about Schremp than it already is, but he only put up those numbers with massive amount of PP time on a bottom 5 team. From what I remember he was still a liability at ES.

Back on topic, nice to see Jurco hasn't slowed down yet. Can't wait to see him in Grand Rapids next year (hopefully).
Bottom 5 team? By bottom 5 team do you mean the memorial cup champions?

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 06:29 AM
  #77
Tavaresmagicalplay*
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 19,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresmagicalplay View Post
Bottom 5 team? By bottom 5 team do you mean the memorial cup champions?
oh wait I got that mixed up, that was the next year, still not even close to bottom 5.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 11:58 AM
  #78
GoBoltz56
Mantha's Coming
 
GoBoltz56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Tampa and Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 927
vCash: 500
Does anybody know the extent of his current injury? He missed the last game of the wjc and did not play this weekend for his q team.

GoBoltz56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:49 PM
  #79
kuick
Tatar Sauce
 
kuick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Grand Rapids
Country: United States
Posts: 2,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresmagicalplay View Post
Bottom 5 team? By bottom 5 team do you mean the memorial cup champions?
Was referring to Schremp's time with the New York Islanders. Hopefully that clears things up.

kuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 03:41 AM
  #80
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,537
vCash: 500
Jurco is having an insane season.

Last season 0.93 PPG.
This season 1.51 PPG.

In 41 games, he has 27 goals and 35 assists. I know it's only juniors, but it's hard not to get excited about this kid.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 04:07 AM
  #81
Trvp Lord
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Jurco is having an insane season.

Last season 0.93 PPG.
This season 1.51 PPG.

In 41 games, he has 27 goals and 35 assists. I know it's only juniors, but it's hard not to get excited about this kid.
Such a stud. You're right, it's real hard to not get excited about him.

Trvp Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 04:20 AM
  #82
Huntershin Karuk
Horvat is Horfat
 
Huntershin Karuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,479
vCash: 500
****ing knew we should have taken him.

Oh well, Jensen should be a good player.

Huntershin Karuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 05:55 AM
  #83
YARR123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,558
vCash: 500
how is Jurco's overall game, defense, forecheck, backcheck etc? Kid has all the tools in the world, fast skating, super smooth hands, good shot, IQ... How far in the horizon is the NHL for him?

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:57 AM
  #84
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
how is Jurco's overall game, defense, forecheck, backcheck etc? Kid has all the tools in the world, fast skating, super smooth hands, good shot, IQ... How far in the horizon is the NHL for him?
Haven't watched enough 2011-12 games because my work has taken over, whereas I used to be able to drive home regularly to see the games, but based on the past couple years

I don't find him particularly 'fast', but he has the weapons in his arsenal to make something happen. Decent passing on a team with ridiculous talent allows Saint John players to make otherwise dangerous plays. If Jurco is sat on one of his dekes in the NHL it'll not be well received.

He was in god mode in January but slowed/stuttered a bit. He is streaky, but not for lack of effort (see: Kovalchuk is streaky, but always trying. Rob Schremp is a terrible comparison). I think a 60pt 2nd line winger who might get some pp time if he pans out. Jurco will probably need some developing years in the AHL though.

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 05:34 PM
  #85
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Haven't watched enough 2011-12 games because my work has taken over, whereas I used to be able to drive home regularly to see the games, but based on the past couple years

I don't find him particularly 'fast', but he has the weapons in his arsenal to make something happen. Decent passing on a team with ridiculous talent allows Saint John players to make otherwise dangerous plays. If Jurco is sat on one of his dekes in the NHL it'll not be well received.

He was in god mode in January but slowed/stuttered a bit. He is streaky, but not for lack of effort (see: Kovalchuk is streaky, but always trying. Rob Schremp is a terrible comparison). I think a 60pt 2nd line winger who might get some pp time if he pans out. Jurco will probably need some developing years in the AHL though.
Yeah I think the streakiness was the biggest reason he slipped in the draft I read. Partially due to not having the compete level but he was stuck behind a lot of guys on his team last season and didnt get the huge minutes a lot of high junior picks do.

This year, his biggest weakness, his streakiness has completely disappeared. Thats why I'm getting excited about him. His skill set is one of the tops from his draft year, he could be the real deal

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 05:56 PM
  #86
wings95
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Leavenworth, KS
Country: United States
Posts: 1,966
vCash: 500
I think he is fast enough. Did not the wings compare him to hossa?

wings95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 07:39 PM
  #87
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,537
vCash: 500
Goal and assist for Jurco, with still 30 mins remaining.

He has 10 points the past 4 games.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 08:06 PM
  #88
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,537
vCash: 500
He has 2 goals and 5 assists the past 2 games...

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:44 PM
  #89
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 41,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
He has 2 goals and 5 assists the past 2 games...
Insane that he has 11 points in 4 playoff games this year...and he's still just the #4 scorer on the Sea Dogs.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 06:52 AM
  #90
ricky0034
Registered User
 
ricky0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Insane that he has 11 points in 4 playoff games this year...and he's still just the #4 scorer on the Sea Dogs.
yeah that teams pretty crazy

he's only 2 points behind the leader now though so it's not like it's a huge gap anymore after leading the team in points both of the last two games

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:18 PM
  #91
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,537
vCash: 500
2 goals and 3 assists for Jurco tonight.

13G, 16A and +24 in 16 playoff games.

So hope he makes the jump to the AHL next season.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:30 PM
  #92
Tomahawk Patch
Registered User
 
Tomahawk Patch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 58
vCash: 500
he's eligible for AHL next year ?

Tomahawk Patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:43 PM
  #93
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk Patch View Post
he's eligible for AHL next year ?
Yes, he's a '92 so he's eligible.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:42 AM
  #94
alko
Registered User
 
alko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,773
vCash: 500
he owns now some Slovak junior records in playoff.

Most points overall - 64
best +/- overall - +37
most golas overall - 26

most points in one playoff - 29 (Zoltan Batovsky had also 29 points but for 10+19, Jurco is 13+16)
most goals in one playoff - 13 (that the best record from all Slovak performers in CHL leagues)

Sure, he played in stacked team Saint John Sea Dogs, but he showed some really good progress. I'm curious to his performance in Memorial Cup. hopefully Martin Gernat and the Edmonton Oil Kings will be there too.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.