HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Avs-Ducks

Old
02-14-2012, 10:32 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I'm sorry but Kaberle was over paid for.. Visnovsky is older.. Good luck getting a 1st + a good prospect like that. Never mind then..
True, but that's what teams do at the deadline - they overpay. Not only based on Kaberle's deal (which looks a lot worse in hindsight given his player this year), a 1st plus a good prospect is relatively standard for a guy of his calibre. It's very much questionable if he's available, at all, though, given that having him around next year at a $3m salary is very attractive to a budget team looking to get back into playoffs.

But I perfectly understand that the Avs are not in a position to join some contending teams in the bidding (and possibly overpaying) for an aging player. Not the right type of move for the franchise right now.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:38 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
True, but that's what teams do at the deadline - they overpay. Not only based on Kaberle's deal (which looks a lot worse in hindsight given his player this year), a 1st plus a good prospect is relatively standard for a guy of his calibre. It's very much questionable if he's available, at all, though, given that having him around next year at a $3m salary is very attractive to a budget team looking to get back into playoffs.

But I perfectly understand that the Avs are not in a position to join some contending teams in the bidding (and possibly overpaying) for an aging player. Not the right type of move for the franchise right now.
I honestly just think a 1st plus a high end prospect is a little much. Makes me wonder what we could get for Quincey if you think Visnovsky is worth that much.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:16 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
I honestly just think a 1st plus a high end prospect is a little much. Makes me wonder what we could get for Quincey if you think Visnovsky is worth that much.
If someone feels that he could hit 40+ with regularity, you would fetch more than we would. You still might fetch more due to the age difference, even if they don't think he could do 10-30-40.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Quote:
While Quincey is right in his prime, he has no where near the skill or ability of Visnovsky. Then again, it seems like Visnovsky has been parts of trades where he's been undervalued (IMO). So who knows?

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 08:47 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
I'm sorry but Kaberle was over paid for.. Visnovsky is older.. Good luck getting a 1st + a good prospect like that. Never mind then..
And Lubo is a lot better then Kaberle so that would be a solid base for a deal for Lubo, no?

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:42 AM
Duncanmac81

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
To Ducks
Jones
Quincey

To Avs
Bobby Ryan

I know Avs would probably have to add, if so who would they have to add? One of Barrie or Elliott maybe?

What will it take to get it done?
no ***** sherlock, theyd have to add 2 1sts, or a 1st and a solid prospect...
if ryan gets traded itll be for a young roster player, top prospect and an early draft pick, but ryan, getz and perry should not be moved anywhere(thread to follow)

Duncanmac81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:57 AM
HockeyShack

vCash: 50
What's wrong with a Ryan for Ryan swap?

HockeyShack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:59 AM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyShack View Post
What's wrong with a Ryan for Ryan swap?
Bobby for Ryan....Carter? I KNOW you aren't talking about O'Reilly straight up.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Bobby for Ryan....Carter? I KNOW you aren't talking about O'Reilly straight up.
Yeah, Avs would have to be crazy to move O'Reilly for anyone at this point.

As I said before, there's no deal to be made here. But I guess if you want to talk hypotheticals, Ducks fans can start saying what they would add on top of Ryan for Duchene.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Yeah, Avs would have to be crazy to move O'Reilly for anyone at this point.

As I said before, there's no deal to be made here. But I guess if you want to talk hypotheticals, Ducks fans can start saying what they would add on top of Ryan for Duchene.
?

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
?
No, he is not being sarcastic. I'd say O'Reilly is our most valuable player right now, possibly more than Duchene. He's completely untouchable.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
No, he is not being sarcastic. I'd say O'Reilly is our most valuable player right now, possibly more than Duchene. He's completely untouchable.
I think he's referring to the other part of that quote.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
?
Nope. A guy who matched Tavares point for point until getting injured? You wouldn't be caught dead offering Ryan straight up for Tavares. Just because we have Stastny & O'Reilly doesn't mean Duchene has any less value to our franchise considering he has unlimited potential and is only 21.

Duchene's career high at the age of 20 on a terrible team was 4 less than Ryan who is 3 years older and played on an absolutely stacked line. Not to mention odds are he re-signs with us cheaper than Ryan is getting paid right now because of his injury and he has been an Avalanche fan for life.

Now you see why I posted earlier in the thread we have nothing to offer for Ryan? Because the Ducks would be the ones offering for Duchene.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Duskog
Smugnorance is bliss

Quote:
Nope. A guy who matched Tavares point for point until getting injured? You wouldn't be caught dead offering Ryan straight up for Tavares. Just because we have Stastny & O'Reilly doesn't mean Duchene has any less value to our franchise considering he has unlimited potential and is only 21.

Duchene's career high at the age of 20 on a terrible team was 4 less than Ryan who is 3 years older and played on an absolutely stacked line. Not to mention odds are he re-signs with us cheaper than Ryan is getting paid right now because of his injury and he has been an Avalanche fan for life.

Now you see why I posted earlier in the thread we have nothing to offer for Ryan? Because the Ducks would be the ones offering for Duchene.

I'd say it's a small group of fans who would consider trading Duchene for Ryan, for sure. Not that Ryan's not a great player, but he's a complimentary winger (a damn good one), and Duchene's value to the Avalanche is that of a franchise centre akin to Tavares and Getzlaf. Right now Ryan's name is the one moving around in trade circles, not Duchene's, and I can't imagine any scenario where the Avs would dangle him for a player like Ryan.

Duskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskog View Post
I'd say it's a small group of fans who would consider trading Duchene for Ryan, for sure. Not that Ryan's not a great player, but he's a complimentary winger (a damn good one), and Duchene's value to the Avalanche is that of a franchise centre akin to Tavares and Getzlaf. Right now Ryan's name is the one moving around in trade circles, not Duchene's, and I can't imagine any scenario where the Avs would dangle him for a player like Ryan.
Ryan's name isn't moving in trade circles. There is absolutely no indication that Anaheim is considering a trade right now at all. His name showed up at the end of Carlyle's tenure, but was quickly pulled off when Boudreau was hired.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
To Ducks
Jones
Quincey

To Avs
Bobby Ryan

I know Avs would probably have to add, if so who would they have to add? One of Barrie or Elliott maybe?

What will it take to get it done?
No kidding. This is brutal.

As it's been said, it would take Duchene. But honestly, I wouldn't do it as the Avalanche either, so I don't blame them for saying no. It looks like a deal can't be done here.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Or we could just keep our top pairing defender gettign paid 3 mil next year and be happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I think he's referring to the other part of that quote.
I am just amazed that they are more willing to trade Duchene then OReilly.

Is that just because how well he is playing right now? or do you really value him more then Duchene?

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:45 PM
CobraAcesS

I mentioned Duchene+ for Perry.. Never would do Duchene for Ryan. O'Reilly is untouchable because we are figuring out we have no real idea as to what his sealing really is. You don't trade a guy that will be in the Selky Discussion this year either. Plus you know how people are.. when a player gets injured his value goes down until he comes back and produces. Plus since Duchene played 10 games this year as a winger and produced everyone assumes hes a winger.

He may very well play wing for the rest of the year until we can sign wings in the off season. He is a franchise CENTER though.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:23 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Quote:
I mentioned Duchene+ for Perry.. Never would do Duchene for Ryan. O'Reilly is untouchable because we are figuring out we have no real idea as to what his sealing really is. You don't trade a guy that will be in the Selke Discussion this year either. Plus you know how people are.. when a player gets injured his value goes down until he comes back and produces. Plus since Duchene played 10 games this year as a winger and produced everyone assumes hes a winger.

He may very well play wing for the rest of the year until we can sign wings in the off season. He is a franchise CENTER though.
I is nowhere near A, so I seriously doubt that's a typo...it's CEILING. like a player's highest potential...not where...his...potential is.......sealed off.

Only way Ducks trade Perry for Duchene is if Landeskog and a pick is involved as well. And I know full well how big of a hell no response this will draw from both sides.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:37 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
I is nowhere near A, so I seriously doubt that's a typo...it's CEILING. like a player's highest potential...not where...his...potential is.......sealed off.

Only way Ducks trade Perry for Duchene is if Landeskog and a pick is involved as well. And I know full well how big of a hell no response this will draw from both sides.

No it's not a typo thanks for the grammar/spelling lesson.. I didn't notice it, feel better now?

Yeah obviously that trade wouldn't happen. I don't agree the "+" would be that much but that's your right. My point about O'Reilly stands as to why he is valued so highly, and why Duchene maybe a little tarnished in a few short sighted fans eyes.

Old
02-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
And now this thread has just gone to a whole new level of terrible.

Old
02-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Royal Canuck
Go Jumbo Joe!

vCash: 814
laugh at this and hang up.

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 03:56 AM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Quote:
And now this thread has just gone to a whole new level of terrible.
I think we reached that level the minute OP posted.

Perry and Fowler are Anaheim's two most untouchable forwards. Murray has stated publicly that if Perry goes it will only be in a deal that would hurt the team acquiring him.

And calling this terrible is seriously overrating Duchene. I never said the pick has to be a first. But Duchene isn't close to Perry. Not yet anyway.

Old
02-16-2012, 07:02 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:

Perry and Fowler are Anaheim's two most untouchable forwards. Murray has stated publicly that if Perry goes it will only be in a deal that would hurt the team acquiring him.

And calling this terrible is seriously overrating Duchene. I never said the pick has to be a first. But Duchene isn't close to Perry. Not yet anyway.
Landeskog is just a little much. That considered you could go after another center with Ryan if it came to that. Not much makes sense at all in this thread.

It would be difficult but O'Reilly+ for Ryan probably does make the most sense out of anything that was posted. I would do it in the off season right after we signed Parise since we are all dreaming mostly here on HF. Each team gives up something that is painful to watch go but fills a huge hole in the line up.

Old
02-16-2012, 07:19 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:

No... it was stupid to begin with but both fan bases made the thread work somewhat. And THEN you posted the equivalent of the Ducks trading Getzlaf/Perry + a pick three years ago for Dany Heatley. It's not even an insult to compare Perry to the old 50 goalscoring Heatley, it might even be an over comparison.

Quite frankly saying Duchene isn't close to Perry ends the discussion there. The 5 years older reigning Hart player should be 3x the player Duchene is, yet all I see is one career year being the difference maker between the two. Giving Duchene 5 years to reach Perry's level currently is more than he'll need.

Quote:
Landeskog is just a little much. That considered you could go after another center with Ryan if it came to that. Not much makes sense at all in this thread.

It would be difficult but O'Reilly+ for Ryan probably does make the most sense out of anything that was posted. I would do it in the off season right after we signed Parise since we are all dreaming mostly here on HF. Each team gives up something that is painful to watch go but fills a huge hole in the line up.
Why would the Avs trade O'Reilly and something for Ryan if we signed Parise? We signed Parise... we don't need to move a center now.

O'Reilly is going to go down as the better player when both of their careers are said and done, you can quote me on that if someone is dedicated enough to try.